How would you respond?

miranda561
34 minutes ago, LB2016 said:

...and I was and he KNEW how much I was which makes it even harder. It’s like, if you weren’t into me fine. But, don’t use my feelings to your advantage. 

Yes, much easier said than done- especially when not in the situation. 

Its shameful how some men conduct themselves.

Like find someone  else who is going to be ok with a fwb situation. There are women who are alright with that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Author

Oh yeah, many signs. But because I liked him so much, because I was afraid to lose THAT feeling and him, and because I didn’t know my worth, I settled and kept accepting the crumbs AND the BS. I was fresh out of a divorce and this was the first guy I dated...and I was CRAZY about him. He made me feel a way that I never even felt with my ex. Sad, but true. 

Now looking back and going through this, Ive changed and realized so much. I won’t be foolish and say I’ll be THAT strong and immediately cut it off if this occurs again with a different man (Bc we know how misconstrued our judgement gets when we’re into someone lol!) but hopefully I’ll recognize things SOONER and know to cut it off sooner as well.

I’m too old for this sh** and frankly am starting to feel like if you don’t want to be with me, then go. I’m MORE than fine on my own. 

• Thanks 2
  • Author
8 minutes ago, miranda561 said:

Its shameful how some men conduct themselves.

Like find someone  else who is going to be ok with a fwb situation. There are women who are alright with that. 

YES!! I can’t tell you how many times he’d say I was a “great” person and knew how I’d make a great wife, etc...and you do me dirty like that...? That’s how you treat “great” people? You fade out of their life after you get intimate with them and move on with your life. Very nice. 

He was playing me all along. 

Edited by LB2016
  • Sad 1
  • Mad 1
Cookiesandough

Oh wow... he sounds so slimy. Yea, fresh out of a divorce is a time. . . He had his place for you. He is a lesson. Lessons make us better and sounds like you’ve learned a lot about yourself and what you want now.   Honestly, my policy has always been you’re either saying hell yes or hell no. There’s no middle ground. No games whatsoever... And sure I might of missed out on some good guys who could have been but I’m sure I  also missed a lot of time wasters. Oh well. I hope you find closure soon x 

Edited by Cookiesandough
miranda561
15 minutes ago, LB2016 said:

YES!! I can’t tell you how many times he’d say I was a “great” person and knew how I’d make a great wife, etc...and you do me dirty like that...? That’s how you treat “great” people? You fade out of their life after you get intimate with them and move on with your life. Very nice. 

He was playing me all along. 

It sounds like he was saying youre great but not for him. .oh i dunno i think i read that  wrong 😂. Trust me i know what youre saying..I've been there. 

I read in another thread that men basically bed women even if they don't  fancy them 🙄..because its a biological need for them to be physical ( a strong urge) and the woman they make their wife is someone  they deem to be the most attractive in their eyes. 😯

It just shows you how desperate men really can be. 

• Shocked 1
CaliforniaGirl
1 hour ago, miranda561 said:

There are times i take someone not responding as theyre annoyed at me..so not responding...

And if they reply like everythings cool in a more complacent manner. .i think that  shows  they're  indifferent

But if she's actually just indifferent she won't care how he takes it. It just literally won't matter.

That's indifference.

She's already responded many times in the past with how cool she is with it being over, that's his cue that he's minutes away from getting laid.

• Like 1
miranda561
1 minute ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

But if she's actually just indifferent she won't care how he takes it. It just literally won't matter.

That's indifference.

She's already responded many times in the past with how cool she is with it being over, that's his cue that he's minutes away from getting laid.

This time though he wont get the better of her. It will show him he aint got power over her any more. 

She can keep it short and sweet..he may think its his chance again. But this time it will be different 

CaliforniaGirl
Just now, miranda561 said:

This time though he wont get the better of her. It will show him he aint got power over her any more. 

She can keep it short and sweet..he may think its his chance again. But this time it will be different 

Sure, Miranda... 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Author
26 minutes ago, Cookiesandough said:

Oh wow... he sounds so slimy. Yea, fresh out of a divorce is a time. . . He had his place for you. He is a lesson. Lessons make us better and sounds like you’ve learned a lot about yourself and what you want now.   Honestly, my policy has always been you’re either saying hell yes or hell no. There’s no middle ground. No games whatsoever... And sure I might of missed out on some good guys who could have been but I’m sure I  also missed a lot of time wasters. Oh well. I hope you find closure soon x 

Thank you!

Yes, a huge lesson indeed. There’s always good that can be found and I am able to find it despite the outcome. 

I LOVE your policy. It’s simple and clear- no in between, which is what so often trips us up! I am going to use it myself from now on👍

• Like 2