Why Does She Act Like This?

• Author

I figured I would come back here and post an update. Over the course of the last month and a half this girl has been rather aggressively pushing for me to see her in some type of way. One night she texted saying "I'm gonna be straight. Are you into me? Do you look at me a certain way? If yes don't be afraid to tell me yes. If no thats fine I just really gotta know." Given how aggressive she has been towards me I responded by saying "yeah, I like you. You are the sister I never had". I did not say this to hurt her or reject but as way to try to tone down her rather aggressive pursuit of me.

We have since then hung out multiple times. The 1st time was when I invited her to a party where we spent a limited amount of time there before we left and spent the rest of the night talking in my car. I think we hung out a total of 8 hours that time. She did seem annoyed with the fact that I had stuff in the back seat of my car.

The thing that has me somewhat concerned is about a post in another thread regarding "love bombing". I looked it up and for the most part this girl has displayed all the signs of it.

I should note that she has been pretty good to me. She has paid for some of meals and food. She has also offered me gas money, which I did not accept.

She appears to really care for me and I guess her actions do back it up but at the same time I'm still skeptical about her and this whole situation.

Yesterday, we went to a football game and she asked me if she is wasting her time by being into me. Which I responded by saying "can't we just be friends". I did text her a little while ago and asked her what her intentions are and she said "My intentions are to have a good time with each other. Make each other laugh. Try new things. I just want to do life with you. Like I just want to get to know you better. Other than that, I don't know.

I know I'm probably going to get a lot of backlash for this but at the same time IDK how somebody can be so head over heels for somebody they don't really even know.

• 2 weeks later...
I figured I would come back here and post an update. Over the course of the last month and a half this girl has been rather aggressively pushing for me to see her in some type of way. One night she texted saying "I'm gonna be straight. Are you into me? Do you look at me a certain way? If yes don't be afraid to tell me yes. If no thats fine I just really gotta know." Given how aggressive she has been towards me I responded by saying "yeah, I like you. You are the sister I never had". I did not say this to hurt her or reject but as way to try to tone down her rather aggressive pursuit of me.

We have since then hung out multiple times. The 1st time was when I invited her to a party where we spent a limited amount of time there before we left and spent the rest of the night talking in my car. I think we hung out a total of 8 hours that time. She did seem annoyed with the fact that I had stuff in the back seat of my car.

The thing that has me somewhat concerned is about a post in another thread regarding "love bombing". I looked it up and for the most part this girl has displayed all the signs of it.

I should note that she has been pretty good to me. She has paid for some of meals and food. She has also offered me gas money, which I did not accept.

She appears to really care for me and I guess her actions do back it up but at the same time I'm still skeptical about her and this whole situation.

Yesterday, we went to a football game and she asked me if she is wasting her time by being into me. Which I responded by saying "can't we just be friends". I did text her a little while ago and asked her what her intentions are and she said "My intentions are to have a good time with each other. Make each other laugh. Try new things. I just want to do life with you. Like I just want to get to know you better. Other than that, I don't know.

I know I'm probably going to get a lot of backlash for this but at the same time IDK how somebody can be so head over heels for somebody they don't really even know.

She’s infatuated with you. I had a friend of mine be infatuated over a girl for about a year and he never knew her. I assuming she is very attracted to you. She seems to love your personality and she must think you’re really attractive. She seems to want to build a relationship with you, the signs are all there. Most girls play games and play hard to get. This girl is straight up throwing herself at you. That is hard to come by and you should take this opportunity, unless you don’t want to, then again you said she was hot so why not!

• Author

I've been talking to this girl for a couple of months and there is just so much sexual tension between us that its almost unreal. coworkers making comments etc etc.

Anyway she texted the other night asking me what I wanted for christmas I have yet to respond to her and would like a cocky/witty response. I have tried to keep her at bay by telling her we should just be friends when she tells me she is into me and wants to be more than friends.

I was thinking of saying "a piece of ass" or "just you" but I feel like that might be too much. I have told her that I don't like when people buy me gifts and things so its odd that she is offering to buy me a gift for xmas

CautiouslyOptimistic
I've been talking to this girl for a couple of months and there is just so much sexual tension between us that its almost unreal. coworkers making comments etc etc.

Anyway she texted the other night asking me what I wanted for christmas I have yet to respond to her and would like a cocky/witty response. I have tried to keep her at bay by telling her we should just be friends when she tells me she is into me and wants to be more than friends.

I was thinking of saying "a piece of ass" or "just you" but I feel like that might be too much. I have told her that I don't like when people buy me gifts and things so its odd that she is offering to buy me a gift for xmas

Classy.

How about just asking for a date?

• Author
Classy.

How about just asking for a date?

it's suppose to be a joke. We have technically hung out/ gone on a date. I've tried my best to appear like I'm not interested so if i did say that she might take it as I'm now interested? I could always back peddle out of it though.

CautiouslyOptimistic
it's suppose to be a joke. We have technically hung out/ gone on a date. I've tried my best to appear like I'm not interested so if i did say that she might take it as I'm now interested? I could always back peddle out of it though.

So are you interested or not?

• Author

I think I am. I've just been pretending not to be. She's just been very aggressive with me and I thought she might be trying to love bomb me. I sensed that from the beginning so I decided to keep my distance and tread lightly. Maybe I miss all the attention and her blowing up my phone. She's definitely not MIA but the obsessive behavior has died down.

You missed the boat on the cocky / witty response. Anything sent more than 5 minutes later is well thought out & contrived.

"A piece of ass" is simply crude. It also implies that it's not about your desire for her. "Her ass" said in the moments after the text was sent would be vulgar but would at lease be about her not just some desire on your part to have sex with anyone.

At this point, I'd keep it PG rated because it's too late to go hard core sexual. My inclination is to say something about wanting to meet her under some mistletoe. If you want to press your luck say something like the chance to kiss her at midnight on NYE somewhere private. My way you get a date for New Years -- whether you go out together or stay in to be determined.

• Author
You missed the boat on the cocky / witty response. Anything sent more than 5 minutes later is well thought out & contrived.

"A piece of ass" is simply crude. It also implies that it's not about your desire for her. "Her ass" said in the moments after the text was sent would be vulgar but would at lease be about her not just some desire on your part to have sex with anyone.

At this point, I'd keep it PG rated because it's too late to go hard core sexual. My inclination is to say something about wanting to meet her under some mistletoe. If you want to press your luck say something like the chance to kiss her at midnight on NYE somewhere private. My way you get a date for New Years -- whether you go out together or stay in to be determined.

I agree. Although I think there is a good chance she would be probably smile at the ass comment, it's been over 72 hours since she sent and I don't think it would have the same effect. The other thing I could say is that we have this inside joke where she thinks I have a nice fat ass. She's told me and other people, has touched it several times, taken a video of it and sent it to me at a later date, etc. I could tell her butt injections so my butt is bigger than hers? I'm not sure.

Just to clear things up I'm a guy and I work out. Hence the nice round firm butt lol

mortensorchid

I could have guessed you were those ages / that you were young based on the banter. Having this is mind ...

If you like her, keep your reply classy and not trashy. Even if you don't like her THAT WAY keep it classy not trashy.

Be mature about it. Ask her out on a real date. Get to know here. Sex will come . You either want sex or a relationship with this girl. Choose one. She is young so be careful (I know you are young too). But at 19, she's at an age where there will be plenty of guys for her to explore. Just be prepared for that.

• Author
Be mature about it. Ask her out on a real date. Get to know here. Sex will come . You either want sex or a relationship with this girl. Choose one. She is young so be careful (I know you are young too). But at 19, she's at an age where there will be plenty of guys for her to explore. Just be prepared for that.

Really not trying to just bang her. I think that's definitely what she wants though. I've never been the one to just hook up with girls even though I very well could if I wanted to and she knows this. I think that makes myself somewhat of a challenge to her. I'm not easy, I'm not easily impressed either. This could explain her endearment towards me.

You're waiting far too long to respond. 72 hours now? You need to step it up if you want this to go somewhere.

I agree with the others, don't go for the frat-boy "a piece of ass" reply.

If you want to ask her out, now would be the time to ask for a date for Christmas. The ship is going to sail otherwise. Trying to be a challenge is one thing, but she will eventually tire of it if she starts getting attention from someone else.

• Author
You're waiting far too long to respond. 72 hours now? You need to step it up if you want this to go somewhere.

I agree with the others, don't go for the frat-boy "a piece of ass" reply.

If you want to ask her out, now would be the time to ask for a date for Christmas. The ship is going to sail otherwise. Trying to be a challenge is one thing, but she will eventually tire of it if she starts getting attention from someone else.

We have hung out multiple times outside of work. One time we actually hung out in my car at night for 6 hours and just talked. I do give her attention just in person or at work. I'm not very good at texting. I find it annoying and hard to really connect with someone through text.

Could I respond with just "You"? Even though it's been 3 days.

Could I respond with just "You"? Even though it's been 3 days.

Yes, but that would have been more effective 3 days ago. Better late then never.

• Author

Would it be bad to say "you" followed up with a "whoops sorry wrong person".

Since she started showing interest in me I have given her a hard time. Teasing her and kinda just being a dick. She knows I'm joking cause she feeds into so I feel like if I said that she would know I'm lying anyways and play into.

Would it be bad to say "you" followed up with a "whoops sorry wrong person".

That would be terrible. Don't do it.

In person if she could see you wink or grin or some other non-verbal thing to negate the words it might be a OK tease. Over text, even with an emoji it will be very very bad. Don't do it.

• Like 1
  • Author

Okay. I figured that might be a cheeky way to do things. She knows I'm very sarcastic. One day she asked me over text where I was going and I said far far away from you.

• Author

Alright I sent "You". She responded super quickly like she normally does with "oh yeah?"

Don't really know where to go from here

Okay. I figured that might be a cheeky way to do things. She knows I'm very sarcastic. One day she asked me over text where I was going and I said far far away from you.

I understand the nature of your banter. I employed that sarcastic style myself at your age. As I matured I grew out of it & realized that it wasn't serving me well.

Seriously, stop dithering with us. Reply to her. Cheeky is fine. Vulgar or insulting are not. If you really want to go for it . . . say something like you in Santa lingerie under my Christmas tree but say something already.

At this point you have had a longer conversation with me -- some strange woman on the internet who is old enough to be your mom -- then you have spoke to her. What does that tell you?

• Like 1
Alright I sent "You". She responded super quickly like she normally does with "oh yeah?"

Don't really know where to go from here

Respond with

Do you think you will fit under my tree?

Now stop with LS & concentrate on her. Call her & go shopping or catch a movie.

• Like 1