B*tch W spends savings!!

If my husband cheated on me and left me for another woman, I'd take all the money too. Why should I care what's fair and all that crap after the guy humiliated me and destroyed my world. Not only would I take all the money I could, but I'd get as much child support & alimony allowed, plus the house and all the other assets. I'd use my position as a mother to get the courts sympathy and everything that goes with it, and if I felt the courts were going to split things up 50/50, then I'd drag out the lawsuit for as long as I possibly could eating up all the savings and depleting them by the time we got to trial. I wouldn't stop until I knew he would have to file for bankruptcy at the end of the trial. Of course, I would still have the money I took and stashed before everything was under scrutiny by the courts. If he had any nasty little habits such as drug use, drinking too much, I'd hire a PI to get proof and then put the PI on the witness stand. This way I could threaten him with sole custody of the children if he didn't give me everything I wanted.

I wouldn't cheat on me.

AWESOME post!! :laugh:

It never really ceases to amaze me how people can post about their morally reprehensible deeds on a public messageboard, without a glimmer of alturism or compassion for the people they are harming, and then act surprised when they receive a negative reaction from the public audience.

Maybe I should make a post about how much hard work I put into scamming little old ladies from their pension funds and then turn around and say "Oh, what, like you've guys have never done anything wrong. Who are you to judge?" Because that would make it all okay.

Truer words I have not heard in a long time. I also love how these types "lash out" at anyone that doesn't support their position as "I guess you have been hurt in the past and are just bitter". I was under the impression that this forum was about a free exchange of ideas - not a support group for home wreckers.

I was under the impression that this forum was about a free exchange of ideas - not a support group for home wreckers.

Well that's probably where you're going wrong. The OM/OW forum description:

"Support and discussion for those who find themselves involved with a committed partner"

When I found out that my hubby of almost twenty years was planning a little getaway with the OW for a four day weekend (he had bought 5,000.00 worth of gifts for her and had them all wrapped - I found the receipts -hence knowing the truth) I set a plan into motion for the next four days.

I never slept for the entire time he was gone. I am a nice person and loved him immensely but he knew I wouldn't put up with the cheating again!

My best friend helped me move a large amount of money into accounts that he could never find or access. It gave me and my kids a sense of security for the months that have come along. No need for them to be worried about how to survive.

Was it mean? NOOOOOO - just smart!

Every lawyer I spoke to said they wished I could write a book about what to do ahead of time, given the chance. We even did simple things like moving my kids school work off of one computer (his) and onto the other so they would still have the work they needed when I asked him to move right away! We changed the locks and the garage door codes for access to the house, the alarm passcode, everything to protect ourselves from his deceitful ways.

I loved him and trusted him, and when he disrespected me and our kids, he got what he deserved, the idea that his power was taken away for us to feel secure. He was beside himself without his "power."

I don't call that being a bitch! I call it being SMART! ;)

She trusted him with his penis, his love and the vows they took when they got married. I am sure she didn't ever think he'd stoop so low and be so down dirty and cheat on her.

I'm sorry, this is a case of what goes around, comes around. She lost her husband to you and she is reacting out. I know two wrongs do not make a right, but in this case it's hard to feel bad for your MM.

Oh, man, WWIU, did you ever nail this one on the head!

Chances are he's making the majority of the money in their relationship, and he's walking out on her. Yeah, I'd be stashing money, too, in that case, so I could pay the bills and feed my children when the man who VOWED to be faithful to me forever ran off with someone else.

he told her flat out....its OVER, not going to happen. And its not like she had DAYS to mull this over, its been 2 years and she still doesn't get it. Until NOW! And now her denial has turned into anger and hurt and she is looking to make it very painful for him. If a person is not in love with you no more, and wants to leave the relationship, let them go. You can't make someone love you, you can't make someone feel something they don't.

Equally, you can't make someone stop hating you when you have hurt them. You can't make them stop feeling what they feel. Her feelings may well be negative and unhealthy, but I guess she's taking the line of "scratch me and you draw your own blood". No doubt she'll carry on doing that until she's completed the process of loss and change.

In time, she'll resolve her feelings about this matter and hopefully find happiness again with someone new. The money she's squirreled away will make the pain easier for her to bear...so I think it was wise and practical - rather than bitchy - for her to take that step. You can't put a price on emotional pain, but she's obviously decided to have a damn good try.

I think you'll feel an awful better about this if you just let go of the resentment you have towards your partner's STBXW, and just let her enjoy the money she's stashed away. She can splash out on a couple of holidays, a new wardrobe -maybe some cosmetic surgery. Surely you don't begrudge her a bit of fun, after what she's been through?