I think I’m psychic

No, you're not psychic, because there's no evidence that such a thing even exists.

It's common to count "hits" and forget the "misses."

For instance, when you get a call from someone you've just been thinking about, you might be tempted to think that's a "hit."

Of course, one never counts the times when you think about someone and that person doesn't call. The "misses" don't get counted.

But if you're convinced that you have such abilities, put it to the test. You could try to "psychically intuit" lottery numbers, or election results, or the number of green/red lights you get on a daily basis, or other random things.

Test it properly. Write your predictions down, seal the envelope, give the envelope to a trusted friend, then open it up after the event (the election, the lottery, whatever) and see if your predictions are accurate.

Or try the Zener Card Test. Do it repeatedly, at least 40 times, and count the "hits." I'll wager my last gallon of gas that, properly tested and verified, you won't do much better than random chance.

Keep us posted!

• Like 1
Justanaverageguy

But if you're convinced that you have such abilities, put it to the test. You could try to "psychically intuit" lottery numbers, or election results, or the number of green/red lights you get on a daily basis, or other random things.

Test it properly. Write your predictions down, seal the envelope, give the envelope to a trusted friend, then open it up after the event (the election, the lottery, whatever) and see if your predictions are accurate.

Or try the Zener Card Test. Do it repeatedly, at least 40 times, and count the "hits." I'll wager my last gallon of gas that, properly tested and verified, you won't do much better than random chance.

Keep us posted!

I agree that people should practice and test if they think they have some abilities. But in order for this to work you have to be clear about what you are testing and how you are going to test in order that you correctly control required variable that impact it working. Intuiting information I find usually comes from picking up information from another humans energy field. It doesn't work with just a random deck of cards or a computer on its own. It requires another person to "read" from. You can only receive the information - if someone else is transmitting :)

An example of how it works for me I have from only 3 days ago. I met a friend for lunch and she had just come from her Guitar lesson and told me she was super excited that she had just bought a new guitar she was totally in love with. A picture of a light blue guitar and the word fender just popped into my head. (And I know nothing about guitars). So I said is it a baby blue fender ? And she looked at me cockeyed and was like ...... yes...... How did you know that ? Looked like this - https://images.equipboard.com/uploads/item/image/57642/baby-blue-fender-stratocaster-custom-xl.jpg?v=1565037646

To be clear - this information came from her. I merely "picked it up" from her energy field and what she was thinking about. If she wasn't in close proximity to me, actively thinking about it and also very excited about it and focused on it - I likely wouldnt have got the hit. I can get hits on what people are actively thinking about - and the more energy they put into the thought the easier it is to pick up. Strong emotions - like being happy and excited like my friend was about her guitar or conversely also very angry about something impact the ability to get hits. So in order to be able to test this - you need another willing human subject who can play along - not just a deck of cards.

My guess would be people thinking about a song when they are in a car and changing the channel are likely taping into this same thing. Perhaps people in other cars around them very happily listening to the song and singing along .... they "pick it up" from the collective field around them and intuitively change to the same station.

I work in IT and DataComms and human biology - specifically the heart and circulatory system - from an engineering perspective essentially works as an antenna. Its what the medical field of magneto-cardiography studies. I think its only a matter of time before science recognizes this has a deeper function we don't currently acknowledge. Few cool videos here that explain the science of how this works if you are interested in that angle.

Fluid Antennas -

Heart as an Antenna -

Fractal structures and their importance to receiving and transmitting electromagnetic waves over wide band of frequencies -

How our circulatory system follows a very well known fractal antenna design "The fractal tree dipole" - https://imgur.com/5OB9ADG and https://imgur.com/cayibVm

If you move onto trying to manifest future events \ law of attraction then there are other variables to take into account. How 'large' is what you are trying to manifest ? How many people will it impact ? How likely is it to happen without your involvement ? How much time and energy do you put into trying to manifest that event ? How many people are collectively focused on trying to manifest this event? How strong is your belief that it will happen ? (This is essentially what spiritual traditions teach about prayer and faith\belief - eg: Truly I tell you even if you say go throw this mountain into the sea and do not doubt it in your heart but believe - it will be done for you. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask in prayer.)

Edited by Justanaverageguy
  • Like 1

What is a "human energy field" and how is it manifested?

What is the process by which molecules/atoms/energy is transmitted from one person to another, and in a manner which you can interpret it?

Justanaverageguy
What is a "human energy field" and how is it manifested?

What is the process by which molecules/atoms/energy is transmitted from one person to another, and in a manner which you can interpret it?

By human energy field iI'm referring to the electromagnetic field produced by the heart. The videos I linked covered some of this but I will repeat for the sake of condensing into the key points.

1. The heart produces the strongest electromagnetic field in the body and has the highest concentration of magnetic materials in the body. The EMF field it creates is 40 - 60 times stronger then the EMF created by your brain and the field is measurable several feet outside the body. It is specifically studied in the field of electro and magneto-cardiography using highly sensitive measuring devices known as SQUID.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetocardiography

2. This EMF field - just like the artifical man made EMF fields created by wireless radio antennas and wifi has a electrical impulse applied to which then radiates out into the field as changing electromagnetic waves capable of encoding information. What we simply call the heart beat. The heart beat has been shown to encode complex data which relates back to the mental and emotional well being and state of mind of the individual. The heart math video I linked above actual gives a very basic demonstration of this in the video but you should already know this from simply observing the way your own heart behaves when you are stressed, happy, excited etc. The heart beat pattern changes.

3. Your bodies circulatory system also follows a very specific pattern which in electrical engineering and wireless communications is called a "Fractal Tree Dipole" antenna. It is an antenna type which allows for transmission and reception of electromagnetic wave forms across a wide band of frequency's. Both very tiny high frequency waves and also low frequency long waves.

4. Additionally the blood flowing through your circulatory system is "diamagnetic" due to the saline and iron content. When passed through a magnetic field - and having an electrical impulse (like the heart beat) applied to it - it will radiate these impulses out into space as electromagnetic waves. This is demonstrated in the first video I linked to above which simply uses plain saline water pumped through a magnet connected to a walkied talkie.

When we put these 4 points together what I am saying is your heart essentially acts as an bio-antenna. Your blood is the saline solution shown in the first video - the magnet and the walkie talkie is your heart. It is essentially following very well known and understood electrical engineering principles we already use for the wifi on your computer and the common radio signal we transmit so you can listen to music in your car. The primary difference is the field produced by your heart is considerably weaker only traveling a short distance around your body like a little bubble. The electromagnetic field from wifi and radio signal has considerably more power and thus travels further and is easier to detect and measure.

Your heart is constantly broadcasting your mental, emotional state out into space via your heart beat and it is also receiving information and being effected by the fields of those around you. This effects everyone is subtle ways - but those who are sensitive and have trained in this area and also usually increased the energy state of their body through spiritual practices to "improve reception" when calm are able to feel and intuit certain things off the EMF fields produced by people around them in the same way you can tune your radio into different radio stations that are broadcasting around you. These generally come as a thought or image. This process is what we usually refer to as psychic intuition.

• Like 1

Fascinating!

I wonder what explains medical intuitives like Dr Mona Lisa Schulz* who does all of her readings by phone. My ex-husband had a reading done by her and to test her, in a way, I silently stood right up against him at the beginning of the call. After greetings, the first thing she said was that the person next to him was interfering and had to move way back. She went through a full body scam of him and saw his hip replacements, mental health issues and other things.

Justanaverageguy
Fascinating!

I wonder what explains medical intuitives like Dr Mona Lisa Schulz* who does all of her readings by phone. My ex-husband had a reading done by her and to test her, in a way, I silently stood right up against him at the beginning of the call. After greetings, the first thing she said was that the person next to him was interfering and had to move way back. She went through a full body scam of him and saw his hip replacements, mental health issues and other things.

Not sure I can explain that from a purely known science standpoint. ? But my personal experience and understanding has been fairly small and meger. Limited to small individual incidences like I described. Hardly an expert in these matters ?

I have no doubt there a people with significantly more powerful and refined abilities. My guess would be that such individuals have a strong connection to the larger universal spirit. God. That which we are all connected to and able to tap into and utililize this to help people without needing to be close to them.

I think generally they are only reserved for those who are refined enough to use them wisely. As connection to god grows and our concern turns towards helping others - spiritual energy increases and with it comes what Hindus refer to as siddhis. Spiritual powers. I think that is less to do with the individual or their biology and more to do with them simply becoming clean enough that they can be a physical vehicle which gods power works through.

• Like 2

I don't think you CAN test your abilities because they happen when you're in alpha state mostly. And also, they are not reliable. You get something random and then you don't ever get that again. I've had too many to discount it, but I won't say it's psychic. I'll say it's paranormal, spiritual. Over the decades I've gotten messages from a spirit or guide or something. The first I recall in college seemed to be a voice calming me down in the middle of a spin on an icy road, keeping me from panicking, telling me it will be okay. And it was.

Another was a message when I was working in the yard that if I'd go to the zoo, I'd see two people. One was someone I carried a torch for and the other was the guy who was head of the commune I'd lived in a few years before, a friend. I grabbed a friend of mine and went and saw both of them there, one right after the other.

And I have what I call snapshots of information in alpha state and in dreams. Plus I had a visit that consisted of a closeup of a face when I was laying down to go to sleep and in alpha state, and he just introduced himself. He looked like the grandpa on one side who died when I was quite young and really wasn't around hardly at all. So he actually introduced himself by his full name. The next day I told my sister I'd had a visit from Grandpa and told her the name he said, and she said, That's not Grandpa's name. His name is Homer, which I then recalled. So I said, Well, then who is John? Because that was the name he told me. So I wrote my aunt and asked who is John and his last name, and she said that would have been my great grandpa, who I never knew anything about and was long dead in my lifetime.

Ruby Slippers
I met a friend for lunch and she had just come from her Guitar lesson and told me she was super excited that she had just bought a new guitar she was totally in love with. A picture of a light blue guitar and the word fender just popped into my head. (And I know nothing about guitars). So I said is it a baby blue fender ? And she looked at me cockeyed and was like ...... yes...... How did you know that ? Looked like this - https://images.equipboard.com/uploads/item/image/57642/baby-blue-fender-stratocaster-custom-xl.jpg?v=1565037646

Very cool :) I've had similar experiences. For example, once, 20 minutes before going into a store I had never been in before, I got a clear vision of exactly how the store was laid out, what was in it, exactly how the pastries were oriented on the bakery rack. This was a unique store, not a chain. I walked in and saw EXACTLY what I had seen in my mind's eye 20 minutes earlier.

If you move onto trying to manifest future events \ law of attraction then there are other variables to take into account.

I'm very into this, on a fairly small scale so far. I've been playing with it for a year or two. In my more focused times, every day I'll write down in my calendar exactly what I want to manifest. Within weeks or sometimes days and increasingly, sometimes within hours or minutes, I successfully manifest at least 80% of what I set out to manifest. It's getting almost second nature now.

So I'm learning to be VERY discerning not only about what I do and say, but even the smallest details of what I think. Now, if I think it, it's very likely I'm going to see it in reality very soon after I just think it.

I've been talking with friends lately about how I feel a calling to devote my life to a much greater good. The truth is I always have, but it's only now that I'm beginning to feel strong enough - physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually - to consider fully embracing it. But intellectually I know these people are always persecuted and even tortured, killed, and I will be at the very least judged and marginalized. Every civil rights leader, Julian Assange, Jesus and every other martyred disciple, and on and on.

I do what I can, do fairly meaningful work at a humanitarian nonprofit. But sometimes I feel I could and perhaps should be doing so much more.

Ruby Slippers
Really cool to hear :) I also experience this - feeling energy\emotions of people around me - as well as places and sometimes even objects. I'm curious as it sounds like you have been aware of this ability for some time - how have you learnt to handle it when you need to be in spaces where the energy of those around you is not so nice ? For me its only been the last 4 or so years I've had this and I had quite a bit of trouble navigating at first - Its actually only been in the last 2 that I actually even understood what was going on.

Very cool! So you're not just an average guy, hmmm? ;)

I've been aware of it for a long time, but it's only in recent years, early 40s, that I'm beginning to truly understand it. I was on a date last year, and my date asked me, "Are you an empath?" It was a light bulb moment for sure. I said, "Yes!" and began reading up on it. I found this, even showed it to my mom, and she agreed it's me spot on :)

You can google "empath protect your energy field" and things like that for tips on how to deflect negative energy and only absorb positive. While I've gotten a lot better at putting up a protective energy shield, it's hard to maintain it all the time.

I live and stay as far from the rat race as possible. All those people's stressed and anxious thoughts gum up the air waves, and the denser the population, the more muddled they become. The further I get from them, the happier I am and the more clear my thinking. I work in the center of the city and commute to my house in the outskirts that has as much of a land buffer as I can afford. Eventually I hope to build on a lot more acreage :)

Every night I take a hot epsom salt bath. Salt is natural detox. You know how when you have mouth pain or irritation and you gargle with warm salt water, it feels much better afterward? The salt pulls out impurities. I recently found a source for epsom salt in bulk, since I go through it. It doesn't take much, maybe half a cup in the bath. If you're not into baths, you can do it in the shower. Get your body wet, get out of the water stream, rub yourself down with some salt, let it absorb in a little, then rinse for a similar effect. In a rush you can even wash your hands with a little epsom salt.

I think you're right about spiritual energy. Several different people who read auras have told me I have a huge white aura radiating from my body, especially my head, which is the location of knowledge (crown chakra) and vision (third eye chakra). White auras are rare in general - it's the angelic / Jesus energy. When I was a kid, though I didn't get much ever, if I got any money for Christmas I used it to buy presents for family and friends. I thought this was how everybody was, and I still think it's how we all should be. Imagine a world like that :)

• Like 2

I wonder if a lot of us feel this way and are just not saying.

I think I'm psychic, too. I know things in advance quite a bit but it's something I only talk about with my brother. I don't care if my brother thinks I'm nuts or not. :)

• Like 1
Ruby Slippers

Another key tip: stay well-hydrated. Drink a lot of water. We're picking up vibrations, and water is an excellent conductor. The more hydrated I am, the more in tune with the energy vibrations around me I am.

• Like 1
Justanaverageguy
This thread is hilarious.

When you haven't experienced spirit - yes it can seem pretty crazy :) But you never know - only 4 years ago I would have thought exactly the same thing ..... now for me its normal. Sometimes life can surprise you :p

• Like 1
Justanaverageguy
Very cool! So you're not just an average guy, hmmm? ;)

Maybe not anymore :eek::lmao:

It was a light bulb moment for sure. I said, "Yes!" and began reading up on it. I found this, even showed it to my mom, and she agreed it's me spot on :)

Yes - agree on this - its just been a difficult learning curve thus far in this world. For me because I never had this before - and then suddenly had it very strongly - it shone a harsh light firstly on some of my own unhealthy habits which have had to be progressively (and at times painfully) dropped. Still a work in progress there and has required a complete rebuild of my life. Then just being able to feel the spiritual state of the world and people around us - its a massive heads up as to how much work there is to do.

I live and stay as far from the rat race as possible. All those people's stressed and anxious thoughts gum up the air waves, and the denser the population, the more muddled they become. The further I get from them, the happier I am and the more clear my thinking. I work in the center of the city and commute to my house in the outskirts that has as much of a land buffer as I can afford. Eventually I hope to build on a lot more acreage :)

Yes 1000%. Nature is the safety net. Being outdoors, getting sunshine. I've also found the geographical location and the energy of the people matters a lot aside from just the density. Different locations - and the people living in that location have very different energies. Some very negative - some positive.

When I had my awakening experience I had moved from my home country to Germany - thats been very testing. Understanding that different countries land and the people have very different collective spiritual energy. What happens in a place leaves an imprint and Germany - and particularly the older german generation have some of the harshest spiritual energy I have felt anywhere. This I think makes sense for obvious reason based on whats happened in the last 100 years. Because I work in Tech I've been able to negotiate to work remotely. I'm transferring my contract back to my home country now and will essentially have the ability to work from anywhere in the world I want moving forward :) Huge for me.

I'm planning to spend several months to end the year working from Bali. If you haven't been - you should definitely visit. I've already spent quite a bit of time there previously. The local people and the island - particularly some specific locations has some of the nicest, cleanest, gentle loving energy I've found anywhere. When I am there I just fall into meditation without effort and frequently get heart based bliss experiences that just come in waves in the morning. Its really a heart chakra, very loving, gentle, feminine energy. I'm not sure what it is - if its due to the fact its a volcanic island - if its the volcano itself - or if its just the fact the people there understand spirit and so act in ways that respect and cultivate this correctly. They carry out cleansing rituals constantly. Every woman over 18 is required to create offerings and performing cleansing rituals 3 times a day. What ever it is - it works. The people are so happy, friendly, gentle and the energy so nice. Coming from the west and most recently Germany its like being on another planet.

Every night I take a hot epsom salt bath. Salt is natural detox. You know how when you have mouth pain or irritation and you gargle with warm salt water, it feels much better afterward? The salt pulls out impurities.

Yes have also worked with Salt a lot. As well as incense. They've been helpful for my home and clearing practices .... but the only thing I've really found to help whilst actually in a space around people - like an office - is crystals which put of their own vibrations to either block or mask the energy of those around you. Still my fav for this is hematite. Might be worth a try if you struggle in the work place as well :)

Ruby Slippers

Super cool, justanaverageguy!

One thing I never fully understood till the past couple years is that anytime I go to a new city, as soon as I get out into the air, I immediately pick up the vibe/energy of that city and know within seconds if it agrees with me.

The couple of times I've been to an island setting, I've felt exactly what you described, and my dream house is definitely an open air house on a tropical island. Sea air has beneficial, healing properties, and I feel that intensely.

I have a few crystals at home and in my office and think they're beautiful - angel aura quartz is my signature crystal, love selenite as well - but so far I don't pick up anything from them other than visual inspiration. I feel "the power" is in me, and the crystals are just a nice visual reminder of the beauty of alignment.

• Like 1
Justanaverageguy

One thing I never fully understood till the past couple years is that anytime I go to a new city, as soon as I get out into the air, I immediately pick up the vibe/energy of that city and know within seconds if it agrees with me.

The couple of times I've been to an island setting, I've felt exactly what you described, and my dream house is definitely an open air house on a tropical island. Sea air has beneficial, healing properties, and I feel that intensely.

Yes exactly and I think everyone gets this - most are just aren't as sensitive and so are unconscious to it. When I talk to people about the effect the energy of a people or place has on them - I always think of this quote: https://imgur.com/OE8I0bk Once you bring this to peoples front of mind - they start to pay more attention to "the quality of the water they are swimming in".

Regarding the island locations - Yes I'm definitely a beach / ocean person too :). And so I (and I think almost anyone) gets a good feeling when in a location like that ..... but Bali is different. Its got more then the usual feel good ocean vibes. In fact its not even the beach areas that I really feel has the special energy. Its mostly the interior and northern part of the island. If you look on a map from Ubud up. My understanding is there are certain locations on the earth that are high energy points and the area around Ubud in Bali seems to be one of these.

I have a few crystals at home and in my office and think they're beautiful - angel aura quartz is my signature crystal, love selenite as well - but so far I don't pick up anything from them other than visual inspiration. I feel "the power" is in me, and the crystals are just a nice visual reminder of the beauty of alignment.

So I agree the power is inside us - but the crystals I look at as kind of energetic tools. Our own energy state is changable - and can be influenced and pulled out of alignment by certain situations or close interaction with certain people. (especially relevant if you go into energy healing work) Crystals have a fixed structure and so are kind of like steady energetic anchors that can be used to counteract or realign energies.

I haven't worked with Angel Aura quartz - might give it a try :) - but have done extensive work with Selenite. Lovely crystal that works on the crown chakra. (What did you say about your aura ?) :p Something I learnt when working with Crystals though is they need to be "charged" in order to put out their energy and really feel their effects. Also the size and shape plays a part - rounded crystals are more subtle - points are more intense and easier to "feel". But regardless if you take them and leave them on a shelf inside .... they are kind of like lights that haven't been turned on. The energy they have dissipates and you wont really get an energetic benefit from them beyond their beautiful appearance. Best metaphor I could use is they kind of operate a little like batteries - they need to be charged - either by another larger quartz crystal or for most by simply placing them in sunlight.

If you really want to "feel" the energy that comes off crystals in a tangible way so that you notice it I would recommend you find a really large clear quartz crystal. Its definitely the most energetic of the crystals and if you find whats called a generator point - in a very large size that has been charged. If you are sensitive - you will definitely feel it. Kind of like this - https://www.etsy.com/listing/257915882/large-high-quality-natural-clear-quartz?ga_order=price_desc&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=clear+quartz+point&ref=sr_gallery-2-8&organic_search_click=1 You could also try going to a mineral show where they will have many large specimens like this in close proximity.

That's basically how I first discovered my sensitivity and started to learn to understand and harness it. Anyhow thought it might be something fun to look into with your sensitivity. Could be helpful tool as you move forward and start to use your gift to help those around you :)

No, you're not psychic, because there's no evidence that such a thing even exists.

It's common to count "hits" and forget the "misses."

For instance, when you get a call from someone you've just been thinking about, you might be tempted to think that's a "hit."

Of course, one never counts the times when you think about someone and that person doesn't call. The "misses" don't get counted.

Keep us posted!

Psychic abilities don't work like this. No psychic can automatically know what number someone's thinking about. They can't read minds, but they can absorb how people are feeling and some of them can pick up on why.

People like you totally miss the point about what psychic abilities are.... It isn't about winning poker or lotto... Psychic ability isn't about knowing what someone's thinking, guessing winning numbers on cue, or being able to perform correct guessed to random arbitrary questions.

Psychic insight is being 8 or 9 years old and telling my mum that something was wrong with my ovaries and would cause me some heartache when I was older, and it then turning our to be true.

Psychic insight is dreaming of your future children and being told in visions in dreams that you're pregnant when you weren't trying, nor were even aware you were not infertile.

Intuitive empaths know when people are gossiping about them and the nature with which the gossip is centred around. Like a human Voodoo doll that feels the hate from others. And to then have it all verified from a source so you know it's not just a mental health problem. And when other victims around you are totally clueless due to the sweet nature of the bullies and absolutely no social hints of their deception.

There are hundreds of thousands of accounts of humans leaving their bodies in hospitals and floating up into another room, and being able to recount word for word exactly what the surgeons did and said to themselves and other random strangers they have never met.

The only people I truly pity in life are those who assume that when we die it's just the end. Black. Nothing more to life than science. That to me is truly sad. Some of us just know there is more to life than our physical bodies and science.

Sadly, most people are going to continue to disbelieve psychic abilities are real because of the grossly misrepresented notion of what a psychic ability actually is; it isn't party tricks where they know your last house number or last ex, or your favourite colour or TV show. Psychic abilities isn't speed dating of the guess what/ who about a bunch of randoms .....

Intuitive empaths have saved me YEARS of heartache and guided me in ways in which I wouldn't have been able to follow, has I not had someone gifted enough be able to tap into my current path and how it wasn't leading to fulfillment. Saved my relationship and my career path too.

The best part is- we can all learn to be Psychic. For real. I had messages in dreams of scenes that played out in real life exactly like in the dream. Simply from me asking spirit guides to please communication with me.

Btw I was a disbeliever too.

They can't read minds, but they can absorb how people are feeling and some of them can pick up on why.

Is it just possible that these people are simply picking up on things that have nothing to do with "energy" or "psychic powers"?

There are hundreds of thousands of accounts of humans leaving their bodies in hospitals and floating up into another room, and being able to recount word for word exactly what the surgeons did and said to themselves and other random strangers they have never met.

That's been checked and it has never turned out to be accurate.

It's been tested by putting messages on top of cabinets and so forth in operating and treatment rooms where people sometimes die.

In no case - I can't say this strongly enough - has a person ever "come back" and been able to tell the medical staff what the message says.

So, we have a choice.

All those experiments have been wrong, or sometimes people who are under immense stress occasionally interpret experiences that are not in line with reality.

Do you not find it the least odd that "psychics" of whatever stripe refuse to allow themselves to be actually tested in controlled conditions?

If there were one person - just one - that could show actual psychic abilities, it would be an amazing scientific achievement and open up an entirely new range of study. That would be immensely exciting!

But it's just never happened. Not once.

Now, I have no doubt that you are absolutely sincere in your belief and I will support you to believe whatever you wish to believe, whether it's religion or psychic powers or whatever.

But you owe it to yourself to be dispassionate about your beliefs and study them with a skeptical eye. We all suffer from cognitive bias; science seeks to reduce that bias to a minimum to see things as they actually are and not as we wish them to be.

It's not perfect, but it works pretty well.

++++++++++++++++++

Edit to add:

Back in the day when I was prowling for young women, I'd often use "cold reading" as a bar trick and to get their numbers. (Worked out pretty well, too.) And it was absolutely amazing to watch their cognitive bias kick in. You could actually see it in their eyes and body language.

No psychic abilities required, just a very cursory knowledge of psychology and an ability to read things like posture, gestures, etc.

Edited by Geraltt
added info & corrected spelling
  • Like 1
Ruby Slippers
Btw I was a disbeliever too.

You won't convince a "nonbeliever" to believe.

I don't care. I know what I've experienced, and don't give a hoot if anybody thinks it sounds crazy or out there.

• Like 1
Is it just possible that these people are simply picking up on things that have nothing to do with "energy" or "psychic powers"?

That's been checked and it has never turned out to be accurate.

It's been tested by putting messages on top of cabinets and so forth in operating and treatment rooms where people sometimes die.

In no case - I can't say this strongly enough - has a person ever "come back" and been able to tell the medical staff what the message says.

So, we have a choice.

All those experiments have been wrong, or sometimes people who are under immense stress occasionally interpret experiences that are not in line with reality.

Do you not find it the least odd that "psychics" of whatever stripe refuse to allow themselves to be actually tested in controlled conditions?

If there were one person - just one - that could show actual psychic abilities, it would be an amazing scientific achievement and open up an entirely new range of study. That would be immensely exciting!

But it's just never happened. Not once.

Now, I have no doubt that you are absolutely sincere in your belief and I will support you to believe whatever you wish to believe, whether it's religion or psychic powers or whatever.

But you owe it to yourself to be dispassionate about your beliefs and study them with a skeptical eye. We all suffer from cognitive bias; science seeks to reduce that bias to a minimum to see things as they actually are and not as we wish them to be.

It's not perfect, but it works pretty well.

++++++++++++++++++

Edit to add:

Back in the day when I was prowling for young women, I'd often use "cold reading" as a bar trick and to get their numbers. (Worked out pretty well, too.) And it was absolutely amazing to watch their cognitive bias kick in. You could actually see it in their eyes and body language.

No psychic abilities required, just a very cursory knowledge of psychology and an ability to read things like posture, gestures, etc.

Yet it happens all the time.

How would the medium have know that my grandma Gracie, was watching over Pat --. Who happens to be her severely ill daughter? She not only knew those two names, and who they were, but she also knew how Gracie died, she knew how my grandad and my grandma died.

My grandma died from clots that could have been prevented and had a huge lawsuit. Psychic also knew that.

What are the odds of her knowing two names, who they were, and how three different people died ?

And what are the odds of many other happy clients all reporting back that this medium did indeed know many names of passed loved ones ??

There are so many cases every day of psychic phenomena. Of mediums knowing things they shouldn't have known and they can't just guess random names and get the names correct in such a high amount of clients on a regular basis.

Also there are some very very specific facts intuitives have now about myself that they had absolutely no way of guessing. The facts were way too specific to guess and they said far too many accurate and specific facts for the one time slot for it to all my made up.

Seriously, there are so many good mediums out there who could name your dead loved ones and even describe their personalities and where they hid candy from you as a child etc...

For ****s and giggles...why don't U see a reputable one and see how it goes ? Just for laughs lol.

There are definitely fake psychics out there who bilk naive people and these fakers have their own tv shows on cable, or their own booths at psychic fairs.

But there are those of us who are not fakers, who have genuine intuitive abilities that are not reliable b/c they are real experiences.

However the body generates these intuitive experiences, who knows. But they do happen.

• Like 1
Ruby Slippers
So I agree the power is inside us - but the crystals I look at as kind of energetic tools.

That's basically how I first discovered my sensitivity and started to learn to understand and harness it. Anyhow thought it might be something fun to look into with your sensitivity. Could be helpful tool as you move forward and start to use your gift to help those around you :)

OK, thanks for the tips!

I think perhaps I have a bit of a mental block about crystals. I think they're beautiful but I resist getting too involved with them. Maybe I'm just not ready :p

But I do like to sprinkle them around my house. They are beautiful, and just looking at them makes me feel happy and at peace, aware of something eternal and beyond all the cares of this world :)

There are definitely fake psychics out there who bilk naive people and these fakers have their own tv shows on cable, or their own booths at psychic fairs.

But there are those of us who are not fakers, who have genuine intuitive abilities that are not reliable b/c they are real experiences.

However the body generates these intuitive experiences, who knows. But they do happen.

Yeah I sort of believe genuine psychics aren't reliable precisely because --- true psychic information doesn't come on tap or on request !! They just cannot know everything about every individual they read on....that's the opposite of what true abilities are.

• Like 1