Escalation

No_Go

• Author

Yeas, agreed, I'll handle this very lightly and I won't put my hopes up before clearing the waters. No 'serious' conversations, no interrogations, I'll be open and friendly and let him open up if he wants to. Otherwise I'll just enjoy the night, so it is a win win.

However, I'd be wearing bodycon dress, stilettos, red lips, cat eye- so although part of a funny bet it can pass as too provocative? The thing that works in my favor is that I'm usually dressed up on a daily basis so it's not like there will be shocking difference besides the heel height and bright colors... If I go a bit more understated the fun side will be lost because it will blend with my daily wear.

Also - the situation is such that we possibly will not be working together for too long, actually if I accept a given opportunity we may be parting ways as coworkers much much sooner than I thought! This is good on one side and on the other side is giving me massive anxiety that with ceasing the constant contact and getting super busy, things may fizzle, especially if the ambiguity continues. It is such a trap, I can't rush, I can't delay either...

• Like 1
Cookiesandough
I've recently been through something similar and I was so so anxious I turned the guy down 3-4 times before agreeing to go out. Then after I did agree it was in day time um super extended break, and again I was so nervous I slipped things and couldn't look up when he'll compliment me.

So if he'll judge level of interest at that time - he'd have to say impasse. Thank god he didn't. After a little over a week he asked me to do something together again and because it was again day time low key, the anxiety calmed down. Afterwards we moved it to weekend times, and I start developing massive crush. It has been almost two months and I'm near praying for physical stuff, I'm getting so ready for it. But we are now very comfortable with each other.

No_Go!!! Just why?!?!!?

Bodycon dress and stilettos, plz pull through

• Like 1
  • Author
No_Go!!! Just why?!?!!?

Bodycon dress and stilettos, plz pull through

Anxiety Cookies :D I think he deserves someone more normal or me acting normally, so I should :D

• Like 1
Yeas, agreed, I'll handle this very lightly and I won't put my hopes up before clearing the waters. No 'serious' conversations, no interrogations, I'll be open and friendly and let him open up if he wants to. Otherwise I'll just enjoy the night, so it is a win win.

However, I'd be wearing bodycon dress, stilettos, red lips, cat eye- so although part of a funny bet it can pass as too provocative? The thing that works in my favor is that I'm usually dressed up on a daily basis so it's not like there will be shocking difference besides the heel height and bright colors... If I go a bit more understated the fun side will be lost because it will blend with my daily wear.

Just to clarify... you're wearing all that to just the DINNER, right, not to work? While there's plenty of fun erotica out there about women losing bets and having to wear stuff like that to work (could've sworn I've written one of those, too! :laugh:), it's really NOT a good idea in real life!

• Author
Just to clarify... you're wearing all that to just the DINNER, right, not to work? While there's plenty of fun erotica out there about women losing bets and having to wear stuff like that to work (could've sworn I've written one of those, too! :laugh:), it's really NOT a good idea in real life!

Haha of course I’ll look normal during the day and make the tweaks (remove blazer, change shoes, amp up make up etc) only for the night. I can easily add up stuff in my car, there is not even a neeed to run home :D And yet I’m thinking it maybe too much... because of the desire for very slow unforced development.

Haha of course I’ll look normal during the day and make the tweaks (remove blazer, change shoes, amp up make up etc) only for the night. I can easily add up stuff in my car, there is not even a neeed to run home :D And yet I’m thinking it maybe too much... because of the desire for very slow unforced development.

Don't worry about it. While the development has been slow so far, there has to be some form of progression if you want things to go somewhere. Being dressed up for dinner is a good step forward IMHO.

• Like 1
However, I'd be wearing bodycon dress, stilettos, red lips, cat eye

I had to Google that. This is what I found in case others are interested. If he doesn't escalate when you're wearing that then you're sooo friend zoned.

• Like 2
  • Author
I had to Google that. This is what I found in case others are interested. If he doesn't escalate when you're wearing that then you're sooo friend zoned.

From the link - something like the 4th model on the 1st row but not that short and black with red details. That's not too much, right?

Hah, yeah, if I'm getting friend zoned again, it will suck :D Do you guys put so much time in someone who you consider just friend? I'm not excluding the possibility though because I got friend zoned once last year.

• Like 2

Hah, yeah, if I'm getting friend zoned again, it will suck :D Do you guys put so much time in someone who you consider just friend? I'm not excluding the possibility though because I got friend zoned once last year.

In general, I think women have no problem spending lots of time with a guy they only see as a friend, but most men won't spend that much time with a woman unless they are attracted to her.

This guy sounds more interested than the other guy.

Are you just as crazy about this guy?

• Like 1
From the link - something like the 4th model on the 1st row but not that short and black with red details. That's not too much, right?

Hubba hubba!

If he doesn't escalate then somebody else will :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Author

It's apples and oranges but the intensity is about the same :D The hormonal rush is there.

With the other one there was this crazy dreams about nature & space & doing grand things together. This was the 'muse' part I referred to. He also always kept his distance creating this mystery that was drawing me to him. He was turned inwards, very in tune with himself but less in tune with the outside world.

With this man - he's like a home base. When I need grounding, he's there. He still lets me dream big without being embarrassed lol, but I reflect my thoughts on him instead of getting lost in space:) We have this warm connection, and we're both hands on building things, handling difficult pets :lmao:, and difficult people together. I've always felt safe and respected around him, and even when we were more distant friends in the beginning, he was the person who I'd run to if I want advice or just someone to talk to. And yet he has this sexy vibe, pressing the right string with a single word sometimes and leaving me sleepless the night after:)

In general, I think women have no problem spending lots of time with a guy they only see as a friend, but most men won't spend that much time with a woman unless they are attracted to her.

This guy sounds more interested than the other guy.

Are you just as crazy about this guy?

• Like 4
It's apples and oranges but the intensity is about the same :D The hormonal rush is there.

With the other one there was this crazy dreams about nature & space & doing grand things together. This was the 'muse' part I referred to. He also always kept his distance creating this mystery that was drawing me to him. He was turned inwards, very in tune with himself but less in tune with the outside world.

With this man - he's like a home base. When I need grounding, he's there. He still lets me dream big without being embarrassed lol, but I reflect my thoughts on him instead of getting lost in space:) We have this warm connection, and we're both hands on building things, handling difficult pets :lmao:, and difficult people together. I've always felt safe and respected around him, and even when we were more distant friends in the beginning, he was the person who I'd run to if I want advice or just someone to talk to. And yet he has this sexy vibe, pressing the right string with a single word sometimes and leaving me sleepless the night after:)

That's awesome!

Saying he feels like home is a big statement - the way it should be.

I hope this works out!

• Like 1

Ooh! I like this story!! :D:

Have fun on Friday and just go with the flow.

In the meantime focus on the plans of workwear and eveningwear so you know exactly what you need to take, it'll take your mind off the actual night out if you focus on the practical stuff. This has always been my trick with nerves for dates (or anything nerve-wracking for that matter). I focus on the getting there or the whatever I need to do beforehand, If my mind flicks to thinking about the date I consciously flick it back to the stuff I need to do right before the date.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks Gemma!

Thankfully I'm pretty skilled at dress/make up conversions but as you said is nerve wracking so I loaded (almost) everything yesterday night :D Rehearsing tonight again.....

Gosh he's so nervous it makes ME nervous. He sent me a million messages today that scream nervousness to me, usually he's very calm, I really hope we don't mess it up..........

Ooh! I like this story!! :D:

Have fun on Friday and just go with the flow.

In the meantime focus on the plans of workwear and eveningwear so you know exactly what you need to take, it'll take your mind off the actual night out if you focus on the practical stuff. This has always been my trick with nerves for dates (or anything nerve-wracking for that matter). I focus on the getting there or the whatever I need to do beforehand, If my mind flicks to thinking about the date I consciously flick it back to the stuff I need to do right before the date.

• Like 2
  • Author
What were the messages about?

About tomorrow mainly! And some ambiguous jokes:D Gah my face is hot, I need to calm down to take a nap tonight

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

No_go, I think I am a little concerned about you now that this really might be happening.

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
heavenonearth
Thanks Gemma!

Thankfully I'm pretty skilled at dress/make up conversions but as you said is nerve wracking so I loaded (almost) everything yesterday night :D Rehearsing tonight again.....

Gosh he's so nervous it makes ME nervous. He sent me a million messages today that scream nervousness to me, usually he's very calm, I really hope we don't mess it up..........

AWwww that's adorable. I am a bit envious! I wish I had a real first date again!

I am always nervous to see my boyfriend when I haven't seen him for a whole busy week, and I get butterflies.... But still, first real dates are the best.

• Like 3
  • Author
AWwww that's adorable. I am a bit envious! I wish I had a real first date again!

I am always nervous to see my boyfriend when I haven't seen him for a whole busy week, and I get butterflies.... But still, first real dates are the best.

Do another one with your BF Heaven! Just pretend it’s a first date :D Like us after 12-13 non-date dates we’re back on first date-date :D

• Author
No_go, I think I am a little concerned about you now that this really might be happening.

Why Cookies?

I’m mainly concerned that one of us will freak out and back into friend zone. Anything else - I’m loooking forward !!!!

shussshhh!! No_go is finally sneaking out of her stable. We don't want her to run back in before even trying a little trot. She is ready! I know you are nervous for her and you want her to step back like you would do but it's not the answer. Encourage her to go for it, not to run back in.

• Like 2
  • Author
How did it go? :bunny:

6 hours long dinner & now on my way for a follow up :love: I’ll write more later but woahhhh things are at boiling point

• Like 9