Feel like crying...A woman just can't get a break from her appearance

• Author
I dated my David Gandy before. Maybe other people think he is hideous or not their type.

Holy...you are really something. isn't he the highest paid male model in the world? Not that I am care about him or anything.

• Author
She told me never to go out - not even for a bottle of milk - until I had lipstick on. 20-odd years later that is still one of the best pieces of advice I had ever had - and the Maybelline Brand has made it SO much easier for me! Just that little confidence boost from a small lipstick is amazing.

SEE! THAT'S WHAT I MEANT A WOMAN CAN'T TAKE A BREAK in her appearance.

gosh...I can't do that. I don't mind wear pajama to go to walmart. I am that lazy.

• Author

oh, the 3rd last time I worn high heel and wear my favorite jean and feeling my about my look and went to the kitchen, he was talking/listening to someone. He just completely stopped and tuned out of the conversation and just stared at my lower half unpretentiously. I have been wondering why since...I have never experienced being looked at like at. I only have 27' inseam...

but he didn't even say hi to me when he entered the elevator when I was already there. so, no clue..

Edited by Springsummer
MountainGirl111

He sounds a little spacey...maybe he's on drugs or somethin'. just kidding. People look at people. Men look at women a LOT. Women look at women too. Gay men check women too; gay men LIKE women, even. Everyone looks at everyone. Next time he stares at you like that, try to catch his eye; make good eye contact...and if you can look into his eyes you'll see more of what's going on. The eyes tell all...that's why sometimes people will AVOID eye contact, eh? If some guy is checking you out and you DON'T want to encourage anything, be careful with eye contact....like if you don't want their attentions in that way. I can have good eye contact with various men and it's not the kind of eye contact as when a man wants to jump your bones. But, you get that intuition going and you know. If he won't make eye contact with you he's likely not very interested or just shy.

So how about that make up and jeans party. Wear your favorite jeans or jean skirt and bring lots of make up and stuff and do make-overs. That sounds like fun. Applying make up is kind of like art. I don't know if you even like art.

Pajamas to Walmart? C'mon honey...........surely you can throw on a plaid shift and jeans as a bare minimum, and slippers/loafers?

Edited by MountainGirl111
SEE! THAT'S WHAT I MEANT A WOMAN CAN'T TAKE A BREAK in her appearance.

gosh...I can't do that. I don't mind wear pajama to go to walmart. I am that lazy.

Whoa there - calm down love!

There was NO need for that. I was only trying to answer your question - and you yell at me and jump down my throat :eek:.

To be clear - YOU are the one upset that you aren't dressed up when you see this bloke. Like others, I don't feel the need to dress up so that I look good for a guy - jeeze :rolleyes: - I wear lippy to make ME feel good. Because I like it. I also get dressed before going out, wouldn't be seen dead heading out the house in Pajamas, and clean my teeth. Thats just being an adult with a bare minimum of pride in myself.

When you get the difference, you will stop worrying about this stuff and stop making it a thing. Because it isn't a thing for me, and it wasn't for the person who gave me that advice.

Good luck.

How do you even know that this guy would consider sports clothes and glasses not pretty?

There is a time and place for everything, a party and going jogging are totally different circumstances and a sane guy wouldn’t think that a woman is ugly when not wearing high heels and a dress at all times. And if this is his expectation and you’re not cut out for that, isn’t it better not to start on some false assumption?

When it comes to appearence I believe in looking like the best you. Get nice clothes that make you feel like “yes, this is me” when looking into the mirror.

If there is some piece of clothing that makes you embarrassed just get rid of it and get a better version. There is a difference between worn down sagging jeans and a well-fitting pair you really like. If you don’t like heels, there are trainers and flat shoes that look nice and make you feel good. Nobody can keep up a charade by wearing clothes that they feel uncomfortable in.

• Author

Pajamas to Walmart? C'mon honey...........surely you can throw on a plaid shift and jeans as a bare minimum, and slippers/loafers?

Sorry, stand corrected. by pajamas, I meant very casual wear and something I wear at home, like joggers. Not something I wear to bed, because that's just dirty and not sanitary after expose in public area. I meant when very late at night I need to run a quick errand, in winter, I will just put a big coat outside and don't care what's inside.

• Author
How do you even know that this guy would consider sports clothes and glasses not pretty?

I have never said he will see me wear sport clothing. because I change at the change room in the gym. What I meant was I will change from high heel to running shoes to go from working area to gym. It's a misunderstand here. sorry, I should have corrected it earlier. I only said it is troublesome to have to apply make up twice a day. Don't like to wear makeup while working out too, because mascara and foundation will run down like in a scary movie.

but I got your points. some people with great body can look very good in gym gear. I am not one of them however.

it is important to pick suitable gym wear too. some make me look nice, while some make me look really crappy. It's time consuming to pick suitable ones.

Edited by Springsummer
  • Author
Like others, I don't feel the need to dress up so that I look good for a guy - jeeze :rolleyes: - I wear lippy to make ME feel good. Because I like it. .

I have nothing against you. I just emphasis the theme of this thread.

come on, you said "outside". if appearing good to other is not important, you could have said "inside" and anywhere and anytime as well. why only 'outside'? if you only do it for yourself?

• Author
He sounds a little spacey...maybe he's on drugs or somethin'. just kidding. People look at people. Men look at women a LOT. Women look at women too. Gay men check women too; gay men LIKE women, even. Everyone looks at everyone. Next time he stares at you like that, try to catch his eye; make good eye contact...and if you can look into his eyes you'll see more of what's going on. The eyes tell all...that's why sometimes people will AVOID eye contact, eh? If some guy is checking you out and you DON'T want to encourage anything, be careful with eye contact....like if you don't want their attentions in that way. I can have good eye contact with various men and it's not the kind of eye contact as when a man wants to jump your bones. But, you get that intuition going and you know. If he won't make eye contact with you he's likely not very interested or just shy.

Yes. I should make eye contact next time. even I feel scare doing that(need more confident and not afraid of failure). but that's the way to go.

(I feel this thread can be closed? I think I got all the suggestions I can possibly get. Big thanks for everyone. except if someone has something else to say or suggest)

Edited by Springsummer