How should I respond?

• Author

Ok so I scored a date off of the bumble app with a guy younger than me by 10 years. That would be my max low end for sure. lol...

It's lunch tomorrow. :cool:

Good luck on your lunch date today!

Remember, the only goal of the first date is to find out if you would like a second date. So be open to learning enough about him to see if you would love to see him again.

Make lots of eye contact, smile, ask him questions that show you are interested in him but not interviewing him! For example, interviewing is asking questions that are obviously looking for "wrong answers" that would be deal breakers. Interested questions are those that you would ask anyone you were friends with and learning more about them.

For example, "So what do you do for a living?"

Answer "I'm an accountant at XYZ."

"Oh. What part of town do you live in"

THIS IS A FAIL!

Better: "So what do you for a living?"

Answer: "I'm an accountant at XYZ."

You: "XYZ, how long have you been there?"

or "Ah, XYZ is in a fun part of town. Do you have a team that has lunches out frequently? There are so many good restaurants near XYZ. Have you guys tried ABC?"

or "Accounting? Were you always good at math?" (big smile)

or "Accounting? Do you love what you do? What's the best part of it?"

Good luck, Rayce!!

• 1 month later...
  • Author

I've given up on the online dating sites and dating apps... I landed a couple of dates off of them but those apps really just make it so hard to meeting anyone...they are all $$$ driven... and match you up by an algorithm but if you haven't given the $$$ you wont get very far.

So... I opt to try something totally crazy and out of character for me!

I created a reddit account and posted a couple of nudes... in my 1st 2 days I had over 100 message; 49 followers and over 100 karma coins (whatever those are for)… lol

Why the nude? Well I wasn't getting very many date with my clothes on so I though I would just put it out there. It was an awesome ego boast for sure… best part about it that for the last few days I have been able to have tons of flirty texts; serious chats; not so serous one and tons of pics sent to me... lol.... best part... All the guys are totally random... not picked by some algorithm! YEAH! That means I have a better chance of meeting a guy that does it for me. I have a date for Wednesday night and a date for Friday night all set up.

• 1 month later...
  • Author

It's been a month since my last post.

OkC - no dates

match - no dates

POF - kicked off as soon as I signed up. Their computer thought I was a bot

Bumble - 2 dates: 1 coke head and the last lunch date was into heroin.

Reddit - I ended up with over 200 messages. I ended up having 4 dates. I am shocked at the level of the guys that asked me out. They have all been with professionals... 2 Microsoft executives, 1 attorney and 1 financial adviser.

lol....

Still... Can't get past the 1st date!

• Author

ha.... spoke too soon. The financial adviser wants a 2nd date. Looks like Friday then. :cool:

• Author

He is going to take me out for dinner and drinks on Friday. He said he was bring me flowers. Normally I wouldn't go out on a second date because I didn't feel any sparks... but I think that is the wrong approach so I really want to just try to get to know this guy and see if sparks come. :)

• Author

My date just canceled. Guess it's time to crack open the beer and turn on the tunes.... oh well... I wasn't really feeling it anyway. Can't see myself kissing him anyway... lol... oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So last night I was stood up by different guy. I waited outside in the cold for almost 45 minutes before I gave it up and went home. When I got home there was a message from him saying he was sorry... he had to help is kid with end of school year project... I just woke up and there is another message from him that says:

"Any chance I could make this up to you Sunday afternoon? Some time after 3-ish? I’d come to your neck of the woods or whatever is maximally convenient for you. I stood up a gorgeous woman on a Friday night. That’s....unacceptable."

Should I reschedule or not?

The Outlaw

Give him the benefit of a doubt and reschedule. If it happens again, forget him.

Should I reschedule or not?

Absolutely not. You teach people how to treat you and lesson has been given already. Too late, plus he sucks. Don't sign up for that.

Remember you said you weren't really feeling it anyway? Don't bother.

• Author

This is a different guy. This was to be a 1st date. I asked him how old his kid was and he said 10... kids need help sometimes so I did reschedule for tomorrow afternoon.... coffee and a walk along the waterfront. If he doesn't show up for that or I'm not feeling it then that will be it.

The other one I wasn't feeling it for and cx the 2nd date was never to be heard from again. I wouldn't of bothered with him again anyway.

Of course give it another shot he was more than apologetic, and a 10yr old , things can change by the second believe me.

He should of let you know a lot earlier though that was a shame. Tell him to give you more notice next time.

Anyway, see how it goes, good luck.

LivingWaterPlease

Not sure if this guy is professional or not. Would you like a little tip you may think is petty on dating professionals but would definitely help you out with many of them?

Don't want to be picky on you but would love to see you succeed! Your call!

• Author

Sure LWP I am open to tips and suggestions. He was a professional... works for Amazon as a data engineer.

It was a waste of my time. Half way through eh date I find out he is married! gurrr….It was really hard not to bolt out the door as soon as he said well yeah I'm married but we split up in February and are in mediation right now. I cut it short after that.

Jesus you kidding, God whata moron, you broke a bottle over his head l hope, felt like it anyway l bet.

• Author

yeah I wasn't happy at all. He was lucky I didn't make a scene in the restaurant. He sent me a message later full of flattery.... I responded by telling that I was sorry to learn he was married but that was a deal breaker for me... it was a situation that I was not able to handle. Good luck.

next... :lmao:

• Author

So last night I had another 1st date/meet & greet. This was guy was actually my age. That was nice! I have a really nice visit but I won't be seeing him again. Frist off... he is still involved with both of his ex's wife's. They have moved from being wife's to FWB???? lol... even if he cut them off... his cologne was so horrible that it just about knocked me off my feet. There is no way I could spend too much time around that. He gave me a hug when we parted and the stench was all over me. It was so bad that when I got home I had to change my clothes and take a shower. Then this morning my purse still stunk to bad I empty it out and put it outside to air out for days.... :sick:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

right... I just brought my purse back in the house from airing out. lol... Still haven't had a date since. :( I'm trying to line one up now with a guy that just wants to text... ugh... told him no tks… but I was up for dinner if he was really interested in getting to know me. So well see how that goes.

• Author

Well that was a bust... the guy wasn't interested in having dinner with me he is only interested in a FWB situation while I'm looking for a LT with someone else. Whatever.... :rolleyes:

• Author

It been awhile since I landed a date and it looks like my online stuff has hit a stale mate. Time to try something different IRL. I got a couple of great suggestions off of some of the threads here at LS that I am going to try this week... starting today.

1. Today I am headed to the shooting range for a refresher course on handguns and firearms safety. I am going to check the place out. They have a ladies club I am going to checking to joining.

2. Tomorrow I have a piano lesson at a local music place. I bought myself a Casio keyboard for my birthday last month. It's an instrument I've always wanted to learn.

Wish me luck!~ ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I have date lined up for this Saturday evening at a very expensive steakhouse. This is the message I received this morning from him:

"I hope you are ready for some "fun times" after dinner..I'm not sure I'll be able to keep my hands off you"

I not sure how to answer this or if I should cancel. This is a 1st date. I haven't even met him. It's a blind date. :eek:

I have date lined up for this Saturday evening at a very expensive steakhouse. This is the message I received this morning from him:

"I hope you are ready for some "fun times" after dinner..I'm not sure I'll be able to keep my hands off you��"

I not sure how to answer this or if I should cancel. This is a 1st date. I haven't even met him. It's a blind date. :eek:

Oh my. Gross. How were you introduced to him? Did he suggest the expensive steakhouse (overkill for a blind date, IMO)?

I would probably respond and say something like "I'm not sure how to interpret your message, but I hope you don't have the wrong idea about our plans for the evening, considering that this is the first time we are meeting.

If you are expecting more than dinner with me, then we should cancel."

• Author

Right? He contacted me through my reddit profile that I am using for OLD. He has only seen some pictures of me. I haven't even seen a picture of him. lol... Yes he picked the restaurant. I looked it up because I have never been there. That's how I know it's expensive.