My name is Teacher's Pet, and I'm a fat-ass.

• Author
Teacher's Pet
Update, tp? You get me inspired to stick to my guns! ;)

It's been an off week for me, I think..... not such great eating choices, but a lot of exercise.....

We'll see in the morning.... :)

-tp

right before breakfast:)

• Author
Teacher's Pet

Well, I gained a couple of pounds last week....

It pissed me off, but I took the time to "research" what I did wrong. :)

According to one of my bosses at work (who happens to work with professional dancers and has a LOT of fitness-related training).....

I'm doing too much strength training. Apparently, I'm putting on muscle weight, which in itself is not such a bad thing, since part of it is converted FROM fat (muscle weighs more than fat)...

He suggested I add more cardio to accelerate pure fat loss, so I'm adding in a 1 mile walk to every workout, on top of the spinning. Also, all of the swimming I've been doing may actually be contributing to muscle weight gain, but my arms are starting to get a little more toned, so I'm going to keep that up. Besides, I love gettin' wet. ;)

I must say, though, my quads are starting to get nice and tight again, hopefully my cute ass will follow soon. :lmao:

Changing my work schedule to almost all night shifts is definately helping me get to the gym more. Now I just need to perfect my workout plan and I'm set.

-tp

sexy bitch

Arise_Serpentor

You shouldn't be going so much by the scale for your weight loss! you should be measuring your body, such as your waist! muscle weighs more than fat! and when you lose weight without exercise, you are probably losing muscle! you dont want to be a big fat weak guy, do you? keep exericising!

• Author
Teacher's Pet
You shouldn't be going so much by the scale for your weight loss! you should be measuring your body, such as your waist! muscle weighs more than fat! and when you lose weight without exercise, you are probably losing muscle! you dont want to be a big fat weak guy, do you? keep exericising!

I've been working out 4-5 times a week...

I've just been doing too little cardio (walking, etc...)... I'm not really losing body fat, just gaining muscle.

My first goal is to just burn fat, building muscle and toning up is phase 2... right now, it's all about weight loss (and being able to see my feet again) :) :)

-tp

i DO have feet, right?

AriaIncognito

1lb of fat = 1lb of muscle. Matter is not affected differently by gravity just because one is healthy and the other is not lol.

The difference is, muscle is lean and takes up less space. Therefore, losing fat/gaining muscle will still make you look smaller.

As for the lifting, keep it up. It's been what's helped me lose some. I've lost 1-2 sizes (depending on the brand) since January. Cardio is definitely the key though to burn fat, as you have to burn it to get rid of it. Muscles will help burn what you're intaking now, but the stored fat has to be cardioed away, so to speak.

Keep it up!

• Author
Teacher's Pet
1lb of fat = 1lb of muscle. Matter is not affected differently by gravity just because one is healthy and the other is not lol.

The difference is, muscle is lean and takes up less space. Therefore, losing fat/gaining muscle will still make you look smaller.

As for the lifting, keep it up. It's been what's helped me lose some. I've lost 1-2 sizes (depending on the brand) since January. Cardio is definitely the key though to burn fat, as you have to burn it to get rid of it. Muscles will help burn what you're intaking now, but the stored fat has to be cardioed away, so to speak.

Keep it up!

I'm proud of you! :love:

Just promise me you won't lose the ta-ta's. :)

-tp

rack 'em up! ;)

electric_sheep

Muscle is also more metabolically "hungry" than fat. So, increasing your muscle mass increases your resting metabolic rate. Indeed, the amount of lean muscle mass you have is a pretty good estimate of your resting metabolic rate.

So, lifting equals more muscle mass, which equals higher metabolism, which can help burn fat, or at least prevent you from gaining more fat.

If you're doing a lot of lifting, a tape ruler is probably a better measure of progress. If you could find a scale in the deep end of the pool, that would be the best. I think you can use the difference in density to figure out your % body fat pretty accurately that way.

AriaIncognito
I'm proud of you! :love:

Just promise me you won't lose the ta-ta's. :)

-tp

rack 'em up! ;)

I'm trying not to, but I'm afraid they'll shrink some. :( I hope they dont but....they were the last to come so they are prob first to go lol.

Arise_Serpentor

Keep it up!

Muscle has more mass density than fat! that is what i was getting at! I should have been more clear! You want all the muscle you can build!

Again, dont go just by the scale!

• Author
Teacher's Pet
I'm trying not to, but I'm afraid they'll shrink some. :( I hope they dont but....they were the last to come so they are prob first to go lol.

We can't let this happen.

We must get the government to fund a grant into tata research to keep those girls of yours bouncing. :)

Or, at least to get MINE to stop! :lmao:

When I see you next week we can compare notes. ;)

-tp

tata's til' tuesday

• Author
Teacher's Pet

My God, even my armpits are fat.

That, coupled with my little pink nipples, it's amazing that I've gotten ANY women to sleep with me. :)

Sorry, just took a good long look at myself in the mirror in the gym locker room. :)

On the plus side, my shoulders are starting to get a little solid, and my thigh muscles are definately tightening up. :)

Do they make a machine for armpits and nipples? :lmao:

-tp

what a mess

Actually TP, I heard the remote control is quite effective for tightening armpits.LOL

Just be sure to press at regular intervals, to keep your heart rate up.

Not sure about the nipples though....I prefer to keep mine in shape by sharing them

with others....haha

And by the way TP, I am also in the middle of a workout regimine.

Are you chaging your diet at all? I am eating 5-6 times a day...and drinking loads of water. I am into my first week and feeling sore. But I am already seeing small changes overall....but more than that I feel AWESOME and so full of energy.

Do you drink? If you're consuming any alcohol, make sure you cut it out

while on this fitness kick. I'm sure you knew this though!! :)

• Author
Teacher's Pet
Not sure about the nipples though....I prefer to keep mine in shape by sharing them

with others....haha

What are you doing Friday night? :)

It's my birthday party, and I think I know what you can..bring me. :)

-tp

heehee nipples

• Author
Teacher's Pet
And by the way TP, I am also in the middle of a workout regimine.

Are you chaging your diet at all? I am eating 5-6 times a day...and drinking loads of water. I am into my first week and feeling sore. But I am already seeing small changes overall....but more than that I feel AWESOME and so full of energy.

Do you drink? If you're consuming any alcohol, make sure you cut it out

while on this fitness kick. I'm sure you knew this though!! :)

*hides a beer* Umm...yeah!:)

My whole body is sore from working out.... I've even upped my cardio, but I'm just not losing weight! :(

-tp

but I'm still dead sexy!

My whole body is sore from working out.... I've even upped my cardio, but I'm just not losing weight! :(

-tp

but I'm still dead sexy!

I can relate. To the "not losing weight" bit - not the dead sexy part.

I would like to lose 5 pounds. 5 isn't much to ask for, yet nothing is shifting. I burned up thousands of calories in the gym last week. One day alone (Thursday) - 830. That's a lot for someone my height and weight, but there's been no reward at all, and I've been at this new exercise regime for a few weeks. Now I'm bunged up with a bad cold, and I suspect it's because I've been overdoing the new regime. You know what they say about feeding a cold...and I've been doing that. Everything's gone to ratsh*t.

On the plus side, an instructor in my gym said that when you suddenly embark on a major exercise regime, your body retains a lot of water...often for several weeks. He said this is because you're losing water through sweat, your body goes into panic mode thinking that it has to preserve more water and it takes a while to snap out of that. Don't know if it's true or not, but he sounded very confident about what he was saying.

Have you taken your measurements? That would be the best way of checking your progress.

Lunar Sonata

Scales and tape measures never did any good for me on the weight loss efforts.

It either fell on not seeing enough progress and getting discouraged, or the scale telling me that I lost weight and getting the false sense of security that I can have an off day/week/month/hour of eating crap.

Scales and tape measures never did any good for me on the weight loss efforts.

It either fell on not seeing enough progress and getting discouraged, or the scale telling me that I lost weight and getting the false sense of security that I can have an off day/week/month/hour of eating crap.

Since I've had the cold, I haven't gone to the gym in 3 days. Here I am, up at the crack of dawn because the bunged-upness woke me up - and I feel as though I should be making the most of my time by doing some kind of exercise....but I don't know whether that encourages or delays recovery from a cold. I might google it.

I know what you mean about the weight suddenly falling off when you stop trying. It's annoying. As though you're own body's playing an elaborate game with you.

I can relate. To the "not losing weight" bit - not the dead sexy part.

I would like to lose 5 pounds. 5 isn't much to ask for, yet nothing is shifting. I burned up thousands of calories in the gym last week. One day alone (Thursday) - 830. That's a lot for someone my height and weight, but there's been no reward at all, and I've been at this new exercise regime for a few weeks. Now I'm bunged up with a bad cold, and I suspect it's because I've been overdoing the new regime. You know what they say about feeding a cold...and I've been doing that. Everything's gone to ratsh*t.

On the plus side, an instructor in my gym said that when you suddenly embark on a major exercise regime, your body retains a lot of water...often for several weeks. He said this is because you're losing water through sweat, your body goes into panic mode thinking that it has to preserve more water and it takes a while to snap out of that. Don't know if it's true or not, but he sounded very confident about what he was saying.

Have you taken your measurements? That would be the best way of checking your progress.

Tara wow!!! I was wondering my my stomach was so damn bloated..lol.

Seriously...the last week I have felt like a cow..and I think it IS water retention.Maybe coupled with the fact of "THAT" time of month...(sorry TMI) but at least I know there's a reason for it. :bunny:

-tp

but I'm still dead sexy!

LOL...TP I have NO doubt you are dead sexy...just your personality is a

testament of that...however I can't share my nipples with you..lol

We hardly know each other... :p:)

• Author
Teacher's Pet
LOL...TP I have NO doubt you are dead sexy...just your personality is a

testament of that...however I can't share my nipples with you..lol

We hardly know each other... :p:)

I have no doubt about my sexiness either. :)

-tp

Mmmm.... ;)

Jake Barnes

-tp

but I'm still dead sexy!

Atkins T it will work for you

Ive been on it three days and Im hungry as hell, but that means Im losing my gut

Heres my diet specifically

Breakfast-2 hardbioled eggs with salt and pepper, a cup of coffee with half and half and a glass of water

Lunch-Smallish garden salad with shredded mozarella, real dressing and bacon bits, a cup of coffee with half and half and a glass of water

Dinner- A lean protein and some vegetables with lots of spices and a glass of water

Late snack-Smallish garden salad with real dressing but no bacon bits or cheese this time

And interspersed is a lot more water

I think if you tried something like that and kept exercising youd lose weight. I think, but Im not sure

• Author
Teacher's Pet

Atkins didn't work for me. Tried it for nearly a month...

My body doesn't respond well to carb-deprivation. :)

-tp

7 more minutes