Hi, this is my first post!

Ok, so let me know if I've got this right...advice not sought, so shouldn't be given. Is this how this thread should have gone instead:

You go, girl!

Way, to go Lizzie!

Good for you for sleeping with other men's husbands.

Why should YOU care about their wives? After all you don't even KNOW them.

Hey, Lizzie I admire anyone who lives by their own rules. Screw everyone else.

So, is that how this thread is supposed to go?

Got it now.

on this one... so if you can restrain from posting to me... every body will be happy... because to be honest with you.. you're both totally wasting your time if you're trying to 'reform' me... LOL

I have never tried to "reform" you. I have always said that it's your life, do what you want. Please find one post from me that tells you how to live your life. I will post when I want and if you don't want to read it then don't.

On the other hand TBF is trying to help Lizzie and all she gets are insults. If Lizzie started this post to tell the world she is happy doing what she is doing, then she has done that. But, she continues to try and convince everyone that she looks great and has a great life, and some of us just plain disagree with the lifestyle. Just our opinion nothing more.

So what? So what if she looks great and feels like she has a great life!?!

Fine you may not believe it or even undertand it but it doesn't mean it can't work for her.

Trying to "help" Lizzie? Again my understanding of helping another human being is that they must be open to help, therefore there must be a problem to fix. There is NO problem to fix here so what exactly is TBF trying to do, other than to vent her personal hateful moral views? Which are going unheard here and falling on deaf ears?

I suppose there is no accounting for what amuses people. I'll give her that much, posting in this thread "amuses" TBF, but save the good samaritan crap about trying to "help" The woman who started this thread is HAPPY living her life as she is. At least that's what I see.

There is no problem so why look for one? If you can't accept that it's your problem not really hers.

There are plenty of threads with people actually "asking for help" I don't see anyone asking for help here...do you?

Trialbyfire
but save the good samaritan crap about trying to "help" The woman who started this thread is HAPPY living her life as she is. At least that's what I see.

One person's happiness does not negate the potential pain of hundreds, maybe thousands. It's that simple TC.

So what? So what if she looks great and feels like she has a great life!?!

Fine you may not believe it or even undertand it but it doesn't mean it can't work for her.

Trying to "help" Lizzie? Again my understanding of helping another human being is that they must be open to help, therefore there must be a problem to fix. There is NO problem to fix here so what exactly is TBF trying to do, other than to vent her personal hateful moral views? Which are going unheard here and falling on deaf ears?

I suppose there is no accounting for what amuses people. I'll give her that much, posting in this thread "amuses" TBF, but save the good samaritan crap about trying to "help" The woman who started this thread is HAPPY living her life as she is. At least that's what I see.

There is no problem so why look for one? If you can't accept that it's your problem not really hers.

There are plenty of threads with people actually "asking for help" I don't see anyone asking for help here...do you?

TBF has every right to say anything she wants. As much right as Lizzie has to live her life the way she does. It seems that you have a problem with the free speech that is on this thread. Why do you read it if it bothers you so much?

No one can change Lizzie, and you can't keep TBF or anyone from posting their opinion.

And that would be your opinion. In using your own logic, I did not ask for your advice or opinion, therefore you cannot provide it to me.

I'm not giving you advice, never did. We can argue a point but I am not giving you any advice.

HERZEN:

Sorry, I quoted your post by mistake. I wanted to quote TBF's 'tough love" post. I caught my mistake immediately, but I wasn't permitted to edit for some bizarre reason.

That's what happens when one posts in the middle of work

I sort of figured but it's easy to misinterpret things on here... ;-)

I am at work also and doing some skipit-y posting myself LOL

TBF has every right to say anything she wants. As much right as Lizzie has to live her life the way she does. It seems that you have a problem with the free speech that is on this thread. Why do you read it if it bothers you so much?

No one can change Lizzie, and you can't keep TBF or anyone from posting their opinion.

Free speech is fine, what I actually have a real problem with is when someone starts calling another poster names like ULGY and so on for no reason at all...

I think you owe her an apology. That was totally out of line. If you have any class at all you will apologize for crossing the line. There was no need for that at all.

One person's happiness does not negate the potential pain of hundreds, maybe thousands. It's that simple TC.

Well it makes you happy to put down and attack OW so does that negate the potential pain of said people?

Trialbyfire
Well it makes you happy to put down and attack OW so does that negate the potential pain of said people?

You see it as an attack, I see it as tough love. Sometimes people need to understand the amount of misery they have the potential to cause and their own deep-seeded (yes, the change in phrase is deliberate) needs, before they are capable of rising above this type of damaged behaviour.

Other Women Who Wish To Be Reformed

You joke about this, but there are many OW on this forum that don't like being in the situation that they are in. Many come here for help on how to get out of the relationship. There have been many situations where OW and BW help each other. Not on this thread, but many OW here are not happy being the OW and would like nothing more than to end the pain.

TogetherForever
You joke about this, but there are many OW on this forum that don't like being in the situation that they are in. Many come here for help on how to get out of the relationship. There have been many situations where OW and BW help each other. Not on this thread, but many OW here are not happy being the OW and would like nothing more than to end the pain.

Well then please go help the ow that want to get out of the relationship they are in & leave the others to post about their happiness.

You see it as an attack, I see it as tough love. Sometimes people need to understand the amount of misery they have the potential to cause and their own deep-seeded (yes, the change in phrase is deliberate) needs, before they are capable of rising above this type of damaged behaviour.

Well perhaps you might consider saving "tough love" or bitter hate from your own uresolved peronal issues (as I like to call it) when a person is actually open to advice, open to change and different points of views because they are unsure of what they are doing, they feel their situation has become a problem and actually want to fix it. In my opinion when a person starts spewing "tough love" in the form of unsolicited advice to someone who is not posting about a problem, they look very insecure to me. They look unhappy within and like they have more problems than the person they are supposedly trying to "help"

That's my opinion.

Trialbyfire
Well then please go help the ow that want to get out of the relationship they are in & leave the others to post about their happiness.

This type of happiness is on the backs of potentially thousands of innocent victims. Is this type of behaviour then condoneable? Is one person's happiness more important than thousands of other people? Is this a healthy attitude?

Free speech is fine, what I actually have a real problem with is when someone starts calling another poster names like ULGY and so on for no reason at all...

I think you owe her an apology. That was totally out of line. If you have any class at all you will apologize for crossing the line. There was no need for that at all.

That is my opinion and it has nothing to do with how she looks.

BTW, there is another post saying the same thing. I will be happy to find it if you would like. I'm certainly not the only one that has that opinion, I just haven't been here in a few days, so I'm a little late.

EXACTLY! Funny how those two are the last to see it...

Trialbyfire
Well perhaps you might consider saving "tough love" or bitter hate from your own uresolved peronal issues (as I like to call it) when a person is actually open to advice, open to change and different points of views because they are unsure of what they are doing, they feel their situation has become a problem and actually want to fix it. In my opinion when a person starts spewing "tough love" in the form of unsolicited advice to someone who is not posting about a problem, they look very insecure to me. They look unhappy within and like they have more problems than the person they are supposedly trying to "help"

That's my opinion.

Sorry, based on your previous logic, you don't have the right to give me your opinion because it's unsolicited advice and opinion.

If "tough love", as embodied in Post 596 and elsewhere in this long, lamented Thread (I never should have posted about the damn pics) becomes the norm, then the mods ought to shred the "Civility and Respect" guidelines. Then it's open season on anyone who unapologetically offends community norms.

If that occurs, there will be a huge chill in the air and the "ugly" folks will become disinclined to post. No one wants to be called ugly. Dissenting voices will be silenced and only the virtuous and goodly godly people will post, here.

LS will become a forum by, and for, the virtuous.

Once again, I'm told to leave. Why? Because you don't like what I have to say.

That is my opinion and it has nothing to do with how she looks.

BTW, there is another post saying the same thing. I will be happy to find it if you would like. I'm certainly not the only one that has that opinion, I just haven't been here in a few days, so I'm a little late.

Who cares about the other post, you owe her an apology for your inapropriate comment to her. Calling someone ugly is inapropriate.

For the record I don't personally agree with Lizzie's way of life but I don't judge her at all, and in fact I've read some of the advice she has given OW in need and she tells it like it is shares positive insight to help these women make better choices and not ONCE do I see the old "tough love" bullsh#$ aproach, and yet her advice is BANG ON and fair!

Sorry "ladies" but your "tough love" is just another name for your own unresolved issues and hate. Go practice your tough love on people you ACTUALLY love, see if they are receptive to your tough love and help. Strangers won't respond in the same manner because there is one very important thing missing from the equation between you and a stranger "LOVE" So save it with your excuses for your use of "tough love"

Trialbyfire
If "tough love", as embodied in Post 596 and elsewhere in this long, lamented Thread (I never should have posted about the damn pics) becomes the norm, then the mods ought to shred the "Civility and Respect" guidelines. Then it's open season on anyone who unapologetically offends community norms.

If that occurs, there will be a huge chill in the air and the "ugly" folks will become disinclined to post. No one wants to be called ugly. Dissenting voices will be silenced and only the virtuous and goodly godly people will post, here.

LS will become a forum by, and for, the virtuous.

Refer to post #634, for an extreme example of uncivility...

TogetherForever
Once again, I'm told to leave. Why? Because you don't like what I have to say.

I didn't ask or tell you to leave here. What right do I have to do that?

I only suggested that some of the posters might help more with the ow that want out of the affair.

Just like I would help someone who wanted out.

And no, I might not like what you have to say & vice versa.

We have the option to take it or leave it.

I just wish the bickering would stop.

Who cares about the other post, you owe her an apology for your inapropriate comment to her. Calling someone ugly is inapropriate.

Hey TC look at your post #103. You even question if Lizzie was "real".

"Even if this thread is real, which I doubt it is, she is really doing herself a diservice, never mind everyone else involved. Women who try to cheat nature are only cheating themselves, isn't that a big enough price to pay? The pain and suffering inflicted onto oneself? Pretty ironic if you ask me.

Life has a way of working itself out despite all the accusations people from the outside may feel compelled to ignite"

But, she continues to try and convince everyone that she looks great and has a great life, and some of us just plain disagree with the lifestyle. Just our opinion nothing more.

Why is so hard for you to believe that she can't look great at her age? Disagree all you want -- you are entitled to your opinion but 'ya know.... there are lots of middle aged women and men that look great. It really is none your business as to what lifestyle they choose to lead.

Trialbyfire
Why is so hard for you to believe that she can't look great at her age? Disagree all you want -- you are entitled to your opinion but 'ya know.... there are lots of middle aged women and men that look great. It really is none your business as to what lifestyle they choose to lead.

Since she chose to post about it, she has made it the business of the members of LS. Should only a select few be "allowed" to give opinion?