Thinking evil thoughts ...

MrsHellnoFire

he's full of crap and using you for a cheap thrill.

first it's his dog, next it will be the hampster, pet fish and so on.

i've never heard of a family pet keeping a marriage together, in real life anyways. pitiful.

i mean, lets think this through logically? you really think he'll leave his wife of 12 years for a girl he's been sleeping with for five months? men dont fall in love easily like women do.

MrsHellnoFire
You're all so right and I know it. All of this good advice is stuff I already know, things that swirl around in my head day after day.

It's very different to reconcile this, though, when he's so wonderful to me. I know, I know--all MM are the same, they're all lying to their wives and to the OW. But that is so hard to focus on when he's rushing out every day to be with me, spending the majority of his time with me/on me, doing a million things for me that I'd never even think to ask him to do, etc. All I can think is, why? If he just wanted to cheat on her, he could easily go out and do that with women who wouldn't give him a fraction of the grief and tears he gets from me. He loves me--that part, I believe wholeheartedly.

But then there's the fact that he hasn't left, that his plans for leaving are centered on the dog :rolleyes:. I love my dogs more than I've ever loved another human being, but STILL. I just don't get it--how he can so clearly love me, but really has no plans for leaving. I also don't get how I keep buying into this.

you watch too many soap operas or something. a little bit naive perhaps? he's infatuated with you/enamored.. dont confuse that with love! if he had a genuine romantic bone in his body, his marriage wouldn't be half as bad as it seems to be now.

your last sentence pretty much negated your entire post as there really is a sincere doubt in your mind. dont try to fool yourself with denial.

GreenEyedLady
I don't care about your R. But YOU continue to hold it up like it is a model for the rest of us, but especially OW.

As for my H's EA, that has nothing to do with your situation. I was betrayed. I wasn't helping the Betrayer. Apples and oranges, really.

My post was no more an attempt to "tear" you down, than yours was an attempt to say that his W is so stupid as to believe that you have only been with him for 6 months.

You like to twist words to support what you say...;)

I never implied that she was stupid, but that she didn't know the truth and that probably many BS's think their partner was with their AP for less than 6 months when it is actually a much greater amount of time. That was the point of my post.

Apples and oranges, apples and oranges...My point is that I forgave my partner for lying to me the same way you FORGAVE your H for cheating...The similarity: forgiveness. But I guess you chose to overlook that. People can choose to forgive, instead of holding things over the other's head forever and bringing it up when it suits them. Oh, but I forgot you're married, so that's probably a common practice, huh? :rolleyes:

And as for your first point, you again are asserting your own implications. I don't hold my R up as a model. But I do try to help others (OW) realize that they can be treated well and if they aren't that they should leave the R. If you don't value yourself, no one else will value you either.

My point is that I forgave my partner for lying to me the same way you FORGAVE your H for cheating...The similarity: forgiveness.

The difference is that your R started with lies, the foundation was built on lies.;)

Good luck with it though, you just seem to try soooo hard to make sure everyone knows how happy you are.

pelicanpreacher
You like to twist words to support what you say...;)

quote]

You come across as both sassy and arrogant so don't be surprised when people read what you say and UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU'RE COMING FROM!

Lookingforward
The difference is that your R started with lies, the foundation was built on lies.;)

Good luck with it though, you just seem to try soooo hard to make sure everyone knows how happy you are.

Personally, I think GEL, like OWoman just state what IS in their Rs - if you wanna have a hissy fit because they're happy, then that's your problem, not theirs.

pelicanpreacher
Personally, I think GEL, like OWoman just state what IS in their Rs - if you wanna have a hissy fit because they're happy, then that's your problem, not theirs.

Don't get yourself twisted! I don't have a problem with her happiness...I have problem with her attitude!:mad:

Lookingforward
Don't get yourself twisted! I don't have a problem with her happiness...I have problem with her attitude!:mad:

but it wasn't YOUR post I was responding to......... and frankly she doesn't have to answer to anyone for her attitude either imo

pelicanpreacher
but it wasn't YOUR post I was responding to......... and frankly she doesn't have to answer to anyone for her attitude either imo

Then she should'nt complain about a poster's perception of her posts because, in large part, its her vitriol they're responding to!

Lookingforward
Then she should'nt complain about a poster's perception of her posts because, in large part, its her vitriol they're responding to!

Then it IS perception because TBH I see no vitriol dripping from GEL's posts, unlike some of those who attack her - all she's doing is stating her situation which seems to offend some for whatever reason

pelicanpreacher

Again...Whether its my post, her post, or their post it...it doesn't make a difference.

As long as she disrespects others then she can expect to be attacked like a "monkey on a cupcake"! If that doesn't bother her then more power to her but, she'd do well to remember that shes still only one monkey, as are we all, in a jungle full of monkeys so it might be in her best interest to check herself!

Lookingforward

It does make a difference when you respond to my response to someone else as though it was YOUR post I was quoting........

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.;)

No hissy fits here, just stating my opinion and my take on the situation.

That only thing I have a problem with is her "I am so much better than everyone else" attitude.

Thanks for your 2 cents though!:laugh:

Lookingforward
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.;)

No hissy fits here, just stating my opinion and my take on the situation.

That only thing I have a problem with is her "I am so much better than everyone else" attitude.

Thanks for your 2 cents though!:laugh:

as are we all :)

Then it IS perception because TBH I see no vitriol dripping from GEL's posts, unlike some of those who attack her - all she's doing is stating her situation which seems to offend some for whatever reason

What attack? Since when are questions and opinions attacks?:confused:

Thanks for the chuckle!:laugh:

pelicanpreacher

:confused:

It does make a difference when you respond to my response to someone else as though it was YOUR post I was quoting........

???????????????????????!:confused:

Lookingforward
What attack? Since when are questions and opinions attacks?:confused:

Thanks for the chuckle!:laugh:

I don't believe I said YOU attacked her, did I ?

I don't believe I said YOU attacked her, did I ?

Since you were quoting my posts I figured you were referring to me. You could be a little more clear about who you are talking about.;)

JMO, not an attack in any way.

pelicanpreacher
too much to comprehend ?

I didn't mean for my question to allude to a misunderstanding of your post but rather, how you missed the intent of my message?!

Although I responded to your post, the input of your post was only tangential to my objection and response! I think that anyone else reading my posts would find my messages "clear as a bell" but, for whatever reason, you always seem to be off in left field plucking daisies! :rolleyes:

Lookingforward
I didn't mean for my question to allude to a misunderstanding of your post but rather, how you missed the intent of my message?!

Although I responded to your post, the input of your post was only tangential to my objection and response! I think that anyone else reading my posts would find my messages "clear as a bell" but, for whatever reason, you always seem to be off in left field plucking daisies! :rolleyes:

The same way a few of you seem to miss the intent behind MY posts I guess :bunny: fwiw it gets tiresome to have to try to second guess where you're coming from......and if you think I'm off plucking daisies or whatever then choose to not respond....

The fact that you don't see it points to a flaw in your own perception!

Time to renew your optical prescription!:eek::)

Hey I don't see vitriol in GEL's posts either.

Perhaps it may become apparent if it wasn't in such sharp contrast to the tsunami of vitriol in the posts of some others? :confused:

Lookingforward
Hey I don't see vitriol in GEL's posts either.

Perhaps it may become apparent if it wasn't in such sharp contrast to the tsunami of vitriol in the posts of some others? :confused:

or we both need glasses apparently ? :bunny:

I can't believe I've been promised a future that hinges on the DEATH OF A PET. How morbid. How ridiculous.

Here's the really bad news: He's stuffed.