Should have known better, should have ended it a long time ago....

He's gone - and you're still intact. I can't see how that is anything less than a blessing upon you OP.

Most definitely. Well said.

There is an element of premeditation and deceit here than goes above and beyond the everyday “affair...” You should feel very grateful OP that he has gone and you can now create a better future for yourself and your children.

• Author

Just some clarifying points, The first year I knew MM it was more of a friendship. The second year was a relationship - during that time I met his parents, his brother, and visited his home a handful of times (no there was no evidence at his home that a W was living there at the time, he had cleaned all that up prior to me arriving) I visited his parents home and we had lunch together there, I have no idea what they thought but no one acted like anything was wrong or unusual. Later he told me that he had told them he was bringing a "friend" over for lunch. Its not as if we were all over each other while there so I guess they thought it was an innocent friendship. So I had no reason to believe he wasn't an available man. He was always available for texts/calls. I did see him during the weekends but no overnights unless we went out of town for a short trip, again it didn't seem unusual to me. I will say after going through that I will in the future do a background check on anyone I become involved with, I think it is worth the monthly fee.

• Like 1