Bought a new Home today The Adventure Begins!

I'll try to get all the pic's up by Tuesday night. All else is well... taking it's time. I wish things were going faster... but if wishes were... well you guys know.

Yes LsD where're the pics!!!!! :p

LSD, are you still arranging the furnitures? Are you OCD like I am!!?

Where are the pictures?! What's happening now?

LSD, are you still arranging the furnitures? Are you OCD like I am!!?

Where are the pictures?! What's happening now?

Maybe the mirror fell off the ceiling as he was photographing it, and broke the camera? :eek:

• Author
LakesideDream

Naw... everything is fine, fine, fine ... (women will understand). I'm back to work which is taking a lot of time at first, but alas.. I was running out of money!

I really like the area. The drawbacks to the move have been heavily outweighed by the positives. House is nice, and yes I will post soe pictures this week.

On the Romance front.. truthfully.. I've been "chicken". Getting used to the new area, working on the house, getting all the stuff together and organized.. have all been fun. Doing the "hi beautiful, here I am" is has me terrified. By way of excuse, I'm rationalizing dragging my feet until I have a little leaway with finances.

I've also taken the advice that one of the most attractive things to the ladies than security. Getting my business back on track, and having the money rolling in. I don't have much experiance on that front, is it true?

Anywho... there's the story. Reality is I'm dragging my feet a little.

whichwayisup

Could it be that it just doesn't feel right anymore and you've had second thoughts?

Glad to hear the house is nice and that you've got some $$ lining your pockets..

• Author
LakesideDream
Could it be that it just doesn't feel right anymore and you've had second thoughts?

Glad to hear the house is nice and that you've got some $$ lining your pockets..

No.. I've had lots of time to think. It's still right.. I'm just suffering from a little chicken behavior.

Lookingforward
No.. I've had lots of time to think. It's still right.. I'm just suffering from a little chicken behavior.

Soon be time to fluff up those tailfeathers and fly

I'm just suffering from a little chicken behavior.

Size isn't EVERYTHING, LsD... :p

• Author
LakesideDream
Size isn't EVERYTHING, LsD... :p

O, that's not it. I've had a lot of time lately to think, not to many distractions other than a few emails, and LS. Hell I didn't have a TV for 6 weeks!

I've been "single" for a very long time. Making a change is scary now. Taking this big a risk emotionally is scary. I want to get this right. Really right. I may never get another chance.

Thus... carefull. Really carefull.

White Flower
Naw... everything is fine, fine, fine ... (women will understand). I'm back to work which is taking a lot of time at first, but alas.. I was running out of money!

I really like the area. The drawbacks to the move have been heavily outweighed by the positives. House is nice, and yes I will post soe pictures this week.

On the Romance front.. truthfully.. I've been "chicken". Getting used to the new area, working on the house, getting all the stuff together and organized.. have all been fun. Doing the "hi beautiful, here I am" is has me terrified. By way of excuse, I'm rationalizing dragging my feet until I have a little leaway with finances.

I've also taken the advice that one of the most attractive things to the ladies than security. Getting my business back on track, and having the money rolling in. I don't have much experiance on that front, is it true?

So true. Security is everything;)

O, that's not it. I've had a lot of time lately to think, not to many distractions other than a few emails, and LS. Hell I didn't have a TV for 6 weeks!

I've been "single" for a very long time. Making a change is scary now. Taking this big a risk emotionally is scary. I want to get this right. Really right. I may never get another chance.

Thus... carefull. Really carefull.

Strength, LsD! We're all rooting for you here! :)

(((((hugs)))))

So true. Security is everything;)

:p:p I think someone spooked LsD earlier on the thread by suggesting... "what if she doesn't like what you've done with your home?" so now LsD has to make sure he's got sufficient $$ to be able to refit the home at the drop of a hat. :p:p

Plus, a guy's gotta eat - he has to keep his strength up for what lies ahead...

White Flower
:p:p I think someone spooked LsD earlier on the thread by suggesting... "what if she doesn't like what you've done with your home?" so now LsD has to make sure he's got sufficient $$ to be able to refit the home at the drop of a hat. :p:p

Plus, a guy's gotta eat - he has to keep his strength up for what lies ahead...

God, I hope it wasn't me who said that to him:confused:. I'm sure LsD's keeping up his strength; you know the military types.;)

I think I was the one who said it. But it wasn't meant to make him freak out, I was just wondering. :confused:

Sorry, Lakeside.

White Flower
I think I was the one who said it. But it wasn't meant to make him freak out, I was just wondering. :confused:

Sorry, Lakeside.

Naw, LsD will be fine.:cool:

Naw, LsD will be fine.:cool:

more than fine, once he's "mission accomplished"...

I'll be honest...I hope that LSD is prepared to deal with rejection.

From what he's described, I don't think she's ready to leave her H for him. And I'm not sure that she's willing to resume a PA with him either.

I think a very likely outcome of this is going to be the end of their communication completely. I think she's had the relationship right where she wanted it, and this escalation is going to remove the barriers that she intended to keep in place. And she ain't gonna be happy about it.

Its all pure speculation on my part, of course. But frankly, my speculation is usually pretty 'on' for this stuff.

I wonder if LSD doesn't suspect the same thing, and that's part of his motivation for not 'busting the bubble' yet?

I think a very likely outcome of this is going to be the end of their communication completely.

If true (and I think, so far, the odds are it might be), I think the risk LsD is taking will end up being better for everyone, ending a triangle of emotional discourse that merely sustained relationships at the cost of nourishing them in a healthy way. In life, someone has to take risks; while LsD's path may not be what others would choose, it's his path. I admire his courage, and I don't speak specifically to the matters at hand. He's shown plenty of examples of it in his life. His example has given me courage to do some things that I didn't have the courage to do before. Hope that portends well for the both of us :)

I wonder if LSD doesn't suspect the same thing, and that's part of his motivation for not 'busting the bubble' yet?

Owl if LsD was going to live his life in fear, he'd never have made that move. What he did took a huge leap of faith, a great slug of courage and a touch of insanity (I mean that as a compliment, LsD) and wimping out at this point - for fear of "not busting the bubble" - would deball his actions. I'm sure he's aware of the risk - I'm sure he's been aware all along - but it's a gamble he was prepared to take and - having taken it thus far, why wuss out at the finish line? He'd have to live with that sense of cowardice - rather than defeat - and that doesn't seem his style.

Correct me if I'm wrong, LsD - I'm happily slandering away here with impunity... :laugh:

NewSunrise

OK. Not up to speed on LD's.

I'm assuming your MW knows you're nearby. Any feeling which way she's leaning? Towards you or she's got both feet cemented in her M?

Your desire to win her heart and the expense you went to do it are commendable worthy of every gentleman that you are, if she were on the same page, she'd be telling her H, "bah-bye" and you both would be off to to Sears picking out refrigerator, washer/dryer, toaster...etc.:laugh:

So wher is she?

NewSunrise

OK. I "think" I'm caught up.:rolleyes: Had to go back several pages. Yep, I was FlyingHigh. Couldn't get back on LS in that former name. Lord knows how! So, had to come up with a new identity....no ID crises, mind you.:)

Glad to hear that your son is doing well!

So, you went off and picked out your own fridge and washer/dryer! Lakeside, that's the best part for any woman to do! Going to Sears and picking them out while the our guy signs on the dotted line!! You crazy?:laugh:

Maybe I lost out on a few back story pages. Read the part about the MW's H knowing you/of you, you all from med size town, and he may not exit the M possibly without some form of civil combat for the W.

I am somewhat surprised however that you were willing to uproot your life WITHOUT some reading from her of her willingness to leave her H for you. Pages back, you've indicated that this subject doesn't come up unless you initiate it. I don't know Lakeside. Anymore info on which way she's leaning towards?

On the other hand, obviously this was something you had to. Who knows, maybe you might actually like the town and WILL find that woman there unknowingly in the end as a result in your pursuit of this MW. And whoever she will be, you can at least tell her YOU were the one who picked out the fridge and the washer/dryer....:)

• Author
LakesideDream
Owl if LsD was going to live his life in fear, he'd never have made that move. What he did took a huge leap of faith, a great slug of courage and a touch of insanity (I mean that as a compliment, LsD) and wimping out at this point - for fear of "not busting the bubble" - would deball his actions. I'm sure he's aware of the risk - I'm sure he's been aware all along - but it's a gamble he was prepared to take and - having taken it thus far, why wuss out at the finish line? He'd have to live with that sense of cowardice - rather than defeat - and that doesn't seem his style.

Correct me if I'm wrong, LsD - I'm happily slandering away here with impunity... :laugh:

You are not wrong OWoman. I've waited a long time, and frankly, the situation that made this move possible came so fast that I became much ore involved with the logistics and planning for the physical move, than anything on the emotional side. Thankfully I got it all "physically done" in a very short period of time.. Feb. 10 until a week or two ago.

Emotionally, I have some catching up to do.

Additionally, I'm just about broke, thus returning to work. From both experiance, and advice from a couple of women I trust I realize now that there is nothing less attractive, or more frightening to a woman than a man who's broke, or worse who isn't earning a living. I'm fixing that now. I'd hate to "show up" hat in hand.. full of excuses about how expensive the house, furniture, appliances, blah blah.. was. I'd rather be back in a position where I have positive cash flow. Woulda and coulda.. are just talk, we all know how cheap that is. Both of "us" are only 8-10 years from retirement. I have to be able to hold my own, both for my ego and her (or any womans) peace of mind. (BTW, her H is almost totally unemployed).

I love the new "town" (calls itself a city.. huh) I haven't found any negetives at all in the two months I've actually been here. People are wonderful and it's big enough to have everything a person needs or wants. I love the house too. I'll lie it ore when it becoes a home. Regardless of what happens emotionally. I will love living here.

Work for the last two weeks, (first two also) has been fine, and will pick up at breakneck speed. Barring a "chance encounter" (which is in the hands of fate), I'll be back on my feet, and hopefully "ready to go" soon. There really is no hurry. I don't want to "bust a move" until my ego is in decent shape.

Thanks for all the support!

NewSunrise
Both of "us" are only 8-10 years from retirement. I have to be able to hold my own, both for my ego and her (or any womans) peace of mind. (BTW, her H is almost totally unemployed).

What is she bringing to the table? Are both your expectations the same as far as YOU assuming the role as sole provider albeit 8-10 years prior to retirement? Assuming she leaves her H, what's the worse case scenario financially for her and for both of you should her H want to get even? Can't remember if she lives in a fault or no fault state.

Only you know her well enough to know if she'll take and love you no matter what and how much you have, asset wise that would want her to leave her H. Though I'm not most women (not one to depend on a guy financially:rolleyes:) I'm concerned that although her H is nearly unemployed may not be enough for her to jump over to your camp site. Though there are women out there who want men to "take care of them" as there are men willing and gladly willing, I hope your relationship is not one in which you keep giving and giving in order to appease her at whatever expense in order to win her over. Just be careful. Women like these (not implying your MW is) are never happy to begin with. And no matter what people do and give will never be enough. Your generousity and accomodation are perceived as nothing more than a weakness and an opportunity to take more.

So, hopefully you'll be able to decipher the two apart.

Can't remember if she lives in a fault or no fault state.

Depends on when/where they got married. Domicile state (where they currently live) can be covenant or no-fault, depending on when couple was married (likely long ago), their choice (if applicable) and what laws and jurisdiction have relevance. LsD's reservations about the H lead me to believe that the H can make things difficult for the W if she chooses to leave. Don't know if that is psychological or legal or both.