Suggestions for handling this problem?

CaliGuy

Why is my finger not clicking the damn button????

Because you're a Thinker.

If you were a gutless coward, you wouldn't be in this situation.

Why is my finger not clicking the damn button????

Damn carpel tunnel syndrome! :laugh:

• Author
Because you're a Thinker.

If you were a gutless coward, you wouldn't be in this situation.

I guess I am realizing the repercussion of this boundary.

Well, it's high time I let go of the past.

LOL@Alpha. Damn carpel tunnel :D

I might have missed the details of when you got this email from her Mom, but if you just got it today who says you have to reply right away? You could always send the email to yourself, move your thoughts on to something/anything else for the remainder of the day and revisit it tomorrow with a fresh head. The send button will always be there.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do though!

There is no true repercussion.

Unless you think moving on without your ex is a repercusssion..

I would think that you making decisions that are good for you would be living well...

but if you just got it today who says you have to reply right away?

don't put it off... this is not a new problem.. it is a new solution

don't put it off... this is not a new problem.. it is a new solution

AC is right - like the ad says - just DO IT !!!! I guarantee you will have some relief when you do....

zarathustra

Am I'm late!?! Just two cents here... if your ex would feel uncomfortable with her mom sending you info about me, don't you think she would tell her own mother to stop?

Anyway, if you don't want to chance it in getting more email, send her the nice email and cut ties. Besides, if you ask her nicely, I'm sure she won't be offended. If you don't care to continue a relationship (friendship) with the ex's mom, offending her helps your cause.

Good luck!

well, just send me the text of the email and the address and I'll send it on your behalf :lmao:

well, just send me the text of the email and the address and I'll send it on your behalf :lmao:

Alphamale, you have other things on your mind, don't you!? :lmao:

• Author

I promise as soon as I am done making a few changes, I will send it then go to lunch.

If I were you I would call the EX and call the MOM. I wouldn't tell the mom anything because that would cut ties with "them" and I don't think you're ready for that yet. I would chat with the X and ask her how everything is. Why would I do this if I were you? Because its clear you WANT to do this. I am in favor of people doing what they want to do in life. Art Critic is right. There is a reason you are still in contact with MOM when you were advised that staying in contact with her would mean her doing stuff like this "accidentaly". So don't tell her to stop. This contact with Mom keeps you close to X and gives you an excuse to talk to her. So I say do it. Call her. Don't PRETEND you don't want to. I am in favor of people doing what they want to do in life.

regards

If I were you I would call the EX and call the MOM. I wouldn't tell the mom anything because that would cut ties with "them" and I don't think you're ready for that yet. I would chat with the X and ask her how everything is. Why would I do this if I were you? Because its clear you WANT to do this. I am in favor of people doing what they want to do in life. Art Critic is right. There is a reason you are still in contact with MOM when you were advised that staying in contact with her would mean her doing stuff like this "accidentaly". So don't tell her to stop. This contact with Mom keeps you close to X and gives you an excuse to talk to her. So I say do it. Call her. Don't PRETEND you don't want to. I am in favor of people doing what they want to do in life.

regards

Jeeeeeezzzzzzz!!!!!!!!

Art Critic is right. There is a reason you are still in contact with MOM when you were advised that staying in contact with her would mean her doing stuff like this "accidentaly".

I like this part :laugh:.. but the whole quote is accurate

Because its clear you WANT to do this. I am in favor of people doing what they want to do in life.

doing what you want is fine within reason. doing what you want when it will be detrimental is bad. if some dude WANTS to molest 12 year old boys then that does not mean he should do it.

Oh yeah but contact is harmless...and besides SHE contacted first so TECHNICALLY its not a break of contact. So he can still say he is following the "guide." :D

regards

Oh yeah but contact is harmless...and besides SHE contacted first so TECHNICALLY its not a break of contact. So he can still say he is following the "guide." :D

regards

WTF???? why so mean????? WE are here to encourage - not beat somebody down....

If you can't help, then get off the train!

I've written a reply and am hovering over the 'send' button. I know when I send it, it could go to the ex but more than that, it's the end to final connection I had to her.

I've removed everything from my life that reminded me of her. This is the last piece of the puzzle.

So why am I hestating? I want to let go of everything. I need to. Why is my finger not clicking the damn button????

Contacting the ex telling them not to contact is NOT the "last piece of the puzzle". It's simply layering drama on top of drama. Guess what? People actually call folks who told them not to!! :eek: Contacting the EX to tell them to NOT CONTACT you is the oldest trick in the book for the ADDICT who can't let go. It gives an excuse to contact, which is of course the desired action. How do you let go? By LETTING GO. Not telling them to DO SOMETHING.

regards

I think Art Critic said it, but when it comes to your personal well being and happiness, I wouldnt care less if I upset the Ex's mother ( even tho she probably is a fantastic women ).

Block the ex's mothers emails and get over this, or remain in the loop and keep the door ever so slightly open, and get hurt.

I know ur a preacher of taking care of number one Cali Guy, so why dont you?

thats an excellent question PIPPEN2K...

Because deep down he still loves his ex and wants her back..