LDR complicated with regrets

Confusedcupcakegirl

Too vague of a question.  What I would suggest for the regret of eating a box of candy would be totally different than the regret of robbing a bank

• Author
Confusedcupcakegirl
9 minutes ago, smackie9 said:

Regret sleeping with some bozo off a dating app? eating too much? getting drunk? regret what?

Sleeping with a guy

Forgive yourself as a start.  It was something you did.  Now you regret it so learn from it.  Think about what caused you to say yes & avoid similar pressures in the future. 

For now in the short term, redirect your energy.  Go for a walk.  Clean your house.  Call a friend.   

Try good self talk too.  Remind yourself that you can't change what happened so there is no use dwelling on it.  Giving him rent free space in your head is not helping.  

If you are still seeing him really think long & hard about whether you want to continue.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Confusedcupcakegirl

Something happened last month that changed me. A really bad experience. I don’t know what to think or do now. I want to be happy again but I don’t know if I can be now. It was so traumatizing. I feel sick thinking about it. I just can’t shake it. How can I help myself? Please anything is appreciated

Usually reaching out and getting the support of a close friend (I know not everyone is lucky enough to have one) is the best therapy when you are feeling sad.

someone on your side to hear your story can boost your morale.

take a chance and reach out to your family or contacts.

Hey,

If you feel this way and you don't share it, it can manifest itself inside you in ways that may ultimately harm you and your life.  You've got to talk about it with someone that you trust.  Can be a therapist or a friend or family member.  But sometimes, I've found, sharing with a complete stranger can be far more helpful, as you won't have to worry so much about how it might affect their view of you, or the connected relationships.  So, perhaps talking about it here on this thread or with someone here privately may be helpful.   Hearing a perspective that comes from someone other than yourself in general can help bring you perspective about it.   Even just them listening to you while you let it out, can make the difference. Can take the weight of it off of you.

Don't live in your own head 

- Beach

Edited by Beachead
  • Like 1
On 12/24/2020 at 2:23 PM, Confusedcupcakegirl said:

Something happened last month that changed me. A really bad experience. I don’t know what to think or do now. I want to be happy again but I don’t know if I can be now. It was so traumatizing. I feel sick thinking about it. I just can’t shake it. How can I help myself? Please anything is appreciated

We are here for you.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Removed personal message.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Confusedcupcakegirl

He tells me things happened at certain dates. Then I ask other people and they say something different. He tried to minimize things he does. I’m kind of worried. I would say more but I’m afraid he’ll stumble across this

ExpatInItaly

Your post is too vague to comment on, OP

What sort of things is he minimizing? You need to add some further details if you hope for constructive feedback. 

• Like 2
Versacehottie

Your post is too vague to comment on. What types of lies, what type of minimizing, what type of monitoring are you doing? Details will help & you can provide them in a way that won't show who it's about.

• Like 2

Confusedcupcakegirl you'd be surprised how many stories just like yours have already been written on here. Just don't use name. 

And why are you posting about it? The obvious thing to do is to not associate with someone like that. No brainer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
Confusedcupcakegirl
17 minutes ago, Versacehottie said:

Your post is too vague to comment on. What types of lies, what type of minimizing, what type of monitoring are you doing? Details will help & you can provide them in a way that won't show who it's about.

I talked to his ex and the dates about when he said things happened don’t add up. And she knew how long we’d been talking but she said she doesn’t talk to him anymore 

If the only disparities have been between what he's told you and what his ex told you (why are talking to her anyway?), she could be the one not being truthful.  If there are other people with different versions of what he's told you, then it's reasonable to believe he is the one lying.  

But obviously you don't trust him, whatever the case.  So stop seeing him.  

• Like 1
  • Author
Confusedcupcakegirl
22 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

So he told you he was single and as per his ex...he was not single at that certain date?

Yeah something like that. It’s just all really confusing and I don’t know what to think right now

ExpatInItaly
1 hour ago, Confusedcupcakegirl said:

I talked to his ex and the dates about when he said things happened don’t add up. And she knew how long we’d been talking but she said she doesn’t talk to him anymore 

Meaning he was passing himself off as single (to you) when he really wasn't?

What led you to reach out to his ex about this?

Some context about your relationship would be helpful. 

Cookiesandough

Uh if this is anything about the subject of your last threads I think you should block and delete forever. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Interstellar said:

Sounds like your gut is telling you something. 

Yup! It’s telling you this guy is not trustworthy. Ignore that to your own peril. 

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Shortskirtslonglashes said:

Uh if this is anything about the subject of your last threads I think you should block and delete forever. 

Yes, those posts are very concerning. Please be safe OP

• Like 2

Just trust your instincts and don't associate with a guy that your gut is telling you is being dishonest.  Nothing good can come of this.

• Like 1
  • Author
Confusedcupcakegirl
2 hours ago, Shortskirtslonglashes said:

It’s the same person 

ExpatInItaly
4 minutes ago, Confusedcupcakegirl said:

It’s the same person 

Oh, man. 

This whole situation is so bad for your mental health, as evidenced by your other threads. 

Why haven't you cut him out of your life yet?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Confusedcupcakegirl said:

He tells me things happened at certain dates. Then I ask other people and they say something different. He tried to minimize things he does. I’m kind of worried. I would say more but I’m afraid he’ll stumble across this

The guy you slept who creeped you out because of his fetishes?

Then, I would encourage you to seek a virtual therapist right now to help you sort out why you allow yourself to get involved with these types of people. 

• Like 1