LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

I need help with my girlfriend, I’m freaking out!?


Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree117Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st January 2018, 3:13 PM   #46
Established Member
 
CautiouslyOptimistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 4,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey52 View Post
I will leave her be then for now... Iím not begging or I would of been still contacting again.. all I know if you set it free and comes back itís meant to be.. and well I honestly do love her more than anything. But I understand it is what it is for now but I donít feel itís an absolute deal breaker
Your best chance at getting her back is definitely to leave her alone right now.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 3:20 PM   #47
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
Your best chance at getting her back is definitely to leave her alone right now.
Will do.... as hard as it is
Hockey52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 3:30 PM   #48
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey52 View Post
Will do.... as hard as it is
I feel for you. Iím sure it hurts like hÄ!!.

Maybe hit the gym. Get some good exercise. It feels good to do something for yourself.

Stay strong, bro.
bachdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 3:34 PM   #49
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachdude View Post
I feel for you. Iím sure it hurts like hÄ!!.

Maybe hit the gym. Get some good exercise. It feels good to do something for yourself.

Stay strong, bro.
Iím trying thank you! But Iím not relying on hope but I do truely feel when Iím gone maybe in a week or 2 she will miss me.. because she knows how good I am for her and would take care of her. Her saying those words that I deserve someone who will give me the right attention and that person canít be meĒ broke my heart, but I really really donít feel she means it.. maybe now in he moment... but I donít feel itís permanent because there wasnít really any ďtrueĒ real issues. She was supposed to be here for Christmas she had my gifts and everything packed ready to go then this happened out of no where
Hockey52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 3:35 PM   #50
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 19,267
Sometimes family crises bring into sharp relief what's really important in your life and what isn't. I have been this stressed out from them more than once. Once I went and got tranquilizers so I wouldn't blow up at someone and the other, I cut off an LDR. It just didn't seem important anymore. Seemed like work and was only adding to my stress.

Stop being persistent with her. Wish her the best and tell her you understand. Then move on. She knows where to find you if she wants to reach out once things settle down, but don't wait for it because she may be moving on and not just temporarily overwhelmed. Just move on and be civil about it. Good luck.
__________________
"I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln
preraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 3:44 PM   #51
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
Sometimes family crises bring into sharp relief what's really important in your life and what isn't. I have been this stressed out from them more than once. Once I went and got tranquilizers so I wouldn't blow up at someone and the other, I cut off an LDR. It just didn't seem important anymore. Seemed like work and was only adding to my stress.

Stop being persistent with her. Wish her the best and tell her you understand. Then move on. She knows where to find you if she wants to reach out once things settle down, but don't wait for it because she may be moving on and not just temporarily overwhelmed. Just move on and be civil about it. Good luck.
I know well as hard as itís to let go because I know for a fact I want her and only her. I know she wants me but it boggles my mind how this happened.. I understand her family issues right now but if anything it should of brought us together even closer. I offered all my support I could. I really do feel itís temporary and she is clearly confused and very overwhelmed right now. Everyone has there faults but I donít feel this should of been the end. Your right she knows where I am and how I feel towards her.
Hockey52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 3:49 PM   #52
Established Member
 
CautiouslyOptimistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 4,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey52 View Post
I know well as hard as itís to let go because I know for a fact I want her and only her. I know she wants me but it boggles my mind how this happened.. I understand her family issues right now but if anything it should of brought us together even closer. I offered all my support I could. I really do feel itís temporary and she is clearly confused and very overwhelmed right now. Everyone has there faults but I donít feel this should of been the end. Your right she knows where I am and how I feel towards her.
And your "support" became just one more thing on her to-do list for the day because your support came in the form of time out of her day. You weren't able to do things like drop a meal off for her, take her car for an oil change, run her errands while she visited with grandma. You became an extra responsibility, and I think this is what you're not getting.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 3:52 PM   #53
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,139
i think some of the advice on here is a bit biased.
let me tell u wat i think.
she is manipulative her gf. using her grandma and rubbish as an excuse. she makes no sense and is being very disrespectful to u. let me explain why:
she cant be in love with you. lmao if my sister dumped her husband cos my mum was dying of cancer and she spilled some bull**** excuse like that id laugh if im honest. its obviously complete utter rubbish. a girl who loves u wants you there.

let me give u an example. my best friend lives in paris. his gf lives in london. 2 weeks ago his grandpa died and he came bak to london for the funeral. his gf was there for him. did he dump her? haha no. did he come out with kindergarden crap like " blablabla my emotions and my plate is fulll bla bla bla"

point made.
fred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 3:54 PM   #54
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
And your "support" became just one more thing on her to-do list for the day because your support came in the form of time out of her day. You weren't able to do things like drop a meal off for her, take her car for an oil change, run her errands while she visited with grandma. You became an extra responsibility, and I think this is what you're not getting.
all due respect please stop having a go at the OP. you are being unfair and making him think he has done wrong. this is complete and utter rubbish and another exampl3 of a female blaming the guys fault. this is ridiculous.
fred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 3:56 PM   #55
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
And your "support" became just one more thing on her to-do list for the day because your support came in the form of time out of her day. You weren't able to do things like drop a meal off for her, take her car for an oil change, run her errands while she visited with grandma. You became an extra responsibility, and I think this is what you're not getting.
Oh my Iím sorry for caring and offering what I could.. thatís an excuse if you love someone you do everything you can. Thatís a little to delicate. Because if I could I would. I offered to go there! She said I need to do this on my own. The offer was there
Hockey52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 3:58 PM   #56
Established Member
 
Cookiesandough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 5,284
some people react differently to emotional trauma. Some people want crowded support and some want space and everywhere in between.The bottom line of what CA and preraph could be true...it became more exhausting/a nuisance to remain in the rship and she didn't want it anymore
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 4:04 PM   #57
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
some people react differently to emotional trauma. Some people want crowded support and some want space and everywhere in between.The bottom line of what CA and preraph could be true...it became more exhausting/a nuisance to remain in the rship and she didn't want it anymore
if thats th3 case count yourself lucky. who needs girlfriends like this?!!
fred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 4:05 PM   #58
Established Member
 
CautiouslyOptimistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 4,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey52 View Post
Oh my Iím sorry for caring and offering what I could.. thatís an excuse if you love someone you do everything you can. Thatís a little to delicate. Because if I could I would. I offered to go there! She said I need to do this on my own. The offer was there
You did nothing wrong offering what she could, but you're also not seeing how it was still pressure on her end. And you offered to go there.....for how long?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 4:09 PM   #59
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 5,764
It seems you have a habit of smothering girlfriends.
I've been on the receiving end of that kind of behaviour and it's completely exhausting and a heck of a lot of pressure to put on a partner.

Get some therapy, get some help to stop you behaving this way. It kills attraction and results in the very thing that you don't want to happen.

You need to figure this out and learn to control your emotions and behaviour - please take a break from dating and sort these issues out first.
GemmaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 4:10 PM   #60
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred123 View Post
i think some of the advice on here is a bit biased.
let me tell u wat i think.
she is manipulative her gf. using her grandma and rubbish as an excuse. she makes no sense and is being very disrespectful to u. let me explain why:
she cant be in love with you. lmao if my sister dumped her husband cos my mum was dying of cancer and she spilled some bull**** excuse like that id laugh if im honest. its obviously complete utter rubbish. a girl who loves u wants you there.

let me give u an example. my best friend lives in paris. his gf lives in london. 2 weeks ago his grandpa died and he came bak to london for the funeral. his gf was there for him. did he dump her? haha no. did he come out with kindergarden crap like " blablabla my emotions and my plate is fulll bla bla bla"

point made.
Youíre right thatís how I feel right now and Iím glad someone understands my view. Because I wanted to be there for her more than anything. I offered to fly there and be there with her not thinking of my self but to go because I love her and I wanted to take care of her... Iím just confused right now how this happened and why she did it like this.. I didnít abuse her I didnít do anything? Maybe a little annoying if you want to put it that way but everyone has those issues.. she always told me never let me go you promise you will be here etc I stuck to my promises because I love her and Iím still thereís for her even now but I wonít do any Contact till she does because I can guarantee she will be back
I was just to good and she knows it. Not to say anything it is hard to find people like me...
Hockey52 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Freaking out when girlfriend suggested breakup drove her away eightninevision Breaks and Breaking Up 17 22nd November 2015 10:17 PM
Girlfriend watches lesbian porn and it's freaking me out keegan1 Dating 58 1st November 2015 11:35 PM
Girlfriend freaking out about my location Medium.Lumo Dating 87 5th April 2014 11:59 AM
Girlfriend wants a baby im freaking out fernendo Dating 40 30th May 2013 6:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 8:20 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.