I love drinking...way too much...

burning 4 revenge
Guiness is a suitable meal replacement.

The Guiness company needs to pay you and Johan a commision for your thread endorsements

• Author
All this discussion about drinking does'nt help. I think I'm about to mix up a white russian...that sounds really good.

Can't say I've ever tried one of those. Makes me think that there's milk involved...I hate milk. :sick:

burning 4 revenge
Can't say I've ever tried one of those. Makes me think that there's milk involved...I hate milk. :sick:

Half and half

Kalhua

Vodka

Ice

All this discussion about drinking does'nt help. I think I'm about to mix up a white russian...that sounds really good.

NO, it doesn't help at ALL! I should have known hanging around this bunch could be trouble for me. Here I am sitting around thinking how nice a glass of wine would be. Only it wouldn't be a glass it would be the whole f'ng bottle. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm not giving in. I'm determined. You all go ahead with your party without me.:mad:

And KC, the last thing I want to sound like is your mother! :sick: (No offense to your mom of course.) I'm just tryng to be a friend. I won't say another word.

burning 4 revenge
T - you really do sound like my mom

Don't say that! She's very sensitive about her age and you might start her drinking!

Half and half

Kalhua

Vodka

Ice

This is SO f'ed up! This is supposed to be a supportive environment to cope with our addiction not bartending school!!!!:rolleyes:

• Author
Guiness is a suitable meal replacement.

I lost 15 lbs on this liquid diet of mine. Have I absorbed the proper vitamins and minerals over the last few months. I'm certain I haven't. But my ass is smaller, and I'm quite thrilled about that. :lmao:

burning 4 revenge
Just wondering would that be crushed ice or cubed?

I'm usually too lazy to crush it, but since you mentioned it I think I will

This is SO wrong!!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Guess I'm the only one on this thread not drinking. I'm not sure now who's in a worse state, me or you guys? Hmmmm....

RecordProducer

Please keep in mind that some institutions may ask you to see your medical records and refuse to accept your application for whatever you submit for (certain employers, government-related jobs, etc.) if you refuse to present it to them. If you tell your doctor that you are an alcoholic it will stay in your record forever. If the father of your children wants to take them away from you some day, all he has to do is point out at your medical records in front of the judge or center of social work.

I strongly advise you against putting anything that makes you seem mentally unstable in your official records. Private therapists are probably expensive, but your privacy will never be compromised.

I stopped drinking on July 31 (only a couple weeks ago) after 15 years of heavy drinking. I feel like it's never been in my life. I not only don't miss it, but I feel great. It's easy when you know that drinking is not an option. Drinking has given me the hardest time in my life. And quitting was the easiest thing in my life. I can't quit smoking, I can't stick to my diet, I can't make myself count to 10 before I say something, but I stopped drinking so easily. The first night I couldn't believe I had decided to stop, that I wouldn't have a glass of wine for 3 years (as I initially decided), but I felt safe. A few days later, when I saw how easy it was and how great I felt, I decided to not drink EVER again.

It doesn't take strength or courage or will power. If you're in the phase when you can't stop then it's stronger than you. I used to be very weak, I used to make a fool out of myself, I was ashamed, etc. I could go on and on in describing how many problems I've caused due to alcohol.

All it takes is to really WISH to stop. You're half way there. Many people don't even acknowledge that they have a drinking problem and are not aware of the con sequences. Being aware of the consequences means recognizing the difference between you sober and you drunk.

Once you come to a strong conclusion that you have a strong desire to stop drinking, trust me, it will be very, very easy. You will view booze as some food that you hate and nobody can persuade you to try it, plus it's rotten. :D

Please read my thread about quitting drinking and feel free to PM me. http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t95286/

• Author
Please keep in mind that some institutions may ask you to see your medical records and refuse to accept your application for whatever you submit for (certain employers, government-related jobs, etc.) if you refuse to present it to them. If you tell your doctor that you are an alcoholic it will stay in your record forever. If the father of your children wants to take them away from you some day, all he has to do is point out at your medical records in front of the judge or center of social work.

This sound completely illegal and discriminatory to me. To be quite honest, I absolutely don't care. If the government, or potential employers, or anyone, wants to punish me for seeking HELP for something that I struggle with everyday, let them. They can talk to my lawyer. :cool:

I strongly advise you against putting anything that makes you seem mentally unstable in your official records. Private therapists are probably expensive, but your privacy will never be compromised.

I stopped drinking on July 31 (only a couple weeks ago) after 15 years of heavy drinking. I feel like it's never been in my life. I not only don't miss it, but I feel great. It's easy when you know that drinking is not an option. Drinking has given me the hardest time in my life. And quitting was the easiest thing in my life. I can't quit smoking, I can't stick to my diet, I can't make myself count to 10 before I say something, but I stopped drinking so easily. The first night I couldn't believe I had decided to stop, that I wouldn't have a glass of wine for 3 years (as I initially decided), but I felt safe. A few days later, when I saw how easy it was and how great I felt, I decided to not drink EVER again.

It doesn't take strength or courage or will power. If you're in the phase when you can't stop then it's stronger than you. I used to be very weak, I used to make a fool out of myself, I was ashamed, etc. I could go on and on in describing how many problems I've caused due to alcohol.

All it takes is to really WISH to stop. You're half way there. Many people don't even acknowledge that they have a drinking problem and are not aware of the con sequences. Being aware of the consequences means recognizing the difference between you sober and you drunk.

Once you come to a strong conclusion that you have a strong desire to stop drinking, trust me, it will be very, very easy. You will view booze as some food that you hate and nobody can persuade you to try it, plus it's rotten. :D

Please read my thread about quitting drinking and feel free to PM me. http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t95286/

Actually, RP you were the one who inspired me to quit this time. I knew I had to rein myself in again and have tried off and on this summer but I wasn't really serious..didn't last more than 5 or so days.

I actually had to tell myself around 4 pm today that it's NOT AN OPTION. Your words.

Thank you. And you are indeed an inspiration. What strength!

Don't forget to take a multivitamin everyday...

Yeah, that way you can drink your head off everyday and still be healthy.

• Author

I think the multivitamin keeps your hair and your teeth from falling out. So far, so good.

RecordProducer
This sound completely illegal and discriminatory to me. To be quite honest, I absolutely don't care. If the government, or potential employers, or anyone, wants to punish me for seeking HELP for something that I struggle with everyday, let them. They can talk to my lawyer. :cool:

You stated "Venus" as your location, but when you return to the US, you will face a cruel, discriminatory world, where your "friendly" lawyer will slam the door in front of your nose. You will never convince the majority of people that someone with a drinking problem can be a trustworthy surgeon, pilot, driver, baby-sitter, soldier or machine operator. Many employers don't even want a secretary who is an alcoholic. You can bury your head in the sand, but you will not change people's mindsets.

Objectively, it's not a good thing. Objectively it does affect every aspect of your life. Objectively it makes you less functional in many spheres including your professional life and even your legal rights. You don't want to find yourself in a situation (a car accident, for example) where your name will be called for alcoholism. Go explain them that you don't care if anyone wants to punish you for struggling with this problem your whole life.

Illegal - it is NOT! It's not prohibited by the law to have your personal therapist. Why do you think AA contains the word "anonymous"? There is nothing illegal about going to a private therapist that you will pay without asking a referral from your doctor. Your goal is not to advertise your problem to the whole world, but to cure it for your own sake.

I've never had my problem written in any records. Does that make it less of a problem than yours if it gets in your records? In the eyes of the society - yes. Because I quit and it's not written anywhere that I ever drank. But your medical records will follow you forever, long after you quit.

It's not ME who makes the rules, honey.

Actually, RP you were the one who inspired me to quit this time. I knew I had to rein myself in again and have tried off and on this summer but I wasn't really serious..didn't last more than 5 or so days.

I actually had to tell myself around 4 pm today that it's NOT AN OPTION. Your words.

Thank you. And you are indeed an inspiration. What strength!

You're welcome and I'm really glad to help, because I know what a terrible thing it is, not to mention that it ruins your health in so many ways. Hang on there, girl! ;) I'm really proud of you for making this decision. :cool:
  • Author
Illegal - it is NOT! It's not prohibited by the law to have your personal therapist. Why do you think AA contains the word "anonymous"? There is nothing illegal about going to a private therapist that you will pay without asking a referral from your doctor. Your goal is not to advertise your problem to the whole world, but to cure it for your own sake.

So what you're saying is our private medical records can be released to anyone, at any time for any reason whatsoever? What about HIPAA?

I'd verify any legal information I got from a member of LS unless the member provided sources for that information. It's just too important an issue to trust someone on a board over.

Oh gosh...where to start, where to start? I don't talk about this but I have had an alcohol issue my whole adult life pretty much. I'm in my mid-40's. I've completely quit for different lengths of time throughout my life. At other times, I've managed to be able to control it and at other times I've been COMPLETELY out of control with it.

Yes, it DOES cloud your judgement. I've had inappropriate on line relationships with men that I would never even look at or bother with in my "real life." (It's why I originally came here...only to start another one right up again!) When you drink you can justify almost any type of behavior. It's insane. Thank god, I've never crossed the line into having a full-blown affair. I'd kill myself if I ever went that far. I love my husband deeply and we do have a wonderful marriage.

But I'm embarassed and ashamed and some of the things I've done while drinking. It's been, like I've said a life-long battle.

I function quite well though, as many of us do. I managed to get my Bachelor's degree, managed a business for almost 4 years, gave birth to a healthy baby (quit drinking and smoking when I found out I was pregnant) and have sustained a healthy and happy marriage for 11 1/2 years now despite this addiction.

Look, AA is not for everyone. They're great for SOME people..for most even. But it was never right for me. You said strong-willed. You sound like me.

You need a long period without drinking. I have just started my long period of no drinking 4 days ago. My head already feels clear and I feel in control. I'm amazed at the crap I've done in the last few months.

Every so often I have to "wake myself up" and pull back for a long period of time. After that, SOME of us (my mother has been successful for years) can drink again. She's now able to stop at 2. And she drinks very rarely.

But you first have to have that long period of time where you're a non-drinker. The danger with this is many fall right back into the spot they were before..sometimes even WORSE.

There are books and things written on this method. I can't remember the name of this particular method. It's an alternative way. It's certainly not for everyone. But it's the way I've lived my life. Who knows how long I'll go now without drinking. When I start again, it will be controlled. It will be 2 drinks and that's it. I was able to maintain that for close to 4 years when I was working. Same when I was going to school. As of late, I've been out of control again.

So I have to once again rein myself in. It's not the first time I've had to do it and it probably won't be the last.

I'm ashamed and embarassed that I have this issue. No one knows about it except my mother and my husband. Most people would never know that by looking at me. I appear to have it together. And when I drink, I don't slur or stumble or act obviously impaired. And those kind of drinkers are the WORST as far as being in danger of fooling themselves into believing they're fine.

But I've always known that I'm not fine. There's nothing good about this problem. And perhaps I should say that I should give it up for the rest of my life. But I can't say that. Instead I choose to control it the best way I can.

And for now, it's to give it up completely.

I know there are plenty of others out there like me. I'd love to hear about those of you who got it under control. And what about those of you who have quit altogether?

I think Kittie and I (and I'm sure there are others out there) could use some inspiration now.

Good luck Kittie and thanks for starting this thread.

Thank you so much for sharing this Touche. I can relate vastly. :o

I work in the health care industry and it is at this time NOT legal for anyone in the healthcare industry to release your medical records to ANYONE unless you specifically authorize it. Not even a spouse is supposed to be given test results, or any information without written consent.

• Author
I work in the health care industry and it is at this time NOT legal for anyone in the healthcare industry to release your medical records to ANYONE unless you specifically authorize it. Not even a spouse is supposed to be given test results, or any information without written consent.

That's what I thought! Thanks.

RecordProducer
So what you're saying is our private medical records can be released to anyone, at any time for any reason whatsoever? What about HIPAA?
Absolutely NOT! Asafan is completely right about what he said. No one is allowed to see your medical records unless authorized by you (and maybe by the court if it comes to that point, but not sure about this one).

I'll give you an example and leave this case. My husband is a pilot (it's his hobby) and he told me that in order to get a pilot student's license, you are required to present your medical records. If you refuse - you're rejected.

He has seen people, who have dreamed their whole lives to be pilots, being rejected because their parents put them on Prozac or other medications that indicate mental instability (cuz they were too hyper and pissed their crabby mothers off with their liveliness, I guess). So much for their dreams about flying!

I would assume that many other institutions would require to see your records in order to know whom they're dealing with. But you can easily check this information, especially if you already know in which direction your career will move in the future.

You choose your own path, girl. It's your life. :)

I would think most jobs do not require medical records. At least I have not run into it.

I would think the military, CIA, police Feds might be an exception.

But you could get into some serious discrimnation issues.

RecordProducer
I would think most jobs do not require medical records. At least I have not run into it.

Hotgurl, you're an artist! You could be crazy as hell as far as your employer is concerned. :D