How do I develop something with this guy? **Updated**

krystalviolin

• Author
krystalviolin

So I wear glasses.. And I need to wear them because my eyes are really bad. I do own contact lenses and i wear them to special events. My eyes don't take the lenses that well as they become red after only a few hours and start to itch.

Anyhow, I have never kissed a guy before. Do glasses disturb it?

Also: I have a date in 9 days and I am not expecting a kiss already but I don't know if I should wear my glasses or not. Many people tell me that I looked pretty with glasses on, too and I do feel more comfortable with them. The guy has seen me with and without glasses. He used to wear glasses, too.

Don't sweat it... your glasses are not even going to be a factor in anything...

and I wear glasses. I'm 59 and they've never hindered any kiss I've had.

For me, they can be attractive on the right woman. Taking them off during a kiss can be a nice "signal" too. Just sayin' ...

• Like 2

As MaleIntuition said, wear what makes you feel confident and good about yourself.

As far as kissing, the glasses won't get in the way unless you get into a major make-out session. If you do you can just take them off at that time. :)

I usually wear contacts but when my eyes are tired I wear glasses. Guys have always been complimentary when they see me in glasses for the first time, so I don't think it's a big deal either way.

No, glasses won't get in the way, though they might become dislodged if you're not careful but only if you're upside down or something. If he tries to remove them, just tell him, No, I want to see.

Happy Lemming

Have you researched Laser Vision Correction??

I had it done 20+ years ago, still have 20/20 vision...

healing light

I've had many kisses with and without my glasses--doesn't get in the way. I might take them off for a makeout session since people can get handsy with your hair, but don't worry about a simple kiss!

I wear glasses, I LIKE my glasses! Honestly I get compliments on them all the time (I have a few different frames), and I think I look good with them on.

They are a great conversation starter honestly (strangers often ask me about them).

Anyway YES you can kiss with glasses on. The only time they get it the way for me is when I accidentally bump the corner when our faces are close.

When things get hot and heavy I take them off.... or sometimes I don’t because that sexy librarian thing has its appeal ;)

Glasses are sexy. Kissing is sexy. Kissing someone with glasses is sexy. My ex wore her glasses sometimes and we'd kiss until they we're in the way, she'd let me take them off and the moment I did well things were about to go down.

I also wear glasses occasionally (usually contacts, but my eyes do get dry some days and need a rest).

For small kisses, they don't get in the way. For more of a makeout session, they can but that depends on the frames. None of my partners have ever had a problem with them. Often we see them as the first bit of "clothing" I remove while we're getting down to it ;)

My recent dates must have been good because I can’t even remember whether I had my nearsighted glasses on or not :love:

I always wanted to have to wear glasses, and it finally happened a few years ago. I find glasses incredibly sexy.

I wear them when getting into a restaurant otherwise it’s a little difficult to find my date. So when I have a new date the first thing a man sees is a “librarian” look which I think surprises them as I don’t have pics with glasses. When I’m seated I usually take them off as I don’t need for short distance. I always get compliments on my glasses. And a kiss :)

Edited by edgygirl

My BF wears glasses most of the time, unless we're doing something (like hiking or snowshoeing) and then he wears contacts. I love the way he looks in glasses, and I love how, when we start to kiss, he will take off his glasses because I know things are headed in a very good direction then. :cool:

I am very blind without glasses and wear contacts most of the time, but am happy to wear glasses around him late at night and in the morning. Glasses are awesome and can easily be taken off when they need to be out of the way!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
krystalviolin

So I had a first date with a guy recently. And I made a lot of eye contact. And he did, too. But sometimes he didn't. I wanna know, like, in general: Are guys more uncomfortable with eye contact than girls? Or am I being creepy? He had beautiful eyes tho

• Author
krystalviolin

I had a date two days ago. People who have read my previous threads know which guy he is and how I met him. To briefly summarize it: We had seen each other briefly at seminars and a concert and then he suddenly texted me and we have been texting, calling, snapping and flirting for about two months.

We live pretty far away from each other but he travels around a lot and now we finally had a date. In a restaurant. It was good. But it could have been better. I have often heard that dinner dates aren’t recommended for a first date because they can be awkward and you should rather have an activity or walk around. But we didn’t have many options and finally needed to meet. He was very nice the whole time and paid and everything. At the beginning it was really nice, we were talking well and the food was delicious. We also had dessert and switched our desserts to try it out..

Anyhow, I asked him how his puberty was and if anything crazy happened, just to have something to talk about. And then he asked me: what about my past. And I just told him about a former best friend that had bad influence on me and hit on my ex boyfriend and stuff. I really regret talking about it and mentioning my ex just in a side sentence.. Because then my date asked: “If we’re already talking about this

How many boyfriends have you had?”

Something like this.. And I just thought ‘No, I don’t wanna talk about this already.’ But I was stupid and told him my ex was my first love and stuff and I AM SO STUPID. Why did I do that?! I just stopped talking and my date said I didn’t have to talk about it if I didn’t want to. But from there the date became kinda awkward and I really don’t know if he still likes me.. We sat in the restaurant about 2,5 hours and then he had to leave for his train because he had a 4 hour trip in front of him (told ya, he’s busy and travels around a lot). We hugged each other goodbye.

When I got home he texted me if I had arrived home. And I answered him. Then he asked what I would do this evening and I told him I would workout after all the food. Then he texted the next morning: “Good morning ? Yeah, I will have to practice the trumpet instead of working out here” And I waited until the evening to answer him because I was studying yesterday and didn’t wanna seem needy in a way? I answered: “That’s fine, that also burns calories.” And then he read the message and didn’t answer me since then. Which is very unlikely for him.

He could be busy right now.. I am focusing on studying for my exams next week but I feel like this first date might have made me seem less attractive than his expectations were? And I know this sounds like I have loow self esteem.

I just don’t if I should text him and be really nice (I heard guys like it when girls text them first) or would that seem needy?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

OK, so there were some hiccups. Nothing is perfect.

Do reach out & thank him again for the date. That is not needy, clingy or desperate. It seems to be the "new" universal way to signal continued interest.

I'm sure you did because you are a polite person.

What I am recommending is that you text another thank you because that text is the signal to him that he has a green light to ask for the 2nd date.

You could also ask something about how trumpet practice went.