I made a mistake and want my ex-gf back

• Author

In other words, friends and family can sometimes have a better, more balance view of who our romantic partners really are.

Maybe you're right. Women always seem to know a little more about what's really going on with other women than men do. Up until today, my SIL had seemed pretty keen on my ex. She was so sudden and full of conviction when she said she doesn't want her in my life. I just laughed.

• Like 1
I texted her and asked what she wanted to come of the letter. She said she just felt an urge to reach out and didn't want anything in particular. I told her that she didn't need to feel bad about anything. She asked if I was okay, and I said mostly yes but some days were really hard.

This is the point I'd be good with never speaking to her again.

• Author
This is the point I'd be good with never speaking to her again.

I'm getting there myself, but I'd like to know why you think that point was, well, that point. Im feeling utterly clueless again

@django

Because she's hurting you and life has to go on and you need your well-being to go on with it. Because the door has been open for her to make the choice to get back together with you for months now and all she's done is reject all the opportunities. You still risked your mental-health to see what this letter was about and it turned out the letter was just a way to take her pain out on you.

Being dumped doesn't give her clearance to hold you hostage to the pain you caused her from breaking up with her. Breaking up happens. It hurts and it sucks for her and I know something about that but in this relationship, you did come back and spent a lot of months suffering for a second chance. You've stayed long enough here on this rollercoaster. At some point, enough is enough. It's about establishing boundaries and caring about yourself. If she doesn't want this or she's unsure of what she wants, that's fine, but she's going to have to deal with her thoughts alone. As do you.

Edited by Beachead