Sufferings is result of our sins?

Sunday is not the Sabbath.

Sunday is the day that was set aside to worship a pagan god.

T,

That would fall under ignorance; I’m certain God will not hold the ignorant accountable for worshipping on the wrong day. The Holy Spirit goes to Church on Sundays with the ignorant and many get saved.

Some sin is not unto death…

1 John 5: 17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death."

God Bless*

I've seen to many posts of yours, where god is always your chose of answer. Not saying I don't believe in god my self. But you choose the book instead of thinking freely and logically....about things.

Things happen to EVERYONE regardless of your beliefs...

We can repent in the name of GOOD, and strive to be holy for those we love and those who love and rely upon us.

I agree NJ

Life … its like the tower of Babble.

We have to find our way through the maze.

Its Babel.

I doubt that your God would find your attitude appropriate or in His Spirit. You use your Holy Spirit to try to beat others down who do not believe your way.

Again, with you NJ

But I must say it is nice to see you speaking from your mind and your heart instead of quoting scriptures from the bible.

It brings you down to earth a little bit and people may relate to it much better then the other.

I agree with this too- Lovehurts it is refreshing to read your less scripture laden posts.

Why must I believe the Bible story of Jesus - written by men - in order to have a spiritual faith in the value of good and of love.

I have been trying to say this for ages too NJ, apparently it doesn't cut the mustard... so you and I are "doomed"

Not being critical at all to you. But what makes you so sure of gods spiritual existence. Inspire me I would love to have more hope

I always believe and feel god. But than some other jack butt comes along with a very intellectual theory on how god doesn't exist

Damn those intellectuals! Their arguments are VERY convincing, and by modern standards the best arguments are FOR the NONexistance of god.

None of the arguments for the existence of god even come close.

Self-righteousness lead to death. "

yes, but we are all dying LB...

Yeah, see, that part doesn't concern me. I'm not spiritual to the point of needing to believe in an afterlife. God's kingdom, as far as I'm concerned, is here, now, and I am responsible for doing my best here, now.

Exactly! Life is too short, esp when we have no guarantees about any kind of afterlife.

I really like that god was just kidding about some of the commandments and You get to pick the ones he was kidding about and discount the others..

burning 4 revenge
I really like that god was just kidding about some of the commandments and You get to pick the ones he was kidding about and discount the others..
Jesus may have done that actually.

Mark 10 hints that Jesus may have not been very familiar with Mosaic Law.

Did you know that the Galileeans had only been Jews for about one hundred years prior to the birth of Jesus. They had been forcibly converted during the reign of the Hasmonean king John Hyrcanus.

I just found that out, but it's certainly something to ponder.

Millions upon Millions of Christians have and do worship on Sunday. Do we throw them in Hell because it was the wrong day to get saved or pay homage to God?

Some sins are graver than others. This would not be a sin to the death.

I think LB that you should stop using Hitler as an example of someone that considered themselves a good person. We have talked or mentioned this before that he was insain.

One can consider themselves a good person without loosing themselves in the process. Or better yet then they can decide to do good things for others and not just themselves, now please don't tell me there is anything wrong with doing good deeds and not expecting anything in return.

And if someone has a relationship and a bond that grows stronger because of the support of another person then what is wrong with that.

I just do not get it... Does god want you to just read the bible and not live your life as a good person?

Human beings and all creatures are intricate and there is more to living life then God, he may be a source and a core for many many people.

How are you living your life so perfectly without sin... it is not possible.

reguardless if you read and are born again or not.

Who are you as a person.

Do you eat red meat, Do you recycle? Do you smoke, Do you drink? Do you wear fur? This is just some of the things that I would like to know, not saying you will share, however, there is more to life then being a Christian in your sense of the word.

If I had to be as you are I would definately feel smothered, What works for one person does not work for another. God accepts all religions not just yours, also he accepts spirtuality as well.

Also I would like to add that you seem to flourish as long as like minded is in play.

Now lets see Jesus is from Galilee, yet he is of the house of David? How could that be? If as you say he was Galilean and The Galilians were forced to convert only 100 years or so before the birth of Christ. That would not fit with the scriptures. Of course Joesph could have immigrated to Galilee from Bethlehem. Why would he do that and why wouldn't the Gospels say anything about that?

Joesph and Mary then have to go back to Bethlehem for a Roman census. Funny how the Romans who were very good record keeper never talk about this type of census ever taking place. Neither is there any recording of the Slaughter of the Innocents. That would be another major event of the time that was never recorded outside the 4 Gospels.

So Now we have another problem with the Gospels.

The waters are getting even more murky. The Passion can't be as it is told in the gospels

Now Jesus may not have even been of the House of David.

burning 4 revenge

It seems more sensible to think that Jesus came from Galilee. The synoptics state this cleary and yet they are the same ones making the Davidic claim. Some scholars have speculated that Jesus came from Judea from an aristocratic family with ties to the Davidic line, but I'm not convinced. I can't think of any reason to tie Jesus to Galilee other than he must have come from there.

hahahaa.. GREAT point topper.. sums up the whole bible really.

Millions upon Millions of Christians have and do worship on Sunday. Do we throw them in Hell because it was the wrong day to get saved or pay homage to God?

So now we have an example of "selective" sinning...

Pris- that was me who referred to Hitler. I will use another example.

Dan Lafferty murdered his niece and his sister in law, he was jailed for life.

He insists God told him to do it as they were interfering with the "true" faith, so while he was jailed by men, he thinks he is still exonerated by god.

????? What is the TRUE faith? There are so many contradictions... people believe so many different things? Its exhausting. Better to not believe at all IMO, much less heartache. Youcan still distinguish right from wrong if you are a nonbeliever.

So now we have an example of "selective" sinning...

Selective sinning is not a good suggestion.

However we are all sinners.

Sometimes we sin and are unaware of our sin.

Its why we should pray and ask for forgiveness of our sins of omission and commission.

We are all sinners saved by grace and if we broke commandment we broke them all.

As for weighing of sin, please consider: 1 Jn 5:16-17:

What would be the purpose of "weighing sin" if not to determine the punishment?

Yes some sins are greater than others.

Some sins are not unto death; some sins are unto death.

Some sins unto death are of greater damnation; that’s greater punishment in Hell.

Lk 20:47: "who devour widows' houses and for a pretense make long prayers. They will receive the greater condemnation."

Mt 18:7: ""Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the man by whom the temptation comes!"

Jn 19:11: "Jesus answered him, "You would have no power over me unless it had been given you from above; therefore he who delivered me to you has the greater sin."

As for Jn 19:11 "Jesus answered, You could have no authority against Me unless it were given to you from above. Therefore he who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."

Consider the warnings to;

False Prophets and False Teachers of the word; in hell these will be made example of according to scripture.

Many may or may not appreciate the words of the prophet Mary K. Baxter in her hellish experiences as M.K.B. witnessed the degrees of punishment in Hell that scripture warns of.

… To speak of one here; she witnessed the hellish torture of a false minister in hell. His punishment was horrific as he was made example of.

2 Peter 2:1-6 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Mary K. Baxter.

http://www.spiritlessons.com/Mary_K_Baxter_A_Divine_Revelation_of_Hell.htm

You can also burn your own CDs on her testimony and pass them out to your friends and loved ones.

http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/burn_your_own_cds/burn_your_own_cds.htm

I have heard many devout Christians say I will be forever changed, through a greater realization in what the Lord came to save us from.

God Bless*

LH,

I would be highly sceptical of anyone making claims that they were given previews of heaven or hell,or any other type of after life. I Have read testamony from Mormons claiming a view of the Afterlife. They will tell you that it is just as the Book of Mormon says. You are given your own planet and you have all your Family around you. You are The god of that Planet. Of course God and Jesus send them back so they can tell the truth about what they were shown. I could take you into any LDS Book store and fine at least 5 or 6 Books all with the same message. Of course it is to show that they are the one ture faith.

I'm sure that other faiths also have people who will say the same thing about their faith and after life. You have spiritualist saying they are reincarnated and now have memories of past lives. You have others that claim a special Knowledge and can Channel beings that are thousands of years old.

I would think to a Christian these claims would really raise a red flag. After all the Resurrection is the center of the Christian Faith. Any claims by others to have also seen the Afterlife in my view would diminish the whole power of the resurrection. If as You say Those that do not teach the Truth havea special punishment waiting for them. Then Those that make these claims had better be perpared.

LaughMachine
The unsaved will never understand the saved... or is it the other way around?

The sain will never understand the unsain

The good will never understand the bad

White will never understand black

Rebublicans will never understand Deomocrats

Cats will never understand dogs

The Yankees will never understand the Redsox

Simon will never understand Paula

None of us will ever understand Britney Spears....

I think this sums everything up. You all think your right and you all are entitled to your opinions. But opinions are like nickels...everyone has one.....and they aren't worth a dime haha...

LH,

I would be highly sceptical of anyone making claims that they were given previews of heaven or hell,or any other type of after life. I Have read testamony from Mormons claiming a view of the Afterlife. They will tell you that it is just as the Book of Mormon says. You are given your own planet and you have all your Family around you. You are The god of that Planet. Of course God and Jesus send them back so they can tell the truth about what they were shown. I could take you into any LDS Book store and fine at least 5 or 6 Books all with the same message. Of course it is to show that they are the one ture faith.

I'm sure that other faiths also have people who will say the same thing about their faith and after life. You have spiritualist saying they are reincarnated and now have memories of past lives. You have others that claim a special Knowledge and can Channel beings that are thousands of years old.

I would think to a Christian these claims would really raise a red flag. After all the Resurrection is the center of the Christian Faith. Any claims by others to have also seen the Afterlife in my view would diminish the whole power of the resurrection. If as You say Those that do not teach the Truth havea special punishment waiting for them. Then Those that make these claims had better be perpared.

Good post topper

LaughMachine

How about

we end the " debating" and just wait and see. Until than people will stick with their adamant beliefs and won't stray away from them. They will keep their beliefs as close as possible because It's their comfort. No one wants to know everything they have put their heart in to could be a lie.

I believe in a afterlife though and if your a good person than you will enjoy the afterlife...

but until than...there are only theories and opinions....

How about

we end the " debating" and just wait and see. Until than people will stick with their adamant beliefs and won't stray away from them. They will keep their beliefs as close as possible because It's their comfort. No one wants to know everything they have put their heart in to could be a lie.

I believe in a afterlife though and if your a good person than you will enjoy the afterlife...

but until than...there are only theories and opinions....

That's fine, but some beliefs are dangerous. The very idea of an afterlife is what makes some people fly into buildings, blow themselves up, persecute those who think differently, and in many cases prevent people from getting vaccines and information that could save their lives. Religion is not a good thing, and must be challenged, just like every other idea humans have. Sadly, religion seems to get a free pass because it gives comfort to some.

I say, so what? A comforting delusion is still a delusion, and it is the more moderate believers that allow the more strident ones to exist.

Imagine if I was a senator, and I got up on the floor of the Senate and went on about how Zeus does not approve of "x" in our society. i doubt I would be allowed to finish before they came and locked me up. But if I go on about how Jesus doesn't want "x", everyone will listen reverently and many will second my opinion. Why? Because more people believe it?

The number of people who believe in something is not indicative of its truth. The biggest selling single of all time is "Candle in the Wind" by Elton John. Popular sure doesn't mean right.

LH,

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Prophecy is; more insight to.

We are living in the days of prophecy. Through the signs of scripture and there are many- many… signs… to look for.

When we see all these things together we are to look up for our redemption draweth nigh.

Mary K. Baxter… is a prophet of God, likewise Bill Wiese. God speaks to a few to speak to many.

Some hear and not hear. Some brush it off as a lie.

What would it prophit these prophets that know the word of God to tell of these horrific horrors of Hell and have their own eternal soul end up in that place?

How do we discern a false Prophet from a true one Prophet?

We question is it in accord with the word of God? Does it lead us away from God?

Taking that in consideration these two prophets are in accord with the word… and do not distract from but continue to encourage soul salvation.

In accord with the word many scriptures support the things they saw and made mention of.

They lead no one deceptively away from God but instead to God. And offer a more detailed view of.

These are not False Prophets; but Prophets in accord with the word.

Also this knowledge is available without cost. It’s free. None has to purchase a book. In fact we can burn CDs and pass them to others.

As usual… its up to each of us to discern what we believe or not.

No reincarnation; scripture tells us we will be transformed. We shall have a new glorified body even as like unto Christs glorified body.

The same Holy Spirit that raised Him from the tomb will rise us up in a twinkling of an eye and we shall be transformed into a body that will not fade away, having no spot or blemish no disease no corruption.

Flesh and blood cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Flesh and blood is corruption in itself.

At the sound of the Trump first the dead will be raised and then we the living.

Recall absent from body present with the Lord. The dead in Christ do not sleep but are with the Lord now. He brings those souls back with Him to the clouds not to earth to the clouds…

Their bodies first will rise up and be transformed into a glorified body as their souls are united with and then we the living are next to be transformed in the air; all this happens in twinkling of an eye.

Scripture teaches us we will be transformed…. Not reincarnated.

I like the Mormon Tabernacles Choir..

But Joseph Smith’s teaches Mormons work their way to heaven and that no man can know if they are saved or not… they wait till the end to see if their good works took them to the desired destination.

This is not scriptural and we need to pray for many that have fallen to false teachers.

:love:

I'm Glad you are so secure in your so called prophets You see the end times But this has been a part of the Christian faith since the beginning Paul saw the end times and even said Christians would see Jesus return in his lifetime. it didn't happen. Christians have been calling for the end times for 2000 years So many Prophets who said that they had the truth and they were right. That they had it right from God! How could all these devout men and woman be so wrong?

you quote the Bible but where does it say Others will die and be brought back from the dead? IMHO Those so called Prophets cheapen the resurrection.

What if the Catholics are right? What if all protestant Faiths are doomed as heretics? After all it is the oldest contiguous Christan Chruch surly after all this time they know something right?

I'm Glad you are so secure in your so called prophets You see the end times But this has been a part of the Christian faith since the beginning Paul saw the end times and even said Christians would see Jesus return in his lifetime. it didn't happen. Christians have been calling for the end times for 2000 years So many Prophets who said that they had the truth and they were right. That they had it right from God! How could all these devout men and woman be so wrong?

you quote the Bible but where does it say Others will die and be brought back from the dead? IMHO Those so called Prophets cheapen the resurrection.

What if the Catholics are right? What if all protestant Faiths are doomed as heretics? After all it is the oldest contiguous Christan Chruch surly after all this time they know something right?

T,

Tribulation and signs of the times requires a thread of its own … I’ll gladly begin one.

Where these questions and many others will have answers to believe it or not.

Island Girl
That would fall under ignorance; I’m certain God will not hold the ignorant accountable for worshipping on the wrong day. The Holy Spirit goes to Church on Sundays with the ignorant and many get saved.

You are CERTAIN??!!

You are certain -- UNBELIEVABLE.

Really.

I am appalled to say the least.

If you are SO certain that it is okay to work on the Sabbath - but take Sundays off instead, you haven't read your bible.

It DOES NOT say that -- OR IMPLY THAT -- anywhere.

As far as what you state -- that you are "certain" that it would be overlooked because of ignorance - what of the people who have never heard the words of your faith?

That would be ignorance - yet they go to hell?

God pardons you for worshiping on Sunday instead of obeying his words (which you are NOT ignorant of) yet He would send others to hell for having never heard "the word"?

great...

You are CERTAIN??!!

You are certain -- UNBELIEVABLE.

Really.

I am appalled to say the least.

If you are SO certain that it is okay to work on the Sabbath - but take Sundays off instead, you haven't read your bible.

It DOES NOT say that -- OR IMPLY THAT -- anywhere.

As far as what you state -- that you are "certain" that it would be overlooked because of ignorance - what of the people who have never heard the words of your faith?

That would be ignorance - yet they go to hell?

God pardons you for worshiping on Sunday instead of obeying his words (which you are NOT ignorant of) yet He would send others to hell for having never heard "the word"?

great...

We are all sinners saved by grace and if we broke commandment we broke them all. James 2:10-11

As for weighing of sin, please consider: 1 Jn 5:16-17:

What would be the purpose of "weighing sin" if not to determine the punishment?

"1Jo 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death."

Lk 20:47: "who devour widows' houses and for a pretense make long prayers. They will receive the greater condemnation."

Mt 18:7: ""Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the man by whom the temptation comes!"

Jn 19:11: "Jesus answered him, "You would have no power over me unless it had been given you from above; therefore he who delivered me to you has the greater sin."

Some sins are unto death and some are not. We are all sinners.

Still sins to God have various weight and measure; payment for is in accord.

burning 4 revenge

Imagine if I was a senator, and I got up on the floor of the Senate and went on about how Zeus does not approve of "x" in our society. i doubt I would be allowed to finish before they came and locked me up.

:laugh: I would so totally vote for you.
:laugh: I would so totally vote for you.

You can’t win em all. :laugh:

But there is still hope Burning for Revenge.

As long as you live and breath anything can happen.

People change.

You may see things in a new light… you don’t know what tomorrow will bring.

So there is still hope...

T,

On the dead being raised and transformed:

1Cr 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1Cr 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Cr 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality.

1Cr 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

When shall we “ALL” be changed

1COR.15[50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

JOB 14

[12] So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.

[13] O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!

[14] If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

Job knew when we shall “ALL” be changed. After the wrath has past and after the heavens be no more. In Isaiah

34 which is describing the “DAY OF THE LORD” the WORD says that at that time the heavens shall be dissolved. see once again all these rapture scriptures appear to be speaking of The Day of the Lord. And i know that the Day of the Lord is not the entire tribulation period. Its the final year(according to scripture).

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

LOOK THOSE THAT SLEEP… [ARE THE DEAD IN THE GRAVES]

YET NOT DEAD IN SPIRIT … instead ….ABSENT FROM THE BODY PRESENT WITH THE LORD. CHRIST BRINGS THE DEAD BACK WITH HIM TO MEET UP WITH THEIR NEW BODY.

1 Thessalonians 4:14

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

We shall have a new Glorified Body … like unto His Glorious Body.

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

---Realize flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

We are housed in corruption.

1 Corinthians 15:50

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

We will be changed into a glorified body that is made of incorruption…

Finally the same Holy Spirit that lifted Christ from the Dead… is the Spirit that dwells in you Saved.

That same Holy Spirit will raise you’re mortal bodies up in a twinkling of an eye… Rapture.

Romans 8:11

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you

• Author
Popular sure doesn't mean right.

Nod, nod, nod.........people, you have to have personal relationship with God, by yourself, not just listien what others say......

Island Girl

Possibly not a sin punishable by death...by reading the old testament I think it may have led to stoning but have not researched enough to say this would be the case

HOWEVER -- it IS sin enough according to the bible to not get into Heaven.

Awwwwwwwwww. And after all of the hard work.:lmao: