Date in hospital/after hospital

ShaunaN

• Author

Just an update.

Its been a year since this all happened (and nearly a year since Ste passed away). Kirsty ended up moving in with me as she found herself homeless, it made us closer and its given me some peace.

Jaap come and valued the collection and we are sitting on a valuable collection, We've been out to Lelystad and I feel very close to Ste, last time I was out there it felt he had left me, It felt like he was saying "You will be fine, I'll be looking out for you" and it brought some bad thoughts back that he truly has gone.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, ShaunaN said:

Just an update.

Its been a year since this all happened (and nearly a year since Ste passed away). Kirsty ended up moving in with me as she found herself homeless, it made us closer and its given me some peace.

Jaap come and valued the collection and we are sitting on a valuable collection, We've been out to Lelystad and I feel very close to Ste, last time I was out there it felt he had left me, It felt like he was saying "You will be fine, I'll be looking out for you" and it brought some bad thoughts back that he truly has gone.

You had the wonderful privilege to know him and be a big part of his life. Keep the memories close to you, he's still in your heart and soul. We eventually let go of the loss but never the love, darling. It's alright.

• Author
2 minutes ago, Negotaurus said:

You had the wonderful privilege to know him and be a big part of his life. Keep the memories close to you, he's still in your heart and soul. We eventually let go of the loss but never the love, darling. It's alright.

People have said I should let go. that he is gone. I just can't when I get on a flight it just reminds me of him

Just now, ShaunaN said:

People have said I should let go. that he is gone. I just can't when I get on a flight it just reminds me of him

I dumped everyone who told me to "get over it" after I lost my friend.. Very rude. You heal at your own pace, take all the time you need. It's painful but in my case I fully embraced my grief and whenever I am reminded of my friend, I smile! I'm so full of love thanks to her. Beautiful in a way. 

• Like 1
  • Author
5 minutes ago, Negotaurus said:

I dumped everyone who told me to "get over it" after I lost my friend.. Very rude. You heal at your own pace, take all the time you need. It's painful but in my case I fully embraced my grief and whenever I am reminded of my friend, I smile! I'm so full of love thanks to her. Beautiful in a way. 

Thats sweet. I do have a fear of hospitals now though. We spent our last bit of time there and I can't go near one.

I'm glad you are doing okay. I don't think you can ever let go, but you'll go on. I'm sure that's what your husband would have wanted.

Positive thoughts for you, Sweetie.

Cannot believe it's been a year, Shauna.

I've said before, I'm so grateful that you allowed us into your life, allowed us to support you and cheer you on during this amazingly wonderful and devastatingly sad time. 

I will never forget the joy I felt (and sense of being useful) in weighing in on your wedding dress choices. You found a way to create community, international community, at the most baffling, disorienting time in our life--when we're losing a loved one. 

Shauna, you know my next question: did you get a massage recently? To ease your stress? I just loved the way you would say, "I got a massage ... but I feel guilty." "I ordered some great food ... but I feel guilty." 

Thanks for the update, it's nice to hear how you are.  I think you captured a lot of hearts while sharing your experience with us.  

Take things on your own time schedule.  You'll never "get over" him, he will always be part of you.  But because he loved you he would want you to be happy and fully involved in a productive life.  Honor his memory by doing that - but again, on your own schedule.    

• Like 1
  • Author
8 hours ago, Lotsgoingon said:

Cannot believe it's been a year, Shauna.

I've said before, I'm so grateful that you allowed us into your life, allowed us to support you and cheer you on during this amazingly wonderful and devastatingly sad time. 

I will never forget the joy I felt (and sense of being useful) in weighing in on your wedding dress choices. You found a way to create community, international community, at the most baffling, disorienting time in our life--when we're losing a loved one. 

Shauna, you know my next question: did you get a massage recently? To ease your stress? I just loved the way you would say, "I got a massage ... but I feel guilty." "I ordered some great food ... but I feel guilty." 

I got one a few months back with some cake from across the road. I felt really guilty. Ste would have loved a massage and cake. I'm booked in for another next week. Thank you for your kind words. I'll never forget the whole sleeping on a chair in his room, Running on empty and at times not knowing what day of the week it was. I remember my wedding day, I'll never forget it, even though we had the bad news later in the day.

5 hours ago, FMW said:

Thanks for the update, it's nice to hear how you are.  I think you captured a lot of hearts while sharing your experience with us.  

Take things on your own time schedule.  You'll never "get over" him, he will always be part of you.  But because he loved you he would want you to be happy and fully involved in a productive life.  Honor his memory by doing that - but again, on your own schedule.    

I've been taking things slow. I've had the freedom to take my time grieving, I never want to forget him. I was invited to Holland on his birthday, they had put a plaque up and we went to all Ste's favourite places. Was really nice to do.

The whole question of Ireland is coming up again, I'm not sure what to do.

• Like 1