Bought a new Home today The Adventure Begins!

White Flower
You really gotta get your act together dude.

E..H

I think you're doing a fine job, LsD.;)

Event Horizon
I think you're doing a fine job, LsD.;)
And my point is made...

If he actually manages to start something back up with this MARRIED woman she is going to be looking for some excitement and a domesticated home, it seems to me, is what she already HAS. Offer her something different than she's already used to. When she feels her liver vibrate from the bass of that sub she's gonna think "what else can this guy show me I've been missing."

It's also a known fact that bass waves cause the release of small amounts of endorphines by the brain. That's good for LSD, and it's good for the woman he's trying to woo.

A nice home theater also screams money which, when it comes to women, can never hurt.

E..H

• Author
LakesideDream
You really gotta get your act together dude. All this nest building is not what women want. If you want this married chick then go for it, but please stop with the interior decorators, etc.. You gotta regrow your balls.

You can impress the women here all you want with your cute domestic nest building ways but that isn't going to help you get what you want.

Women want a strong man and nest building doesn't fall into that category. Women here will disagree but they don't count. They are just being entertained. If you haven't already you need to make some male friends where you live now, quit acting feminine, and go for what you want.

Jesus, if she ever does come over you don't want the place looking all domesticated. It's not masculine and for christ's sake you are a single male, not a pussywhipped attached woos forced to domesticate his pad.

My first piece of advice would be to spend more money on the HDTV, etc.. I spent $20,000 on my home theater and it drips with testosterone. This is what any normal single male would want. Here is a site that will set you right...is 90% male, and will help you REALLY build a "guy's" pad:

www.avsforum.com

I'm talking Blu-Ray, REALLY nice speakers, seperate processor, amp, and a subwoofer that costs at least a grand...the whole nine yards. Dump the LCD and get a plasma..they have better picture quality. Pioneer Kuro Elite is No. 1.

This is the mecca of home theater sites. Build yourself a nice home system. Something you can bring her over to show off and not look like a feminine wimp. Plus, you'll enjoy the hell out of it.

E..H

EH, Ah... I appreciate the time you spend on your comment. I don't have the same priorities you do though. I've been there done that with Stereo/HiFi in ways you probably couldn't dream of. I owned and ran a high end HiFi store and am a EE.

To me T.V. is just T.V. Ditto for the Audio, the Polks in the picture are just fine, and there are better stored in the garage.

I still produce adaquate enough amounts of testosterone, I don't have the need for chemicals, automobiles, or "home theaters" to enhance my testosterone levels. Frankly if my testosterone levels were any higher it would become physically painful.

I want to be comfortable. I'm not 25 or 30 years old anymore. I spend more time, in the kitchen than the living room anyway.. and enjoy it more. Ditto the bedroom.

I wouldn't trade my comfort for "dripping" testosterone in any case. And, I certainly wouldn't spend 20k on a stereo system, I'd either pay off my debts, or buy a rental house!

Have fun, enjoy your life, work hard and live the life of your dreams. And be aware that there are folks who don't need testosterone enhancement.

Event Horizon

Have fun, enjoy your life, work hard and live the life of your dreams. And be aware that there are folks who don't need testosterone enhancement.

I know your priority, attaining the married woman. I gave you some help, I didn't think you'd listen. If you think this woman is gonna want to jump from one domestic situation right into another, well, you got another thing coming.

And you can play the tough guy all you want, but your posts in this thread say otherwise. If the testosterone were really flowing you'd have done something by now besides nestbuild. You're a guy, you know better, and you know what I'm talking about.

I'm actually rooting for you, how could I not being a member here, but I don't see you succeeding going down the path you are.

Just for the record I think you should go for a good single woman. I needed to add that for others who read later down the line, but I wish you luck anyway.

E..H

Ever hear of time delay, like in sound processing? Don't think that everything LsD posts here is contemporaneous. For all we know, his MW might be with him right now ;)

Event Horizon
Ever hear of time delay, like in sound processing? Don't think that everything LsD posts here is contemporaneous. For all we know, his MW might be with him right now ;)
So why is he posting about his decorating ability rather than her? This is loveshack after all, not the Better Homes and Gardens online forum.

If he has made progress I'd think he'd owe it to the forum to stop posting or tell us about it. It would be nice to hear about some progress rather than all this nestbuilding stuff.

Ordinarily I guess I'd be rooting against him here, but given his age and hangup on this woman I think it best for him this works out. I'd hate to see him more bitter than he was before he told the forum about this woman.

E..H

We all share things in our own time. The fact that LsD was "bitter" (by your report) in the past (long before I was here) tells me a quantum change in his perspective has taken place during the interim. Regardless of the details, it is apparently a LS success story.

Hey, I've got an idea. Put up some pix of your bachelor pad and let the ladies have a go at you :D

Event Horizon
We all share things in our own time. The fact that LsD was "bitter" (by your report) in the past (long before I was here) tells me a quantum change in his perspective has taken place during the interim. Regardless of the details, it is apparently a LS success story.

Hey, I've got an idea. Put up some pix of your bachelor pad and let the ladies have a go at you :D

They would have a go since I didn't build it for a woman and what she would think. I have just reaped the occassional benefits.

He's stated on numerous occassions that what he's doing is to try and make it perfect for when he approaches her...and it isn't at all what she's gonna be looking for, IMO. A woman will find that unattractive.

You know, a girlFRIEND of mine called and I described this situation(no specifics as I don't even want her reading my posts) but you know what she said? "Sounds like he doesn't need a woman, he needs a live in man" .

That was her honest quick opinion of a man nest building the way he is. Maybe her and I are wrong and you guys are right but she reinforced my opinion of this whole thing.

A married woman willing to stray is gonna want more than a domesticated "man" and home. She has that. Probably bored to death and the fear of the unknown will keep her in the domestic situation she already has.

He might still get laid, but she isn't going to be with him and only him. And I know what that will do to LSD in the long run. If he truly wants her having sex with him and going home to her husband everytime after, then he's doing fine.

E..H

You really think his MW might be there with him now? Shoot, he would have posted about that by now.

So what IS the deal with MW? Have you spilled the beans to her yet that you have moved to her town, bought a house, and are hoping to lure her from her marriage to your bed? Personally, if I were married and my out-of-town lover moved to where I was without telling me, I would be TICKED. And a bit skert, too! LOL!

I have to agree a tiny bit with Event Horizon, but mostly not.

I don't think at LsD's age, he needs expensive (big) electronics to impress his woman. I do, however, still believe their is a difference btwn a house that is ok with one that is put together. It does not have to be feminine at all. My husband and I are separating, I told him under no circumstances is he to buy a flower lamp like he did many years ago when we were separated. I told him that no woman is going to walk in and think, "Wow, look at that pretty or cute lamp, boy am I lucky to be with someone who has picked such a feminine lamp". I do think he is picking guy kind of furniture, doing well, in fact". I questioned the Rockwell pics, but if he did him, because he likes them, then good for him.

I would suggest a different fan/light. I think it is too feminine for a man's place. But if he likes, he should keep.

Some things do seem a little feminine in the way they have been announced. Almost like he is trying to impress us woman, by showing what a great guy he is and being different than most guys, who would be happy with a card table and chairs. But I can understand the fun it is in buying a new place and making it yours. Esp. being able to do it for the first time in his life.

He is wanting a relationship, not one night stands. So the whole huge entertainment center philosophy sounds like a bachelor pad, who isn't as interested in a wonderful relationship with a future. Just a piece of a$$.

The fact that he likes to spend time in the kitchen, sounds great. A definite plus.

Of course, we don't know about this woman. She may very well be miserable and would be happy to be with LsD more than anything. His owning the house would be a wonderful comfort for her. Knowing that if she left her husband, she has a place with a man she truly loves.

Good Luck, LsD.

• Author
LakesideDream

Just for the record:

They would have a go since I didn't build it for a woman and what she would think. I have just reaped the occassional benefits.

He's stated on numerous occassions that what he's doing is to try and make it perfect for when he approaches her...and it isn't at all what she's gonna be looking for, IMO. A woman will find that unattractive.

Lack of Reading Comprehension there EH, I have always stated that what I was doing with the house I was doing for me. I have stated 100 times in this thread that I had never before had a chance to put a house together to live in the way I wanted to. I stated this as recently as fifteen posts ago.

I have known since making the decision to move at the first of the year that the house was going to be for me, what I wanted. And presentable to anyone who might visit.

You know, a girlFRIEND of mine called and I described this situation(no specifics as I don't even want her reading my posts) but you know what she said? "Sounds like he doesn't need a woman, he needs a live in man"

Not sure what that means, sounds a little weird to me.

That was her honest quick opinion of a man nest building the way he is. Maybe her and I are wrong and you guys are right but she reinforced my opinion of this whole thing.

A married woman willing to stray is gonna want more than a domesticated "man" and home. She has that. Probably bored to death and the fear of the unknown will keep her in the domestic situation she already has.

I'm chuckling EH. Domesticated man? I'm been called a lot of things in my life, domesticated isn't one of them. Referrals on request!

He might still get laid, but she isn't going to be with him and only him. And I know what that will do to LSD in the long run. If he truly wants her having sex with him and going home to her husband everytime after, then he's doing fine.

Amazing that you not only give advice on electronic's and "manliness", and... you are able to predict the future as well. I don't mind that you are trying say, I just wonder why you are taking the time to bother at all.

E..H

EH, There is a big wide community here. It's obvious that posters get something out of posting here. This thread has been going on as long as you have been a registered member. I have enjoyed sharing "stuff" and opinions with many people here on LS. It's usually a lot of fun, and I've benifited in ways to many to list on this post. It's your absolute right to post anything you want to. You opinion is as valuable as mine. I responded to your post explaining my opinion, thanking you for yours. What's the point in making your posts personal?

I'm a lot closer to my life goals now than I was at the beginning of this year. LS has been a big part of the process. It's been a place to rant, vent, ask for advice, and respond. I'm a lot better man for posting here.

I am currently very happy. I hope the future holds more happiness. Finding it is my responsibility. Until I do or don't find it, I will be living pretty dang comfortably.

This will probably push you over the edge.. I'm looking for some bachlor friendly, indoor plants to make the place more comfortable... FOR ME.

Just for the record:

EH, There is a big wide community here. It's obvious that posters get something out of posting here. This thread has been going on as long as you have been a registered member. I have enjoyed sharing "stuff" and opinions with many people here on LS. It's usually a lot of fun, and I've benifited in ways to many to list on this post. It's your absolute right to post anything you want to. You opinion is as valuable as mine. I responded to your post explaining my opinion, thanking you for yours. What's the point in making your posts personal?

I'm a lot closer to my life goals now than I was at the beginning of this year. LS has been a big part of the process. It's been a place to rant, vent, ask for advice, and respond. I'm a lot better man for posting here.

I am currently very happy. I hope the future holds more happiness. Finding it is my responsibility. Until I do or don't find it, I will be living pretty dang comfortably.

This will probably push you over the edge.. I'm looking for some bachlor friendly, indoor plants to make the place more comfortable... FOR ME.

You go, LSD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Event Horizon

Must have hit a nerve what with all the bold type.

Let me rephrase then: I don't believe you when you say this house is all about you.

For christ's sake, you only moved to this particular town because of HER.

You're worried about your finances and want to improve them before contacting HER.

But I'm supposed to believe this decorating isn't for HER? I think not.

Almost everything you do when awake is for the eventual contact you make announcing your presence in her town. Moving your whole life to a married woman's town with the intent of wooing her has that effect.

You can deny it(even to yourself), but it's the truth...I've read enough of your posts.

E..H

GreenEyedLady
So why is he posting about his decorating ability rather than her? This is loveshack after all, not the Better Homes and Gardens online forum.

E..H

You're very rude. If you don't want to read about his home, skip this thread.

• Author
LakesideDream

Another thing I need to say again on this thread. I've made many, many decisions in my life. The decisions made with patience were the most successful. Most of them turned out OK.

The decisions I made with to much haste, were less successful overall.

Moving here, was a decision made in haste due to a unique set of financial circumstances. While it was my intention to make this move for six plus years, it hadn't been possible. When it became possible, I took the leap.

The decision of what house, how to set it up, furnish it, provide for maintance were made with more deliberation. I'm satasfied with them so far.

I'm not going to rush the decision of when to contact my friend, and announce my move until I am comfortable with doing it. Patience is something learned. I no longer need the instant gratification of "getting my way" instantly. I don't have to win ever argument, or get the last word either. I believe that's a function of experiance. The day will come in the not to far future when I do "come out". It won't be tonight though.

GreenEyedLady
Let me rephrase then: I don't believe you when you say this house is all about you.

E..H

I'm sorry, but I fail to see where what you BELIEVE even matters?

melodymatters
Must have hit a nerve what with all the bold type.

For christ's sake, you only moved to this particular town because of HER.

You're worried about your finances and want to improve them before contacting HER.

Almost everything you do when awake is for the eventual contact you make announcing your presence in her town. Moving your whole life to a married woman's town with the intent of wooing her has that effect.

You can deny it(even to yourself), but it's the truth...I've read enough of your posts.

E..H

Even if you're right about his motivations, what is YOUR point in coming on to HIS thread and picking a fight ? It's like walking into a neighborhood bar and spitting on one of the regulars. You're in the wrong joint, Jack.

Event Horizon
I'm sorry, but I fail to see where what you BELIEVE even matters?
Right back at you babe.:)

It's my opinion based on his posts. And like LSD said, I have every right to post. I'm not attacking anyone. Just trying to give him some advice. His choice to take it or not.

IMO, he'll have a more healthy attitude and one she'll pick up on if he takes the advice, but I in no way posted it expecting he would listen. Just hoping.:)

E..H

Event Horizon
Even if you're right about his motivations, what is YOUR point in coming on to HIS thread and picking a fight ? It's like walking into a neighborhood bar and spitting on one of the regulars. You're in the wrong joint, Jack.
It's your opinion that I picked a fight. I don't feel as if I'm fighting with anyone. Sorry if I gave advice that isn't popular with this group. Not really...I don't apologize for my opinions.

If you want to know my point re-read the posts. It's clear. Repeating it WOULD border on attacking him.

And I think I'm in the right joint, Jill.

E..H

melodymatters

I'm not going to demean LSD's thread by getting into a pissing contest with you, but you remember who broke his crown, when he came tumbling down, don't you ? :cool:

I think there's a place called so suave or something for insecure men who get off on calling other men p*ssies. I don't really GET this new " mens movement" but at least these morons are attacking each other this time around, instead of calling all woman whores, and burning witches.

EH you did sound very much like you were picking a fight, attacking character. People will always be defensive.

LSD--Have you actually seen her and she didn't know about it? I can't imagine that you aren't doing it. Of course if you have, some will call it stalking.

Is she going to be ok with you keeping this from her for so long?

Event Horizon
EH you did sound very much like you were picking a fight, attacking character. People will always be offensive.

LSD--Have you actually seen her and she didn't know about it? I can't imagine that you aren't doing it. Of course if you have, some will call it stalking.

Is she going to be ok with you keeping this from her for so long?

Well you seem more reasonable so If you say I attacked, maybe it came across that way. If so, I apologize. However, I'm just giving my own style of advice and he can take it, or more probably, leave it. I'll admit I was trying to talk to him man to man and I knew some females would take it certain ways.

As to the suave site, or whatever, I was here for that whole flamefest and had no part. I picked this site because it's the best relationship type site I've found. And for the record, I lurked here long before I joined. I'll admit it's not fair that I know most of you better than you know me but I never planned on joining so ...it's the way it worked out.

E..H

EH, I gotta say that all your testosterone posts were among the most lunkheaded ones I've seen on this site since I've joined. Working to build a comfortable , esthetically pleasing home that reflects your goals, achievements and spirt is hardly a gender specific endeavour. Some day you'll grow out of your home stereo/theatre system being the centre of your universe - we all do.

I think it's great that LD is enjoying this phase of his life and these specific pursuits. There is not one thing that is unmanly or unattractive about it. In fact if a person I was romantically interested was conducting himself in such a manner I'd find it a huge intellectual turn on.

PS I owe you some decorating advice LS! It will be forthcoming soon...:)

Event Horizon
EH, I gotta say that all your testosterone posts were among the most lunkheaded ones I've seen on this site since I've joined.
IMO, that's only because this thread has been dripping with estrogen. I little testosterone can be a shock to the system.

Let's get one thing clear: Over time, I've grown to care as much about how this ends as any of you. We've all read the same posts and become somewhat invested. To act like you care more than I, well, I could say I feel you all are sitting by and watching him go down the toilet.

I believe what I wrote to be helpful. Maybe it's not. But until this episode is all said and done, no one can claim they have given the best advice.

If memory serves, LSD is 58. How I wish he'd meet a wonderful single woman who'd make him forget the married one. Only because I fear the pain he may well have to face. I wouldn't wish it on ANYONE. Most of you know damn well what I'm talking about.

But he's set on this course, so I hope he gets her.

E..H

If memory serves, LSD is 58. How I wish he'd meet a wonderful single woman who'd make him forget the married one.

He will, if he needs to. I believe he's in a process that is preparing him for any eventuality.