Welp guess that’s it!! Crushed!

• Author
where do i begin
What do you think the reason was? Did he have a pattern of "tagging" other women he dated before you came along? Is it possible he just doesn't advertise his dating life on Facebook?

Yes, I have seen him post things before with other woman that he was dating. I did notice a while back before we were dating that he checked in with someone posted a picture but removed it. I didn’t realize this until now. But he had checked both of us in together in the past. Again, if he never did before I could care less, but he has and for the last month he has since changed patterns. I thought it was because his daughter was having a hard time dealing, but it couldn’t have been that since we were there all together. Idk, call me crazy, but he is keeping his romantic status private all of a sudden. Like I said, if he had kept it private all along I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but a sudden shift sends red flags for me. Perhaps he wants to play the field, maybe he is talking to another woman, maybe if he isn’t talking to her yet he is planning to. I have no clue, but this is why I asked him very maturing why the exclusion. He never gave me an answer. But shifted it all around on me. We are done and I’ll be okay, but it really bothers me that he sees no wrong in this.

CautiouslyOptimistic

Gotcha. Sounds like your trusted your intuition on this one.

Always trust your gut.

• Author
where do i begin
Since you met this guys kids already and he didn't check in with you but did with the kids, my first guess would be he doesn't want his ex or another woman to see he is dating. Once the kids meet you, there really should be no downplaying that you are together. If I was dating someone and they mentioned that to me and mentioned that they were hurt, I wouldn't turn it around on them, I'd just say let's take a picture of all of us and i'd post that and tag everyone.

Someone else mentioned maybe it is because of his job, but if that were true he would not be checking in with his kids.

Thank you, yes I am glad you see where I am going with this. You are right, meeting the kids definitely seals the deal on exclusivity. I never thought of that. So I am going to say this was more than likely his reason, and thank you for not making this about some juvenile high school game thing. It’s more than Facebook, trust me. It’s about feeling left out, about not feeling as important as the rest, it’s about being disrespected and all that goes with it. It’s just hurtful!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
quote edited
  • Author
where do i begin
I'm thinking that social media has nothing to do with your problems nor does the fact that he's a law enforcement officer engaging in dangerous undercover drug operations.
and no, he isn’t in law enforcement, he is a “narc” short for narcissist.
he is a “narc” short for narcissist.

Said every woman going through a breakup ever.

I am sorry you're going through this and I see some hurtful behavior in his actions. But I don't see a narcissist here.

Also, idea: next relationship try completely excluding social media. Like get off of it completely. It doesn't sound healthy for you.

• Like 1
  • Author
where do i begin

When a man puts a spin on the conversation and doesn’t own up to their behavior and blames the other party, they are a narcissist. Sorry speaking from experience, not allegations.

I am sorry you're going through this and I see some hurtful behavior in his actions. But I don't see a narcissist here.

Also, idea: next relationship try completely excluding social media. Like get off of it completely. It doesn't sound healthy for you.

as for the social media, I couldn’t agree with you more. All apps and accounts have been deleted.
CautiouslyOptimistic

Agree. Drives me a little batty.

• Like 1

I am not saying he is "innocent" in all of this, but there seems to be trouble with a capital T waiting for him at every corner.

Best to just stay away.

Why is he a "narcissist"?

Edited by elaine567
  • Like 1