LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

Why Does She Act Like This?


Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree54Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th November 2017, 12:53 PM   #46
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
Okay. I figured that might be a cheeky way to do things. She knows I'm very sarcastic. One day she asked me over text where I was going and I said far far away from you.
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 1:00 PM   #47
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
Alright I sent "You". She responded super quickly like she normally does with "oh yeah?"

Don't really know where to go from here
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 1:01 PM   #48
Established Member
 
d0nnivain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northeastern USA
Posts: 28,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkc2 View Post
Okay. I figured that might be a cheeky way to do things. She knows I'm very sarcastic. One day she asked me over text where I was going and I said far far away from you.

I understand the nature of your banter. I employed that sarcastic style myself at your age. As I matured I grew out of it & realized that it wasn't serving me well.


Seriously, stop dithering with us. Reply to her. Cheeky is fine. Vulgar or insulting are not. If you really want to go for it . . . say something like you in Santa lingerie under my Christmas tree but say something already.


At this point you have had a longer conversation with me -- some strange woman on the internet who is old enough to be your mom -- then you have spoke to her. What does that tell you?
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 1:02 PM   #49
Established Member
 
CautiouslyOptimistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 4,615
Why are you playing so hard to get?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 1:03 PM   #50
Established Member
 
d0nnivain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northeastern USA
Posts: 28,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkc2 View Post
Alright I sent "You". She responded super quickly like she normally does with "oh yeah?"

Don't really know where to go from here

Respond with


Do you think you will fit under my tree?



Now stop with LS & concentrate on her. Call her & go shopping or catch a movie.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 1:04 PM   #51
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
Should also note that she included the 😂 after the "oh yeah?"
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 1:07 PM   #52
Established Member
 
d0nnivain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northeastern USA
Posts: 28,030
Looks around desk for virtual 2x4 to virtually hit rkc2 upside the head with.


Duh . . . the emoticon was redundant. It just drove home the fact that SHE LIKES YOU. Now do something about it.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 1:20 PM   #53
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkc2 View Post
Alright I sent "You". She responded super quickly like she normally does with "oh yeah?"

Don't really know where to go from here
Ask her out, on a proper date.

For heaven's sake, man. You need to stop cloaking your fear of rejection in humour and sarcasm and show a little more confidence. This girl is waiting for you to make a move and you're dropping the ball.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 3:06 PM   #54
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatInItaly View Post
Ask her out, on a proper date.

For heaven's sake, man. You need to stop cloaking your fear of rejection in humour and sarcasm and show a little more confidence. This girl is waiting for you to make a move and you're dropping the ball.
How am I doing that? Because I won't admit that I have a huge interest in her like she has in me? It takes me a while to like a girl. You can't deny that both of us enjoy the joking, touching, butt touching, drinking sharing, Chapstick sharing and all of the other sexual innuendos as well.
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 9:05 PM   #55
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
Respond with


Do you think you will fit under my tree?



Now stop with LS & concentrate on her. Call her & go shopping or catch a movie.
Okay she replied with "For sure. I'll be there with a little bow on my head."

How the hell am I suppose to respond to that?
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2017, 2:34 AM   #56
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkc2 View Post
How am I doing that? Because I won't admit that I have a huge interest in her like she has in me? It takes me a while to like a girl. You can't deny that both of us enjoy the joking, touching, butt touching, drinking sharing, Chapstick sharing and all of the other sexual innuendos as well.
Because you are tying too hard to play hard to get, and you have yet to actually take this girl out.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2017, 8:10 AM   #57
Established Member
 
d0nnivain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northeastern USA
Posts: 28,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkc2 View Post
Okay she replied with "For sure. I'll be there with a little bow on my head."

How the hell am I suppose to respond to that?
Great! Can't wait.

Now ask the girl to do something . . .anything. . . not sexual with you. Try Do you want to go Christmas shopping with me on ______ [insert a day]? When you get to the Mall if the line isn't too long get your picture taken with Santa & give it to her.

You are overthinking this. Just spend time with her.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2017, 10:35 PM   #58
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
So she texted me today and this is how the convo went.

Her: so um were you serious about me being under your tree?
Me: why does it matter?
Her: Because I want to know
Me: It was meant to be a joke. It doesnít have to be though.
Her: Well I donít want it to be a joke
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2017, 2:52 AM   #59
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkc2 View Post
So she texted me today and this is how the convo went.

Her: so um were you serious about me being under your tree?
Me: why does it matter?
Her: Because I want to know
Me: It was meant to be a joke. It doesn’t have to be though.
Her: Well I don’t want it to be a joke
Good grief, man.

If you're trying to drive this girl away, you're going to succeed. Why do you ask for input if you're just going to turn around and say bone-headed things like the above?


I'm out. Good luck!
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2017, 6:04 AM   #60
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
Iím not intentionally trying to do it. The truth is that she has a history of leading guys on so when they actually make a move she turns them down. How that works when she has multiple times maybe like 5 told me that sheís into me and wants to be more than friends when I on the other hand have told her that I just want to be friends Iím not sure.

I donít know how she would justify making those comments multiple times only to have me make a move and then turn me down. I was gonna type more but Iím limited on time right now.
rkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 8:35 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.