Men don't need marriage!

If she hadn't signed the Prenup, he wouldn't have married her. They would've broken up.

In defense of Wog here, he has been screwed over by most women in his life. Starting with his mom, who let him down the most and messed up his head. He's in therapy for this stuff.

I can understand his apprehension, and he's very lucky that he has a woman in his life now who "gets" him and isn't going to bail on him when he feels insecure or worried about her leaving him.

I do agree, men leave and cause just as much as heartache as women. It isn't one sided.

Thanks WWIU for clearing that up. I wasn't aware of how in depth this went. I did know it started with his mother though, but thats where most all future problems are, is from past things.

I'm glad you are in counseling though Woggle, at least you have a sounding board and a way to vent, and you do here too. :)

You know marriage is totally not for alot of people I get that. But their are alot of GUYS out there, good ones that want to settle down and share their world with one person. I take it you are one of the ones that don't. And I won't knock you. Sounds like you want your cake and eat it too and that is totally what you should do if you know in your heart that you could never be a one woman man. You must be a saggitarius, aquarius, aries, or a gemini. I bet you are one of those signs. Anyway, marriage is a great thing. And it takes two people that love eachother to make it work.

My Fair Katie

I'm married, and yet My Fair Husband and I aren't all that into the concept of marriage. But it gives us certain legal rights we wouldn't otherwise have. And I have to say, I like being married to him and he says he likes being married to me.

My Fair Husband would get along just fine without me, he was doing so when we met. But, he chooses to share his life with me, and I feel honored for that.

When she walks out on you and blames you for everything wrong in her life causing her to go for the kill in divorce court don't say I didn't warn you.
If that ever happened to us, I'd give her the entire farm, plus the shirt on my back......I came from nothing, it won't be hard doing it a second time.....
Picking_thru_Garbage
If that ever happened to us, I'd give her the entire farm, plus the shirt on my back......I came from nothing, it won't be hard doing it a second time.....

Oh man, what a sap

Oh man, what a sap
Do you really think so?

I don't.

I look at it this way.....you can deal with something like this the way Woggle, and countless others do, and let this kind of thing fester inside and get you to the point of hatred, OR.....

Be prepared for the possibilities, never letting anything or anybody OWN you, then you won't be disppointed or even phased when/if you do lose it all.....

In the end, (if there ever is one), I can say without hesitation that I CHOSE to be married and I CHOSE to be with my wife until death, it would have to be her choice to do the same, or take what we've built and be done with it.

Either way, I'll be just fine....

Picking_thru_Garbage

Sure. As long as you don't mind washing the new husband's BMW she bought for him with the money she took after leaving you with nothing. Be my guest.

Nowadays.....marriage really doesn't make sense to me. I did it once. It was nice while it lasted. I've had one other long term relationship and I have a child from each relationship. 1 I raise on my own and the other I raise jointly but separately with her mother.

She moved out 7-8 months ago and life has been soooo much better since then. I can make my own decisions about money, groceries, my kids, what I do with my spare time and WHEN. I can get up in the middle of the night without having to explain to someone what I'm doing or why.

I go to sleep every night and wake up everyday knowing that I am the master of my destiny. I have to compromise at work an in my public life...but at home...no compromises. It's my way or the highway as they say.

Do I expect any woman to want someone like me? No...not really. I'm probably the least fit for a lifetime partner right now. Would I change my mind? Maybe...if the right woman came along.

But even so....I would likely just live with her instead of marrying her. In the meantime I can date for fun, hang out with friends and live life to the fullest.....argument free.

Whats the deal with all these men in rediculous marriages. No man needs to be married for any reason whatsoever. Men can stay single and still do everything they want, including having kids. Why are all these guys suckered into marriage by some broad then they are unhappy for decades?

Unmarried men who have kids still have to pay for them so WTF is reason to marry the mother? A guy can keep his own pad (100% his own) and keep total autonomy over his assets and money if he's single. He can date whomever he wants and have multiple g/f. This is man's true nature. He can concentrate on his work/career/hobby, etc....all unencumbered by some female.

Just the thought of being stuck with one woman forever (including the afterlife) makes me totally sick. :sick:

Just popping in and haven't read the entire thread. But, I agree with you Alpha. I don't think I'll ever get married. There are soooo many unhappily married people in this world.

Some of the loneliest times of my life has been when I was IN a relationship!

Also, the thought of being with the same man forever...well, I get anxiety from that thought. I like things my way. The only thing a man would do is come in and try to control me anyways. That's all the other guys did.

It goes both ways, alpha. :)

Don't need to buy the whole pig, if you just want some sausage. :cool:

Sure. As long as you don't mind washing the new husband's BMW she bought for him with the money she took after leaving you with nothing. Be my guest.
IF there's a man out there who would be able to steal my wife from me, he deserves something better than a BMW......
The man has a point. He may be expressing it in a juvenile and abrasive way, but he's not all wrong. Even in spite of some of your stupid ad-hominem attacks.

Women's lib has given many women a justification to have incredible disdain for doing anything nice for their husbands. Preparing a nice dinner and making a pleasant home for their husband to come to is considered demeaning now. As though she's a slave, or a "stepford wife".

So ask around and see what a married man will tell you .. Good chance the next one will complain that after a long day of work and an exhausting commute, he has a better than 90% chance of coming home to a bitchy wife who's just waiting, hands on hips, to unload on him. Dinner is often not ready because it's "his turn" or it's let's go out. The house is a mess, but hey, she's not a maid you know. Never mind that she doesn't work outside the house .. but don't you DARE call her a housewife.

And because women are "empowered", he'd better not complain. So now that he's home, he needs to "do his share", meaning he needs to help with the dishes, and the laundry and what have you. And after all that crap, you only need to read this board section to see what kind of sex a husband can expect.

And don't give me that the husband is a bum. Yes, some are, but for the most part most are good. I work with these guys day in and day out. The henpecked husband may be a humorous figure in comedy shows, but it's a common reality.

The worst part is that the price of rebellion, is no sex and emotional abuse all backed by the underlying threat of using the court system to take away access to his children, his home, and his assets.

So is marriage a bad deal? Just look at the statistics 52% failure rate. Of the remaining 48%, I'll bet three quarters of them are unhappy, but stay for the sake of the kids, or whatever other reason having nothing to do with love.

I'm NOT saying that women should be slaves NO, they shouldn't, but they shouldn't be dogging out men who are at least trying to be good husbands. I've said before in other posts, I'm REALLY thinking about NEVER marrying. To find a more traditional woman, OOPS!:p:lmao: I just offended just about ALL women on here, Anyway, like I was saying, To find a more traditional woman these days, one would have to hop a flight to Japan! And even then, there's no way to tell if they have caught us to us yet, until you got there.:eek:

justagirlforever

Alas I have to say I would agree. But I now know why. I gave too much (i.e. everything) and received too little (i.e. nothing) in return. Stupid me - I'm learning :)

Not sure if I'll ever want to marry either. In fact when I was 18, I vowed I never would.

I grew up very conservatively without a dad or father figure. And when I was 18, I went to live with a family for a year in a foreign country and work as an Au Pair (to look after kids within a family environment). As it happened, they already had another Au Pair who was also living in the house, but worked in the family business and no longer with the children.

She had an affair with the father. The sorrow it caused the wife (and arguments I had to pretend not to hear behind closed doors at night) was unbearable for me to see and take in. I couldn't understand how such a thing could happen. The idealistic image I had about marriage was shattered.

And then vowed that if that's what it's like to be married, I'd never want to be.

Now, of course I know I can't base that one case on married life in general - I'm relatively wise enough to know that now. But it certainly opened my eyes and saddened me in a way I could never have otherwise experienced.

That's life and relationships for you hey?

• Author
Why do you have such a strong dislike for women?

Actually, I love women...thats why I won't marry again. And I think just hanging with one woman for the rest of my life would be boring. Variety is the spice of life.

So is marriage a bad deal? Just look at the statistics 52% failure rate. Of the remaining 48%, I'll bet three quarters of them are unhappy, but stay for the sake of the kids, or whatever other reason having nothing to do with love.

yea and that 52% failure rate is for the 1st marriage....subsequent marriages have even higher failure rates.

I'm married, and yet My Fair Husband and I aren't all that into the concept of marriage. But it gives us certain legal rights we wouldn't otherwise have. And I have to say, I like being married to him and he says he likes being married to me.

thats fine n' dandy MFK as long as your marriage is good and lasts....the chances are higher that it won't last.

She moved out 7-8 months ago and life has been soooo much better since then. I can make my own decisions about money, groceries, my kids, what I do with my spare time and WHEN. I can get up in the middle of the night without having to explain to someone what I'm doing or why.

I go to sleep every night and wake up everyday knowing that I am the master of my destiny.

Isn't that the best SCRYBE?? Life is waaaaay too short to share it with someone else.

Just popping in and haven't read the entire thread. But, I agree with you Alpha. I don't think I'll ever get married. There are soooo many unhappily married people in this world.

tell me about it sister!

Also, the thought of being with the same man forever...well, I get anxiety from that thought. I like things my way. The only thing a man would do is come in and try to control me anyways. That's all the other guys did.

It goes both ways, alpha. :)

yea I agree

I just have to say that women raise men to be what they are, mothers raise little boys to become men and so it makes sense that when they are older they still need a women helping them to continue to grow up. Hopefully that woman has his best interests in mine. Sound like from some of these women haters that there mothers might not have had their best interest in mind and might have been a little selfish. When you are talking about adults, well, what can you do, but when you are talking about kids there is no room for selfishness. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience as a child.

• Author
Sound like from some of these women haters that there mothers might not have had their best interest in mind and might have been a little selfish.

so basically these "woman haters" were created by women? is that your point? well you're right because women tend to be much more selfish than men. a woman's world revolves around herself.

so basically these "woman haters" were created by women? is that your point? well you're right because women tend to be much more selfish than men. a woman's world revolves around herself.

Actually, women haters were are by men who are unable to get past their negative experiences with women, whether it being stubborness or immaturity, so instead of getting back on their horses and focus on the positives, they do what is easier for them, and that would be to generalize and assume about women.

The radio show is all about that attitude.

Marriage is not for everyone and has an incredible failure rate. However, when it works, it works far better than a string partial relationships.

Think of it as a math problem.

Figuring out one woman is hard enough for a guy. Figuring out 2, 3 , 4 or more women and keeping them interested in satisfying some need of yours is a magnitude order more difficult and expensive.

Yes, in your case (I am guessing), but contraty to the one bad apple spoils the lot, i don't think it is fair to generalize. I mean if I wanted to generalize, by your screen name it's probrably best that you don't get in a relationship beause you will only end up hurting and dissapointing someone. In my marriage I am the care taker and I did enjoy it for a while, I felt is was my job as a women, but then as I got older I realized that my job is to love my H not enbale him to not do his fair share.

Also, I am not sure how women, again your generalization are selfish, they carry a baby for 9 months spend hours in painful labor, breastfeed for 10 months (not sure exact) get them dressed and fed for years to come I think that is very unselfish. Am agina, I am saying that this applies to MOST women.

• Author
Also, I am not sure how women, again your generalization are selfish, they carry a baby for 9 months spend hours in painful labor, breastfeed for 10 months (not sure exact) get them dressed and fed for years to come I think that is very unselfish. Am agina, I am saying that this applies to MOST women.

most women have children to fulfill their own selfish needs....somehow it makes them "complete" and feeds their ego to have this little infant totally dependent on them. Also the infant(s) help to keep some dumb man around and paying all the bills.

Well, PG, if you are 18, then you are not supposed to want to get married. Yeah, you, and anyone of your age, ought to be out there having fun, seeing what's out there and - ahem - honing your skills.

Given your screen name and your tone, you sound like a guy who isn't breaking any hearts with your proclamation so probably a win-win situation for all concerned.

Truth is, marriage IS a lot of work and most of them fail because people just don't want to do that work. Which is their prerogative of course.

I have been single and married and in cohabiting relationships. Personally, I like being able to carve "me" time into my life but I prefer being with someone to being single. In the end, like pretty much everything else, it boils down to a cost/benefit ratio.

Right now my marriage is in a bad phase and I can't even say it won't end in divorce. But it won't be because I didn't try my best.

Salicious Crumb
Whats the deal with all these men in rediculous marriages. No man needs to be married for any reason whatsoever. Men can stay single and still do everything they want, including having kids. Why are all these guys suckered into marriage by some broad then they are unhappy for decades?

man...I'm vulnerable here....don't tempt me to vent in aggreement here...LOL

If a guy does not want to stay he won't. In my experience, my parents divorced when I was five and my dad got custody of us all, and NO my mom did not pay any bills, thus his reason for taking us. He took us because he could provide better for us and because he loves us. Do i would not say he was "dumb" but yes, he is a MAN.

most women have children to fulfill their own selfish needs....somehow it makes them "complete" and feeds their ego to have this little infant totally dependent on them. Also the infant(s) help to keep some dumb man around and paying all the bills.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is one of the most ridiculous posts that I have ever read.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is one of the most ridiculous posts that I have ever read.

A huge over-generalization. Have I ever known women like this? Yes.

However, it is a neurotic tendency, not a trait associated with a healthy woman.

Alas I have to say I would agree. But I now know why. I gave too much (i.e. everything) and received too little (i.e. nothing) in return. Stupid me - I'm learning :)

Yes. This happened to me as well. I don't think I'll ever have the guts to trust another man. I would be better off just staying single.

The idealistic image I had about marriage was shattered.

I used to have that "idealistic image" as well. It's just a fantasy..not reality. Seriously. Not a bad thing, just facing reality.

And then vowed that if that's what it's like to be married, I'd never want to be.

Now, of course I know I can't base that one case on married life in general - I'm relatively wise enough to know that now. But it certainly opened my eyes and saddened me in a way I could never have otherwise experienced.

I know a guy that struggled for years with being single. He would be depressed, because he didn't have someone to share his life with.

Well, he finally met the perfect woman for him. He was saved!

It was a whirlwind romance. They were married less than a year later.

Now, when I see him...he is miserable. She is super controlling, and he has no freedom anymore to do anything. She keeps him on a short leash...so to say.

Now, I just feel sorry for him. Poor guy. He should have just stayed single. Dang. He was better off.

But, some people think that in order to be happy, they need to have the significant other in their life.

Bull****! That's what I say to that. :cool: