How should I respond?

• Author

I just got home from a really nice date unfortunately when it ended we both agreed that we just didn't have enough uncommon to see each other again... still it was a very nice date. It lasted 2 hours with drinks/appetizers and nice stroll along the pier. Over all I wasn't attracted to him but I wasn't unattracted to him so it wasn't a deal breaker. Conversation was very easy and we covered a lot of topics but the their were a few things that we in common but very little... I work out several days a week and he could hardly keep up with me while walking. It was kind of embarrassing when he asked me to slow down because of his knees... he was over weight. The big difference is that he is heavy into hunting and fishing. I am not that outdoorsy anymore.... the he fishes for salmon… but I don't eat salmon because I want to save them for the whales. lol... silly difference I know but in reality I would not be very happy spending every weekend on a boat. lol... That seemed to be his only interest. I enjoy music and going to concerts... he couldn't see himself doing that. We gave each other a hug and parted our ways. Even though he wasn't the right one for me... I appreciate the time he gave me... it wasn't rush, I wasn't sitting in the cold and over all very pleasant.

• Author

Here is an example of why I don't like to give out my phone number to guys until after I meet them and then sometimes I totally regret doing it even then. So the guy I had coffee with on Sunday who was rushing me has been leaving me a bunch of voice messages even though I asked him not to call me. I sent him a message on Monday telling him that I wasn't feeling it and was sorry I didn't think we were a match. I asked him to please delete my phone number. I blocked his number but for some reason I guess people can still leave voice messages because there are 3 of them from him... over the last 2 days! I haven't listened to them and I won't...

delete!

'the guy I had coffee with on Sunday who was rushing me has been leaving me a bunch of voice messages'

is this 'mr angry guy' being true to form Rayce?

I had a guy write to me OLD and ask for my number, I asked him to message me a bit about himself so we have something to talk about, his profile was vague. He wrote something about himself and ended 'I expect my woman to do the same' which I found off-putting somehow. I don't think I'll give anyone my number until we've met first, we can use the 'match' phone thing.

Glad you had a nice date even if it didn't work out- they should all be like that...

• Author

Exactly Ellener he is showing his true colors. I only gave him my number because he was rushing while having coffee. The guy last night we had a nice back and forth via match afterwards wishing each other well. I have both good and bad examples. It is nice to know that I can attract a nice one here and there. Hopefully the next one will have much more in common with me. :)

Here ya go l'll do some match making , meet nospam , you'll need a bike to keep up with him. :bunny:

Thanks, man, nice try. But Rayce thinks I'm not 'high energy' enough for her :p (I don't take it personally :D)

• Like 1
  • Author

lol ok so I just got a reply in my inbox from one of the guys I sent a message too....

Me: Hi xxx, You sure do have cute dimples.

Him: Thank you sweetheart. I think you'd like the rest of me to. I'm in excellent shape and I have big hands

:eek: Not sure how to respond to the "big hands" lol.....

• Author

It's been a good day on match... I got 2 meetup set up. One for Saturday with an older guy who reached out to me and another meetup on Monday with one of the guys that I reached out too. He is a year younger than me. :cool:

• Author

So the guy I met up with on Saturday was a no match. He was a nice guy and all but their was nothing about him that even interested me. He is actually already seeing someone but wasn't happy with the traffic situation. He spent most of the time talking about her. lol... I told him if he met someone that he clicks with not to let traffic stand in the way. lol... I hope he will reconsider and continue to see that other lady.

The guy I had a meet up with this evening was much more my type. We seem to have a lot in common and it was really easy to talk with him. I am hoping he will ask me out again but I don't know he didn't ask me for my phone number.... so we will see. I'll let you know if he does.

Traffic...wow.

Saying that the man I said I'd see for lunch tomorrow seems to be trying to steer me to his part of town, wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want to drive too far! It does seem to be that many of the men my age or older are in a bit of a rut re. such things.

I think I'll go to the place I picked whether or not he comes, I want to try their lunch, but if he's not willing to let me pick the place for the first date I'm not interested anyway, it's not a good sign!

Hope the man you enjoyed talking to makes another date Rayce. Your philosophical attitude to it all and being kind to everyone even if it's not what you want is really cool by the way :)

• Author

Thank you Ellener that is very nice of you to say. I am not sure he is interested. I sent him a message last night when I got home letting him know that I really enjoyed meeting him and hope to see him again. He asked me to let him know I made it home safe. I see he read the message but their was no reply. It's still early though so I am not writing him off yet. ;)

• Author

I have not heard from the guy I had a meetup with Monday. He didn't even acknowledge my text message I sent him so I am going to say... he ghost me. If he was interested he would of texted me by now. :(

That sucks. When you meet someone as a man you should at least have the decency to let them know you were not feeling chemistry or connection. I get that women ghost as some men flip out on them when they say no thank you, but a man should have more guts.

It's difficult to understand, but I make myself assume it's nothing about me.

I personally don't particularly want to go out with either friends or my date this week, and it's nothing to do with them: my truck needs work, I'm super-busy with stuff I don't have enthusiasm to do, vaguely worried about a couple of things I can't do much about...of course I'll either go and try to ensure it's a pleasant outing or I'll cancel and explain, so just tell yourself it's best not to get involved with someone who doesn't have that level of maturity/social skill to be even basic-polite :eek:

I was hurt by the man who flirted with me for months and still have no idea what he was playing at! His colleague hinted that he does this with a lot of women, but also I know she doesn't like him! Will probably never know, which is the thing with all these intense encounters with otherwise-strangers, there's no closure or even understanding of 'what just happened?'.

Just had a conversation with a teenager, oh to be so young, so beautiful, so self-assured! So disabused of so many notions in a year or two too!!! :o

Glad we have this forum to discuss all this :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Happy Friday... Today I have a early cocktails meetup with a guy off of match. :cool:

Hope you got your truck working Ellener. I never heard from that last one. lol... He must really be stuck on himself. lol... :lmao: I am sorry about you being hurt from that one dude... that's exactly why I don't like texting. I am letting guys know that right off the bat that I would rather just meet up. They seem to like that.

Have a good day everyone.

• Author

So I had my meet up but it didn't go very well. I ended up starting to cry right in the middle of it. That's never happened to me before... but the guy was going on and on about stuff and I after a while I knew we wouldn't be a good match and the tears just started to roll down my cheeks. It was the most embarrassing thing. :( I had to excuse myself and tell him I was sorry but we weren't a match. He was gracious of course but still.... it really sucked to end a meetup that way.

• Author

Last night I went into the city with one of my classmates from Art. We did the bar crawl... not something I want to do every weekend... but on Halloween weekend... yeah the city is fun! At the last place we stopped at the guy sitting me to me starts chatting me up. My back was to him so I wasn’t paying attention to who was at his table. It was only when he went to use the restroom that his date let it be known that he was with her. Ok no problem the guy was just commenting on my clown face. When he came back he basically moved over to our table. After last call he was slipped me his phone number and asked me to call him today. Outside his date pulled me aside and told me they had only been dating a few months and weren’t “exclusive” but once again stress he was hers and they were going to such and such hotel for the remained of the night. OK….

My classmate ended up ditching me at the end of the night to go home with some guy dressed as I don't know... I think it was a tinder setup. She mentioned something about meeting up with some guy from tinder. At least she paid for my uber ride home. I just didn’t expect her to ditch me at the end of the evening.

Now I am wondering if I should go ahead and call the guy or toss the number…. I’m headed out for another field trip for photograph so I guess I’ll decide when I get back.

Ahhh , l wouldn't bother. He does that right in front of her, then goes back to sleep with her.

Why would ya !

• Author

Although I was flattered he slipped me his phone number I would never be able to trust him. Not calling him is what I decided to do... If I had been his date and he did that to me... it would of been a fight later in the hotel room... not anything else.