Could the Big Bang be God's Death?

Also, what kind of moral god would create dinosaurs just to kill them with a rock?

I was never much into the whole God concept but I have a strong interest in spirituality. Having said that, I’ve spent a lot of time reading about near-death experiences and must say that they have convinced me that there is indeed a God and that he’s extremely loving. More than we can comprehend. This earth experience we have is very hard to make sense of from our human perspective but there are reasons for it. Mostly what I read is that this life is for our growth as beings.

One of the most astounding NDEs I ever read was Eban Alexander’s experience. He was a brain surgeon who said he initially had no belief in an afterlife, and because of his brain function at the time of his NDE, there’s no way he was hallucinating.

I get more answers about god and spirituality from reading about NDEs than anything else. And there are similarities between them all. You may want to look into this subject. It’s quite fascinating.

• Like 2
  • Author
Is your body always perfectly balanced ? ..... or does it get sick from time to time ? Does it go through cycles healthy and unhealthy. Fit and unfit. Strong and weak. Too much of one type of bacteria. A fungal infection. Viruses etc etc

This is the nature of living organism and living systems. They are not static - they are not always perfect - and neither is their surroundings. They fluctuate and are effected by many different outside influences - some of them very negative - and have to adapt and change learn and grow as the conditions change. The healthier the system is and the more harmoniously it works together - the better they are able to cope with these changes or negative influences.

This is life.

Yes, that's nature. Natures response is survival.

• Author
I was never much into the whole God concept but I have a strong interest in spirituality. Having said that, I’ve spent a lot of time reading about near-death experiences and must say that they have convinced me that there is indeed a God and that he’s extremely loving. More than we can comprehend. This earth experience we have is very hard to make sense of from our human perspective but there are reasons for it. Mostly what I read is that this life is for our growth as beings.

One of the most astounding NDEs I ever read was Eban Alexander’s experience. He was a brain surgeon who said he initially had no belief in an afterlife, and because of his brain function at the time of his NDE, there’s no way he was hallucinating.

I get more answers about god and spirituality from reading about NDEs than anything else. And there are similarities between them all. You may want to look into this subject. It’s quite fascinating.

That is beautiful. But God cannot be loving to inflict so much pain on the innocent who don't experience growth from trauma.

ChatroomHero
That is beautiful. But God cannot be loving to inflict so much pain on the innocent who don't experience growth from trauma.

I always find this an interesting argument. My response is you are disregarding free will. God is not controlling every action a person makes, God is not making someone suffer, because people have free will and react to their environment around them. If I exercise my free will and it inflicts pain on others, it's not like everyone is a robot and God is controlling us like a puppet.

Without evil and suffering, there would be no appreciation for life and good things. I mean if everything was good all the time, would "good" even be enjoyable or boring, predictable and meaningless?

• Like 2
Justanaverageguy
My response is you are disregarding free will. God is not controlling every action a person makes, God is not making someone suffer, because people have free will and react to their environment around them.

Agree on this. People want to blame god - for others or there own bad actions. Blaming the parent for something the child did. The purpose of life is partially about learning through experience. Developing yourself to the point where you make the right choices. And yes bad **** still happens - some of it not at all our fault - and often its not fair. Its up to us - at this level to learn to help and support each other get through this when it does. That's why we are here.

Yes, that's nature. Natures response is survival.

I think we have only subtle differences in our understanding. I believe similarly in nature but also additionally that the totality of nature and the living energy that creates the universe forms a living sentient being we exist within. God.

Edited by Justanaverageguy
  • Like 1
Just a thought.

I've been watching the never-ending debates on is there a God or did the nothing create something.

It's all so confusing.

IMHO nothing couldn't create something so a creative designer must have existed but what exactly that designer was I don't know.

Perhaps we are alive because this force greater than us died?

There was a Reverend at my church some years ago...his sermons were so powerful and moving. My church congregation is fancy and pretentious, all the old money of my denomination go there, bores...stiff upper lip and all. This Reverend with all the pews filled would tell a story, just about some regular every day stuff, relatable. The stuffiness would melt, we would laugh so hard and then a few minutes later we all had tears running down our faces. He always ended with scripture and we all got it. It was really beautiful and rare. I miss him, such a gentle and genuine man of God.

I wrote that to say this...God Is. I don't think that humanity is more or less than any energy. When we die we recycle right back into energy for other living things. There is no beginning and no end. Infinite.

It's natural for humans to make ourselves the center of existence but I believe that we are a part of and no more than everything from a butterfly, tree, rock, to a star....everything. Energy never ceases to exist, it only transforms.

We think when our flesh dies, we die, that's what *we* think. Why would Infinity get wound up about Existence?

If nothing ceases to exist or does so only in form and is infinite, why would God get wound up in knots?

The flesh is transient, we all already know this.

I think the Big Bang was the evolution of us and earth and life as we know it. God simply Is, for me.

You have your own relationship and journey. Some people are really gifted to help along the way, like my Reverend. I hope you find what you are looking for, 'seek and you will find.' :)

• Like 1
  • Author

I think the Big Bang was the evolution of us and earth and life as we know it. God simply Is, for me.

That is quite good. And if true how weird that the big bang would continually destroy and create civilizations.

That is quite good. And if true how weird that the big bang would continually destroy and create civilizations.

Lol, rightfully so, methinks. In other words, 'we ain't fully cooked yet,' at least I hope not. ;) It doesn't matter, when something falls another takes it's place. We have learned this from our own history at least.

I always find this an interesting argument. My response is you are disregarding free will. God is not controlling every action a person makes, God is not making someone suffer, because people have free will and react to their environment around them. If I exercise my free will and it inflicts pain on others, it's not like everyone is a robot and God is controlling us like a puppet.

Without evil and suffering, there would be no appreciation for life and good things. I mean if everything was good all the time, would "good" even be enjoyable or boring, predictable and meaningless?

Regarding free will...I remember a conversation I had with my now deceased brother regarding God and free will. He was on some tangent about people having to own their 'stuff' and that God was holding every person responsible for their sins. Keeping a notebook of all the good and bad a person has done and knowing already that they were going to screw up in the future but let them...free will.

So I listened, for a few hours. I asked him, do you ever think that every thing that we do matters and at the same time, nothing at all?

I know you're all going to laugh at me for expressing what you will probably consider a ridiculous idea. But I feel compelled to do so, nevertheless. :)

I think what we recognize as 'time' started with the motion created by the so-called big bang.

I think the big bang was the end result of the war in Heaven that resulted in Lucifer and his followers being cast out due to the sin of pride.

I think the fallen ones existed on Earth in a time before Adam and Eve were created. They did everything in their evil power to prevent the first coming of Christ. And their evil spawn, the Nephilim, along with their many and varied mortal minions are attempting to thwart the second coming of Christ as well.

Their vile efforts will again fail, of course. ;)

Are you a Mormon?

• Author

God got tired of pondering his own existence and created the universe.

(I heard that on youtube didn't make it up.)

A knowing benevolent God couldn't make humans aware of their roles in life and where they fall on the human food chain. That would be evil.

I know you're all going to laugh at me for expressing what you will probably consider a ridiculous idea. But I feel compelled to do so, nevertheless. :)

I think what we recognize as 'time' started with the motion created by the so-called big bang.

I think the big bang was the end result of the war in Heaven that resulted in Lucifer and his followers being cast out due to the sin of pride.

I think the fallen ones existed on Earth in a time before Adam and Eve were created. They did everything in their evil power to prevent the first coming of Christ. And their evil spawn, the Nephilim, along with their many and varied mortal minions are attempting to thwart the second coming of Christ as well.

Their vile efforts will again fail, of course. ;)

Not gonna laugh. I don't know if the fallen ones existed before Adam and Eve, but the Bible does talk of them and how they bred with humans here on earth. They were likely some of the giants to which scripture referred. I'd have to brush up on my reading to be sure. But I do know evil will not prevail. I just wonder how much worse it will become before Christ returns. Sometimes I pray He come now.

• 3 weeks later...
Just a thought.

I've been watching the never-ending debates on is there a God or did the nothing create something.

It's all so confusing.

IMHO nothing couldn't create something so a creative designer must have existed but what exactly that designer was I don't know.

Perhaps we are alive because this force greater than us died?

The answer is NO! GOD is not death, GOD is living life-force energy surrounding all of us now. With out it we all would be death for truth sack. No matter how you feel inside your heart and soul GOD is always around us. No matter what the others think or say he's there. The Big Bang where life started on this planet Earth GOD mighty word started all life as we know it today! I do fear death! But there is no death in my life within me. Strong well and spiritual man like me. GOD is here and GOD will be here before and after my time is near!

God got tired of pondering his own existence and created the universe.

(I heard that on youtube didn't make it up.)

A knowing benevolent God couldn't make humans aware of their roles in life and where they fall on the human food chain. That would be evil.

'That would be evil.'

I talk about my family a lot as far as God is concerned because, I have had the most conversations about God with my family.

So my dad asked me, if God knew that Eve would take the apple, if God knew we would sin, does that make God an a##hole? He had a good point, really. If God knows everything, then God knew we would fail.

I suppose that would depend on how important people think they are. As in, 'we think we are so important that God hinged the rise and fall of humanity based on the eating of fruit, important.'

Honestly, calling God evil because things haven't gone our way sounds super snowfakey and special in a bad way. Who is evil?

• Like 1
'That would be evil.'

I talk about my family a lot as far as God is concerned because, I have had the most conversations about God with my family.

So my dad asked me, if God knew that Eve would take the apple, if God knew we would sin, does that make God an a##hole? He had a good point, really. If God knows everything, then God knew we would fail.

I suppose that would depend on how important people think they are. As in, 'we think we are so important that God hinged the rise and fall of humanity based on the eating of fruit, important.'

Honestly, calling God evil because things haven't gone our way sounds super snowfakey and special in a bad way. Who is evil?

The landlord at my 2nd local has all the attributes of fulfilling the criteria of being evil.

His conversation is somewhat distressing. Usually along these lines.

`Hitler had some good ideas`

`She`s got a hole, hasn`t she?` (This one led to a beer glass being brandished)

`Poles and generally anyone foreign is lazy`

`The only good Muslim is a dead one`

`Chelsea FC, have a crap back four`

`Some of my best mates are black`

Now, where is God in all this?

Actually he was probably represented by a group of us, who don`t actually believe, but believe in tossers being taken to task.

I guess when the Rapture happens, pubs will be less violent.

Or maybe not......?

Rapture leaves the worst to duke it out. :p Don't go to the bars, horrible atmosphere, I would think. Better to contemplate why you still have that option, lol.

People are who they are and too often just what. If you see that, you can't be so bad yourself.

• Like 1
littleblackheart

God is on a zero hour contract apparently.

His employers use it whenever convenient, and drop him like a hot potato when it suits.

As a fair and equal employer myself, I can't give him a job in my business because I don't have a full-time vacancy matching his skill set.

Others can employ him though, as long as they respect all his conditions of employment.

• Like 1
  • Author
The landlord at my 2nd local has all the attributes of fulfilling the criteria of being evil.

His conversation is somewhat distressing. Usually along these lines.

`Hitler had some good ideas`

If there was a God wouldn't he have looked at Hitler and said..."I better take this one out before he does some damage."

Really.

Life is a massive struggle for most. A benevolent god would come up with a better plan.

Justanaverageguy
If there was a God wouldn't he have looked at Hitler and said..."I better take this one out before he does some damage."

Really.

Life is a massive struggle for most. A benevolent god would come up with a better plan.

Just an opinion from me ..... but people often create a false premise that god must be either 100% in control of everything and absolutely and completely omnipotent and omniscient ..... or ...... he doesn't exist at all or simply doesn't care at all. There is no room in their logic for something slightly more nuanced in the way god exists and is able to behave and intervene in the tiny worldly matters at our layer of existence.

What if god is a perfectly good and only wants the best for us - but as he dwarfs us in size and energy levels its difficult for him to intervene at our micro level (God being the larger being that emerges from the totality of universe and us literally are small parts of him that grow from his energy). Due to the massive size differences its difficult for him to directly and actively intervene on a person by person basis. He needs to have conduits - living vessels - here on earth which operate at our scale of existence in order to channel his energy through them to effectively and wisely use it towards his will.

This is what all the holy men have talked about. The human body being a "temple" for Gods spirit. Capable of receiving and channeling his immense power. But with great power ..... comes great responsibility.

Acts 1:8 Jesus replied - You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth"

God has sent specific messengers. Jesus, Buddha, Krishna and used countless holy men who had refined themselves to be counted worthy of receiving this spirit - his living energy. People who were able to overcome worldly desires and the influence of immoral men and impure spirits to act as perfect channels for his energy here on earth. To heal, to help, to serve mankind. To manifest his will on earth.

Perhaps gods power is unlimited .... the only limitation is us. Him not having enough men and women - willing, capable and worthy vessels here on earth who are able to responsibly receive, channel and direct that energy for him to do his will on earth. For him to heal and relieve suffering. If you give immense power of creation to people who will misuse it for selfish or immoral means..... you will only make problems worse and accelerate the damage and suffering.

Instead humans have been on a slow but steady gradual ascent - receiving more power, knowledge and understanding and slowly learning how to channel that energy, power and knowledge in a responsible way. God would like this ascent to be faster .... but as with a child's development it takes time.

• Like 1

Really.

Free will can be a bit of a bugger.

• Like 2
  • Author
J If you give immense power of creation to people who will misuse it for selfish or immoral means..... you will only make problems worse and accelerate the damage and suffering.

God would like this ascent to be faster .... but as with a child's development it takes time.

Then why would God make us in animal form?

Nature and instinct has it's own set of rules.

Justanaverageguy
Then why would God make us in animal form?

Nature and instinct has it's own set of rules.

What other form would you prefer ? :) Can you think of a better one ? Would you prefer to be a tree ? :p

My understanding is that taking on physical living form - flesh and blood - is meant as a kind of learning and development tool. Training wheels you might say for the real thing and also a way for a soul to learn and evolve. It's also a test of a souls state and maturity level.

God is spirit - pure energy. Things operate much faster at the higher pure spiritual level as energy can change form very quickly and fluidly. For newer souls who are still developing its better to slow things down .... you don't give a child a sharp knife. Rather you start them with a blunt instrument and gradually work them up to the sharp knife. Physical form is the blunt knife.

It is much denser more fixed form energy state that allows us to slowly experience, go through and learn in a more deliberate controlled manner. Our physical form slows the speed of manifestation down .... as things take longer to energetically manifest and be created into physical form. It is only those things that we focus on and physically work towards that become reality. If I want to be a doctor I have to work towards that. If I want to have a house I have to have it built. If I want to have a family I have to work towards that - choose a mate wisely and then also experience the energetic ups downs and in between that come with that role and responsibility.

We get to try on different hats and see how they feel and fit. Along the way we are imprinting our energetic state our spirit or soul based on the experiences we have along the way. Some of these experiences we consciously choose to have, some of them are forced on us by the actions of those around us, and some are based on what challenges God and our spirit guides choose to put in front of us.

Not all of these experiences are fun or positive but how we deal with these experiences and challenges ultimately falls to us. We cannot control everything that happens to us - but we can take control of how we choose to react to what happens to us. This is one of the key purposes of this physical life. Learning self control. Not control of the external world. Not control of every experience or energy that comes into our space. But control of the internal world and how we think think, feel and behave in all circumstances.

As for instincts - God made us in his image so we have the full gamut of emotions, desires and energetic experiences available to us. Some healthy and some unhealthy. We get to consciously choose which we engage in. This is the gift God has given us. Whether it becomes a blessing or a curse again ultimately falls to us.

• Like 1
  • Author

My understanding is that taking on physical living form - flesh and blood - is meant as a kind of learning and development tool. Training wheels you might say for the real thing and also a way for a soul to learn and evolve. It's also a test of a souls state and maturity level.

Your theory is interesting. But are humans really the highest level of the food chain? Why would God be so interested in human soul development? Maybe being a tree is a better way of life.

I'm not sure AI will evolve in our lifetime but if it does there will be a new twist on humanity and their place in society.

Justanaverageguy
Your theory is interesting. But are humans really the highest level of the food chain? Why would God be so interested in human soul development? Maybe being a tree is a better way of life.

I'm not sure AI will evolve in our lifetime but if it does there will be a new twist on humanity and their place in society.

Again only speaking from my knowledge and experience .... but it entirely depends on your perspective of what the food chain is. On this planet - yes we are easily and quite considerably the highest form of conscious life. That is a living entity that is "self aware" and has the ability to think, feel and interact with the world around it. There is a level of flexibility - freedom - granted to Humans that is not given to any other creatures or any living thing on this planet. That is the ability to choose what they want to do with their life. :)

A dog really can't be anything but a dog. A human being has almost limitless possibilities to reinvent themselves and choose how they want to live their life and what they want to do with there short spell on this little blue rock. Thats a privilege you should not take lightly :)

But there is a larger privilege granted to humans. That is the ability to know and directly connect with God. The larger energetic being of all that is. This is when you realize how low in the food chain we actually are in reality. You may think AI sounds powerful .... but really its a play thing for us mere mortals. Our physical bodies are vehicles - vessels - capable of connecting with God. You know "The body is a temple" and all that :)

The true real and lasting intelligence to be tapped into is not man made. Its spirit. And we have that capability built in. We don't need to manufacture anything external or artificial to reach it. We have to do something much harder .... which is work on refining ourselves ;)

• Like 1