Could the Big Bang be God's Death?

• Author

I'm grateful for everyone's input. Most of the time I think about God when I feel empty inside and hope that somehow God will come along and fill that space.

• Like 1
Justanaverageguy
I'm grateful for everyone's input. Most of the time I think about God when I feel empty inside and hope that somehow God will come along and fill that space.

So I think I will make this my last comment and let others continue giving you different perspectives as I feel I have probably hogged enough space already :)

I would simply say similar to before that feeling for many people is normal. It was for me - though more extreme. It is the emptiness, the hard times, .... that most frequently draws people back to God. Its only when that "emptiness" grows great enough that many people actually turn and are willing to change their behaviors. Without this space - without this emptiness - without this internal trigger they would continue on the current path without God and without changing or thinking and searching for anything more then what they have now.

Think about it. The fact you posted this very question on the board .... came from that feeling you have. Without it - there is no reason to seek more - no sense that "something is missing". You're happy and content so why change or look for something more ? Change doesn't happen automatically it requires stimulus. This feeling is that stimulus. And if God came before people truly reached this point. The point of earnestly seeking and changing the focus of their life ...... then they would think they don't need to do anything more and the path they are currently on now was sufficient. I know I certainly would have.

So here you have to recognize .... god isn't going to "come along and fill that space." He actually created that space - to make you move. The feeling is coming because he has drawn away from you .... in order to bring you closer to him :) To use a metaphor to explain think of it like playing the kids game "Hot and Cold". When you are close to the target everyone yells out Hot. When you're far away everyone yells Cold. The empty feeling in us works like that as a trigger to change your direction in life and bring you back closer to the target. And it can be painful and it can really suck if we refuse to acknowledge this trigger. But often that pain is required before we are willing to actually do something .... Change is hard and we will sometime put up with a lot of emptiness, uneasiness and pain before we are willing to actually stop expecting god to "fill the emptiness" and move ourselves and change our ways to "find him".

Eventually for many people it does reach a breaking point. Here they finally stop struggling against the tide that is pulling in the other direction and surrender. In spirituality that turning point is referred to as simply "Coming to the end of yourself." When you have finally had enough of your own ways not working, enough of the emptiness and actually go to him with hat in hand saying I can do no more I need you. There you find him patiently waiting with open arms saying - What took you so long to find me ? :)

Its not that God is not willing to fill the "empty space". Its actually that this feeling is deliberately designed to draw you to him. I would say your post is the first movement in that direction.

Anyhow that's all for me. I wish you the best and hope in some small way that helped. I hope you find what your looking for ;)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
I won't read the bible. TBH I don't have the patience. I try to be a good person and not get off the path.

I agree that, for the most part, the Judeo-Christian Bible does not provide a very good or clear 'road map' for how to properly stay on a true spiritual path.

If we consider that our true purpose for being in the material world of form is, ultimately, to get our self to the point where we can face - and pass - the Spiritual Initiation of the Ascension,

then there are specific steps on the path that we must properly complete, all of which can be gleaned from studying the life and example of Jesus.

If the Bible does not suit you for this, then you might consider other spiritual texts, like those in the Nag Hammadi Library, 'The Lost Books of the Bible', 'A Dweller on Two Planets', etc.

Generally, the steps are: to cleanse, purify and transmute our impure and imperfect vibrations and misqualified Energies; to repair our lesser-lower consciousness, to offer Prayers and Songs of the Light (Praise and Gratitude); to spiritually repent and seek spiritual Forgiveness (not from or through 'man' but from and through God); to attain our personal Christhood; to properly fulfill our Divine Plan and Service to Life; and, to learn to have proper, responsible and Lawful dominion over the Earth.

In between all of that, is, of course, to keep ourselves obedient to the Will of God and the Law of God, and to make the Renunciations that are listed in 'Pistis Sophia'.

Wishing you the best in your continued seeking.

Edited by Ronni_W
Missed something important.
  • Like 1
  • Author
I agree that, for the most part, the Judeo-Christian Bible does not provide a very good or clear 'road map' for how to properly stay on a true spiritual path.

If we consider that our true purpose for being in the material world of form is, ultimately, to get our self to the point where we can face - and pass - the Spiritual Initiation of the Ascension,

then there are specific steps on the path that we must properly complete, all of which can be gleaned from studying the life and example of Jesus.

If the Bible does not suit you for this, then you might consider other spiritual texts, like those in the Nag Hammadi Library, 'The Lost Books of the Bible', 'A Dweller on Two Planets', etc.

Generally, the steps are: to cleanse, purify and transmute our impure and imperfect vibrations and misqualified Energies; to repair our lesser-lower consciousness, to offer Prayers and Songs of the Light (Praise and Gratitude); to spiritually repent and seek spiritual Forgiveness (not from or through 'man' but from and through God); to attain our personal Christhood; to properly fulfill our Divine Plan and Service to Life; and, to learn to have proper, responsible and Lawful dominion over the Earth.

In between all of that, is, of course, to keep ourselves obedient to the Will of God and the Law of God, and to make the Renunciations that are listed in 'Pistis Sophia'.

Wishing you the best in your continued seeking.

Thank you so much for your post.

I guess I just want to feel that life is important and death isn't scary. I'm looking hard for that evidence.

I had a weird childhood and it has caused so much confusion in how I perceive the world. I'm trying to love more and think less. That seems to help.

I guess I just want to feel that life is important and death isn't scary. I'm looking hard for that evidence.

I would go so far as to say that we are, each individual is, important to Life...that is, as long as we are working towards knowing, understanding and properly fulfilling our personal Divine Plan and

Service to Life.

From studying the texts of other spiritual traditions, and the Gnostic and esoteric Christian teachings, I have come to realize that, if we properly prepare for it,

then the process of transitioning through death is not scary.

If you wanted to look into it further, I would recommend the edition of 'The Tibetan Book of the Dead' that is called 'First Complete Translation' and has the Introductory Commentary by the Dalai Lama.

(I found it a bit dense reading, but, when you put on the right brain then it's not so bad. :).)

I had a weird childhood and it has caused so much confusion in how I perceive the world.
Yes, I think we all have a bit of that in our backgrounds. Part of the step to 'repair our lesser-lower consciousness' is meant to fix our confusions and wrong perceptions of this world and our place in it.

It can be difficult, challenging work, but also rewarding.

One of my biggest wrong perceptions that I had to overcome was that God had abandoned me or withdrawn from me. The truth is that we distance ourselves by 'falling' into lesser-lower consciousness (through not upholding God's Laws) - at which point our faculties of perception cannot perceive or experience God. Nevertheless, however, God remains constant and everywhere present.

• Like 1