My father does not want to sponsor my university. Help!

• Author

Still work advice. End all the work advice, it will not WORK. My father did not say he made it clear he will not pay, he just said he has doubts, and made other suggestions.

So if there is no other advice, then I'm afraid death is the only way out.

• Like 1

You would rather die than work? It's becoming abundantly clear why your father has doubts.

What suggestions has your father made? And why aren't you doing those things?

• Like 3
  • Author
You would rather die than work? It's becoming abundantly clear why your father has doubts.

What suggestions has your father made? And why aren't you doing those things?

No, I would rather die than having never had a high school girlfriend, perhaps the only involuntary celibate in all history.

My father suggested something against my principles I prefer not to mention

No, I would rather die than having never had a high school girlfriend, perhaps the only involuntary celibate in all history.

My father suggested something against my principles I prefer not to mention

Maybe you can make a go of it in the theatre? You certainly have a flair for the dramatic!

Though, the “WILL NOT WORK” answer was more toddler temper tantrum.

• Like 5
heartbrokenlady

You won't work. And you are a self proclaimed incel.

You are not a child. Some SERIOUS growing up is needed. It sounds to me as if you have been very spoiled.

• Like 4
mrs rubble

Why do you need a degree if you have no intention of working? Doesn't make sense to me to waste time and money on if you're not going to use it.

My parents paid for both of my sons to go through university, they drew up a contract stating how they would fund their studies and what they expected. One of the clauses stated that if they failed a paper, they re-sat it at their own expense. They also had to agree to find a part time job to fund their transport to and from and spending money.

If your father WAS to fund your studies (again), he'd be wise to do the same as my parents did for my sons.

• Like 1
  • Author
Why do you need a degree if you have no intention of working?

I mentioned this before that I only intend to work in a developed country, which I can't go to right now.

Veronica73

So...you can only work in a developed country if you have a degree? Do you realize that even if you have a degree, the only jobs you might be qualified for are menial labor jobs? Are you okay with that?

Still work advice. End all the work advice, it will not WORK.

Hopefully you understand, in terms of family or societal support, there's a difference between "can't work" and "don't want to work". I'm not sure the latter qualifies as a disability...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2
Orokotikki

Zounds the entitlement. People do not just get things because they want them or because others have them, they have to earn them to truly own them.

Thank your parents for what they have already done for you, then stand up on your two feet and make your own way in the world.

You will be a better person for it and squander less opportunities.

Edited by Orokotikki
So...you can only work in a developed country if you have a degree? Do you realize that even if you have a degree, the only jobs you might be qualified for are menial labor jobs? Are you okay with that?

And depending on where you get the degree, it may not be recognised in the country you end up in.

• Like 1