I decided to move on...no more limbo

I have been dating the new guy for almost 6 weeks now. Everything is going well. He is completely different from my ex. He wants to spend time together, he listens when I talk without being on his phone, and we actually do other things besides drink at a bar.

My ex texted me today to tell me he saw me at the train station. I was with the new guy. He didn’t mention that part, but I know he saw us together. He said I blocked him on FB and if I am going to do that I should get unfriend him instead. To be honest I haven’t done either. Then he said I am sorry this is how I feel.

Why is he texting me now? I don’t need this. I am finally getting on without him. I am dating someone new, and he has to contact me now!

He's doing it because his pride is hurt that you didn't chase him. Also possibly for attention and because he's lonely. Mostly pride though. He pretty much had you on the hook for 3 years and was in the driver's seat of the relationship. He put in minimal effort to date you, and he probably thought you world accept it forever.

This is not about him missing you or wanting to get back together. This is about losing power. He no longer has power over you, and it's messing with his head. I've had this happen to me, and I've seen this game played with friends over the years. Block him, so he won't have you second guessing yourself.

• Like 1

Why is he texting you now? Because you allow him to by not blocking him. You want to hear from him. It means nothing.

Why is he drinking? Because alcohol feels good and he isn't going to give it up.

It's really just that simple.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author
Hope4thefuture

My ex just unfriended me. It is strange. I know it is for the best but it kind of hurts. Now I know it is completely over. Not sure how I feel about that today?

• Author
Hope4thefuture

If we are unfriended isn’t that basically the same? I thought it was. We can’t see each other on social media anymore.

If we are unfriended isn’t that basically the same? I thought it was. We can’t see each other on social media anymore.

No it's not. You block him to make sure he can't interrupt your healing in case he does try to contact you again. So block him not only from social media but everything.

• Like 1