Is he serious about me?

Iris The Butterfly

Curiousroxy86

I rolled my eyes at all the silly questions on ls that all have the same answer (either chill the eff out and date other men or leave) and when I saw an update to your post I got all excited lol. I’m too invested in what’s going to happen with you and him Bridge lmao

Anyhoo I’m glad everything seems to be fine so far

Keep observing, enjoy, stick to your boundaries that are truly important, and to your timelines that are reasonable!

You mentioned your starting to see things that make you go hmmm. That’s good. So he likes to be alone and he have homebody ways. Not terrible. Just keep observing. Those little peeps of something could tell a bigger story with time. Just don’t get so caught up in your love for him that your ignoring anything that’s truly a problem. Right now these two things within itself is not a problem. He is obviously making time and willing to get out the house with you. He is interested in intertwining lives for all the plans you two are making. Remember people reveal more of themselves in due time. Right now he sounds like a guy worthy to continue to remain in a relationship with if I were in your shoes.

The living together thing. I would stick to your boundary on requiring engagement before living together. Imo proposal and living together should be his idea. If he suggest living together and no proposal just remind him your boundary. If he hits a reasonable timeline on no proposal then you need to speak up and if he start to back track then you know what to do. But give him the autonomy first hence why timelines are important.

And I know your wondering what is it about people who haven’t married earlier....honestly I feel like it’s truly not that easy to find the person to want to spend a lifetime with. I use to when I was younger. I use to think a) most people are good and b) two people getting together can and should make it work. Well I now believe that many (can’t say if it’s most but a lot) hell too many are not necessarily good for long term relationships. Many people have their own agendas on why they enter into relationships and many are reasons that don’t agree with me. I think what makes partnering up difficult is simply because finding someone who share your same values AND is attractive to you AND finds you attractive AND having the right conditions to meet is just not simple. So not only that but to answer why it’s not within a certain time frame. A lot of us wasted too much time on the wrong person trying to make it work when it just don’t work. We are too different, we have our own self interests, we have our own dating rules some wise some silly some that works some that works against us, we are fallible human beings that makes mistakes.....so many factors that can contribute why we haven’t found a person who is right for us sooner rather than later.

But that’s just my 2 cents. Good luck girl!