I think I’m psychic

There are lots of naive and gullible people in this world and some of them will be visiting a so-called psychic tomorrow.

I'm curious what would you have thought in my dad's position-. When he was 18 or 19 and travelling through Morocco, more then one palm readers and Sharman- told him that based on his palms, he would have a massive heart attack at age 41 and while it would be absolutely as had as it gets----. He would survive.

It's interesting how at age 41 he suffered a very severe heart attack due to a rare generic defect he wasn't aware of. He should have died. Oh.. and he doesn't believe in palmistry or psychics. He wasn't living his life in so much fear that he happened to cause his own heart attack at age 41. He thought nothing of his palm readings.

Those two palm readers must have just randomly chosen age 41 and a heart attack as their "disease of the day" for their fake cold readings:lmao:

Justanaverageguy
I'm curious what would you have thought in my dad's position-. When he was 18 or 19 and travelling through Morocco, more then one palm readers and Sharman- told him that based on his palms, he would have a massive heart attack at age 41 and while it would be absolutely as had as it gets----. He would survive.

It's interesting how at age 41 he suffered a very severe heart attack due to a rare generic defect he wasn't aware of. He should have died. Oh.. and he doesn't believe in palmistry or psychics. He wasn't living his life in so much fear that he happened to cause his own heart attack at age 41. He thought nothing of his palm readings.

Hmmmm so my opinion ^^^^ this type of thing is something you should be very very wary of and why you shouldn't just go to anyone who calls themselves a psychic. To be clear I already stated I believe and have experienced psychic intuition ..... but this isn't that. This I would call fortune telling. This is simply prophesying events into someones life - which in modern times is basically the law of attraction. And generally if someone does have some notable psychic \ intuitive abilities - there ability to use law of attraction is also stronger. If you look at older spiritual teachings like the bible this concept was stated simply as: "Thou shall decree a thing and it will be established in your life." and demonstrated explicitly through Jesus cursing a fig tree which then withered and died. Your words have power.

Essentially - you need to watch what you say about yourself - and watch what you allow others - particularly those with elevated psychic abilities - say will happen to you because by placing energy into that situation you make it more likely to happen. This is how much of psychic 'prediction' works. Its why in teachings like Christianity people are encouraged to "prophesize" good things about their friends and neighbours. Also known as blessing them.

I've been to legitimate and very accurate physic intuitives in my life and never had them say anything like this because they understand this law. Generally they will "read you" and tell you what is happening in your life currently - events taking place now or which happened recently in the past - people who are involved in those situations - maybe even health issues - then try to explain the dynamics of the situations and options available to you and potential future paths you can take. But they don't tell you what will happen. They don't tell you your destiny. They more give you the map - lay out the forks in the road and the paths available so you can as an individual can make a better more informed choice for yourself about what you want moving forward. Basically they are there to help and guide you to make an informed choice - not explicitly decide your destiny for you.

For me there is a big difference between this type of psychic intuition - understanding information about a person and particular events in their life to give advice on how to help ...... and prophesying very negative events into someones life. This in old times would be called "cursing" someone.

Edited by Justanaverageguy
  • Like 1
Ruby Slippers

^ Totally agree. When anyone asks me for any intuitive guidance, I try to guide them toward a positive outcome, remind them to steer clear of worry and dwelling upon negative possibilities, encourage them to invest their energy in positive directions. Focus and discipline are about the best that any of us can do.

• Like 1
Yeah I sort of believe genuine psychics aren't reliable precisely because --- true psychic information doesn't come on tap or on request !! They just cannot know everything about every individual they read on....that's the opposite of what true abilities are.

EXACTLY!! True psychic information isn't instantaneous or available on tap like beer or alcohol. (bad analogy but you know what I mean).

I can't remember who pointed it out, but it's true you have to be in an alpha state of relaxation; basically, have your guard completely down, to "receive" information.

It's not like intuitive people can pick out winning lottery tickets either. That's not how it works unfortunately. Oh, that it could work that way!

• Like 1
Justanaverageguy

I can't remember who pointed it out, but it's true you have to be in an alpha state of relaxation; basically, have your guard completely down, to "receive" information.

Yes definitely and seems to be why most in this space are meditators which makes this state more natural and normal. In order to receive - you need a clear line. For most of us we really have to work to get into that state.

Another fun little "psychic game" you can play to test this type of thing out is trying to get someone who you are friends with but have maybe lost contact with or not spoken with in some time to reach out and contact you.

Decide on a set time of maybe 10-15mins to meditate and get into that relaxed zen state. Maybe early in the morning or before you go to bed at night. Maybe both. After the meditation whilst in this calm peaceful state - consciously bring focus and attention to that friend who you haven't spoken with in a long time. Visualize their face. Feel the positive friendly happy vibes you have towards that person. Then visualize yourself being contacted by that person - however would be easiest for them to reach out to you. Phone or maybe txt or facebook - visualize it. Then feel the emotion of how great it will be to get the text or phone call and reconnect, imagine catching up on everything that has been going on in their lives. Imagine filling them in on all the recent happenings and events in yours. Feel the positive connection you have with this person. Spend a few minutes on this - then close off the meditation with a smile. Repeat this for a few days then wait and see what happens. You might be surprised :)

Another fun little "psychic game" you can play to test this type of thing out is trying to get someone who you are friends with but have maybe lost contact with or not spoken with in some time to reach out and contact you.

Visualization is good because it helps you narrow your focus. Does it manifest a reunion or help a new connection start? Meh. The jury's still out on that one. Lots of business leadership books written on using visualization to get that dream job etc.,. but none of them are intuitive psychics.

I usually write down a list to narrow my focus on someone or something I want to manifest and bring to life.

Once, I made a list of my ideal guy. Waited 3 months and then I thought I'd met him. But the universe has a sense of humor, he was FAR FROM IT but he still matched all the qualities on my list. :lmao:

Even with intuition abilities there's no guarantee that anything good happens.

• Like 1
Yes definitely and seems to be why most in this space are meditators which makes this state more natural and normal. In order to receive - you need a clear line. For most of us we really have to work to get into that state.

Decide on a set time of maybe 10-15mins to meditate and get into that relaxed zen state. Maybe early in the morning or before you go to bed at night. Maybe both. After the meditation whilst in this calm peaceful state - consciously bring focus and attention to that friend who you haven't spoken with in a long time. Visualize their face. Feel the positive friendly happy vibes you have towards that person. Then visualize yourself being contacted by that person - however would be easiest for them to reach out to you. Phone or maybe txt or facebook - visualize it. Then feel the emotion of how great it will be to get the text or phone call and reconnect, imagine catching up on everything that has been going on in their lives. Imagine filling them in on all the recent happenings and events in yours. Feel the positive connection you have with this person. Spend a few minutes on this - then close off the meditation with a smile. Repeat this for a few days then wait and see what happens. You might be surprised :)

It is my understanding, that invading someone’s energy field as stated above is not recommended and will bring bad karma.

If someone has psychic abilities, they should be using their energies to connect with Source, God or the Infinite unmanifested.

I would love to hear your thoughts. Have a beautiful day my friend!!!

Justanaverageguy
It is my understanding, that invading someone’s energy field as stated above is not recommended and will bring bad karma.

If someone has psychic abilities, they should be using their energies to connect with Source, God or the Infinite unmanifested.

I would love to hear your thoughts. Have a beautiful day my friend!!!

When you give someone a hug you are invading their energy field - does that bring bad karma ? :) We are interactive beings and its an impossibility not to interact with people around us and their energy field. My understanding is Karma is determined by the intention of the action and circumstances around it. I tried to create this exercise in a way that had minimum negative impact and was purely channeled towards creating a positive experience with a friend.

Positive beneficial actions bring uplifting energy and good karma - negative harmful actions bring negative energy and bad karma. Whilst I would admit - In most cases its easier and more logical to simply pick up the phone and call your friend you have lost contact with - if this little playful visualization exercise helps someone to better understand that their consciously directed thoughts and emotions can have an effect on others and the world around them - I think that can be greatly beneficial.

Because what is important to realize is most people are invading other peoples energy fields in this way every single day - its just done very unconsciously - and not always in a positive way. Maybe they are longing for someone who is in another relationship and they can't have. Maybe they are feeling anger or annoyance or jealously about others or complaining and saying negative things about someone without realizing these have subtle effects on them. When we place strong focus on complaining about negative behaviors of friends or partners people don't realize these are actually subtley reinforcing these behaviors. When we place focus on the positive beneficial aspects - the same happens.

If a playful excercise like the above can put someone back in touch with a friend - whilst at the same time also making them more consciously aware of these effects and lead them to becoming more conscious of their thoughts and words about themselves and others and channeling them in more positive ways I think it can only help to bring them (and hopefully those around them) more good karma and more happy positive experiences :)

I mean if you read spiritual stories of saints and sages - people like Jesus - Didn't he interfere with others energy field ? Of course he did. Yes he first connected with the high spiritual energy of God - then he channeled it towards the benefit of others. Healing the sick and transforming the lives of those suffering in a positive way. "Which is easier to say - Your sins are forgiven - or get up and walk ?"

Lots of business leadership books written on using visualization to get that dream job etc.,. but none of them are intuitive psychics.

So I would repeat what I said earlier. Everyone at some level has this ability. The difference I think is just the amount of spiritual energy and skill they have behind it which dictates how quickly and accurately it manifests. What we call "Intuitive psychics" from my experience are simply those who have 1. More spiritual Energy in their system and thus more power 2. Have also practiced and honed using this skill so its more accurate and effective. Elite business leaders or sports people who deliberately harness and use this law - I would consider to be "psychically" gifted as much as a person who actually defines them self with this title.

If a playful excercise like the above can put someone back in touch with a friend - whilst at the same time also making them more consciously aware of these effects and lead them to becoming more conscious of their thoughts and words about themselves and others and channeling them in more positive ways I think it can only help to bring them (and hopefully those around them) more good karma and more happy positive experiences :)

So I would repeat what I said earlier. Everyone at some level has this ability.

The difference I think is just the amount of spiritual energy and skill they have behind it which dictates how quickly and accurately it manifests.

What we call "Intuitive psychics" from my experience are simply those who have 1. More spiritual Energy in their system and thus more power 2. Have also practiced and honed using this skill so its more accurate and effective. Elite business leaders or sports people who deliberately harness and use this law - I would consider to be "psychically" gifted as much as a person who actually defines them self with this title.

According to Buddhism, Karma is not about right or wrong or fate. It is more simple than that. If you do something mean to someone, that doesn't automatically mean something negative happens to you to even it out.

So, the word "Karma" means "action." Karma is a Buddhist word that means action through thoughts, through words, and through deeds. So, karma is not about good or bad at all. It's not about fate. It's about the conclusion of a thought, word, or deed. The action, is the result of the thought, word, or deed.

But I do agree with you that everyone has intuition and that intuition is stronger in some people versus others.

Justanaverageguy
According to Buddhism, Karma is not about right or wrong or fate. It is more simple than that. If you do something mean to someone, that doesn't automatically mean something negative happens to you to even it out.

So, the word "Karma" means "action." Karma is a Buddhist word that means action through thoughts, through words, and through deeds. So, karma is not about good or bad at all. It's not about fate. It's about the conclusion of a thought, word, or deed. The action, is the result of the thought, word, or deed.

I guess it depends on the specific lineage your looking at. You are right that the word Karma on its own merely means action or work. But in most of the Buddhist and also the Vedic/Hindu/Yogic lineages they have very deep complex teachings around this which go beyond the word karma on its own and are interrelated with the concepts of Samsara and rebirth.

Within this there is also the concept of "Karma Phala". Phala meaning fruit. Together meaning "Fruit of action" - Or the result of ones actions. They have teachings around this which equate basically to the Christian law that "As you sow - so shall you reap". What you plant - you will have to consume. There isn't necessarily a belief that you will go through identical circumstances - but there is a belief that there will be negative consequences for wrong or immoral behavior which impacts others and the opposite for positive beneficial actions - at least in the lineages I've studied

Justanaverageguy

So did anyone else try this experiment ? Curious to hear.

The day I posted it - I decided to do it for a friend who moved to the USA who I haven't seen or spoken with in 2 years. I specifically focused on and visualized getting Facebook message from them. I just focused it on for a couple of meditation sessions around the day I posted it and haven't thought about it since ... Got a Facebook message from them today. First contact in 2 years :)

Whenever I try that "trick," it takes weeks or months for me to "manifest" the person back into my life. Sounds like you have a stronger connection and can manifest the person back into your life really quickly!

Hi!

I get what your saying. The intention must be about what is pure right and true. However, how many of us can say we truly have this? I find most often with these tricks the ego and selfish desires gets involved.

Ancient sages and saints all had very high level of consciousness. They sought to bring freedom and joy to all souls of this earth. The intention of Jesus was that of pure love and peace. Yes, he went into other’s energy fields, but only so that person can be aware of the God like qualities within themselves.

Yes, we should love others. Yes we should pray and bless others. But, I don’t think coercing someone to think, feel and then contact us achieves this. And what you describe is very powerful and not for someone who is just learning about their spiritual or psychic powers.

This is why I protect my energy everyday.

Sending this message with the most compassion and love possible. :)

Have a beautiful day my friend!!!

Justanaverageguy

I get what your saying. The intention must be about what is pure right and true. However, how many of us can say we truly have this? I find most often with these tricks the ego and selfish desires gets involved.

Ancient sages and saints all had very high level of consciousness. They sought to bring freedom and joy to all souls of this earth. The intention of Jesus was that of pure love and peace. Yes, he went into other’s energy fields, but only so that person can be aware of the God like qualities within themselves.

Hmmmm Ok I respect your thoughts on this matter and I do understand what your getting at - but I think I explained why I feel differently. That I feel its a positive on 2 fronts.

1. It reconnects you with an old friend. In my own case I have now started chatting again with my friend after too long out of contact. I think its positive for both of us. To be clear - this is a very good friend. I was actually the best man and his wedding so the fact we had lost contact was actually something I had been thinking about recently. I don't personally see an issue with consciously willing a very positive friendship back into my life. We have been friends since we were about 7 years old - but understand if you feel differently. I think the person you select is important to be sure its purely coming from a good place.

2. I think its a good learning tool - especially for others who arent really sure yet if this type of thing is possible. You are right we aren't ascended masters or saints like Jesus. But bringing conscious attention to your thoughts and how you direct your energy and actually getting real confirmation and feed back this has an effect I think is incredibly important step for many people today. Seeing that when you focus them in a positive way towards positive experiences with friends those things can and will manifest. This can really bring more discipline, focus and determination to continue on that path - not just for yourself but for others in your family and close community.

I mean how many people actually pray today ? How many people even believe in the power of prayer and know what that really means ? If people are able to experience something small like this ..... don't you think it might change their understanding and as a result behaviors ? If this little visualization exercise can provide confirmation for someone about the power they have within them - the power to bring positive experiences, the power to perhaps remove negative experiences and suffering from others ..... isn't that a good thing ?

I do understand why you have reservations - but I think like I said people are unconsciously using this power constantly every day - randomly sending signals out everywhere - often very negative ones based on what ever emotion they happen to be feeling about a particular person. Seeing a positive intention manifest I think is very important because it makes them conscious of the negative intentions. They start to learn to harness and focus thoughts and intentions in a more positive way I think is a very important step on the spiritual path.

Justanaverageguy

Yes, we should love others. Yes we should pray and bless others. But, I don’t think coercing someone to think, feel and then contact us achieves this. And what you describe is very powerful and not for someone who is just learning about their spiritual or psychic powers.

I would consider this type of thing below to be overstepping personal bounds when it comes to psychic manipulation of others.

A story by a very well known and popular christian minister - Francis Chan - using this type of power to choose who his daughter married. :eek: Clearly the more power you get from god - the faster intentions and desires manifest. I'm not ok with this type of thing - but I think despite being a minister - one who clearly has god working in his life - he maybe still hasn't really fully understood the power he has been granted. That the power comes from god - but he has power to direct it. This type of thing is very different to what I described and I don't think he really even understands he has potentially completely changed the course of someone life ..... who knows maybe God decided it was a good idea - but I think taking baby steps, observing weird little coincidences like the OP posted about and learning how it works, focusing on positive experiences and seeing small things manifest like I described can help prevent randomly and perhaps irresponsibly wielding this power without fully understanding the consequences.

The second part of the talk in the link from Francis on connection with god however I think is right on.

• Like 1
Whenever I try that "trick," it takes weeks or months for me to "manifest" the person back into my life. Sounds like you have a stronger connection and can manifest the person back into your life really quickly!

I believe you need to be a vibrational match to draw them in. If you're no longer a vibrational match, U can't make someone just come to you. Working on being at their level of vibration is all you can really do.

• Like 1
Hmmmm Ok I respect your thoughts on this matter and I do understand what your getting at - but I think I explained why I feel differently. That I feel its a positive on 2 fronts.

1. It reconnects you with an old friend. In my own case I have now started chatting again with my friend after too long out of contact. I think its positive for both of us. To be clear - this is a very good friend. I was actually the best man and his wedding so the fact we had lost contact was actually something I had been thinking about recently. I don't personally see an issue with consciously willing a very positive friendship back into my life. We have been friends since we were about 7 years old - but understand if you feel differently. I think the person you select is important to be sure its purely coming from a good place.

2. I think its a good learning tool - especially for others who arent really sure yet if this type of thing is possible. You are right we aren't ascended masters or saints like Jesus. But bringing conscious attention to your thoughts and how you direct your energy and actually getting real confirmation and feed back this has an effect I think is incredibly important step for many people today. Seeing that when you focus them in a positive way towards positive experiences with friends those things can and will manifest. This can really bring more discipline, focus and determination to continue on that path - not just for yourself but for others in your family and close community.

I mean how many people actually pray today ? How many people even believe in the power of prayer and know what that really means ? If people are able to experience something small like this ..... don't you think it might change their understanding and as a result behaviors ? If this little visualization exercise can provide confirmation for someone about the power they have within them - the power to bring positive experiences, the power to perhaps remove negative experiences and suffering from others ..... isn't that a good thing ?

I do understand why you have reservations - but I think like I said people are unconsciously using this power constantly every day - randomly sending signals out everywhere - often very negative ones based on what ever emotion they happen to be feeling about a particular person. Seeing a positive intention manifest I think is very important because it makes them conscious of the negative intentions. They start to learn to harness and focus thoughts and intentions in a more positive way I think is a very important step on the spiritual path.

When you pray, it's actually your spirit guides who hear you, and then they try and send us signs and synchronicities to help nudge us along the right path in order for us to get our wishes that are the answers to our prayers.

Source or "God" isn't who answers prayers. They just created our soul. Our higher selves alongside our spirit guides and angels maybe, are the ones who chose our life purposes and the spirit guides are the ones who hear our wishes and nudge us out of the way of less desirable paths, and into the path that will serve our highest good.

• Like 1
Justanaverageguy
When you pray, it's actually your spirit guides who hear you, and then they try and send us signs and synchronicities to help nudge us along the right path in order for us to get our wishes that are the answers to our prayers.

Source or "God" isn't who answers prayers. They just created our soul. Our higher selves alongside our spirit guides and angels maybe, are the ones who chose our life purposes and the spirit guides are the ones who hear our wishes and nudge us out of the way of less desirable paths, and into the path that will serve our highest good.

Ok so I have a very different understanding of this. I believe God has ultimate control over everything at the highest level. His spirit is the most powerful by orders of magnitude and so when he hears a prayer from someone and decides to intervene - which he does from time to time do - and puts his power behind someone's prayer - things just happen. No ifs no buts. Instant manifestation.

I essentially believes he acts in spirit the way Jesus acted in physical form. Jesus basically carried gods spirit in his physical body out into the world and with this power could make things happen instantly. But in order for them to happen ..... He needed the individual to believe it was possible. They believe - he puts his power behind that belief. He told people this in many passages like Mark 9:23-24 Or Matt 13:58 when he visited his home town but couldn't perform miracles because the people didn't believe. It's why he kept constantly banging on about "faith". Its what he was teaching Peter with the walking on water.

At our level - in our everyday lives - you control what you receive in prayers through your intention and belief. (Plus karma) Yes sure there may be angels and guides who try to direct us to the best path and the best prayers to pray for the highest good - but ultimately they aren't answering prayers. You are doing that yourself through your beliefs and intentions. We have much less power then god to manifest - but we do have power. As Jesus put it: What ever you ask for in prayer - believe that you have already received it and it will be yours.

He didn't say if God says it's ok and your angels and guides assist you - you will get it. He said you have the power. If you believe it - it will happen. (Obviously this doesn't negate karmic law if we make bad prayers or choices) And sure it's a bit slower to manifest when gods not involved but it will happen. You and your energy field when consciously focused and directed on an outcome creates it. You can heal people. You can heal yourself. You can create situations in your life which you desire. There is no need for a "vibrational match" for me to draw my friend to me - the fact we know each other have a connection and he is not just a random I don't know obviously makes it easier and requires less effort or belief on my part ..... But i just knew it would happen and put belief behind it - visualized it like it already happened ..... And then he messaged and we were. Less then a week after 2 years out of contact.

For most people Learning that - actually seeing it happen - understanding the process - changes the way you understand the world and live your life. That's not possible is no longer in your vocabulary. Believe and you shall receive. Knock and the door will be opened. People need these little phsycic excercises to really "get it" and they need to start with something they can actually put strong belief behind. Getting a friend to message I find to be a good starting point. I would say examples like the OPs experience could be the universe or guides giving him a few nudges so he pays attention to how he is harnessing this law and focusing his beliefs.

JAG I totally respect your beliefs are rooted in religion but not all of us who are intuitive believe in God (or need to,) to be intuitive. I don't believe in prayers or religion yet I still have strong intuitive abilities.

I don't think anyone can really define intuition aka psychic abilities as being rooted in religion. And I don't think doing that is fair to the secular population who don't follow any religion at all, yet have strong intuitive abilities.

To evangelize God as the reason one has psychic abilities dismisses the fact that there is zero proof there is a God to begin with, and it also dismisses or invalidates secular non-believers' intuitive abilities (at least, in your view?).

My opinion is that psychic abilities are not a God-based power. My opinion is that intuitive abilities are more rooted in our physiological make-up in general. There is zero "deity" involved here. I appreciate your devotion to your God and respect that you believe in a God, but i don't. And I don't need to believe in God to have intuitive experiences. Being an Atheist doesn't preclude me from having strong intuitive abilities.

In fact, you can measure intuition quantifiably through various tests. The mechanism of intuition can be improved over time, through activities like meditation, for instance.

But intuition is not a religious power. Not by a long shot. It is part of our physiological make-up as humans. We can heighten our intuition through the use of our five senses.

https://www.psychologicalscience.org/news/minds-business/intuition-its-more-than-a-feeling.html

• Like 1
Justanaverageguy

Ok sure - everyone has their own individual experiences and data from which they form their opinion about God and the nature of the universe. Your obviously entitled to yours and it's undoutably based off your experience and makes sense to you based on that.

So I think it's fine to say some people have zero proof of god. Others however have experienced him actively intervene in their lives .... And we do have our own individual experience and proof of God. I don't say I believe in God .... Because that insinuates a level of doubt and uncertainty on my part. I say I know God exists ... Because I have experienced and met him and there is no doubt. It's not based on "book knowledge" it's based on lived experience of spirit. I don't say I "believe" in my nextdoor neighbour. I say I "know" them because I have met them and I say the same for god.

I can't prove to you that I met a particular person yesterday when I was on the way to work - I have no photographic evidence to show you... But that doesn't change the fact I know with absolute certainty that I met this person. This is how it is with me for god. I can only testify and share what I've experienced

In saying that - I think what I posted above is "mostly" compatible with your secular view. I was basically saying spiritual teachings from god - teach that you as an individual have power. Your thoughts and primarily beliefs dictate what's possible and with focus and conscious effort you can manifest into being what you desire. I think this is still compatible with the secular view.

Ok sure - everyone has their own individual experiences and data from which they form their opinion about God and the nature of the universe. Your obviously entitled to yours and it's undoutably based off your experience and makes sense to you based on that.

So I think it's fine to say some people have zero proof of god. Others however have experienced him actively intervene in their lives .... And we do have our own individual experience and proof of God. I don't say I believe in God .... Because that insinuates a level of doubt and uncertainty on my part. I say I know God exists ... Because I have experienced and met him and there is no doubt. It's not based on "book knowledge" it's based on lived experience of spirit. I don't say I "believe" in my nextdoor neighbour. I say I "know" them because I have met them and I say the same for god.

I can't prove to you that I met a particular person yesterday when I was on the way to work - I have no photographic evidence to show you... But that doesn't change the fact I know with absolute certainty that I met this person. This is how it is with me for god. I can only testify and share what I've experienced

In saying that - I think what I posted above is "mostly" compatible with your secular view. I was basically saying spiritual teachings from god - teach that you as an individual have power. Your thoughts and primarily beliefs dictate what's possible and with focus and conscious effort you can manifest into being what you desire. I think this is still compatible with the secular view.

No, not at all the same views but that's ok. :)

I respect that you believe in God and view the world and psychic abilities through a religious lens. I just don't.

• Like 1
Justanaverageguy
No, not at all the same views but that's ok. :)

I respect that you believe in God and view the world and psychic abilities through a religious lens. I just don't.

Ok fair enough. From my side I wouldn't so much say I see it through a religious lense ... As you actually don't hear most religions or churches talking about this. They more ask for intervention and follow what I mostly consider to be a dead set of rituals so I don't feel I follow the traditional "religious" view... Even if I do quote from the Bible.

I would however say I approach it from a "spiritual" perspective. My understanding is "spirit" is what gives ultimate power to this ability. The more you have and the more pure the spirit is - the more powerfully it works.

I would consider this type of thing below to be overstepping personal bounds when it comes to psychic manipulation of others.

A story by a very well known and popular christian minister - Francis Chan - using this type of power to choose who his daughter married. :eek: Clearly the more power you get from god - the faster intentions and desires manifest. I'm not ok with this type of thing - but I think despite being a minister - one who clearly has god working in his life - he maybe still hasn't really fully understood the power he has been granted. That the power comes from god - but he has power to direct it. This type of thing is very different to what I described and I don't think he really even understands he has potentially completely changed the course of someone life ..... who knows maybe God decided it was a good idea - but I think taking baby steps, observing weird little coincidences like the OP posted about and learning how it works, focusing on positive experiences and seeing small things manifest like I described can help prevent randomly and perhaps irresponsibly wielding this power without fully understanding the consequences.

The second part of the talk in the link from Francis on connection with god however I think is right on.

What!!! Exactly.

JAG. Hi!!

I understand your point and respect your perspective. We just have slightly different beliefs and that’s ok!!!

One thing that I absolutely agree with you on is that people have the power to heal themselves! Keep spreading awareness and joy.

Have a beautiful day!