Getting Seperated...totally lost

• Author
What you guys are surprisingly going to find out is the number of women that are single, self supporting, independent that don’t want to get married, that don’t want to shack up ~ but just want to have a good time, just being friends (no sex) and then there’s no shortage who make no bones about it ~ they just want to play and have sex!

Shocked the Hell out of me! This isn’t high school anymore guys!

I was speaking about this other day with my Bud ~ quote ~ "There's Ms Monday, Ms Tuesday, Ms Thursday, Ms Saturday.

I know one little gal, who's got a nice little house (paid for), steady job ~ and there's no freaking way she's going to let some guy get a slice of her pie ~ so she goes to work and home ~ because she can't reconcile in her head how to have someone in her life ~ without all the entanglements. I keep telling her, she's right up my alley! :D She's got her place ~ I've got mine. We can have an exclusive monogamous relationship. She gets tired of me being underfoot, I can go to the house and she can call me.

(Only problem is? She's an identical twin? Damned fantasies? :laugh: )

Like I keep telling you ~ there's no freaking shortage of women! ;)

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:...fantasy is GOOOOOD...:laugh:

The problem... I am going to have to overcome.. is this... I'm still married... I guess I'm way to old fashioned... and still believe in marriage vows....

Maybe if a Gal.. who I find attractive.. gives me the wink... I can get my head around this... I just have not seen ... or met any woman... I'd be really interested in... Only woman I know .. who.. I like.. are happily married...

Then again... I have not put myself back out there... I wonder how many woman will suddenly appear ... out of the wood works.. who are looking for a guy like me...

Damn... when I'm ready... I'm gonna be a busy little BEAVER...;)...:D

I guess I'm going to have to re-hook up the old radar... and start sniffing around. :laugh:

I'll see if Sunday pans out... Funny thing is... I don't really care if it does.... That is the big difference.. now.. unlike before.. years before.. I needed a woman to complete me... I now don't need anyone to do that... as I am complete all be my little lonesome...:) But damn I miss soft skin.. and girly bits....:laugh:

That is the big difference.. now.. unlike before.. years before.. I needed a woman to complete me... I now don't need anyone to do that... as I am complete all be my little lonesome...:) But damn I miss soft skin.. and girly bits....:laugh:

THAT'S what I've been trying to tell you guys!

You've overcome your dependence on women ~ you don't need a woman.

There's all the difference between wanting and needing. ;) Sumdude quoted Spock from Star Trek in his signature line about that.

That's why I can look at any woman and go "Pfffffff! Whatever?" and blow her off. The only person I need to validate me ~ is me. What any given person thinks about me ~ especially some woman ~ I could care less.

Some gal dumps me? Oh well, guess I'm going to have to get up and go find me someone else! DAMN THE BAD LUCK!

My last LTR GF said something to the effect that I would be sorry ~ not really? I told her, "Anything you've got to offer me ~ I can find just as much if not more, just as good if not better!" (Whooooohooooo ~ did that ever make her mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

THAT'S what I've been trying to tell you guys!

You've overcome your dependence on women ~ you don't need a woman.

There's all the difference between wanting and needing. ;) Sumdude quoted Spock from Star Trek in his signature line about that.

That's why I can look at any woman and go "Pfffffff! Whatever?" and blow her off. The only person I need to validate me ~ is me. What any given person thinks about me ~ especially some woman ~ I could care less.

Some gal dumps me? Oh well, guess I'm going to have to get up and go find me someone else! DAMN THE BAD LUCK!

My last LTR GF said something to the effect that I would be sorry ~ not really? I told her, "Anything you've got to offer me ~ I can find just as much if not more, just as good if not better!" (Whooooohooooo ~ did that ever make her mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

While I agree with you 99% of the time Gunny..sometimes I wonder if maybe you're hanging on to just a little residual bitterness towards women...just a smidge..

just a thought...Whatever works for you

wife_left_me

It doesn't hurt to go out and have some fun. You don't have to jump right in and get involved with anyone but just stick a toe in to feel the temperature. Talk to some single women you were friends with but the STBXW would not allow you to talk with. You may not be interested in them but they are sure to have some single friends that you could atleast talk to. I have a close girlfriend who is a nurse that has already set me up numerous times at after work gatherings. You'll be suprised how easy it is when you have someone to get your foot in the door. Its the weekend and its time to get out......

While I agree with you 99% of the time Gunny..sometimes I wonder if maybe you're hanging on to just a little residual bitterness towards women...just a smidge..

just a thought...Whatever works for you

Nah, he tells me the exact same stuff about men :) I don't need them!! :) And he's right!

He's also right about the variety of things people want. I'm actually shocked to see men my age wanting to get married and have kids!! It's kind of cool to see the opposite needs in the opposite gender coming out.

CryingCanuck

Gunny you said:

What you guys are surprisingly going to find out is the number of women that are single, self supporting, independent that don’t want to get married, that don’t want to shack up ~ but just want to have a good time, just being friends (no sex) and then there’s no shortage who make no bones about it ~ they just want to play and have sex!

Shocked the Hell out of me! This isn’t high school anymore guys!

Holy tamolly you're so right..... I mean holy cow there are so many females in the same boat as us guys and they are not looking for either a meal ticket or a husband but want company and adult companionship...ILMW I have to say one thing in caution though buddy, I have found that in the what.. 8 months since I truly pulled the plug on my X I have met some really nice people but holy **** I've met some really scary people too, I mean out and out liars.... But hey nothing ventured nothing gained...

It's more like a try this one, if it doesn;t feel right almost from the start, well move on there are a lot out there.... Actually guys, I've been seeign the same woman now for about 6 weeks and she's teriffic so there is hope for us all....

Anyway just my 2 cents worth...

Ohh hiya guys.. :-)

CC

Nah, he tells me the exact same stuff about men :) I don't need them!! :) And he's right!

He's also right about the variety of things people want. I'm actually shocked to see men my age wanting to get married and have kids!! It's kind of cool to see the opposite needs in the opposite gender coming out.

OoooooRaaaahhhh! Finally got that message across! Mission accomplished! :laugh:

Dgriil ~ you need a man like a trout needs a bicycle! :p

Somedude, you're partly right. No problem with 99% of the women. But I've got problems with the lying, cheating, self-serving, selfish, can't please, can't appease, can't satisify, can't pacify, narrcistic bitch like I was married to.

I could deal with a Lady Jane, or a Mz Pixie, or a Dgriil, or DropDeadLegs, etc getting in my face and telling me, "Dude! You're not with the program, and you need to get with the program! I could deal with a Recordprodcer getting in my face, and telling me that I need to get on the ball! I can deal with an a4a getting on my azz telling me ~ "Dude! You need to get your act together! You're part of the problem here and not part of the solution! You're part of the questions ~ not part of the ansers! Snap out of your cheap s**t and get your s**t together!

I love the LoveShack regular ladies. Just wished they'd been around seventeen years ago. :eek::mad:

Somedude, you're partly right. No problem with 99% of the women. But I've got problems with the lying, cheating, self-serving, selfish, can't please, can't appease, can't satisify, can't pacify, narrcistic bitch like I was married to.

Hmmmm.... sounds familiar...wonder if they were related?

;)

OoooooRaaaahhhh! Finally got that message across! Mission accomplished! :laugh:

Dgriil ~ you need a man like a trout needs a bicycle! :p

I could deal with a Lady Jane, or a Mz Pixie, or a Dgriil, or DropDeadLegs, etc getting in my face and telling me, "Dude! You're not with the program, and you need to get with the program! I could deal with a Recordprodcer getting in my face, and telling me that I need to get on the ball! I can deal with an a4a getting on my azz telling me ~ "Dude! You need to get your act together! You're part of the problem here and not part of the solution! You're part of the questions ~ not part of the ansers! Snap out of your cheap s**t and get your s**t together!

I love the LoveShack regular ladies. Just wished they'd been around seventeen years ago. :eek::mad:

I need to add ~ the of type woman that won't stand up, speak up, and tell you there's a problem until its too late! :mad: I'm a lot of things, but two things I'm not is a woman and a mind reader. Never have been ~ never will be. :mad:

Its not that I'm so down on women. But I've had it to "here" being where love is a small word ~ part-time thing, a paper ring. I know its been done having one man love one woman, one woman just loving one man, right or wrong ~ weak or strong.

Don't know that I will, but until I can find me one woman that will stay and who won't play games behind me, I'll be what I am ~ a solitary man! :mad:;):cool:

I need to add ~ the of type woman that won't stand up, speak up, and tell you there's a problem until its too late! :mad: I'm a lot of things, but two things I'm not is a woman and a mind reader. Never have been ~ never will be. :mad:

Its not that I'm so down on women. But I've had it to "here" being where love is a small word ~ part-time thing, a paper ring. I know its been done having one man love one woman, one woman just loving one man, right or wrong ~ weak or strong.

Don't know that I will, but until I can find me one woman that will stay and who won't play games behind me, I'll be what I am ~ a solitary man! :mad:;):cool:

One big AMEN! And you can add blaming everyone and everything else for all the problems.

That's the thing? I'm a white, Anglo-Saxon male, I end up on the streets homeless I have nothing nor no one to blame my plight on?

That's the thing? I'm a white, Anglo-Saxon male, I end up on the streets homeless I have nothing nor no one to blame my plight on?

Wonder if our signals got crossed there?

I was adding the blame everyone else for problems to this list.

I need to add ~ the of type woman that won't stand up, speak up, and tell you there's a problem until its too late!

Crossed wires? Not really!

I was referring to some people defaulting to a "victimization mentallity" when its not justified that some people have based on their (Fill in the blank) which really in the end is due to their own personal failings and shortcomings.

And I say that with full knowledge that some people, (women and minorities) still have to in some companies, orgainizations, and society do things quicker, better, and faster than some WASP (White~Anglo~Saxon~Male) in order to get ahead.

Its the slackers, that use "victimization" as an excuse for their own personal failings and shortcomings that I object to.

Its not because your a woman or a __________________ that life is so hard on you, its because your a "sorry" lazy azz piece of human being that won't even try!

And, no doubt there's a lot of "upside" to being born a WASP in Western Society. The one downside, that I can think of is ~ if you fail in life ~ you've got no one to blame but yourself. You can't blame it on your race, religion, gender ~ simply not an option?

And I know plenty of women and minorties that don't use their gender and race as an excuse that are successful in life ~ because they're strong minded, principled, self disciplined, hard working, moral, ethical, determined human beings! ;)

Hey there ILMW.....it's Tuesday.....what happened Sunday? On the edge of my seat with curiosity.....you can't keep us hanging like this!

• Author
Hey there ILMW.....it's Tuesday.....what happened Sunday? On the edge of my seat with curiosity.....you can't keep us hanging like this!

Thanks debilou...:laugh:.. so it's come to this.. my life is a soap opera ;)....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well Sunday. ..was a bust. I manage to change my schedule, so I could get off an hour early... When I get to my buddies place.. the last of the guests are leaving... people had been there all day... enjoying the fantastic weather.. The girl who I was going to get acquainted with, never showed. My buddy had been in the sun all day.. having some tasty beverages.. and was pretty fried.... So I ended up watching a hockey game with his room-mate. :rolleyes:

Oh well... It was worth a shot. Apparently she thinks I'm hot...so, that is a boost to the ego...(not like I need it any more):D

I know years ago... I would have been really upset...because this happened... but now.. I don't really care. I kinda look at it like this.. I may have just been saved a real head ache... :p

I'm kinda getting used to being alone.. and single. I find sometimes.. I get lonely... but, that's ok... I am really getting to know me. There are several things I have planned for the spring. Parachuting... getting re qualified as a Scuba diver...and I'm also looking at getting back into cliff climbing. There is an indoor climbing place not to far from me... so I'm gonna check it out. I used to do it years ago.. and that got me into mountain climbing. Not many mountains around here though..:laugh: I just noticed.. I'm comfortable at the bottom of a lake as I am, hanging 200' off the ground. :laugh:

Going to another BBQ next Sunday..apparently there will be some single lovely ladies there. So.. once again I have been invited. I look forward to the interaction... but... I don't care either way... what happens. :)

I'm wondering if this "don't really care attitude" is what is getting me noticed? Yeah.. it makes sense...:laugh:

I know.. that any woman I get with in the future.. is going to have to be pretty special. ... for me to get DW out of my head. I have not really met anyone... who even comes close to what I would consider.. a keeper.:confused:...but its early days right.:p

Oh well...;)

Work has been nuts lately... the weather gets warm... and everyone goes crazy...:laugh:

Well that's me so far... get s5 Friday and Saturday...looking forward to it.:) I can't wait until he is out of school.. and we can go away more. Plan not to be in this apartment very much this summer. :D

Thanks again for asking...:):bunny::bunny::bunny:

ilmw

• Author

Wow... wile at work last night... I got a message left on my cell by DW. When I had the chance to listen to it... it sounded urgent... so I called... worried something might be wrong...

I get hold of her.. and she tell me.. one of her uncles just died the day before. She sounded pretty upset... drained.. well a little spaced out.. She asked if our arrangements were still firm.. for the weekend, because that is when his funeral is... and she did not want s5 to be there for this. I told her of course they were.. and that if she, or her family should need anything to let me know. We made a couple of other arrangements...and before she got of the phone.. she paused and said with a heart felt voice... "thank you"

Well, I was kinda upset too... as I had known her uncle... and she also sounded "strange".. I went and talked to my supervisor... and let him know what had just occurred. He offered me the rest of the night off.. but I only asked for an hour.. so I could go see if DW was ok... and to pay what respects I could.

So.. I shot into the town I live in, in my cruiser.. still in uniform. Get to her house. She answes the door.. and she looked like wreck. She was exhausted.. She look confused and asked me why I had come.. and she really did not expect me to do this. I said you are right.. I did not have to do this... but I was concerned. She had a strange look on her face... hard to place it... but it was not angry. I think maybe it was a little sign of relief.. she could talk to someone.. not directly effected by this.. but someone who could understand... as I knew him too.

She told me what had happened and how she had been running around driving all over the place picking up and dropping off people.. She was even the one to notify he grandmother.. and own mother.. of his death.

I gently mentioned to her... you have to give yourself a break... you don't always have to be the strong one... give yourself a break.. and let this sink in... She look up at me.. an slightly shook her head in agreement.

She gave me a hug... which kinda shocked me.. but.. I returned it.. and told her I was sorry for her loss.

We talked a little about the boys.. and how they were going to handle this... I agreed to not let s5 know.. as he will not be going to the funeral. He will be with me.

She looked really tired.. and mentioned she had better get to bed... I agreed, she gave me another hug.. and I left... and went back to work.

I'm sad... although I did not really know.. this uncle.. to well.. I did know..him.. I have BBQ with him.. drank beer with him and joked around. I still feel some lose. I am mainly sad for DW and her extended family.. although the are a large bunch.. they are amazingly tight...

Today I called DW's uncle.. MY friend.. he was pretty choked up.. as his little brother had just died. ... and had gone out. to clear his mind.. so I talked to his roomate... and got.. His mothers address, and phone number.

I then sent some flowers to his mother( DW's grandmother) for the funeral and sympathy.

Wow.. I'm bumed out... I wish I could do more.. but I know I can't. I have done as much as I can... and she and her family know.. if they need me.. they can call.

I just don't forget people, because my wife and I are separated.

I'm gonna make this a great weekend for me and s5... so he is in a great mood when he goes back home to DW.

ilmw

Sorry to hear about your uncle-in-law, ILMW. :(

It was very nice of you to be so caring and supportive of your STBX though. And I'll say it again... That girl is slap out of her mind.

• Author

It was very nice of you to be so caring and supportive of your STBX though. And I'll say it again... That girl is slap out of her mind.

Thanks Lj,:)

Been a rough day or so.. went up to Dw's uncles place yesterday... to pay my respects.. He was understandably pretty broken up... I ended up crashing the night... and helping out with some running around for him.. as he was in no state to do it himself... DW txt my late in the morning.. and asked if I could take s5 today at 5pm.. I txt her back... and told of course I would. I knew he Mom and Dad and sister were coming over to stay overnight and then heading down to the city for the wake the next day... funeral Saturday.. DW was coming up to get her uncle and take him down to be with.. the rest of the family at her place... she did not want s5 to see all the crying and sadness. Because of the circumstances.. of all of this.. I was in total agreement.. and understood..her reasons.

DW .. drops of s5.. at my place.. she looks exhausted.. drawn.. and pale.. s5 is crying.. because DW forgot his toy gun at her place... So.. I did something I would never do... I told him while dw was there.. as soon as mommy is gone we will go to Walmart.. and I would get him another toy... I did it for her.. so she would not have to go home and come back... she looked like she was at her wits end... and I could only imagine... what she and the rest of her family are going through. She knew... I would do this.. she knew she could count on me... I guess..I had no choice.. really. Something like this.. is time to really stand up to the plate..

Damn... I have felt helpless the past day or so... but I know I have helped out... not just for her... but her uncle too... he was pretty thankful for me taking my time out... and being there... Damn... this just is horrible..

s5 is now sleeping.. and I can let my guard..down.. cause.. I'm feeling a lot of conflict... I so want to be there for her... but... I know.. its no longer my place.. and I have to except this... I was doing much better.. until this happened... Now.. the "man"... "husband".. in me... is craving to do more...

I'm just really glad.. I can be here for my little guy... He keeps me busy.. and laughing..:D

Well that is enough of that.. this is a weird post... I'm feeling weird.. More strange feelings... which I can't explain..:confused:

ilmw

Well that is enough of that.. this is a weird post... I'm feeling weird.. More strange feelings... which I can't explain..:confused:

ilmw

You're doing the right thing. That's what matters most. As far as those strange feelings ... no need to explain, I think I'm a little familiar with them. You're a good man ilmw.

Sorry to hear about your Uncle-In-law as well my friend.

You're a good man, a good father, a good husband, and good people ilmw.

But I've got to go with LJ, what's the DW going to do if and when the two of you divorce, you've moved on and found someone new, she goes gets back in the market for a DH, and goes down to the DH store, and finds out that the ilmw model was a one time only custom job? :mad::o

Your thread has turned into a very inspiring thread for many a lost soul of a man.

There's many a man that has gone to work, came home, supported his wife and family ~ tried to be the best husband and father they could, tried to do the right thing, tried to live life righteously, etc ~ and still ended up where you and I are at.

I realize I'm a lone wolf spitting into the wind, but I'm constantly writing letters to the Alabama legislature to pass tougher marriage law requirements and to incorporate basic personal finance classes at the middle school level.

If I had it my way, you couldn't get married unless you've dated for at least three years, have attended six months of pre-marriage counseling and classes, six months of personal finance classes, had at least the equivalent of one years income in the bank.

(Side-bar, Thanks Lady Jane the Clear Diet is helping a lot! ;) I'm in love with Mrs. Swanson! (i.e Swason Chicken soup broth)

Ilmw, I'm sorry to hear the bad news.......

Believe it or not I feel you have touched the hearts of family that might not understand your situation but they do appreciate the little comfort you gave them. You don't always have to do "BIG" things to be appreciated, just taking your Uncle to the store and just being there are "BIG" things to him....;)

Just like LJ told me; men feel they are responsible for there family and when we can't "fix" what is wrong we don't feel like we have done our job, but you did what you could, you helped the best you could do and you should be proud of that. (big thumbs up!!!)

I know you love your son & you are welling to take him anytime the DW needs you to, but someday that might not be the case & what will the DW do then? Someday that lightbulb will come on & the room will be all lit up & she will realize you are not in her life anymore & she will wonder; WTF did I do?

It really makes me sad to see someone such as yourself working so hard, yet the other person just seems to not care. They just figure running away is the easy way and they aren't welling to put any type of effort into the marriage.

I'm proud of what you have done, I know your Uncle is also thankful and others will also hear about it because he will say; it was so nice Ilmw stopped by and helped me out, he is a good man......;)

Everything we are doing in our life is for a reason I feel & sometimes we just don't know why. We wonder why people have to suffer and be hurt but someday we might be able to look back and say; oh that is why I am who I am today........

Keep the chin up & keep posting........

• Author

Thanks everyone..:)

Woke up today... and just laid in bed for a while... little guy was happily playing video games... in the living room.. Really had to drag myself out of bed. But once with him.. things..as they always do.. seem..feel..are brighter.

I called DW.. this morning.. she sounded dead... no emotion in her voice.. I just let her know.. she..and her family would be in my thoughts. She thanked me and said she would pass it on to her family.

I then went back and hung out with s5.

Now we are going out to do some shopping.

Yesterday.. I bought him a toy. I never buy him things.. "cause I wan't one" I don't subscribe to bratty behaviour. But.. DW.. was going through enough.. and it was really bad timing. So.. I made everyone happy... by solving the problem...

We are going to have a great day today and tomorrow. If the weather gets nice (bloody rain) Hmmm... I guess its better than all the snow we had..:laugh:

We are going to the park to play some football.

Gotta get going.. s5 is getting out of the bath...;)

Once again thanks to you all. I never would have believed.. that coming on the internet.. could be so helpful..:)

ilmw

• Author

Hi all,

Had a great weekend with s5. Kept him busy, and we had lots of fun. DW picked him up Sunday afternoon. She called and said she had gotten back early. SHe was just driving around, and offered to pick him up. I was fine with that. She is the kind of person.. for which driving around clears her mind.

I know she and her uncle were pretty close.. so this was a real blow to her.

She showed up and ... she looked grey.. wow.. She did smile when I was saying good bye to s5.. and was tickling him when I put him into his car seat.

That night I worked some overtime..and got home and into bed around 2am. I then had to be back at work at 7am.. so..yes I was tired.. but I was also uncharacteristically..crusty/grumpy. It was one of those days... that if it could go wrong it did..:laugh: I smashed my head climbing under a big rig trailer... got all dirty.. scratched my brand new sunglasses!:mad: I could go on.. but you get the picture.;)

I then get a txt message from DW. She thanked me for all I had done for her and her family. She knows.. it was not some ploy to win her back.. because most of what I did was for her other family members... particularly her other uncle... my friend.

She has thanked me at least 2 other times since then for the same things.

Yesterday.. she txt me.... about.. stuff regarding s5. A couple of txt went back and forth.. She sent me back a txt... which seemed angry. I guess she miss understood my intent.. or words.. ? So I called her instead. She picked up.. and I told her.. I was not being a smart arse... she replied she was not angry.. and then something I used to say all the time about txt or emails... it does not always reflect what someone is saying.. there is not emotion.. or feeling ... so things can get misunderstood.:confused:

So... we cleared the air.. within seconds.. I then asked her how s/son was holding up.. she said he was sad, but doing pretty good.. and he offered to got up with her to her parents next weekend and help out clearing bush. That is amazing. Maybe.. the lose of a close family member.. has shown him the importance of family...:o

DW then vented about the funeral...and all the other aspects.. she had taken on a leadership role for her entire family... her Aunt (the wife of the deceased)... was being a real Bi*ch... and would not allow his own family appropriate time for private viewing:confused: She had to argue with this woman.. while dealing with her own loss and the combined loss of her entire family.

I let her know.. how amazed I was at her strength through out all of this. I then just let her speak. She once stopped and asked if she was boring me... I told her.. of course not, and to please continue... so she did...

At the end.. she sounded lighter.. as she had gotten something of her chest...not sounding so strained... She then thanked me for letting her talk, and for being a friend... and that was that.

It felt nice being able to help her with this.. but then again.. it helped me to... :confused:

I then went about my day... as you do.

There is no reading into any of this... we may be separated...probably getting divorced... but... I still care. I did what I could do... and that is that. I know I helped with her family too. I received a couple of calls from other family members... thanking me for helping their brother.. and sending flowers to their mother (grandma) Apparently they made her smile.. when she could do nothing but cry.:o

ilmw

You maned-up there Duke! (You should put the John Wayner avaitar back up ~ you've earned it ~ the Duke would be proud of you!)