https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-03-03/scientists-discover-why-blood-type-may-matter-for-covid-infection

Interesting article. People with blood type A may want to get the vaccine more than others.  Covid - 19 seems to like the respiratory cells in people with type A blood more than other blood types.

I’m type A and have got my two shots of the Moderna vaccine.  

Edited by Piddy
  • Thanks 1
HadMeOverABarrel
On 2/16/2021 at 11:50 AM, HappilyMarried said:

I have had now two doses of the Pfizer here in the States. I had 2nd one on Sat. I have done very well no side effects (knock on wood) so far.

My mother said that all her (elderly) friends took the Pfizer vaccine. None experienced side effects with Pfizer. They are in their mid-70's to early 80's.

HadMeOverABarrel
On 2/19/2021 at 10:09 AM, Happy Lemming said:

"Women, 34 and 44, dressed up as seniors to get COVID-19 vaccine, officials say"

Source: https://www.fox29.com/news/orange-co-health-officials-women-dressed-up-as-seniors-to-try-and-get-covid-19-vaccine

Lol! Crazy. Florida is hot for vaccines. My mom's friends all came to Florida just to be vaccinated. 

On 3/2/2021 at 5:46 PM, Happy Lemming said:

My mother lives cross country from me and is still waiting for an appointment

Has she checked with her regular doctor to see if they can help? 

Some people in my state are traveling several hours (within the State) to get theirs because our city hasn't received  an equitable share of the vaccine.  The rural communities have more than they need.  I don't understand why this has all been such a logistical mess.  

Happy Lemming
9 minutes ago, FMW said:

Has she checked with her regular doctor to see if they can help? 

Some people in my state are traveling several hours (within the State) to get theirs because our city hasn't received  an equitable share of the vaccine.  The rural communities have more than they need.  I don't understand why this has all been such a logistical mess.  

Yes... her doctor gave her the web-site that he wanted her registered on.  He was rather specific, so we are following his instructions.

Yes, my mother is older (lives in a rural area) and can only drive locally.  I've talked to her about using various shuttle services, but she is resistant ( I think she is a bit scared of them).  After I get my vaccine, I'm going to ask her if she wants me to fly in (cross country) and drive her to wherever we can get her the vaccine. 

I know it sounds stupid for me to fly 6-7 hours across the US just to drive my mother a few hours to a vaccine facility, but I think she is scared and wants someone she knows to help her and hold her hand.

Yes, the logistics are a bit of a mess.  I think its just a lot of people, high demand and limited supply that is making it all difficult, so problems arise.  For me, other than the web-site being persnickety and going up and down, the rest of the process is being handled smoothly.   I made a "dry run" down to the Stadium where the shots are being administered and it was well organized, lots of signs, lots of people to help move you through.  My girlfriend who received her shot, said she didn't get out of her car and was in and out within 45 minutes (which included a 15 minute -- post vaccination "watch" period). She said it was very organized, everyone was helpful and everything was carefully explained to her.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Happy Lemming said:

Yes... her doctor gave her the web-site that he wanted her registered on.  He was rather specific, so we are following his instructions.

Yes, my mother is older (lives in a rural area) and can only drive locally.  I've talked to her about using various shuttle services, but she is resistant ( I think she is a bit scared of them).  After I get my vaccine, I'm going to ask her if she wants me to fly in (cross country) and drive her to wherever we can get her the vaccine. 

I know it sounds stupid for me to fly 6-7 hours across the US just to drive my mother a few hours to a vaccine facility, but I think she is scared and wants someone she knows to help her and hold her hand.

Yes, the logistics are a bit of a mess.  I think its just a lot of people, high demand and limited supply that is making it all difficult, so problems arise.  For me, other than the web-site being persnickety and going up and down, the rest of the process is being handled smoothly.   I made a "dry run" down to the Stadium where the shots are being administered and it was well organized, lots of signs, lots of people to help move you through.  My girlfriend who received her shot, said she didn't get out of her car and was in and out within 45 minutes (which included a 15 minute -- post vaccination "watch" period). She said it was very organized, everyone was helpful and everything was carefully explained to her.

Where I live, the vaccine distribution is getting better. 

Happy Lemming

My girlfriend is getting her second shot this afternoon.  I'm waiting to here back from her to see how it went.

I told her if she doesn't feel well afterwards, I'll come get her and bring her to my house to recuperate.

Katkats7777

how likely will some of you guys go out to eat at restaurants, crowds maskless after the 2nd shot? 

Look at Texas for example? Do you dare?

Happy Lemming
5 minutes ago, Katkats7777 said:

how likely will some of you guys go out to eat at restaurants, crowds maskless after the 2nd shot? 

We won't go out to eat and we won't go maskless.  We will travel and attempt to hike some trails and visit some Nat'l Parks (out doors stuff).  Nothing indoors.

I'd like to fly (cross country) and help my mother with a few things.  She is scared and needs help.  I'll definitely wear a mask if I fly and I'll consult with my doctor about precautions and suggestions.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Katkats7777 said:

Once my family members and I are vaccinated I'm going to go out maskless as long as the public has been given the green light to do so safely.

Fletch Lives
On 2/19/2021 at 10:09 AM, Happy Lemming said:

"Women, 34 and 44, dressed up as seniors to get COVID-19 vaccine, officials say"

That was me. I'm not sorry 😆

On 3/5/2021 at 8:43 PM, Katkats7777 said:

I have had both shots, and I sat inside a restaurant a few weeks ago with some other people who were also fully vaccinated. It was just too dang cold to sit outside. That was the first time I've sat inside a restaurant since last March.

I look forward to getting on a plane again at some point. Maybe this summer. 

On 2/19/2021 at 6:03 PM, Piddy said:

I haven’t met anyone who had any side effects from the first dose.  Except for a sore arm.

My H had the whole list! (Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine) FIL (in his 90s) had none with Pfizer. Other family members in their 50s with Pfizer reported sore arm, fatigue, slight muscle pains. 

I’m getting my first dose next week :)

• Like 2

I had a sore arm and I could not sleep last night but other than that I feel fine. She just had a sore arm and that is it. We both had the Johnson and Johnson one where you need one shot.

6 hours ago, Prudence V said:

My H had the whole list! (Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine) FIL (in his 90s) had none with Pfizer. Other family members in their 50s with Pfizer reported sore arm, fatigue, slight muscle pains. 

I’m getting my first dose next week :)

What blood type is your husband?  Most people are fine with the first jab.  Second jab is where the effects kick in for many.

Anecdotal evidence on my golf forum falls in line with type A’s having the most side effects and type O having the least.

My 85 year old mother in law had her second jab last Friday and she had one bad night with a fever etc..  Next day she was fine.  She doesn’t know her blood type though.🙂

Edited by Piddy
Happy Lemming

I received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday.  No side effects, whatsoever.

The process was quite easy.  I never got out of my car and was done in 30 minutes, which included a 15 minute (safety) waiting period.  It was all very organized.

@PiddyMy blood type is A+  I'll provide an update after my second dose.

• Like 1
HappilyMarried

My wife just received her 2nd does of the Moderna vaccine an hour ago. Thank goodness I have already had my 2nd dose of the Pfizer on Feb. 13th so hopefully we will be able to get back to some normalcy we have been separated in our home for what will be a year in two weeks. Today marks 1 year as the last day I worked at my part-time job (substitute teaching) I was to afraid to bring something home to my wife due her high risk if she were to contract the virus.

23 hours ago, Happy Lemming said:

I received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday.  No side effects, whatsoever.

The process was quite easy.  I never got out of my car and was done in 30 minutes, which included a 15 minute (safety) waiting period.  It was all very organized.

@PiddyMy blood type is A+  I'll provide an update after my second dose.

Anecdotal evidence says you have the highest chance of feeling some effects after the second jab.  Shouldn’t last long though if you do have some.  

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
3 hours ago, Piddy said:

Anecdotal evidence says you have the highest chance of feeling some effects after the second jab.  Shouldn’t last long though if you do have some.  

Thanks... I'll update after the second shot.

Happy Lemming

@Piddy Can you ask around in your golf group of friends that have had the vaccine about sleep...  It seems I'm sleeping better after getting the vaccine... good solid sleep, which is not my norm.

It is possible, my brain is more relaxed and not worrying about the pandemic, now; thus it is allowing me to sleep better??

I'm just curious if anyone in your data group has stated they are sleeping better.

Thank you in advance.

My second shot of Moderna did give me chills and a low-grade temp. for about 4 hours. I also felt more fatigued that night but was back to normal the next day. I still have a swollen lymph node under my arm from the first Moderna shot in January. 

On 3/6/2021 at 2:43 AM, Katkats7777 said:

I'm not in the US, and masks have been mandatory here since May, but before we went back into lockdown, in January, from May until then I was eating in a restaunt every singleweek, sometimes more than once. 

I'm not sure when I'll have my vaccine, but you can bet your ass I'm gonna be at a restaurant as soon as they open in about a month!

17 hours ago, Happy Lemming said:

@Piddy Can you ask around in your golf group of friends that have had the vaccine about sleep...  It seems I'm sleeping better after getting the vaccine... good solid sleep, which is not my norm.

It is possible, my brain is more relaxed and not worrying about the pandemic, now; thus it is allowing me to sleep better??

I'm just curious if anyone in your data group has stated they are sleeping better.

Thank you in advance.

Sure I’ll ask and get back to you.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, BC1980 said:

My second shot of Moderna did give me chills and a low-grade temp. for about 4 hours. I also felt more fatigued that night but was back to normal the next day. I still have a swollen lymph node under my arm from the first Moderna shot in January. 

Do you know your blood type?