What do guys/girls think of tattooed girls?

CantGetEnuff

I've heard people say, "Tattoos make hot people hotter, and ugly people uglier."

And I agree with this sentiment. The tattoos just push you more in the direction you were already going in to begin with.

Hot pale toned gothy girl with lots of tats = scalding hot.

Lumpy, overweight, plain jane soccer mom with lots of tats = ugh.

• Like 1

Interesting thread...

I am kind of conservative in many ways but well-done tattoos on a beautiful woman are HOT!

I like your tattoo it's pretty cool.

I'm a woman and even though I think (some) tattoos look really good, I'd be hesitant to date a guy with many or huge tattoos, because my family would judge me...they think tattoos are trashy and a sign of low social status.

It really depends on your social circle though, many of my friends can't begin to comprehend why having tattoos could be such a big deal.

When you see women with bikini-line tattoos, they are very often covering up a tummy tuck or childbirth scar. Wendy Williams tells the audience that's why she has hers, figures it's better than the scar. I'm not so sure since there's a line there anyway.

And the ones above the buttocks, well, they're widely known as tramp stamps. I guess because people who have them tend to show them off regularly, which seems a bit desperate.

Again, I don't think they look good or interesting and not facinated by anything about them, but I've had a lot of friends and men who had some or a lot. I'd prefer they didn't, but it doesn't mean I don't like the person. It really depends on just how desperate they are for attention, though, because I think people who have a lot, it's a desperate plea for attention. I hate sleeves. Just ruins the line of the man's arm that's sexy. And that's what I lot of guys I knew had. One tat on the upper arm that wasn't very big, I wouldn't mind, but I'd rather there were none. Tatts aren't attractive or sexy. They're just kind of dirty messy looking, even the best ones.

That is how I feel as well, designs tend not to age well. Fashions change.

What looks great one day, 6 months later can look decidedly horrible, tacky and out of date. The thought of having to look at it day in day out forever would not make me feel good. Removing tattoos is not easy, nor is the result guaranteed to look good.

Not to mention how horrible they look on older people who got them when they were young and now the tattoo has gone south.:lmao: I know a woman who got one on her breast many years ago and now the tattoo is somewhere around her naval. Not good.

Yeah, every time I see one in a woman's chest area, I think of how wrinkled that's going to be in 20 years. And those tatts on a guy's bicep, when he's 50, that's going to be sagging down most likely.

I love these celebs who put their celeb gf name real big on them and then have to get an even bigger senseless tatt to cover it up later.

• Like 1
Yeah, every time I see one in a woman's chest area, I think of how wrinkled that's going to be in 20 years. And those tatts on a guy's bicep, when he's 50, that's going to be sagging down most likely.

I love these celebs who put their celeb gf name real big on them and then have to get an even bigger senseless tatt to cover it up later.

idiots....

^ I agree. Men too. Now, the one situation I could see doing it, but only with a doctor's approval, is if you had a skin condition that stayed in one place and you wanted to cover it up.

I always knew I was getting first date sex when a girl had a tat on her upper shoulder or a belly button ring.. boom....

Just my experience with dating way back...not generalizing...

I always knew I was getting first date sex when a girl had a tat on her upper shoulder or a belly button ring.. boom....

Just my experience with dating way back...not generalizing...

ahhh, the good old days A_C...back when we were young and had testosterone

• Like 1
Wallysbears

I rocked my belly button ring and nape of the back tat back in the 90's/early 2000's. With the crop tops and low rider jeans.

(Didn't give it up randomly though...wasn't my style)

Ah...the 90's.

Still have the little 'scar' from the belly button ring. Are they even a thing anymore?

Wallysbears

Had a college roomie that had a bar code tattooed on the back of her neck, like high up where the skull meets the spine. It was her social security number, in bar code form. She was a really funky chick. Got bounced from university after getting caught making pot brownies in the community kitchen. I've always wondered what happened to her LOL

Had a college roomie that had a bar code tattooed on the back of her neck, like high up where the skull meets the spine. It was her social security number, in bar code form. She was a really funky chick. Got bounced from university after getting caught making pot brownies in the community kitchen. I've always wondered what happened to her LOL

I wonder if she was influenced by Henry Rollins who has a tattoo like that. Anyway tattoos can look good on anybody if done right.

Anyway tattoos can look good on anybody if done right.

I agree with you on most stuff woggle but on this I have to disagree

she's probably working as a code scanner at amazon

I agree with you on most stuff woggle but on this I have to disagree

I have seen tattoos on women that look like work's of art and you can tell a lot went into it.

• Like 1
I have seen tattoos on women that look like work's of art and you can tell a lot went into it.

well, I have dreamt of getting an accordion tattoo on my penis

• Like 1
well, I have dreamt of getting an accordion tattoo on my penis

Why not? I never found anything I want permanently on my skin but I have nothing against it.

I love tattoo's, they're incredibly common here and by no means trashy, I know Doctors and Lawyers who have them. I have 5 myself, one on each shoulder blade, one in the centre of my back, small one on my hip and another small one on my wrist.

I hid my first tattoo from my parents (got it done when I was 18) then my mum found out about it via a cousin with loose lips, she told me "Don't let your father see" anyway a year or so later I was out surfing with my dad and couldn't stay behind him the whole time, so he saw, he said "Oh you've got a tattoo, I really like that!"

LivingWaterPlease

For centuries artists have sculpted or done sketches/paintings of nude women and/or men because the stunning simplicity of the human form is unequaled. Why ruin such a perfect piece of art with ink?

To me, tattoos on a man or a woman detract from their beauty. Less is more.

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear

Some guys see women with tattoos as being a bit too edgy, too spontaneous, perhaps being less able to be controlled?? Maybe it speaks of an insecurity there, I dunno...

Tattoos are almost as common as feet now on humans, so its really surprising so many people find issue with it..With the amount of people I know that have one or more tattoos nowadays, it runs the gamut...Some blue collar, some white, business owners, executives, even housewives in their 60's and 70's..etc...Just a basic cross section of society...

I'm not talking about those women(or even guys) that have facial/neck tattoos, or are so inked and pierced, they have gone over the edge...Of course, many will find that type of thing to be extreme, rebellious, or lacking in judgement...But all the rest?? Seems like no big deal, as long as they are nicely done..

TFY

OatsAndHall

For me, tats are either a serious turn-on or a serious turn-off for me, depending on the number, where they're located and the body type of the woman. I can't stand tramp-stamps, no matter how attractive a woman is. I also view most full sleeve tats as kind of trashy.

beentheredonethat77

Im female, none of my friends have them or would get them, but i would never not be friends with a woman because she has them..i guess i just seem to make friends who dont, without intention.

Any females i know that have tattoos are the types that dont want to be labelled and want to express themselves, yet i cant think of a faster way to label yourself. Like it or not there are a lot of people that judge tattoos as negative (ie, masculine, trashy, low socio-economic, rough-around-edges) -- so its the fastest label you can get (even if not everyone reads the label that way, a huge % of people obviously do). Fortunately, i think a lot of people who get tattoos just dont care if they are labelled or judged anything, so it works out for them.

Im not shocked by the negative comments by the men here as ive heard this exact sentiment for years. Im actually shocked by the shock:). Men have always told me that they find them 'gross' or a 'turn off' or 'trashy'.. I think thats a bit harsh but i guess they reserve the right to feel how they feel. One of my male friends says it conjures up images of stereotypes like a trashy drunk college girl who got a tattoo to piss her parents off, or a starving artist goth girl who lives with 10 roommates and smokes pot all day. Then there's the stripper with daddy issues with a tramp stamp.... and thats not even going into all the prison tat stereotypes which is just too low of a hanging fruit i think.

In the minds of women and men who have been honest about their feelings on tats: a sophisticated, elegant woman who takes care of herself wouldn't do something "like that".

Each to her own and again, this is just what men have told me who probably wouldn't say it to anybody's face with a tattoo. Of course, these 'picky'? men arn't necessarily prizes themselves, but they can still have an opinion and i respect anybody's opinion.

• Like 2

The OP asked so....

I've never seen a tattoo on a woman that made me think "wow...that's sexy". I've seen plenty of tattoos that made me think "Ughh….that's ugly". Some years ago, I was at a wedding. The bride came walking down the isle in a very expensive gown. But the thing that struck me was the tattoo just above her left breast. The dress showed some cleavage. I thought what a waste of money on the dress when the blob of ink was the only thing that stood out.

• Like 1