Fathers and abortion

Many men have to raise and care for children they did not want too.

I think in all fairness they should have a say as well.

That's true! And I think they do have a "say" but ultimately it's the mother's decision. If they don't want the child they should've been extra careful because once it's on the way, they can't do much about it besides pushing the pregnant GF down a flight of stairs. Then there goes the relationship.:o And now he's got a murder charge on his hands. :p

If in the case that he does want it and she doesn't, it's still her decision. Although some dads are raising and caring for kids they don't want, they have the option to bail. Unfortunately.

That's true! And I think they do have a "say" but ultimately it's the mother's decision. If they don't want the child they should've been extra careful because once it's on the way, they can't do much about it besides pushing the pregnant GF down a flight of stairs. Then there goes the relationship.:o And now he's got a murder charge on his hands. :p

If in the case that he does want it and she doesn't, it's still her decision. Although some dads are raising and caring for kids they don't want, they have the option to bail. Unfortunately.

Well I got to wonder if so many women would engage in sex knowing that a man had an option to legally bail if a pregnancy occured and he could actually opt out by signing off on rights. In most cases it is up to the woman to allow sex.

(rape aside). So if she knows up front she could be stuck with a kid and he could just walk away. Maybe more women would just say NO?

You can say it is both their responsibility to make sure pregnancy does not happen..... but I really think the man trap sits in the back of many womens minds..(few are willing to admit it tho)... once his pants come off she has him by the balls no matter what.

Well I got to wonder if so many women would engage in sex knowing that a man had an option to legally bail if a pregnancy occured and he could actually opt out by signing off on rights. In most cases it is up to the woman to allow sex.

(rape aside). So if she knows up front she could be stuck with a kid and he could just walk away. Maybe more women would just say NO?

You can say it is both their responsibility to make sure pregnancy does not happen..... but I really think the man trap sits in the back of many womens minds..(few are willing to admit it tho)... once his pants come off she has him by the balls no matter what.

So true! But because of this, her having him by the balls if she so chooses to, I'd be extremely careful if I didn't want a baby because he really doesn't have much of a choice in the matter if it happens.

Also, women should always keep in the back of their minds that he can bail. I think most know this, but we still have sex. It's not realistic that we say no because of what could possibly happen. Everyone knows that pregnancy is a possibility.

So true! But because of this, her having him by the balls if she so chooses to, I'd be extremely careful if I didn't want a baby because he really doesn't have much of a choice in the matter if it happens.

Also, women should always keep in the back of their minds that he can bail. I think most know this, but we still have sex. It's not realistic that we say no because of what could possibly happen. Everyone knows that pregnancy is a possibility.

Yeah but the law is still on the womens side..... she keeps this in the back of her head too. women lie lie lie about this. Luckily my H thwarted his X with her tilted uterus story :lmao: :lmao: He was smart covered his own ass as well.

Yeah but the law is still on the womens side..... she keeps this in the back of her head too. women lie lie lie about this. Luckily my H thwarted his X with her tilted uterus story :lmao: :lmao: He was smart covered his own ass as well.

Tilted uterus! That's a new one. More creative than the common "I'm on the pill"! That's what I mean though, a guy has to cover his ass (penis in this case) unless this could happen, and he really has no choice in it if it does.

Hubby's one of the smart ones!

Right. I always think seriously whenever my pubic area is swollen and pulsating with desire. :laugh: Yeah that's gonna happen.

People are sexually irresponsible because their brain functioning is termporarily interrupted by diverted blood flow. Kidding, but honestly, your theory would only work assuming that every person who engages in sexual activity (a) thinks about things before they act and (b) are even cognitively capable of abstract thought.

No offense but not many people can think at all, about anything, much less be sexually responsible.

To the OP: No, fathers should not have rights regarding pregnancy because they do nothing to grow the fetus. Their function ends after the orgasm and they don't deal with the arduous process, 9 farking months, I might add.

And let me also factor in the psychological implications. I mean. Being nurtured in an environment where your biological mother hates the fact that she has to trudge around feeding that little symbiot. Perish the thought.

I've been pregnant and alone. It sucks.

Tilted uterus! That's a new one. More creative than the common "I'm on the pill"! That's what I mean though, a guy has to cover his ass (penis in this case) unless this could happen, and he really has no choice in it if it does.

Hubby's one of the smart ones!

yeah but b8tch woman do this kinda crap all the time.... I think the man has the right to opt out...... this BS.... think if he fell for it. I mean he was young too like teens to early 20s...... sheesh. They don't teach young men this. They need to. I tell young men about the man trap without the dark details of course.

RecordProducer
They ARE our babies too. The curent scientific proof, child support and parenting laws say so.
There is no such thing as fetus support, is it? Actually current scientific proof says that men don't carry and deliver babies.

If you know of someone who did, he must be an exception! :laugh:

Pegnancy and abortion are inexoribly combined. You can't say one is shared and not the other without being admittedly unfair.

As Genegri said PREGNANCY IS NOT SHARED. It's going on in our bodies, not yours. It's the woman who can die during labor (or abortion), not the man.cOnce the baby is out - it's yours, too.

I've always thought this was unfair. Yes, it's a woman's body but lets be honest. The majority of abortions are not because the woman doesn't want to deal with the 9 months of pregnancy, it's what she gets after the 9 months is up that is the main reason she wants to get rid of it. But men don't get this choice. They are locked in for life if their wife/gf/one night stand decides to keep the kid. They get NO say. My solution if the woman wants to keep the child is that the man has a 3 month period from the time he is notified that the woman is pregnant to sign away all rights. BUT, just like an abortion, the termination of rights is permanent. Period. There can be NO reason later in life that he has any preferential treatment than a stranger to the child.

There is really no solution for the situation when the man wants the child and the woman doesn't. Even if a woman was forced to have the child, there would be no way to force a woman to take care of herself. So a woman out of bitterness could drink daily or do many other things that could cause permanent damage to a child she plans to hand over the day it is born. What incentive (other than basic human integrity) does she have for not going out an partying every night, or eating well, or any other of a miriod of the things. Forcing a woman to have a child she doesn't want to then hand over to the man just won't work. Besides, in this case it really is all about forcing her to do something with her body that she doesn't want, and that is just wrong.

I've always thought this was unfair. Yes, it's a woman's body but lets be honest. The majority of abortions are not because the woman doesn't want to deal with the 9 months of pregnancy, it's what she gets after the 9 months is up that is the main reason she wants to get rid of it. But men don't get this choice. They are locked in for life if their wife/gf/one night stand decides to keep the kid. They get NO say. My solution if the woman wants to keep the child is that the man has a 3 month period from the time he is notified that the woman is pregnant to sign away all rights. BUT, just like an abortion, the termination of rights is permanent. Period. There can be NO reason later in life that he has any preferential treatment than a stranger to the child.

There is really no solution for the situation when the man wants the child and the woman doesn't. Even if a woman was forced to have the child, there would be no way to force a woman to take care of herself. So a woman out of bitterness could drink daily or do many other things that could cause permanent damage to a child she plans to hand over the day it is born. What incentive (other than basic human integrity) does she have for not going out an partying every night, or eating well, or any other of a miriod of the things. Forcing a woman to have a child she doesn't want to then hand over to the man just won't work. Besides, in this case it really is all about forcing her to do something with her body that she doesn't want, and that is just wrong.

may I add forcing something with her life as well..... and the fathers life... oh but unless it is his body I guess that does not count.

Good idea bab on the 3 month thing.

I a little surprised men on LS are not shocked with are liberal view on mens rights here.....so much for us being feminazi's :lmao:

They get NO say. My solution if the woman wants to keep the child is that the man has a 3 month period from the time he is notified that the woman is pregnant to sign away all rights. BUT, just like an abortion, the termination of rights is permanent. Period. There can be NO reason later in life that he has any preferential treatment than a stranger to the child.

How fair is this to the child? He does have a right (and responsibility)...to wear a condom. He gives up his choice when he doesn't.

How fair is this to the child? He does have a right (and responsibility)...to wear a condom. He gives up his choice when he doesn't.

condoms break... there are no 100% method except neutering and still things have happened in some cases.

The woman gives up her choice when she spreads her legs for him to put herself in such a position.

As for the child... if a parent wants no part of the child how is that parent going to really benefit the child?

Use me as a prime example ...... I don't want them. If my H got pregnant (lets pretend) I would not change my mind and suddenly feel the urge to bond with the child. I would like the option to abort said child or some input on how my life would be effected. Now if he went ahead and had it..... well I think we would probably divorce as I do not have a desire for a child in my life even though he does. How do you think I would end up treating that unwanted child? good? no.... not likely. Out of obligation only.

I'm with the ladies on the ... sorry it is unfair but its our body.. really until you've been pg you cannot fathom, how it controls and dictates your life...

as for the trapped men and an opt out... really isn't it just easier to wear a condom isn 't it... really considering the alternative??

condoms break... there are no 100% method except neutering and still things have happened in some cases.

hmm this IS true I don't know what to say about that particular exception....

The woman gives up her choice when she spreads her legs for him to put herself in such a position.

As for the child... if a parent wants no part of the child how is that parent going to really benefit the child?

Use me as a prime example ...... I don't want them. If my H got pregnant (lets pretend) I would not change my mind and suddenly feel the urge to bond with the child. I would like the option to abort said child or some input on how my life would be effected. Now if he went ahead and had it..... well I think we would probably divorce as I do not have a desire for a child in my life even though he does. How do you think I would end up treating that unwanted child? good? no.... not likely. Out of obligation only.

Yes A4a I understand your point. You don't want children and are very serious about that fact. But I still believe that if it were the other way around and your H got pregnant :p YOU'd still have no choice in whether he decides to have it or not. You should've gotten nutured if that was the case, protected yourself at all costs. Still if happens then you have no right to what the carrying parent (this could be mother or father in this case) decides to do. What if she/he is dead set AGAINST abortion? Someone like this considers this to be the equivalent of murder. Can you ask someone to go through with it? Yes. But if they decide to go forth with the pregnancy, you don't think they have the right to do so? Because sex takes two people to participate, whether he wants the baby or not, he should still have to support it financially, this is one of the possibilities/consequences of sex.

Most times, condoms work if used properly (99% of the time I think.) Most unwanted pregnancies are caused from lack of birth control.

Yes A4a I understand your point. You don't want children and are very serious about that fact. But I still believe that if it were the other way around and your H got pregnant :p YOU'd still have no choice in whether he decides to have it or not. You should've gotten nutured if that was the case, protected yourself at all costs. Still if happens then you have no right to what the carrying parent (this could be mother or father in this case) decides to do. What if she/he is dead set AGAINST abortion? Someone like this considers this to be the equivalent of murder. Can you ask someone to go through with it? Yes. But if they decide to go forth with the pregnancy, you don't think they have the right to do so? Because sex takes two people to participate, whether he wants the baby or not, he should still have to support it financially, this is one of the possibilities/consequences of sex.

Most times, condoms work if used properly (99% of the time I think.) Most unwanted pregnancies are caused from lack of birth control.

ehhh if my H ended up pg and he knows I was dead set against it... then no way in hell do I think he has the right to rope me in..... what if he tricked me :eek: It happens and I think more woman do this than they let on they do.

I've always thought this was unfair. Yes, it's a woman's body but lets be honest. The majority of abortions are not because the woman doesn't want to deal with the 9 months of pregnancy, it's what she gets after the 9 months is up that is the main reason she wants to get rid of it.

I disagree. They are both factors. Who wants to carry an unwanted child? Not me. Pregnancy is hellish.

IN FL there is a law that insists that all women putting their children up for adoption notify the fathers. If the father is unknown they have to PUT AN AD IN THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER.

That's humiliating. But they deserve it, right? Those horrible women who can't keep their legs closed. :rolleyes:

I disagree. They are both factors. Who wants to carry an unwanted child? Not me. Pregnancy is hellish.

IN FL there is a law that insists that all women putting their children up for adoption notify the fathers. If the father is unknown they have to PUT AN AD IN THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER.

That's humiliating. But they deserve it, right? Those horrible women who can't keep their legs closed. :rolleyes:

well it would be one way to know that an ad would never have to be placed. :)

How many people know of a woman that tricked a man into fatherhood?

I know 3 off the top of my head. One was already married.

If I think harder I can probably think of more.

So there are 3 guys that got nailed ......how many more are there?

friggin sad.........

How many people know of a woman that tricked a man into fatherhood?

I know 3 off the top of my head. One was already married.

If I think harder I can probably think of more.

So there are 3 guys that got nailed ......how many more are there?

friggin sad.........

I was always taught, "If you're gonna play, you're gonna pay"......so what's so sad about it?

These guys have to face up to their own actions.....

Mrs. Moose and I were pregnant when we married, and she was accused of trapping me. It was mainly my side of the family blaming her. I never thought twice about it, it was just as much my fault as hers....I had to tell my whole side to STFU and stay out of my business....

You must never have been pregnant or be a parent.

Bottom line! I couldn't have said it better myself!

But why doesn't the woman give up her choice when she just as easily chooses to have sex without BC? Or, what happens when BC is used, but fails? Why is it that women still have a choice about being responsible for a child after pregnancy occurs, but men have no choice?

But why doesn't the woman give up her choice when she just as easily chooses to have sex without BC? Or, what happens when BC is used, but fails? Why is it that women still have a choice about being responsible for a child after pregnancy occurs, but men have no choice?

Simply because it's her body, she can do what she wants. He can do nothing about it short of pushing her down a flight of stairs.

I agree that both are factors, but even in your statment you said an unwanted child. I'm saying that it is very rare (aside from serious health issues) for a woman who is pregnant to decide to terminate the pregnancy because she doesn't want to be pregnant but would actually want the child if she didn't have to be pregnant for 9 months. I just think the deciding factor in most abortions is that the woman doesn't want to raise a child.