Just found out my friend of almost 20 years might be a pedophile

Veronica73

amaysngrace

I understand completely, Veronica. All too well unfortunately.

When the time is right you may want to find forgiveness in your heart for them. Remember, you don’t forgive them for them, you forgive them for you.

(((Hugs)))

amaysngrace

I had to learn how to distance myself from some people because they just aren’t worthy of me. For a while (most of my life) I wasn’t that selective because my picker was broken. That or I just didn’t think highly enough of myself to not get involved with them in the first place.

Either way I tolerated too much for too long.

The anger is probably a good thing for you, as odd as that may sound. It’s bringing about an awareness that you possibly suppressed. When bad things happen to us when we’re little we learn how to ignore our negative feelings because it’s easier than thinking about them and processing them because they can be overwhelming. It’s a coping mechanism.

Feeling anger now is a step forward to being present in the moment. It’s a step towards enlightenment and healing.

Allow yourself to feel. It’s a good thing.

• Author
Veronica73
I had to learn how to distance myself from some people because they just aren’t worthy of me. For a while (most of my life) I wasn’t that selective because my picker was broken. That or I just didn’t think highly enough of myself to not get involved with them in the first place.

Either way I tolerated too much for too long.

The anger is probably a good thing for you, as odd as that may sound. It’s bringing about an awareness that you possibly suppressed. When bad things happen to us when we’re little we learn how to ignore our negative feelings because it’s easier than thinking about them and processing them because they can be overwhelming. It’s a coping mechanism.

Feeling anger now is a step forward to being present in the moment. It’s a step towards enlightenment and healing.

Allow yourself to feel. It’s a good thing.

Yes, that’s another thing I have talked about with my therapist. I have a tendency to stuff things down... especially anger. I tend to not notice it until it’s really bad and impossible to ignore.

I have tolerated too much for too long as well.

Thank you for your thoughts. It helps.

Has he been found guilty?

No. The plea hearing is coming up soon. I think then they set a date for a sentencing hearing, and then after that he’ll go to prison. Back when we were still talking he said he had no idea what the DA would offer. He said it could be six months or it could be twenty years.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m on some kind of government watch list right now based on the crazy crap I’ve been researching since finding out about all this. I’ve researched pedophilia, the criminal justice system, prisons in my state, if child molesters really do have as hard of a time in prison as you hear (FYI, it doesn’t sound like they do.)

• Like 1
  • Author
Veronica73

His lawyer is very well-regarded. From one of the top firms in the area. So I imagine his sentence will be much less than it could be.