His girlfriend is jealous of our friendship!

Oh! Good luck with the catty thing. Let me know when you figure out how to make that face. I would LOVE to whither some of those mean girls with it.

you gotta wear lots of lipstick pout your lips out a bit ,look at them from the side and roll your eyes reallllllllll slow while smiling.:D:rolleyes:

It sure does. The whole concept of crisco is just so gross. But I grew up thinking good friend chicken cannot be without it's buddy, crisco.

I think crisco qualifies as "shady". I should have used it as my example earlier in the thread.

The thing is, I value my friendship with chicken. But I just cannot stand that crisco. What a nutjob.

Very witty , I'm at a loss as to how to respond.

blind_otter

Yeah boy. I love it when I silence people with my aggressive wit.

jk - it's been a bane to my existence for years.

Yeah boy. I love it when I silence people with my aggressive wit.

jk - it's been a bane to my existence for years.

weve gone overboard on this one. I hope the OP dosn't get too confused.

brightskies
Also I never tell my BF to give up his female friends. I just don't date men who have female friends, period.

Otter,

Where do you find such men? Honestly, sometimes, I'd prefer a guy like this myself, it's so much simpler this way. :)

All the men I've dated have never had female friends. I kind of assumed that was the norm, not the exception.

blind_otter
Otter,

Where do you find such men? Honestly, sometimes, I'd prefer a guy like this myself, it's so much simpler this way. :)

My exH had tons of female friends. Ultimately I feel that was because he was like a woman with a penis.

I tend to date manly men who are into sports and work with their hands. They usually have no women working with them. And in their spare time they fish, golf, and play poker. Also non-feminine past times. Luckily I like to fish and golf and am pretty outdoorsy. That's about it.

brightskies
All the men I've dated have never had female friends. I kind of assumed that was the norm, not the exception.

What?! Where?! How do I catch myself one? You and Otter are lucky! I want one of those. Why can't I order the type of man I want like I can order take out? My current bf and I are just entering the "What's up with your female friends" mine field. I'm attempting to navigate ... um, very cautiously. He's a "manly man" who works with his hands and likes camping. But he still has close female friends. It's really so unfair because my close friends are gay men. These guys, they see female pussy, and they say, "Eww, gross." So, it's not like my bf has anything to worry about. Heh.

Maybe I should start fishing. And camping.

Sorry, was this a thread hijack? Maybe I should start a new thread.

• 1 month later...
  • Author
simplybrill

I've now realized, after some time has passed and I've gotten a chance to gain some perspective on things that:

1. I should have seen this situation for what it was, and stopped making excuses for this guy, and myself. we both should have walked away once both of us realized there was an obvious attraction.

2. The grass is not always greener, and if the guy was jerky enough to be talking to me like that, when he had a gf- that he would one day do it to me too.

3. I just feel horrible for putting myself in such a stupid situation. This guy was a jerk, and I was a jerk for sticking around and listening to him bash his gf all the time who happens to not be psycho after all- she just saw him for what he was, and he couldnt handle it.

We live, we learn, we make mistakes and for heaven sakes we stay the hell away from anyone who looks like they might have a girlfriend, friend or no friend.

Thanks for your feedback, your brutal honesty brought me back to reality on this one. :o

• 2 weeks later...
brightskies
I've now realized, after some time has passed and I've gotten a chance to gain some perspective on things that:

1. I should have seen this situation for what it was, and stopped making excuses for this guy, and myself. we both should have walked away once both of us realized there was an obvious attraction.

2. The grass is not always greener, and if the guy was jerky enough to be talking to me like that, when he had a gf- that he would one day do it to me too.

3. I just feel horrible for putting myself in such a stupid situation. This guy was a jerk, and I was a jerk for sticking around and listening to him bash his gf all the time who happens to not be psycho after all- she just saw him for what he was, and he couldnt handle it.

We live, we learn, we make mistakes and for heaven sakes we stay the hell away from anyone who looks like they might have a girlfriend, friend or no friend.

Thanks for your feedback, your brutal honesty brought me back to reality on this one. :o

Kudos to you. It takes a lot of courage to finally see and then understand. :)

i have been in this, and my bf cut off a friendship. They were just friends but there was one slip a couple years before me. I was ok with there friendship BUT she was a bitch. She was rude to me and her and her little friends were rude to me. They had nothing nice to say. I gave it 6 months or so trying to include myself in there convo's. She would never go up to him if i was there because she thought i was rubbing my relationship in her face on purpose because guys dont like her like that much. Anyway, needless to say they are not friends.

If you want to remain KIND OF friends with him you MUST befriend her. That is the only way. I have done it for guys friends i have. Kiss the girlfriends ass...and stop texting him. Call him once in a great while and include his gf.