Feel like crying...A woman just can't get a break from her appearance

As much as it sounds good to say this the reality is men want good looking women with good bodies..The "better" the man, the more important it is...

I've known well educated and accomplished guys that have happy marriages with women who are dumber than stumps, but have rockin bodies, etc..

Of course there are guys that are content with the frumpy all around kinda gal, but its usually because they don't bring enough to the table for the hotter ones...

TFY

I am sure there’re plenty of accomplished and rich guys who only go for looks and wouldn’t care less about the brain of their wives. But I remember reading about Bill Gates visiting Steve Jobs during his last days; both of them were telling each other how glad that they picked a very smart wife. Another example is Mark Zuckerberg, though I am sure he finds his wife attractive.

• Author

Your head is spinning...is that because you think he might like you, but you can't believe you could be "good enough" for the hot guy? My advice is just be yourself. .

No. My head was spinning because I thought I am a very self respecting person. but if I am not confident enough and think I am good enough, am I still respecting myself? I also wonder how to be an alpha and go getter...that's no easy task.

I am not that concern about the hot guy now because like some people said here, he unlikely is what I imagine to be. I have not yet met a guy that hasn't have some deal breakers YET!

Maybe I am greedy(or too egoistic? too self-respecting? too idiosyncratic)? there are always something about a guy that's not acceptable to me. Good looking? smart? slept with many women? divorce? Have kids? etc...

You see...Maybe that's why I am perpetually alone and end up with nothing?

• Author
If someone can still see the beauty in you even if you don't think you are looking your best...that someone is worth getting to know better perhaps.

I have never met such person in my life. How old are you? that's probably what I thought when I was very young.

• Like 1
Here is one complication: how do you do any makeup, when you want to go to the onsite gym at noon? or in the morning?

oh, god, do makeup in the morning and again at noon?

sometimes, I don't really want to be a woman, lots of troubles. but apparently, I haven't found another woman who resonates with me on this.

BB cream or tinted moisturizer that have spf + light rose or coral lipstick + light cream blush +(optional apply very narrow eyeliner ) + optional ( just redefine your eyebrow)

you are now 50% better looking than 5 minutes ago lol

I liked this video. easy and simple

this one is ok as well

Edited by Noproblem
  • Like 1
No. My head was spinning because I thought I am a very self respecting person. but if I am not confident enough and think I am good enough, am I still respecting myself? I also wonder how to be an alpha and go getter...that's no easy task.

I am not that concern about the hot guy now because like some people said here, he unlikely is what I imagine to be. I have not yet met a guy that hasn't have some deal breakers YET!

Maybe I am greedy(or too egoistic? too self-respecting? too idiosyncratic)? there are always something about a guy that's not acceptable to me. Good looking? smart? slept with many women? divorce? Have kids? etc...

You see...Maybe that's why I am perpetually alone and end up with nothing?

Yep . afraid that could have a lot to do with it .

MountainGirl111
As much as it sounds good to say this the reality is men want good looking women with good bodies..The "better" the man, the more important it is...

I've known well educated and accomplished guys that have happy marriages with women who are dumber than stumps, but have rockin bodies, etc..

Of course there are guys that are content with the frumpy all around kinda gal, but its usually because they don't bring enough to the table for the hotter ones...

TFY

I know plenty of gorgeous women who are also smart... maybe even gifted... sex starts in the brain....I also know plenty of unhappy rich married men

MountainGirl111
I have never met such person in my life. How old are you? that's probably what I thought when I was very young.

Ummmm.... okay...... not sure how you can detect age from that but ok... I’ll go with it....(?)

thefooloftheyear
I know plenty of gorgeous women who are also smart... maybe even gifted... sex starts in the brain....I also know plenty of unhappy rich married men

No argument...I do too...But for many women, ugly/overweight can't usually be overcome by personality, wit, money or anything else.....for a good percentage of men that would be interested....

TFY

No argument...I do too...But for many women, ugly/overweight can't usually be overcome by personality, wit, money or anything else.....for a good percentage of men that would be interested....

TFY

But if she’s smart enough, she would know that being out of shape or being sloppy on her looks would narrow down her options. Both of these are more or less within her control. On the other hand, personally, I wouldn’t be interested in a guy who more or less only go for supermodels without a brain, no matter how accomplished or how charming he is.

But if she’s smart enough, she would know that being out of shape or being sloppy on her looks would narrow down her options. Both of these are more or less within her control. On the other hand, personally, I wouldn’t be interested in a guy who more or less only go for supermodels without a brain, no matter how accomplished or how charming he is.

I have an uncle who was considered very accomplished and well-off when young and married a rare beauty (whom he considered dump). Let me just say that it’s not a blessing to be picked by such a man.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

As a smart woman yourself, I know you would agree that it's pretty hard to get everything....

I just don't know why guys get shamed so much for going for looks/body before other characteristics....It's not like there aren't other guys out there that don't have the same stringent criteria....Yeah....I know...those are not the guys women normally want...round and round we go....

TFY

• Author
OP, you going after Bradley Cooper?

Do you look like Gisele Bundchen?

If so, carry on.

If not, maybe lower your standards?

Bradley Cooper is not attractive to me. He seems quite normal. I don't see the appeal. Many guys I see in life are more attractive than him. The guy in this thread included. The only Hollywood actor I give a damn about is Keanu Reeves.

oh, the Spanish singer Enrique is quite a 10 though in every ways and talented. but all he sings about is love songs, which is boring and lacking depth of life.

Gisele is only tall, everything else about her is normal. I however think Charlie Theron and Angelina Jolie (used to) are extraordinarily beautiful.

• Author
BB cream or tinted moisturizer that have spf + light rose or coral lipstick + light cream blush +(optional apply very narrow eyeliner ) + optional ( just redefine your eyebrow)

you are now 50% better looking than 5 minutes ago lol

I liked this video. easy and simple

this one is ok as well

Thanks for the reminder of BB cream. I tried once long time ago and forgotten. now, I just went and got the Maybeline BB cream. Seems quite natural. but probably not enough coverage for me. let's see.

• Like 1
  • Author
Ummmm.... okay...... not sure how you can detect age from that but ok... I’ll go with it....(?)

Actually, you could be right. I am just saying from my own experience. but maybe I just don't know enough people or have a big social circle to know that in my life. even it could be, but my guesstimate is it's unlikely.

OP, you going after Bradley Cooper?

Do you look like Gisele Bundchen?

If so, carry on.

If not, maybe lower your standards?

Bradley Cooper is not handsome at all, I don't know why would they put him as the most handsome man or whatever

I guess he paid them or something :p

Thanks for the reminder of BB cream. I tried once long time ago and forgotten. now, I just went and got the Maybeline BB cream. Seems quite natural. but probably not enough coverage for me. let's see.

No problem

Honestly, when I am in hurry

I just put some very light powder then:

Lipstick, this lipsticks is combinations of two colors, I never use anything else

This one :

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iUpGghYC0a8/ViGicj7TeqI/AAAAAAACblQ/dbwEdbSy9c8/s1600/MAC%2BCoral%2BBliss%2Blipstick%2Bswatch%2B2.jpg

and this one

https://www.glambot.com/sephora-color-lip-last-lipstick-coral-calling-no-15

+

Coral Blush

something like this one

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW__9s5evjMwq_2-EODFqhBeZ9cMeUOnwOim_SAIsZBB42du3r2w

+ eyeliner or light coral eye shadow.

http://myfindsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Lancome-coral-crush-palette-swatches.jpg

That's it and I look better with them but natural

because my make up is very subtle

So, you just need to practice whatever make you look better and more comfroable

sometimes just a liptstick +powder or BB cream is enough!

Maybe this has already been pointed out but do you get the irony of your post? You’re talking about how women can’t catch a break concerning their appearance (to the point of you wanting to cry about it), yet you’re salivating over this guy simply because of his looks. Seems a little silly, and reeks of double standards.

• Like 3

Bradley Cooper would be an instant left swipe. Gisele hesitant right swipe after pause and maybe check her other photos and profile. My point is that Chris, your high standards do not match mine. Its all very subjective. I dated my David Gandy before. Maybe other people think he is hideous or not their type.

I agree with the double standard point though. Not sure if op addressed my question but seems to want everything to be visually perfect, not just herself.

• Like 1
Maybe this has already been pointed out but do you get the irony of your post? You’re talking about how women can’t catch a break concerning their appearance (to the point of you wanting to cry about it), yet you’re salivating over this guy simply because of his looks. Seems a little silly, and reeks of double standards.

This was kind of what I was alluding to, but it got turned into Bradley Cooper is normal looking, which wasn't the point.

Here is one complication: how do you do any makeup, when you want to go to the onsite gym at noon? or in the morning?

oh, god, do makeup in the morning and again at noon?

sometimes, I don't really want to be a woman, lots of troubles. but apparently I haven't found another woman who resonate with me on this.

Maybelline Superstay 24hr Lipstick :D

Most days that is the sum total of my makeup regime. Put it on once, and then just run a lip balm over it during the day.(you may have to re-apply after a shower at the gym, but thats it) Good for long walks, the gym, work, gardening, shopping, eating. Other things ;) . (Their All Day Cherry is a knockout Red lippy if you ever need it!)

I'm lucky in that I have skin that doesn't need any coverage - but I doubt I would bother most days unless i REALLY needed it. I also generally wear eyeliner but on days when I just cant be bothered - just the lippy is all. I have 3 of their colors that I use depending on my mood.

I took the advice of an Yoga Teacher many years ago when I was struggling with self esteem issues. She told me never to go out - not even for a bottle of milk - until I had lipstick on. 20-odd years later that is still one of the best pieces of advice I had ever had - and the Maybelline Brand has made it SO much easier for me! Just that little confidence boost from a small lipstick is amazing.

• Like 1
MountainGirl111

Accent or try to highlight you best features; whether it's your lips, eyes, or cheekbones. I think my best features are my lips and cheekbones....but I've had people tell me I have pretty eyes too. I wear glasses, so I do wear a little eye makeup to bring them "out" more. I don't care for mascara because it smears to easily. I have good eyebrows, so I try to highlight those. If you feel good, you look good and if you look good you feel good....at least that's how it is for me! A little effort goes a long ways. Drink plenty of water...it's so good for your skin and makes it glow. I also have a special "tea" called "Healthy Skin" that I drink sometimes. I look my best when I take care of my health, get good sleep, keep a healthy diet and exercise...stay active. I love to experiment with different lipsticks. I know, throw a makeup party!!

"

Edited by MountainGirl111
  • Like 1
This was kind of what I was alluding to, but it got turned into Bradley Cooper is normal looking, which wasn't the point.

Not normal looking. Ugly. Left swipe. Doesn't matter if I'm a supermodel or not. Doesn't change whether I'm not attracted to him.how much time and money does Bradley Cooper spend on his clothes and makeup?

Not normal looking. Ugly. Left swipe. Doesn't matter if I'm a supermodel or not. Doesn't change whether I'm not attracted to him.how much time and money does Bradley Cooper spend on his clothes and makeup?

Who's Bradley Cooper? I'm going to have to Google him

• Author

I think they are the same thing: both are about the look.