Thinking evil thoughts ...

pelicanpreacher
Hey I don't see vitriol in GEL's posts either.

Perhaps it may become apparent if it wasn't in such sharp contrast to the tsunami of vitriol in the posts of some others? :confused:

Nope! I remember experiencing it during my first post and it was as palpable as the heat in your face when you open a hot oven! I remained silent about it but noticed it also happened in her replies to other posters who've in turned responded to address the "catty attitude" she displayed against them in her posts.

I'm surprised that you, OWoman, of all posters have never noticed it but, like you said, there is a lot of vitriol blowing about in this particular forum so you may well have overlooked it.

You like to twist words to support what you say...;)

I never implied that she was stupid, but that she didn't know the truth and that probably many BS's think their partner was with their AP for less than 6 months when it is actually a much greater amount of time. That was the point of my post.

Apples and oranges, apples and oranges...My point is that I forgave my partner for lying to me the same way you FORGAVE your H for cheating...The similarity: forgiveness. But I guess you chose to overlook that. People can choose to forgive, instead of holding things over the other's head forever and bringing it up when it suits them. Oh, but I forgot you're married, so that's probably a common practice, huh? :rolleyes:

And as for your first point, you again are asserting your own implications. I don't hold my R up as a model. But I do try to help others (OW) realize that they can be treated well and if they aren't that they should leave the R. If you don't value yourself, no one else will value you either.

I haven't twisted anything. You just fail to see that your post about her lack of knowledge was an attack on her intelligence. But even you note that she doesn't know because he won't tell her. So why fault her for it?

It would be one thing if you said

"Its not uncommon for the MP to lie to the BS about the actual length of the A. My BF STBXW probably thinks that we have only been together for a short period of time too."

But, Noooooo. You post it as if she doesn't know as a matter of choice. It came across as if you feel its her responsibility to know the truth, having not been told that truth, and that she is dumb because of it. And your post to me about my H's EA had nothing to do with forgiveness. You meant it as a jab. Just like you just posted about married people holding grudges, as a jab. But I am not biting. Sorry.

It seems that others think that I am attacking you. Nothing of the sort. But I do get tired of the smug tone of your posts. Its as if you tire of educating us dolts on the finer points of getting what we want from infidelity or something. Or maybe, its just me and my perception.

I really don't care for bickering on the board, so if you would like to continue this (which I doubt), you (and anyone else with an opinion on the matter) are free to PM me.

GreenEyedLady
Personally, I think GEL, like OWoman just state what IS in their Rs - if you wanna have a hissy fit because they're happy, then that's your problem, not theirs.

Amen sister!

:love:

GreenEyedLady
but it wasn't YOUR post I was responding to......... and frankly she doesn't have to answer to anyone for her attitude either imo

Thanks LF! I don't think that just because someone comes here that I have to answer their questions. I mean the topic of this forum isn't Q & A, right?

And sometimes silence is golden.

Love ya LF!

GEL

GreenEyedLady
It would be one thing if you said

"Its not uncommon for the MP to lie to the BS about the actual length of the A. My BF STBXW probably thinks that we have only been together for a short period of time too."

I don't need to pm you.

You already have your mind made up, so there's no point. They say perception is reality so what you think is your reality.

As I have said for the 3rd time now, my post that you replied to was to the pelicanperson. He/she/it seems to have a problem with me. That's when I made my point and who it was directed at. But I'm done explaining. See what you want to see.

For the record, I don't care if anyone thinks I'm smug or have a bad attitude or is pissed that I'm happy and my R is working out when so many wish it didn't because they think it's immoral, wrong, etc. That's their own problem. For those who hate me there are twice as many who don't.

GEL

P.S. I word things my way. I don't need any help with that. And it gets my point across without tiptoeing around it. That's the way I roll.

I figured you wouldn't PM me. No audience there to witness how cool you are when you "roll". LOL.

Take care.

This thread has started going in an inappropriate direction. After this many posts I think the OP has gotten out of it what is needed. Thread closed.

I urge all members to stay on topic and to render constructive, helpful advice and comments without belittling other members or making demeaning remarks.

Thank you!