My name is Teacher's Pet, and I'm a fat-ass.

• Author
Teacher's Pet
everyone on this forum, would rather have you around for much longer.

I dunno...

I think some of the Democrats here are tired of my vote cancelling out theirs! :) :) :) :)

-tp

jogging alongside the straight-talk express

Gatormaniac

I think some of the Democrats here are tired of my vote cancelling out theirs! :) :) :) :)

Take your pleasures wherever you can, TP!

• Author
Teacher's Pet
Go TP, go!

BTW, how tall are you?

According to a chart of "medically accepted weight", I should be about 10' tall. :)

I'm 5'8". :)

Yeah, worship me.

-tp

just right fo' lovin'

tp, glad to hear you got the leg thing sorted out. If you hurt yourself, you'll have to stop going to the gym. I've heard most people give up because they overdo it.

The "gym" pain usually goes away in about 2-3 days. The trick is to maintain your exercise plan, so that you do not have to repeatedly go through it.

My gym, closes annuallly for 2 weeks for annual cleaning, so we are forced to take two weeks off. Even though I work out regularly, after about two weeks of not working out, I recognise that identifiable pain. The muscles have started to relax again.

Keep working out regularly so that you do not have keep enduring that pain. Make working out a habit.

• Author
Teacher's Pet
tp, glad to hear you got the leg thing sorted out. If you hurt yourself, you'll have to stop going to the gym. I've heard most people give up because they overdo it.

Not me, sister. :)

I work hard, I play hard, I f*ck hard.

-tp

lately I j*rk hard. :)

LakesideDream

TP, I've read your stuff on various forums for a couple of years at least... and always thought you were an arrogant ass. Still, do, however it's mutated into a more loveable arrogant ass!

I have largely the same problem with weight as you do. Saldly I'm 58 already, and it's tougher. Contracted a Staff infection in the hospital a decade back, which almost killed me 5 years ago with heart attacks (2) from the convulsions I suffered.

The infection is under control now. I'm feeling a lot better. Now it's time to lose some weight. I have similar weight loss stories to yours, although with the usual variations. My weight balloned after a spinal surgery (near miss by an RPG that compressed and blew out three disc's) that kept me in traction for 7 weeks, and basicly immobile for 7 months. The beginning of my lardassery.

Also 5-8 I would be very happy at 250-260. Forty years ago, ripped in U.S.M.C. boot I weighted 185. Feeling my best 10 years ago I was 260 but that didn't last.

I'm thinking about the Lap Band. Have you considered it?

PM if you like.

TP, you should try running or cycling or some actual sport that you can enjoy for its own sake. The reason I say this is because the gym isn't really fun itself. It's more fun to see the results. But when you hit a point where the results don't come so quickly, you could easily lose interest and find the gym to be a chore. And that's prime time to get out of the habit of going, and at the same time other good habits could slip as well.

You'll be much more likely to stick with a sport/activity that you enjoy not only for the fitness benefits.

TP, you should try running or cycling or some actual sport that you can enjoy for its own sake. The reason I say this is because the gym isn't really fun itself. It's more fun to see the results. But when you hit a point where the results don't come so quickly, you could easily lose interest and find the gym to be a chore. And that's prime time to get out of the habit of going, and at the same time other good habits could slip as well.

You'll be much more likely to stick with a sport/activity that you enjoy not only for the fitness benefits.

I agree with this. I think the gym is a great supplement to a sport though, especially if you think in terms of running on that treadmill so that you get fitter for and better at sport. I think that's a more positive goal to aim for than losing weight is, TP...and you'll still lose the weight in the process.

Why don't you set up a kind of work-out/weight loss log on here? You could keep this thread for the emotional aspects of how you feel about your weight, and use the other thread as a more goal-focused one. Aiming for X amount of pounds weight loss over a month is tricky, as the body can be stubborn about not losing weight at the rate you'd expect it to (especially when you're starting to put on muscle at the gym). You don't necessarily have much control over the rate you lose weight at, but what you can set and reach goals for the amount of work you do at the gym in each session, building up over a period of time.

I'd add my applause to everyone else's. It's great that you're tackling this and aiming for a healthier lifestyle, and I look forward to hearing about your progress.

• Author
Teacher's Pet
TP, I've read your stuff on various forums for a couple of years at least... and always thought you were an arrogant ass. Still, do, however it's mutated into a more loveable arrogant ass!

I am quite cute in that way.... :bunny:

I'm thinking about the Lap Band. Have you considered it?

PM if you like.

For a while, I was seriously considering (actually undergoing testing for) gastric bypass surgery..... That in itself is a VERY long story, but I wound up not going through with it in the end... That is certainly a post for another time.. :)

Now... do you I know you from somewhere outside of LS? You mentioned you've read my posts for "a couple of years"... so now I'm curious. :)

-tp

loveable arrogant ass

• Author
Teacher's Pet

To be honest, I would love to play a sport, but I have absolutely no time to do so, as I work a job which takes up half of my nights (and half of my days, too!)

I actually DO enjoy going to the gym, my only problem has been the motivation to get OUT of the house to get there. Once I get there, I'm fine. :)

Besides, there's a lot of hot women at my gym now (it used to be all old saggy people)... so the eye candy is more than worth it. :)

-tp

yowza!

• Author
Teacher's Pet
I agree with this. I think the gym is a great supplement to a sport though, especially if you think in terms of running on that treadmill so that you get fitter for and better at sport. I think that's a more positive goal to aim for than losing weight is, TP...and you'll still lose the weight in the process.

Why don't you set up a kind of work-out/weight loss log on here? You could keep this thread for the emotional aspects of how you feel about your weight, and use the other thread as a more goal-focused one. Aiming for X amount of pounds weight loss over a month is tricky, as the body can be stubborn about not losing weight at the rate you'd expect it to (especially when you're starting to put on muscle at the gym). You don't necessarily have much control over the rate you lose weight at, but what you can set and reach goals for the amount of work you do at the gym in each session, building up over a period of time.

I'd add my applause to everyone else's. It's great that you're tackling this and aiming for a healthier lifestyle, and I look forward to hearing about your progress.

I appreciate the sentiments. :)

When I work out, I really don't focus too much on "muscle building", even though it's a by-product of pretty much ANY workout.

I'd honestly say about 80% of my workout is cardio/resistance based (spinning, swimming, etc.. I HATE treadmills, I'd rather spin).. I do SOME weight training to tone up (my upper body is actually not THAT bad, considering my weight).. so I do pull-downs, rowing, leg presses, calf presses, and the like, just not to any excess. I can't do TOO much upper body, especially on morning before work because I can't afford to have sore arms at my job (a LOT of heavy lifting - beer kegs, cases, etc...), and then I just feel awful for the whole day. :) Of course, once my body is re-acquainted with a workout routine, it will get much easier.

As for setting up a thread on here like a weight-loss log... don't you think I'm already too much of an attention wh*re? :) :)

-tp

look at me, i'm pretty! :bunny:

According to a chart of "medically accepted weight", I should be about 10' tall. :)

I'm 5'8". :)

Yeah, worship me.

-tp

just right fo' lovin'

Wow. The pictures I've seen of you before I(as well as your big personality) made you seem like you were at least 6'3'' or something! :)

• Author
Teacher's Pet
Wow. The pictures I've seen of you before I(as well as your big personality) made you seem like you were at least 6'3'' or something! :)

I :love: you. :)

Of course, I AM 6'3" (in 7" heels) ;)

I'm still smiling about your comment about my "big personality". :)

I've never had a woman say that about me. :)

Of course, I don't know how many women check me out going "Wow... look at how big his personality is!"

Or of course the infamous... "Oh, tp, hurt me with your big personality!" :)

Sorry... I'm in a dirty mood. ;)

-tp

you KNOW you want this. *struts*

• Author
Teacher's Pet
I :love: you too, TP.

If only you were a Democrat... :laugh:

:)

I DID vote for Bill Clinton...twice.. :)

Just think though...

I may have the mind of a Republican.... but I DO have the :love: of a liberal....(i.e. I'm willing to have sex in an executive office and not pay the dry cleaning bill)

Besides, look at James Carville and Mary Matalin... :)

She's Republican, and he's... well, just scary... and they make it work. :)

C'mon, take a walk on the "right" side..... ;)

-tp

hubba hubba ;)

:) C'mon' date=' take a walk on the "right" side..... ;) [/quote']

Compromises!

One of you two should cross the partisan divide.

Think of this, you visit her on the "left" side (West Coast) then she'll visit you on the "right" side (East Coast). After that you two will compromise and settle in south west Missouri, which is a swing state. :lmao::lmao:

Meaning both of you can go either way.

• Author
Teacher's Pet
Compromises!

One of you two should cross the partisan divide.

Think of this, you visit her on the "left" side (West Coast) then she'll visit you on the "right" side (East Coast). After that you two will compromise and settle in south west Missouri, which is a swing state. :lmao::lmao:

Meaning both of you can go either way.

Hmm..

I could lure StarGazer here by telling her that there's an ancient tree that needs saving....

Or... should could lure me to Cali by telling me that the Walmart there is giving out free ammo... or that the McDonalds out west have brought back the McRib..... :)

OR... I could hold up a liquor store, get arrested, and then I'll NEVER be lonely! :)

-tp

what what, in the butt?

Hey TP. I only have a few seconds but I wanted to offer some advice, love and support.

I'm not sure if it has been suggested earlier in the thread but I would very strongly suggest weight watchers for men. I think the program will provide you with the support, butt kicking and life long strategies you need.

I also think that you may be unaware of how much food you're eating, people do not get to this high of a weight because they don't make good food choices or enjoy food, gaining that much weight is work on its own.

I think WW would put all this in perspective for you and help you reach success.

And I'm not just saying this to be nice, I know you can and will do this if you want to :):love:

Hey Tp, I love your posts...:love:

I'm also Republican....(teehee)

If you're SERIOUS about getting fit..

go to Body For Life.com. I think their

next challenge starts right about now.

Check out the before and after pics..

it's intense but extremely effective.

• Author
Teacher's Pet

Down another 2.6 pounds, for a total of 6.3 pounds in 2 weeks.

Honestly, this is probably the SLOWEST start to any diet I've ever gone on, but it's my fault. :)

While my level of physical activity/exercise is up, my eating habits have only improved slightly these past 2 weeks.

Of course, any improvement is STILL an improvement. :)

I'm off to a bad start this week, not exactly a healthy eating day yesterday.....

On Mondays, we go with a very minimal staff at work, so the cooks basically make us almost anything we want for lunch... the lead cook offered to make us omelettes yesterday, so I couldn't resist. :)

Ham, onions, and wild mushrooms :love:... fortunately (?), I'm allergic to cheese, so I never have cheese with ANYTHING. :)

Since Monday is my one double-shift, my evening meal (which is served family-style for the staff... the owner insists on the staff now eating together as a "family" before the dinner shift) wasn't much better. :)

I "justify" it only by saying that Monday is the ONE day that it's hard for me to really eat healthy (because of time constraints), but I do generally try to "fill up" on my daily intake of fats EARLY, and use the 12 hours of running around (usually with little to no break - evening mealtime included) to burn it off. :)

Being that this week is a major American holiday, I'm not expecting incredible results this week (gotta have my sausage and peppers down the shore on Thursday! - hey, I'm a Jersey boy, this is how we eat here in the Garden State!), but I'll still have PLENTY of time for the gym, so.. anything is possible. :)

In fact, considering that I KNOW I'm not going to eat healthy this week, I'm promising myself at least one extra day at the gym to balance it out. :)

I have to admit, I'm actually enjoying this "challenge" I've set for myself. Maybe tonight I'll sit down and put together more specific goals for myself.

I always work better with a deadline. :)

-tp

i got yer sausage ova hea! :bunny:

I think you should copy/paste your original post and email it to the tv show "The Biggest Loser." They would for sure take you on and provide you with a trainer, and millions of viewers to chear you on....you'd get to your target weight and maybe win a mil dollars or whatever their prize is too.

AriaIncognito

Biggest Loser just had an open call in NYC like a week or two ago. A friend of mine went for one last year or 2 years ago, but wasn't chosen sadly.

You should go for it TP, they want people with bigger than life personalities, and well, I've met you in person so I can vouch for that.

Tomorrow marks the 2 year anniversary of TP and I meeting in person for the first time lol. We are going back to the same place again this year (fireworks thing). He might even cry.

*ducks*

ahhhh TP-

who cares what size you are - you are adorable! ;)

congrats on the weight loss though - if that is your priority.