True or false: Men prefer average women because less work and competition?

I think this thread is mostly stupid, lol!

But I think this idea that highly educated people are ugly is ridiculous. I don’t see it at all. But I live in a city where people are highly educated and there is a large, well-regarded university, so maybe I’m cued into different signifiers of class or something. If anything, highly educated people are better looking. They can afford to take better care of themselves, are less likely to be fat, more likely to exercise, can afford better clothes and grooming, less likely to smoke. It goes on and on.

I mean, I guess if you’re comparing female college professors to strippers, baristas, hairdressers, or the girls working at Forever21...I guess you’re right...? Not sure how long that sort of attractiveness lasts.

thefooloftheyear
I don't see it either, he is actually pretty ugly in my opinion.

It's like you hear so many people say that the Kardashian's are unattractive...The show and all the other crap is BS, but I don't know what they are looking at...ALL of them are very attractive, IMO, even mom...;)

TFY

But I think this idea that highly educated people are ugly is ridiculous. I don’t see it at all. But I live in a city where people are highly educated and there is a large, well-regarded university, so maybe I’m cued into different signifiers of class or something. If anything, highly educated people are better looking. They can afford to take better care of themselves, are less likely to be fat, more likely to exercise, can afford better clothes and grooming, less likely to smoke. It goes on and on.

Yes, but what is it that makes those people very attractive?

other than being in shape?

Most of the people I'm around are middle-class, and no, not the American version of Middle-class, more like ''the pensions for the retired folks is around 500 dollars a month'' and most of them are still pretty trim and lean.

I mean, I guess if you’re comparing female college professors to strippers, baristas, hairdressers, or the girls working at Forever21...I guess you’re right...? Not sure how long that sort of attractiveness lasts.

Ah. So you're comparing those people you see with the population at large? I suppose that when you are comparing healthy-looking people with obese folks, the fit ones are going to be considered very attractive, but I'm talking about models and girls who look like lowkey Hollywood actresses.

Not sure how long that sort of attractiveness lasts.

It lasts long enough for satisfying hook-ups.

It's like you hear so many people say that the Kardashian's are unattractive...The show and all the other crap is BS, but I don't know what they are looking at...ALL of them are very attractive, IMO, even mom...;)

TFY

The Kardashians have all the biological markers for high levels of fertility aka female beauty, with their wide hips and big butts and extremely feminine facial features.

The Kardashians have all the biological markers for high levels of fertility aka female beauty, with their wide hips and big butts and extremely feminine facial features.

as long as they are wearing their makeup and designer clothes they look great. I wonder what Kim or Chloe look like when they wake up

as long as they are wearing their makeup and designer clothes they look great. I wonder what Kim or Chloe look like when they wake up

Nah, take off their make-up, and Kim and Chloe still have 'em wide as the Russian borders hips, those amazing butts, and breasts, and Kendall Jenner is still tall and gorgeous without make-up. I've seen the nudes for both Kendall Jenner and Kim, and I would give 20 years of my life expectancy to spend a night with each one of them.

I wonder what Kim or Chloe look like when they wake up

lol no one looks good when they wake up. I used to date a girl who'd spend 3 hours a day working on her make-up, clothes and accesories, and she had no reason to do it, but that's what I love about hyper feminine girls. They want to look their best for you.

Nah, take off their make-up, and Kim and Chloe still have 'em wide as the Russian borders hips, those amazing butts, and breasts, and Kendall Jenner is still tall and gorgeous without make-up. I've seen the nudes for both Kendall Jenner and Kim, and I would give 20 years of my life expectancy to spend a night with each one of them.

lol no one looks good when they wake up. I used to date a girl who'd spend 3 hours a day working on her make-up, clothes and accesories, and she had no reason to do it, but that's what I love about hyper feminine girls. They want to look their best for you.

Sabaton, do you have any idea how much plastic is involved with these people?

Each to their own, but lot's of people wake up and look great. No effort involved. Three hours?

Without getting into too much detail, my company is located next to a business that caters to a variety of mostly intellectuals/academic types...

If you stand around and watch the people that go in and out of there, its just a parade of butt ugly...Men AND women...Shoddy dressed, horrible physiques, women with no bras and tits down to their waistline...Stringy hair, etc...Guys with flood type pants, ugly glasses, most of them look like pedophiles...:confused:

Now. I wont say there are none that are well kept, because I am sure there are...but if this is any indication, then it does lend some credibility to the stereotype...

TFY

You can see more of if in certain regions. I have frequently visted the San Francisco Bay area. Whether for a trip with friends, visiting family or being sent by my employer. There is an abundance of people you describe. I know there are people like that everywhere, but there's a noticeable difference in that there many more per capita .

• Like 1
littleblackheart

If your confirmation bias is based on low confidence and insecurity and you somehow need to believe the majority of academic / smart people are a variation of the Big Bang Theory, that's fair enough even when that's demonstrably untrue. Sometimes you just need to hold on to what makes you feel better about yourself; I get that.

Edited by littleblackheart
Additionally, your "beautiful" and my "beautiful" could be two different things entirely....

TFY

Yes, I am very sure they are. I’ve read enough of your posts to gather that, lol!

Lol! Enough said.

Or maybe not. I bet she posts selfies of herself on social media all day long.

Edited by Veronica73
Lol! Enough said.

Or maybe not. I bet she posts selfies of herself on social media all day long.

Yes, she does, and she collects a lot of instagram followers and guys who are trying to hit it and trying to go about it by buying her all of the expensive stuff that she wants.

Sabaton, do you have any idea how much plastic is involved with these people?
I was thinking more about their butts and hips, than anything else. I'm sure they've had plastic work done, but there's women out there who look like that naturally.

I had a couple of classmates in college who were only 18 and they already had hips that were as wide as the super continent pangea, and a bubble butt that was so big and perky you just couldn't believe it was natural. When they'd go to the beach with you and your friends and they'd strip down to a g-string. .

That was the only moment in my life I believed in the existence of a supernatural being that created everything.

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/5b7b39153bff8a5e1b7ba4ca/master/pass/t-kendall-jenner-enraged-models.jpg

If you take away the make-up and their hair products, she's still gorgeous

If your confirmation bias is based on low confidence and insecurity and you somehow need to believe the majority of academic / smart people are a variation of the Big Bang Theory, that's fair enough even when that's demonstrably untrue. Sometimes you just need to hold on to what makes you feel better about yourself; I get that.
Do you really believe the majority of the people who make up the academic circles are attractive to very attractive?

The majority of academic/smart people are 25-30 years old and very attractive?

does that mean they look like this?

(NSFW)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_284cbRdx75A/TA6l3hbd7VI/AAAAAAAAAgY/zsbwVN4WWP8/s1600/evandro-soldati+1.jpg

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/gandy-collection/david-gandy-models-his-underwear-collection-09.jpg

And this(NSFW)

http://ohomeminvisivel.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/joana-duarte.jpg

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/ambrosio-bikini/alessandra-ambrosio-bikini-st-barts-02.jpg

?

How come most of the academic army I met were middle-aged men and women with beer bellies, bald, or wrinkled up? Where are all of the 25-30 year old male and female hotties that I see around working in restaurants and bars and mall stores?

The women in those pictures are almost 40, and the pictures were taken recently enough :love:

Edited by sabaton
littleblackheart
Do you really believe the majority of the people who make up the academic circles are attractive to very attractive

Honestly, I don't really understand what your personal issue is with highly educated people - I just find it plain strange, sorry. Like I said, if you are so desperate to believe people who are more educated than you are not attractive, that's entirely your prerogative. I don't know what sort of satisfaction this brings you but if you need that as validation in your own life, who am I to judge.

• Like 2
Honestly, I don't really understand what your personal issue is with highly educated people - I just find it plain strange, sorry.

What personal issue? I have no issue dating and hooking up with highly educated women as long as they're hot. I am not intimidated that they make more money or are more educated. Frankly, it feels great to be with people who aren't expecting you to pay for dates or to buy them stuff.

Like I said, if you are so desperate to believe people who are more educated than you are not attractive, that's entirely your prerogative. I don't know what sort of satisfaction this brings you but if you need that as validation in your own life, who am I to judge

I'm not the one who went on a rant saying that highly educated people are very physically attractive and then went on to accuse the other posters that they are desperate to believe that the people who are more academically educated are not physically hot.

Now, I'm asking. Where exactly on this earth the people who look like the men and women I just showed you are located on, the doctors and the dentists and the engineers and all of that high-flying academic folks?

You said that highly educated people are very attractive. Then why were all of my teachers and all of the people I met through my college teachers middle-aged, bald, overweight, and completely lacking in aesthetics?

Show me a 25-30 year old masters/pHD student who looks like this.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/24/21/27F5102900000578-3054517-image-m-172_1429906645717.jpg

And even if you manage to find one, the fact still remains that the vast majority of the people who hold masters and phd degrees are not very attractive.

littleblackheart
And even if you manage to find one, the fact still remains that the vast majority of the people who hold masters and phd degrees are not very attractive.

Look, it's getting increasing clear that for whatever reason that I can't quite fathom, you need to believe this unfounded opinion of yours to be a fact. I don't know why, I find it both sad and puzzling but you know, you're entitled to your opinion if it helps you feel better about yourself.

• Like 1

My wife has a masters from Princeton and she is drop dead gorgeous. I look at her everyday and I can't believe I am actually married to a woman like this. I am not some snob who looks down on working class folks with a blue collar job and I feel they deserve much more respect and pay than society gives them but don't turn around and crap on educated people either.

Now, I'm asking. Where exactly on this earth the people who look like the men and women I just showed you are located on, the doctors and the dentists and the engineers and all of that high-flying academic folks?

You said that highly educated people are very attractive. Then why were all of my teachers and all of the people I met through my college teachers middle-aged, bald, overweight, and completely lacking in aesthetics?

Show me a 25-30 year old masters/pHD student who looks like this.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/24/21/27F5102900000578-3054517-image-m-172_1429906645717.jpg

If you don’t mind me asking, what type of college did you go to? In the US, the quality of colleges and their faculty just varies too much.

The guy in your link looks okay: His facial features are so so, whereas his body gave me the impression that this guy is high maintenance and trying a little to hard. Your professors may not be as smart as you think ;)

One of my ex is very good looking, and he’s currently an endowed chair in an Ivy League college (in fact, his department is currently ranked number one according to US News). My current bf is also very good looking (and super sexy), but I won’t bother you with details about his intelligence ;)

p.s. Personally, I don’t think education level and intelligence are the same, especially the quality of education varies so much in the US.

littleblackheart
My wife has a masters from Princeton and she is drop dead gorgeous. I look at her everyday and I can't believe I am actually married to a woman like this. I am not some snob who looks down on working class folks with a blue collar job and I feel they deserve much more respect and pay than society gives them but don't turn around and crap on educated people either.

It's a thing. It's called inverted snobbery, which, in my opinion, is counterproductive and perpetuating this silly notion that educated people are different to those who are not academically educated.

I don't know why people subscribe to this. I guess people like the comfort of their own labels too much.

If you don’t mind me asking, what type of college did you go to? In the US, the quality of colleges and their faculty just varies too much.

Public college, around 90 euros($102) a month to attend, quite cheap by American standards but considered to be expensive by the people of this land. It was a college mostly dedicated to the humanities degrees.

Psychology, Political science, Journalism, music, Archeology, History, Art History(lots of super cute girls in that undergraduate) English literature and Culture, Geography, and Translation.

It was a small campus, with tens of thousands of women attending from all over Europe, and a few thousands of men.

Some of the women were from India, there were also women from Africa and South Africa, Brazil and Argentina and a few Asians here and there, mostly from China.

Most of the women were tall(5'7''+) pretty slim(90lbs for the short ones at 4'10'') and very rarely would I ever see a girl who was close to being 140lbs, and when I did see one of that weight it was a tall girl(5'10'') and in any case she was still very lean-looking.

They would all wear summer dresses and shorts shorts, make-up, their hair was always done and their fingernails, and they were all charming. They would talk to you if you went up to talk to them, and they would hang out with you and your friends and from there it didn't take long for them to go out with you if they liked you.

The guy in your link looks okay: His facial features are so so,

Yeah, I was thinking that his face was nothing special, but he has a good body, and he's probably tall.

whereas his body gave me the impression that this guy is high maintenance and trying a little to hard. Your professors may not be as smart as you think ;)

haha, nah, I'm pretty sure the guys were the bees knees in their area of expertise, with careers spanning 40 years or more, dozens of books writen, tons of conferences between highly esteem colleagues, and lots of students under their supervision for the masters and phD progam.

Yeah, these guys were never probably heard of in the US, but then again I'm sure there's elite teachers in Syria that we have no idea about.

One of my ex is very good looking, and he’s currently an endowed chair in an Ivy League college (in fact, his department is currently ranked number one according to US News). My current bf is also very good looking (and super sexy), but I won’t bother you with details about his intelligence ;)

That's awesome, and I'm happy for you. haha, you know me well, don't ya. Brainy stuff bores me to tears.

p.s. Personally, I don’t think education level and intelligence are the same, especially the quality of education varies so much in the US.

Yes, I agree with you. College is more about repetition and the ability to memorize an to give to the teachers the answers that they want than anything based off the student's brain power.

I usually find women in the 7-8 range often have the most options.

They are attractive enough for the most attractive and highest status men. However, most average looking men or even below, believe they have a shot as well.

Therefore, 7's and 8's have the widest selection: men who are looking for a similarly attractive woman, average and a few below average men, as well as the highest status, best looking men.

I have a small waist, wide hips, a big butt, great skin, great hair and great teeth and one day all that stuff is going to go away. Everything that people think will last forever won't. Everything is impermanent and therefore meaningless.

Find someone you feel is kind and most importantly kind to you. That will last. Kindness is fixed.

(Also, I have a masters...just sayin)

Edited by brigit87
  • Like 2
I know many a divorcee who would disagree.

Real kindness doesn't go away. One might get upset and be somewhat nasty for a while but if you feel empathy for others, care about nature, do your part to help your community and feel like you'd like to leave the world a better place then your kind. And it will also be there even when you don't feel kind.

I have a small waist, wide hips, a big butt, great skin, great hair and great teeth and one day all that stuff is going to go away. Everything that people think will last forever won't. Everything is impermanent and therefore meaningless.

No, it won't. My mother is 60 years old, and she's still like that. She's still a curvy 90lbs at 4'10''.

Guys who are 20 years younger than her, heck even attractive guys in their mid 20s and 30s approach my mother all the time. I can't leave her alone for 5 minutes without guys coming up to her, and even when guys see that she's accompanied by a man(me) they stare at her like they have been in jail for the last 20 years and this is the first time they've seen a woman since coming out.

Beauty is eternal, and a beautiful woman produces beautiful daughters. Who wouldn't want that?

a beautiful woman produces beautiful daughters. Who wouldn't want that?

That's not necessarily true. A beautiful woman can have a butt ugly child.

In any case, beauty does fade. Your mom might be still hot but I bet when she was in her 20's she was breathtaking. Beauty is just skin and shapes, form.

Form is always changing. And that's a good thing.

• Like 1