It took me awhile but I did it 😊

Sofie2013

Hi Golden, in response to your post about what I wrote, check her thread "I cheated, husband found out. I disclosed and he divorced me" and go to her post on page 71 dated 25 Feb 2014. Read the last paida of her post and I think my point would be clarified. Her husband being a lawyer kept things close to his chest and was non communicative with her. Probably the strong silent type.

By the way Folks if a poster who dares to come back and update us on their situation currently gets bashed this way I doubt that in the future any one would return to do so and finally the rest of us would be poorer for the lack of knowledge and it's benefit to affected folks on here. Just my opinion. Warm wishes.

• Like 3
How is asking her to clarify 2 contradicting statements that she made in her threads classified as bashing?

She explained it in her thread. Just go read the damn thing!

She explained it in her thread. Just go read the damn thing!

I have. Sorry, still makes no sense. Read the original post again and explain how anyone can write that and not mean that they had sex a lot of times aside from the hotel. No one would write it that way, and no one would interpret it that way.

I have. Sorry, still makes no sense. Read the original post again and explain how anyone can write that and not mean that they had sex a lot of times aside from the hotel. No one would write it that way, and no one would interpret it that way.

I took it to mean that they acted like a couple during those non-sexual “hookups”. Her then-hubby hired a PI to track her affair, so I don’t see how she could have gotten away by lying. Remember, she was there for him when he was at the rock bottom of his life, and helped him emerge as a successful man.

Also, in case you haven’t noticed ready, Sofie is not a native English speaker. Hers was a really long thread, and she was really receptive to questions and suggestions then. Sorry you missed your opportunity to grill her then, but the current thread is no longer about the specifics of her affair and divorce.

• Like 4

You read the sentence saying they had hooked up mostly in hotels, but also they had done it other times, and you think to yourself, "oh, that means they hung out and acted as a couple, non-sexually"?

You read the sentence saying they had hooked up mostly in hotels, but also they had done it other times, and you think to yourself, "oh, that means they hung out and acted as a couple, non-sexually"?

It could be that they made out a bit during those meetings outside of the hotels. Like you, I was a little confused at first too. But it appeared to me she wrote her posts off a cell phone (as evidenced by the many typos in her posts), and wrote some confusing sentences. Personally, I believed her later clarification, as she could have easily lied about the amount of sexual contacts from the beginning. But I realize whether one believes her story or not is very subjective and personal. I can also see why that didn’t bother her ex-hubby anymore. First, he hired a PI right when he suspected something; he then reported their affair to their employer that led to the affair partner’s firing, and finally he went ahead with the divorced without hesitation. This is a man who is decisive and has dignity. Furthermore, he has a very successful career and is very good looking and has great social skills. He has plenty of great options if things don’t work out with Sofie.

• Like 1

I think we should allow them to decide the path their relationship takes, this is not about who is right or wrong, this is about the two of them. Everyone deserves to be happy, everyone deserves to be loved. I am one of the hardest people you ever want commenting on your post if your a wayward spouse but that doesn't mean you don't deserve to be happy or be loved. The two of you need to work this out for yourselves if your serious about a future together.

• Like 2

Since the thread starter hasn't returned to LS or the thread for nearly two weeks, we'll close it up for now. Thanks for your input!