Why didn't he tell his wife he loved me?

Not sure if this is always true. MM would often text me or play online games with me while he was at home. A few times he texted to ask if I wanted to go somewhere RIGHT NOW. The attention makes it hard not to feel that he’s lavishing it all on you. Everyone has an ego. Something someone said recently made me see it in a different light, which is probably closer to the truth. I think his main impetus was not me as much as it was to escape. Not permanently, just temporarily. He just wanted a little respite from his life of responsibility and worry, and that’s what I represented for him.

xMM and I shared a hobby and lots of interests. These were not his wife's interests.

Poppy

• Like 1

But I also understand that in some cases, the pain of leaving far outweighs the pain of staying. So sometimes it's a choice of the "lesser evil".

I think this is huge. I would like to rip it off like a band-aid, but it's hard. STBX is still my "roommate." As cliche as it sounds, it's for our kids to get a bit older.

I don't know what my AP told his BW (if he loves me), but I certainly have not told my STBX that. For me, there's no reason for me to hurt him right now and I know that it would.

We are still humans and I still "love" STBX because he is a great father to my children and a good friend and we have great memories together.