Men don't need marriage!

Sounds attractive now, but what about when you're 70, retired and have no-one to talk to from one day to the next.

You can always move to Florida and live in The Villages. Plenty of social activity there.

Why are all these guys suckered into marriage by some broad then they are unhappy for decades?

Had a bad relationship with your mother? Scarred so bad by a woman that you feel ALL women are like this? I understand this is your opinon or view but something had to have made you feel this way to even have that opinon or view to begin with.

The man has a point. He may be expressing it in a juvenile and abrasive way, but he's not all wrong. Even in spite of some of your stupid ad-hominem attacks.

Women's lib has given many women a justification to have incredible disdain for doing anything nice for their husbands. Preparing a nice dinner and making a pleasant home for their husband to come to is considered demeaning now. As though she's a slave, or a "stepford wife".

So ask around and see what a married man will tell you .. Good chance the next one will complain that after a long day of work and an exhausting commute, he has a better than 90% chance of coming home to a bitchy wife who's just waiting, hands on hips, to unload on him. Dinner is often not ready because it's "his turn" or it's let's go out. The house is a mess, but hey, she's not a maid you know. Never mind that she doesn't work outside the house .. but don't you DARE call her a housewife.

And because women are "empowered", he'd better not complain. So now that he's home, he needs to "do his share", meaning he needs to help with the dishes, and the laundry and what have you. And after all that crap, you only need to read this board section to see what kind of sex a husband can expect.

And don't give me that the husband is a bum. Yes, some are, but for the most part most are good. I work with these guys day in and day out. The henpecked husband may be a humorous figure in comedy shows, but it's a common reality.

The worst part is that the price of rebellion, is no sex and emotional abuse all backed by the underlying threat of using the court system to take away access to his children, his home, and his assets.

So is marriage a bad deal? Just look at the statistics 52% failure rate. Of the remaining 48%, I'll bet three quarters of them are unhappy, but stay for the sake of the kids, or whatever other reason having nothing to do with love.

This is why men should never ever marry a feminist. Get her views on gender before you even agree to be exclusive. Feminists have a built in disdain towards men and view any love or kindness towards a man as submission.

i'm going to live with my mother forever

Said Norman....

Oh you all knew that was coming...I'm just joking! B4R knows that! :love:

This is why men should never ever marry a feminist. Get her views on gender before you even agree to be exclusive. Feminists have a built in disdain towards men and view any love or kindness towards a man as submission.

That's a rare find here in America. You'd really have to move away to find something like that. I grew up from the age of 3 in a Latin American country. After having been gone for years, I came back to visit some friends.

I noticed a huge difference between the marriages there and the ones here. To give you an idea, I went to the kitchen to grab a beer for myself and my friend while we were hanging out in the patio. His wife got all over my case for doing that. She told me to ask her and she'll bring it. The kitchen is her domain.

The marriages there aren't always all good, but I saw way more good ones there than here. Couples are loving towards each other. The men know that their wives will stand by them through just about anything and the men feel a huge sense of resopnsibility for providing.

The kitchen is her domain.

Yes, and what if one night she didn't want to cook, or wanted to work.

The men know that their wives will stand by them through just about anything and the men feel a huge sense of resopnsibility for providing.

Sounds like the old school way. Women at home in the kitchen while hubby goes to work and provides...

I'm sure they're a loving and happy couple, but they've stuck the to traditional roles of what a husband and wife should be.

That's a rare find here in America. You'd really have to move away to find something like that. I grew up from the age of 3 in a Latin American country. After having been gone for years, I came back to visit some friends.

I noticed a huge difference between the marriages there and the ones here. To give you an idea, I went to the kitchen to grab a beer for myself and my friend while we were hanging out in the patio. His wife got all over my case for doing that. She told me to ask her and she'll bring it. The kitchen is her domain.

The marriages there aren't always all good, but I saw way more good ones there than here. Couples are loving towards each other. The men know that their wives will stand by them through just about anything and the men feel a huge sense of resopnsibility for providing.

I am not looking for a maid and I certainly do not think of my wife as that but she is certainly no feminist. She actually likes men and views marriage as a partnership rather than a dictatorship over the man. There are more woman than you think who don't buy into the feminist crap.

There are more woman than you think who don't buy into the feminist crap.

I agree. And, just so you know, women can believe in feminism and not be a controlling beyotch. Not all are feminist bible thumpers!

I agree. And, just so you know, women can believe in feminism and not be a controlling beyotch. Not all are feminist bible thumpers!

This is true but that word is beyond redemption. Every man should sign a prenup as well in case the marriage goes sour. It gives him an easy out.

Every man should sign a prenup as well in case the marriage goes sour. It gives him an easy out.

Then since I am getting married in May, I better get to signing on the dotted line.

IMO, if you go into a marriage with a negative view of things and strongly feel "in case the marriage goes sour and gives him a easy way out," then you had one foot out the door before you even said "I do."

Citizen Erased

I am making my bf sign a pre-nup when we eventually marry. Because I will be earning more money then him and wish to protect my assets, and potentially my children. Because I am female most people think that means I am being a cold-bitch, but I just think it is best to settle these things when you are in love, rather then when you hate each other.

Every man should sign a prenup as well in case the marriage goes sour. It gives him an easy out.

Then since I am getting married in May, I better get to signing on the dotted line.

IMO, if you go into a marriage with a negative view of things and strongly feel "in case the marriage goes sour and gives him a easy way out," then you had one foot out the door before you even said "I do."

To me a prenup is like signing an oath. If a woman is worth my time she will sign a prenup and you would do yourseld good by making your wife to be sign one. If she won't call off the marriage.

justagirlforever

Funny that Woggle - you sound like a very bitter and twisted sexist, chauvenistic, misogynist in the extreme.

To me a prenup is like signing an oath. If a woman is worth my time she will sign a prenup and you would do yourseld good by making your wife to be sign one. If she won't call off the marriage.

I'm one to want to work on the marriage though Woggle, if things go wrong or we hit a bump in the road as most people do. I just can't see myself ducking tail and running because something is not going right or my way.

I make decent money, not lots and lots, but decent, so does she. So since I'm not worth thousands of millions of dollars, thats another reason I don't feel I need to.

I guess people have to do what they feel is best for them.

Funny that Woggle - you sound like a very bitter and twisted sexist, chauvenistic, misogynist in the extreme.

I am just telling the truth. I was raised by a feminist who called my her liitle future oppressor so I know what feminism is about. I don't hate women but I do hate women who hate me.

I'm one to want to work on the marriage though Woggle, if things go wrong or we hit a bump in the road as most people do. I just can't see myself ducking tail and running because something is not going right or my way.

I make decent money, not lots and lots, but decent, so does she. So since I'm not worth thousands of millions of dollars, thats another reason I don't feel I need to.

I guess people have to do what they feel is best for them.

When she walks out on you and blames you for everything wrong in her life causing her to go for the kill in divorce court don't say I didn't warn you.

Citizen Erased
I am just telling the truth. I was raised by a feminist who called my her liitle future oppressor so I know what feminism is about. I don't hate women but I do hate women who hate me.

Yes but by all your accounts of your mother, the fact that she was a feminist is not the problem. The fact that she is/was? an insane evil cow is.

When she walks out on you and blames you for everything wrong in her life causing her to go for the kill in divorce court don't say I didn't warn you.

OK Woggle, thanks for the warning. BUT, what makes you think she will do that? I'm not saying she will or wont, because I do NOT know that, and neither do you. Have you already made it up in your mind that your wife is going to do this to you? LIke I said, it seems you had one foot already out the door before you even married her. Why did you get married then? JUst trying to understand, thats all.

Yes but by all your accounts of your mother, the fact that she was a feminist is not the problem. The fact that she is/was? an insane evil cow is.

Before she embraced feminism she was not like that. She got involved with a women's group and became a monster.

OK Woggle, thanks for the warning. BUT, what makes you think she will do that? I'm not saying she will or wont, because I do NOT know that, and neither do you. Have you already made it up in your mind that your wife is going to do this to you? LIke I said, it seems you had one foot already out the door before you even married her. Why did you get married then? JUst trying to understand, thats all.

She is a woman so of course there is a big chance of her doing that. A prenup is the oath that she won't do that. My wife signed that oath with no protest so she has gained my trust.

She is a woman so of course there is a big chance of her doing that. A prenup is the oath that she won't do that. My wife signed that oath with no protest so she has gained my trust.

If she had not signed that paper, she wouldn't of had your trust? However long you dated before you got married, you didn't trust her until she signed that paper?

You do not think men are capable of running out on women? You make it sound like its all the women who do the running out, or cause all the heartaches.

If she hadn't signed the Prenup, he wouldn't have married her. They would've broken up.

In defense of Wog here, he has been screwed over by most women in his life. Starting with his mom, who let him down the most and messed up his head. He's in therapy for this stuff.

I can understand his apprehension, and he's very lucky that he has a woman in his life now who "gets" him and isn't going to bail on him when he feels insecure or worried about her leaving him.

I do agree, men leave and cause just as much as heartache as women. It isn't one sided.