Sufferings is result of our sins?

I neither asked nor expected you to compromise your beliefs. Nor did I make fun of your beliefs. I merely offered you a view into my own spirituality.

I have a hard time valuing your Holy Spirit when it allows you to condescend (not condensate, which has to do with water vapor turning to liquid) and make fun of my spirituality by comparing it to tree hugging.

I doubt that your God would find your attitude appropriate or in His Spirit. You use your Holy Spirit to try to beat others down who do not believe your way.

What is in the name of good? Its good to hug a tree… right?

If it’s a bad thing don’t tell the tree huggers.

Are you condescending tree hugging as a it’s not a good thing?

What’s wrong with your spirit?

Also its a good thing to squeeze toothpaste from the bottom of the tube.

I belong to the bottom squeezers toothpaste club.

Cause its a good thing. Its good. (((A good thing)))

No Life is like a box of chocolates... You never know what your gonna get...

This reminds me of why I never buy those boxes of surprise, yiks.

So your calling Jehovah Wittness a Christian Chruch a cult?

The Witnesses deny Jesus' deity and the Christians rightfully proclaim it.

Jesus is not the second member of the trinity.

Believe in good works as entry to heaven period…. and that only 144,000 total will enter heaven.

Need freedom from call...........911 J.W. Cult.org

But wait LH why can't one compromise is there any thing wrong with that?

No one is asking you to change your beliefs, so why does one have to change what they believe.

Again you say that the unsaved do not understand the saved, that is such a broad general statement that it has little value.

But I must say it is nice to see you speaking from your mind and your heart instead of quoting scriptures from the bible.

It brings you down to earth a little bit and people may relate to it much better then the other.

Compromise? How do you do that? I can’t compromise Jesus for man on earth.

As far as…. ‘is nice to see you speaking from your mind and your heart instead of quoting scriptures from the Bible’. Thank you I’m delighted you noticed.

I was spanked this week by a few people I appreciate; they tole me to tone it down...So I’m practicing here with you.

What is in the name of good? Its good to hug a tree… right?

If it’s a bad thing don’t tell the tree huggers.

Are you condescending tree hugging as a it’s not a good thing?

What’s wrong with your spirit?

Also its a good thing to squeeze toothpaste from the bottom of the tube.

I belong to the bottom squeezers toothpaste club.

Cause its a good thing. Its good. (((A good thing)))

Good is what Jesus teaches, does he not? You are comparing his teachings to squeezing toothpaste now? You are making a joke of your own beliefs.

Why must I believe the Bible story of Jesus - written by men - in order to have a spiritual faith in the value of good and of love.

Good is what Jesus teaches, does he not? You are comparing his teachings to squeezing toothpaste now? You are making a joke of your own beliefs.

Why must I believe the Bible story of Jesus - written by men - in order to have a spiritual faith in the value of good and of love.

Play on words; I do not repent to or in the name of good. I repent to God not to good. If I added an O to God I would not repent in the name of good.

Jesus is Holy, righteousness and our good works count to Him after- after- after -after salvation.

[“Why must I believe the Bible story of Jesus - written by men - in order to have a spiritual faith in the value of good and of love.”]

Well you know not all will come to Christ. Many will reject Him. The door is narrow and the road is broad.

Freewill tells you…you do what you will.

I assume you know of the word of Jesus and its those men that wrote that fake scripture that turns you off. That Holy Spirit stuff ...what lies!

You’re a good person. What else is there?

Good works count that’s the way to go …right?

Tell me about ...good.

• Author
Hi Lonelybird,

I agree, Repent and strive to be Holy as God is Holy.

:love:

Hi Love Hurts:laugh: , what did take you so long to come here?

God bless

• Author
We are human and God knows we are going to sin. It is why Jesus was sent so we could have an avenue back to God rather than follow the Jewish law. He wants us to do his will out of love for him not because we fear punishment because of our sins.

I thought this like you did. But when I read Bible, how did John preach God's message? He simply called people to repent, I quoted his very words in first post. How did Jesus do? How did many prophets preach God's message? They simply told people that "God is loving, but people did many things sins against God's will, If they don't turn away from their sin, they would be punished!" and many people repented because of this kind of message. then look how did God punish those false prophets who told people they were going to be fine no matter what they did, nothing would happen to them. God got angry about what those false prophets said, and punished them too.

If a father see his son are on a wrong road, and end of the road is death. Will not this father tell the son that his son is on wrong road? will not this father tell his son that if his son continue this way, he will punish his son to prevent his son's death?

Prov 15:16(1)Better to be poor and fear the LORD than to be rich and in trouble.

Only preaching Love of God seems cannot move certain people. Stay in line with God's words, you can see love of God; but rebel and sin can see anger of God. Yes, Jesus died for us, but this doesn't mean we can continue our own way to sin. We don't have to die because of our sins if we believe in HIm, but same time we should strive to keep His commandments.

Fear is the base, but love draw us close to God, and love make us have intimate personal relationship with God.

LaughMachine
I thought this like you did. But when I read Bible, how did John preach God's message? He simply called people to repent, I quoted his very words in first post. How did Jesus do? How did many prophets preach God's message? They simply told people that "God is loving, but people did many things sins against God's will, If they don't turn away from their sin, they would be punished!" and many people repented because of this kind of message. then look how did God punish those false prophets who told people they were going to be fine no matter what they did, nothing would happen to them. God got angry about what those false prophets said, and punished them too.

If a father see his son are on a wrong road, and end of the road is death. Will not this father tell the son that his son is on wrong road? will not this father tell his son that if his son continue this way, he will punish his son to prevent his son's death?

Only preaching Love of God seems cannot move certain people. Stay in line with God's words, you can see love of God; but rebel and sin can see anger of God. Yes, Jesus died for us, but this doesn't mean we can continue our own way to sin. We don't have to die because of our sins if we believe in HIm, but same time we should strive to keep His commandments.

Fear is the base, but love draw us close to God, and love make us have intimate personal relationship with God.

Not being critical at all to you. But what makes you so sure of gods spiritual existence. Inspire me I would love to have more hope

I always believe and feel god. But than some other jack butt comes along with a very intellectual theory on how god doesn't exist

• Author
I understand what you are saying, and although I think most everyone has a spritual side. We could repent in the name of god, but I am talking reality here and I think that in your case "in the name of god" means drama and puts you on a pedistal.

I am just asking for some sincerity in this picture. As I said not everyone can be holy, but for those that are then more power to them however there comes to be a self centured aspect to the whole holy thing. Why not just be a good person and be yourself.

Nobody is good enough to be called "good person", somebody think themselves to be good are called "self-righteousness". Self-righteousness lead to death. In God's eyes we are all sinners. We don't know we sinned against God many may many times, yet we still call us "good":o . Notorious person think themselves are "good", Hilter think himself as "good even great". ungodly person tend to think themselves are "good", which is dangeous. Can you be good enough to be like Jesus? Yet Jesus didn't want people to call him "good"

Matthew 19:16 Once a man came to Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what good thing must I do to receive eternal life?"

19:17 "Why do you ask me concerning what is good?" answered Jesus. "There is only One who is good. Keep the commandments if you want to enter life."

• Author
We can repent in the name of GOOD, and strive to be holy for those we love and those who love and rely upon us.

Even so, you cannot be so good enough to enter heaven. God's definition about "good" is different from our definition about "good". IF we want to enter God's kingdom, we have to think about God's definition, not ours.

If it is so difficult, then we cannot enter kingdom of heaven? No, we must have the help of Holy Spirit, under guidance of Holy Spirit on a daily basis we obey and follow Holy Spirit's advise, then we can enter into heaven. Holy Spirit is a guarrantee, but we must obey Him.

Even so, you cannot be so good enough to enter heaven. God's definition about "good" is different from our definition about "good". IF we want to enter God's kingdom, we have to think about God's definition, not ours.

If it is so difficult, then we cannot enter kingdom of heaven? No, we must have the help of Holy Spirit, under guidance of Holy Spirit on a daily basis we obey and follow Holy Spirit's advise, then we can enter into heaven. Holy Spirit is a guarrantee, but we must obey Him.

Yeah, see, that part doesn't concern me. I'm not spiritual to the point of needing to believe in an afterlife. God's kingdom, as far as I'm concerned, is here, now, and I am responsible for doing my best here, now.

• Author
Yeah, see, that part doesn't concern me. I'm not spiritual to the point of needing to believe in an afterlife. God's kingdom, as far as I'm concerned, is here, now, and I am responsible for doing my best here, now.

I know you are trying your best. BUT God do exist, heaven and hell do exist. After we die, our soul still exist. Did you read other forum about "ghost"? It means there are some insivible things exist!

Remember you defended for gay after my post? What if God really don't like this kind of sexual behavior? then you didn't push them down to hell a little bit further? About this gay thing, I asked God, God show me the verses in the Bible, it is amazing! God's commandment did not change, Bible did not change. God's love will not change, but we have to in line with God's words, and try to be pure

Later I will come up some self-righteousness concept. I didn't mention you are, but we, as human being, tend to be self-righteousness.

• Author

We tend to think ourselves as "good person". but think about it, which notorious person or a killer or a murder think themselves as "bad person"? No, all of them think they are "good person".:o A very pride person think himself/herself a "very good" person and actually "worth to be proud":o A person's relative good is evil in God's eyes. WHO can boast they are "good" when they face God?

This world and people are used to define "good person" on THEIR OWN terms or on this world terms (flesh definition). But many of things they did are notorious in God's eyes. Check out if you are a good person in God's eyes

Ten Commandents

God spoke, and these were his words:

"I am the LORD your God who brought you out of Egypt, where you were slaves.

1. "Worship no god but me.

2. Do not make for yourselves images of anything in heaven or on earth or in the water under the earth.

Do not bow down to any idol or worship it, because I am the LORD your God and I tolerate no rivals. I bring punishment on those who hate me and on their descendants down to the third and fourth generation.

But I show my love to thousands of generations(u) of those who love me and obey my laws.

3(*)"Do not use my name for evil purposes, for I, the LORD your God, will punish anyone who misuses my name.

4 (*)"Observe the Sabbath and keep it holy.

(*)You have six days in which to do your work,

but the seventh day is a day of rest dedicated to me. On that day no one is to work-neither you, your children, your slaves, your animals, nor the foreigners who live in your country.

(*)In six days I, the LORD, made the earth, the sky, the seas, and everything in them, but on the seventh day I rested. That is why I, the LORD, blessed the Sabbath and made it holy.

5 (*)"Respect your father and your mother, so that you may live a long time in the land that I am giving you.

6 (*)"Do not commit murder.

7 (*)"Do not commit adultery.

8 (*)"Do not steal.

9 (*)"Do not accuse anyone falsely.

10 (*)"Do not desire another man's house; do not desire his wife, his slaves, his cattle, his donkeys, or anything else that he owns."

Matthew 5:5 (*)"Happy are those who are humble; they will receive what God has promised!

5:6 (*)"Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires; God will satisfy them fully!

5:7 "Happy are those who are merciful to others; God will be merciful to them!

5:8 (*)"Happy are the pure in heart; they will see God!

5:9 "Happy are those who work for peace; God will call them his children!

5:10 (*)"Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires; the Kingdom of heaven belongs to them!

5:27 (*)"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.'

5:28 But now I tell you: anyone who looks at a woman and wants to possess her is guilty of committing adultery with her in his heart.

5:38 (*)"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.'

5:39 But now I tell you: do not take revenge on someone who wrongs you. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, let him slap your left cheek too.

5:41 And if one of the occupation troops forces you to carry his pack one mile, carry it two miles.

5:42 When someone asks you for something, give it to him; when someone wants to borrow something, lend it to him.

5:43 (*)"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your friends, hate your enemies.'

5:44 But now I tell you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

5:45 (*)so that you may become the children of your Father in heaven.

6:14 (*)"If you forgive others the wrongs they have done to you, your Father in heaven will also forgive you.

Okay, and these are just parts of commandments. So, who will stand out to say "I am a good person"?

• Author
We are human and God knows we are going to sin. It is why Jesus was sent so we could have an avenue back to God rather than follow the Jewish law. He wants us to do his will out of love for him not because we fear punishment because of our sins.

Jesus came to free us from death, from Satan, but do NOT free us from commandments of God. Jesus free us from curse of law, means by ourselves we cannot fulfill the law, so if we cannot fulfil the law, the laws become curse to us, means He sent Holy Spirit to us, and Holy Spirit living in us. Whenever we do something against God's commandment, Holy Spirit will warn us, yet you have to decide to obey or not.

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law of Moses and the teachings of the prophets. I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill.

5:18 (*)Remember that as long as heaven and earth last, not the least point nor the smallest detail of the Law will be done away with-not until the end of all things. (a)

5:19 So then, whoever disobeys even the least important of the commandments and teaches others to do the same, will be least in the Kingdom of heaven. On the other hand, whoever obeys the Law and teaches others to do the same, will be great in the Kingdom of heaven.

5:20 I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdome of heaven.

• Author

We bear consequence of our sins in this earth too if we don't repent and strive to change. If people don't focus their eyes on Jesus, they would live under tons of bondages which cause depression, suffer, disease, complaining....Jesus free us from these bondages, it is such a precious gift!

Like adultery, have a relationship with a married man, it will not hurt God, but will hurt ourselves. What is good about the leftover? it hurts our own self-esteem. Will a woman rather have the leftover and have short happiness now than real rejoice in the earth and eternity in heaven? well, if she cannot see God's promise, maybe, cause she would grab anything that make her happy even it is such little "happiness" in such short time. It is like a father tell his son "don't touch fire", but his son still did, who would be hurt?

Unforgiveness and hate will not hurt God, but it is a burden to ourselves, in this earth.

Every sin will hurt ourselves in the end in this earth, here, now.

It is our sins condemn ourselves. But if we don't well know these living laws in our heart, how can we avoid these mistakes and sins?

Without hope we will grab leftover, settle for less. Without hope we appear desperate. Without hope we are short-sight. Without hope we easily fall into pits.

hey Lonely Bird you should start a new thread to inform all how you became so enlightened.

Hi Love Hurts:laugh: , what did take you so long to come here?

God bless

L.B.

Thank you for asking.

Its about pearls.

I move around the boards and am hopeful God will use me;

put me where He needs me. At times I feel His anointing,

other times I feel compelled to move on.

If we keep putting out and don’t get something inward we begin to get empty. It’s a two-fold work of the Lord, for others as well as the need to feed our own spirit.

I enjoy reading the words of many Christians that are happy and excited in the Lord;

“Praise ye the Lord and what good things God has done. How great our God is. How faithful how true.”

Just knowing there are many believers grouped together fills my spirit. I enjoy the Praise of the Lord and the study of the word.

In short I move to Christian Boards and to Boards like L.S. that have a religious section with others that are looking for more or to share in the Lord.

Our spiritual journey with the Lord is give and take in many areas.

If a board we share with nonbelievers seems to run amuck appears fruitless I shake it off and move on again in the Lord. It’s a circle.

I carry pearls of Jesus and offer them out in Jesus name also I collect pearls of Jesus in my walk.

Pearls … you know in advance L.B. what I'm explaining.

Sometimes its good to take a walk.

God Bless*

Jesus came to free us from death, from Satan, but do NOT free us from commandments of God. Jesus free us from curse of law, means by ourselves we cannot fulfill the law, so if we cannot fulfil the law, the laws become curse to us, means He sent Holy Spirit to us, and Holy Spirit living in us. Whenever we do something against God's commandment, Holy Spirit will warn us, yet you have to decide to obey or not.

If you truly believe what you have posted here, then every day Christians are breaking the laws of Moses.

Christians do not follow kosher laws. they do not honor the sabbath. They do not celebrate Jewish Holidays. Pictures of Jesus and crucifictions could be considered Idol worship.

Pain is an unfortunate fact of life. God rewards those who are able to tolerate a lot of pain, and sometimes God rewards those who are capable of inflicting it as well.

"Suffering is a result of our sins?"

When I was 12 years old, my mother married the wealthiest man in the county. He's an alocohlic, and a very mean one at that. For 3 years, my 3 siblings and I endured getting beat to bloody pulps, while our mother stood and watched. We even had the sheriff over there for the last episode that I was involved in.

I was coming to when I saw the sheriff step over my boody, and guide his foot onto a clear spot on the ground so he wouldn't track blood into the house.

As my mother re-set my nose, (for the upteenth time), and wipe my face, the sheriff and my step-dad where inside conversing.

Not 10 minutes later, the sheriff left with him and my step dad shaking hands, laughing, and carrying on as if nothing had taken place.

At 15 year old, I didn't care where I would go, what I would do, or what I would eat. I just left.

What does a, "normal" person worry about at 15 I wonder?

Anyway.....I went through a lot of suffering. I don't think that at that age I could sin enough to deserve that kind of suffering.......

So I don't subscribe to suffering being a result of our sin. Sometimes, yes, of course, but this isn't true 100% of the time.

Other times, I believe, it's to prepare us, and to teach us how to help others through similar situations.

I councel a lot of abused kids, the stories I hear are freakishly like my own. And I can empathise with them, and show them how I dealt with my experiences.

I firmly believe that the suffering I went through happened so that I would be a broken vessel that God could use for His glorification.

I hope I made sense to some......

If you truly believe what you have posted here, then every day Christians are breaking the laws of Moses.

Christians do not follow kosher laws. they do not honor the sabbath. They do not celebrate Jewish Holidays. Pictures of Jesus and crucifictions could be considered Idol worship.

T,

I think L.B. was focusing on;

The Ten Commandments, they are for all of us.

Keep the Sabbath day Holy we are not to work on Sunday we are to be in Church worshipping the Lord.

Some have to work… this is the sheep in the pit.

It happens… God knows a heart. And each man will be judged with equity.

We can keep the crucifix, the pictures of Jesus and the Christmas tree.

[We are not to worship these things].

"Suffering is a result of our sins?"

When I was 12 years old, my mother married the wealthiest man in the county. He's an alocohlic, and a very mean one at that. For 3 years, my 3 siblings and I endured getting beat to bloody pulps, while our mother stood and watched. We even had the sheriff over there for the last episode that I was involved in.

I was coming to when I saw the sheriff step over my boody, and guide his foot onto a clear spot on the ground so he wouldn't track blood into the house.

As my mother re-set my nose, (for the upteenth time), and wipe my face, the sheriff and my step-dad where inside conversing.

Not 10 minutes later, the sheriff left with him and my step dad shaking hands, laughing, and carrying on as if nothing had taken place.

At 15 year old, I didn't care where I would go, what I would do, or what I would eat. I just left.

What does a, "normal" person worry about at 15 I wonder?

Anyway.....I went through a lot of suffering. I don't think that at that age I could sin enough to deserve that kind of suffering.......

So I don't subscribe to suffering being a result of our sin. Sometimes, yes, of course, but this isn't true 100% of the time.

Other times, I believe, it's to prepare us, and to teach us how to help others through similar situations.

I councel a lot of abused kids, the stories I hear are freakishly like my own. And I can empathise with them, and show them how I dealt with my experiences.

I firmly believe that the suffering I went through happened so that I would be a broken vessel that God could use for His glorification.

I hope I made sense to some......

Thank you for sharing your personal story Moose,

It’s a wake up call for us at any age in life...we can be victims of; the sins of others. It’s God that makes all things good. He can take us in our brokenness heal us and turn it around to glorify Him.

God is awesome.

Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:8 He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

God Bless*:love: