LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

My. Boyfriend is way more popular than me and it's causing me sooo many problems

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree16Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2019, 5:51 PM   #1

My. Boyfriend is way more popular than me and it's causing me sooo many problems

About 3 months ago I started dating the most popular guy he is on literally every sports team his grades are perfect you can ask anyone and they will know him and when we started dating me the other girls have started hating me they tell me he lowered his standards for me but whenever I go anywhere without him people people won't talk to me or stick gum in my hair (this happens maybe twice a week) I am admittedly a kinda lonely and now even more lonely nerd but is there any way I can stop this happening why do so many other girls do this to me these are 19 year old girls is this normal for a relationship (this is my first boyfriend) I also have started wondering why does he even like me he could have anyone so why a lonely nerd

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 9th February 2019 at 6:28 PM.. Reason: Formatting
Old 9th February 2019, 5:57 PM   #2
Established Member

Welcome to LS!

I remember when I was 19, my emotions were like trying to keep a fishing boat afloat in the Alaskan ocean. Wild times. Here are some truths of relationships to consider:

1. Love is a precious thing. If your man is giving you the love you are looking for, why should you feel ashamed about it? Cherish love when you have someone trying to give it to you.

2. If someone is trying to bully you, even other women, perhaps you can learn self defense? Take up Krav Maga lessons. Then other women will know if they push you around, they will end up with their face in the sand. They will then leave you alone.

3. Outer confidence and self confidence are so important. Why are you allowing your classmates to dictate how you feel? You are the captain of your own boat. So what if your boyfriend has more friends than you do. When you are a successful professional, and take this from me, a man with his own job - none of this will matter. Take some time to learn self confidence and presenting a great self image. Take some time to learn public speaking. Stand up to one of your greatest weakness - being a loner nerd. Your 25 year old self will thank you for it.
Old 9th February 2019, 5:58 PM   #3
Established Member

They're just jealous. I guess they feel entitled to him. Be sure and tell him which ones are being mean to you.

I might be suspicious, but he's been with you for three months, so he just likes you. Just because he's into sports doesn't mean he's all that different from you. People cling to sports people just to get some status. That doesn't mean that's what he's like inside. As long as he's dating you and not just using you some way, like for sex or homework, but taking you out on dates and being respectful and isn't keeping you waiting around, in other words, that it's not a one-way relationship, then just relax and enjoy it and let him know who is mean. If they cross a line, report them to your school.
Old 9th February 2019, 6:03 PM   #4
Established Member

Don't let woman to woman locker room meddling and catfighting define who you are. It's a waste of energy.
Old 9th February 2019, 6:06 PM   #5

I just don't know how I would do this I'm so weak I hit someone in the mouth and they didn't flinch I'm quite sure he does like me but my confidence level is close to zero it got even worse when my friends stopped wanting to be seen with me and when they have crossed the line before my school barely cared nobody thinks I'm good enough for him even people I haven't met yesterday I reported 2 girls for taking my phone and laptop posting things on my Instagram and pouring coyote urine on me but they honestly couldn't care less
Old 9th February 2019, 6:14 PM   #6

Also this guy carried our teams to the championship for the first time everyone wants to be his friend or girlfriend people think of it as the ultimate status symbol to have his number and this is in my entire town I can't escape this
Old 9th February 2019, 6:15 PM   #7
Established Member

Work on your confidence! It's a real thing you can improve.

I am proud of you for punching another girl for disrespecting you.

The other girls are jealous of you. Learn how to safeguard your belongings from them and learn how to defend yourself from woman on woman meddling and catfighting. It's very possible to be the strongest woman in your class - you have to choose to be that woman first. Nobody here can help you if you don't choose to change your life and be religiously devoted to changing your life.

They don't get to decide your SELF WORTH.
Old 9th February 2019, 6:20 PM   #8

Do you literally mean go workout or be able to sleep without crying
Old 9th February 2019, 6:25 PM   #9
Established Member

You should workout anyway to stay healthy no matter what anybody says.

As far as sleeping without crying, that will go away with time - if you make a voluntary choice to work on your confidence.
Old 9th February 2019, 6:26 PM   #10

If you mean go workout I went with him to the gym once but i could barely lift 5 pounds and he could lift 100 with one arm this is why I stopped going
Old 9th February 2019, 6:28 PM   #11
Established Member

then keep on adding 5 pounds every three days after being consistently able to pull the weight you did the day before. That way you will have something to do and be proud of. Don't worry about his 100 lb, men are built to be more muscular anyway so that's no big deal.
Old 9th February 2019, 6:31 PM   #12

But how can you stand there taking abuse from dozens of people because you can barely lift your bag
Old 9th February 2019, 6:33 PM   #13
Established Member

Go on the off hours when nobody is watching you.
Old 9th February 2019, 6:35 PM   #14
Established Member

You don't have to listen to the people who are annoying you. Are they actually in your face yelling at you? Just don't pay attention to them or go to a gym they don't go to. Another option is to do progressive pushups in your house to weight train. Your own body is a great gym in itself.

No jealous woman is allowed to dictate your self worth to you unless you roll over, surrender, and let them kick you in the face.

So DONT' roll over, surrender, and let them kick you in the face. Period.

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 10th February 2019 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: Merge
Old 9th February 2019, 7:08 PM   #15
Established Member

So let's do a little exercise here ... mental exercise.

Tell us three reasons you think super-popular bf has chosen you over all the haters. Three reasons for why you think he likes you.

And just a quick background note: just because you're extroverted and popular doesn't mean you like all the people who you're popular with. One of the most charismatic people I know ... loves his time alone ... and feels exhausted doing the charisma thing in interacting with people ... though you would never know that from looking at him at a party.

There is something (I want three) that you are giving bf that he can't get from dating other women ...
Closed Thread