Tired of incompetent husband (newlyweds)...

thefooloftheyear

Do NOT do those things for him, unless it's part of a pre-negotiated arrangement (i.e. if he does all the cleaning and you do all the cooking). Even if it takes an hour to show him and 30 minutes to do it yourself, take the hour to show him. Give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish, and all that. Also, don't prevent him from facing the consequences of screwing up. If he doesn't do the laundry, he'll eventually run out of clothes to wear. If he doesn't iron his own clothes, he'll be struggling with an iron at 7am. That's life, that's what most of us learn when we move out for the first time. Do your best to allow him to have that experience, even if you're living with him.

The day a woman tried to train me like a dog, that will be the last time she ever saw me-or any other guy worth a shyt .:rolleyes:..

How utterly degrading/humiliating...

TFY

The day a woman tried to train me like a dog, that will be the last time she ever saw me-or any other guy worth a shyt .:rolleyes:..

How utterly degrading/humiliating...

TFY

What? :confused: It's not about "training someone like a dog", it's about letting someone live like an independent adult and not being their mother.

"Training him like a dog" would be like telling her "don't touch him for a day if he doesn't fold his clothes." :rolleyes: Obviously, that would be wrong and stupid.

Frankly, I'm surprised at this response. If you live with housemates and don't do your own laundry, do you expect them to do it for you? Are they "training you like a dog" if they don't? What about if you are living alone - who is "training you" by refusing to do your laundry in that case?

Edited by Elswyth
  • Like 2