Affair partner physically thrashed my husband and had a physical fight with my sons

sophisticatedlady

A couple of things:

1) You aided and abetted a serious felony - the attack on your husband. In doing so, you can be charged with the same crime committed by your AP and the argument would be made that you acted in concert. Even if the jury doesn’t buy that, you can be found guilty of a lessor crime. There is a chance you could do jail time. Save yourself by being honest with your attorney and have representation with you when you meet again with law enforcement.

2) Your employer had every right to fire you. Employers - absent a contract - can terminate without cause in most states.

3) Be careful going back to the house. You abandoned the house when you ran off with your lover. You can at least be accused of trespassing.

4) Leave your husband and children alone. If you love your kids, try to find a way to apologize to them on their terms - through an intermediary, if possible, so they don’t have to see you. You may not see them again, so be warned. Not only did you cheat, but you allowed your husband and them to be assaulted and then ran away with and cared for the man who assaulted them who only had minor injuries while your husband and kids had more serious injuries. Then, you covered up for their assailant in an interview with police. Finally, you only show up to try and repair damage after a period of days and then get argumentive with the victims. There is absolutely nothing redeeming in your behavior as you tell the story. You can only do more damage. Stay away.

4) Be prepared to lose everything. While most states are no fault divorce, the commission of a crime changes those rules. You may not get a single penny from your husband in a divorce.

Are you still with AP? Was it all worth it? You have destroyed your life and the lives of your closest family members. I hope it was worth it.

• Like 4
A couple of things:

1) You aided and abetted a serious felony - the attack on your husband. In doing so, you can be charged with the same crime committed by your AP and the argument would be made that you acted in concert. Even if the jury doesn’t buy that, you can be found guilty of a lessor crime. There is a chance you could do jail time. Save yourself by being honest with your attorney and have representation with you when you meet again with law enforcement.

3) Be careful going back to the house. You abandoned the house when you ran off with your lover. You can at least be accused of trespassing.

4) Be prepared to lose everything. While most states are no fault divorce, the commission of a crime changes those rules. You may not get a single penny from your husband in a divorce.

Are you still with AP? Was it all worth it? You have destroyed your life and the lives of your closest family members. I hope it was worth it.

OP...don't let this post scare you. This is anger talking here...absolutely none of what above is true save the paragraph I didn't quote, and the one about employers. Those three paragraphs are bald faced lies. Lawyer up and stay away from the "lawyers" here.

Edited by standtall

REspectfully, Standtall, I disagree. Once the crime took place, OP made a conscious choice - as she tells it - to abet the assault and escape with the

AP. She also writes that she was evasive to law enforcement. That goes to intent.

Once a crime is committed, anyone who assists in the Commission of that crime can be charged with the most serious charges of the crime. Does not mean they will be convicted, but they have exposure. Advising the poster of the risks is to ensure that she does get counsel.

Further, abandonment of property is a second issue. Yes, it’s real. Again, get an attorney and preserve the claim on the property. As for employment law, that’s pretty self explanatory. Employers don’t need reasons. There is no “right to work.”

If this case is as presented is true, there are issues and she should seek counsel.

FYI: I am not angry. Appalled but not angry. If my state of mind has any impact, I do not personally know OP, AP, spouse or children. As the saying goes, “Not my circus, not my monkeys.” My comments really go to the extent of the injuries and how that changes the scenario.

Edited by georgia girl
Closed response too early.
  • Like 7
Cullenbohannon
OP...don't let this post scare you. This is anger talking here...absolutely none of what above is true save the paragraph I didn't quote, and the one about employers. Those three paragraphs are bald faced lies. Lawyer up and stay away from the "lawyers" here.

Not sure I believe any of this thread, but this post is ridiculous.

Fact, Your AP drew a weapon and put your "husband" in the hospital. He wont be able to walk for a month.

The game changed once he drew a weapon. If you run into a DA who was cheated on, don't be surprised if the AP is charge with attempted murder and you with accessory. You fled the scene and helped a criminal get away. More than likely, you will both do time.

And why did the AP have to draw a weapon? You draw a weapon when you are getting your ass kicked. Bet your "husband" was getting the better of him, so he had to pick up a bat. Then your 15 and 17 year old sons put a can of whoopass on him so he fled. Wow. Impressive.

Less than sophisticated. I am not sure where you dug up your title.

BTW are you enjoying the thread? Blah.

Edited by Cullenbohannon
  • Like 3

There is no such thing as aiding and abetting an a** beating. Fleeing from violence is not illegal and is viewed highly by the courts, regardless of your non-illegal extra marital activities prior to that. Geez....these "lawyers" here speaking out of anger, and not the law or case history.

OP, by what you described you have

1. Not committed a crime in regards to the event leading to the assault of you husband.

2. Are entitled to half of the marital assets gained during the marriage no matter what non-illegal cheating you did.

3. To move back into your house and get a PPO as needed against anyone that threatens you.

4. To stay away from your affair partner and make no attempt to help him evade justice in any way.

Just lawyer up and stay away from getting legal advice here.

Edited by standtall

I am not a lawyer though a prosecutor can bring charges

against anyone for doing anything.

The old saying: You can indict a ham sandwich.

As to is there a case for aiding in this crime. In my opinion

it is to close to call for a non lawyer. But she left with her OM

fleeing the scene of the crime.

Also as to legal rights to the residence. Yes she is still the

wife. Though maybe the BH can get a RO against her based

on that she brought home a dangerous felon and created a

situation for the potential harm to her BH and children.

Even if the police will not keep her from returning home

how can she sit there and face her children and BH after

what she has done to them and she allowed her OM to

do to them?

the lack of recent posts from the OP (can't call her SL) may mean that she's a guest of the gov't ATM....I would be interested to know what she's thinking, outside of her own well being...i.e. how she justifies the A and what the AP did...

• Like 2
justanotheroneofyou
Is English your first language? I need to know you understand the seriousness of your situation because we now know a weapon was used in the attack on your family. Your choice to leave your family with the other man/attacker puts you in a very bad place. You need to get a lawyer that has experience with weapons charges. This is not just about infidelity, this is about you possibly being charged with a very serious crime. This could change your ability to be bonded, your credit, your financial situation, type of job you can hold, your marriage and there is a chance you may be incarcerated.

Even if your family doesn't press charges, the fact that a weapon was used makes it a police matter. This is a felony. No matter what my personal views of your behavior are, you need to be advised to get legal help. You also need to get independent counselling to find out why you behaved the way you did. There may be a physiological condition that your not aware of that is causing you to act the way you are.

I will stick to the thread, as asked by the administrator.

I'm a linguist and I can spot patterns of second language acquisition (I'm trained to do this and I spoke about my credentials elsewhere when it was also relevant).

This person--the story aside--from my reading, is using artificial intervals of English. What this means is they are projecting an artifice of not knowing the language. There's no consistency in confused idioms or syntactic structure, the kind you would find if someone were truly writing from a different language base or even using google translate to do so. This is not an example of this. This is akin to me faking my handwriting in order to disguise myself, but dropping in the regular way I write "a" here and there because it's a trained muscle. The brain is also wired in the native language and may sound a bit more contrived foreign on paper, but it could never be done IRL.

So, to answer a direct question on the thread and to stay away from speculation about what is real and what is not, I'm simply using my training to say that the person is probably a native speaker of the English language, but for whatever reason (and i would never speculate ;)) is trying to come off like a foreigner. It may be difficult for you to spot, but look at comma placement. The "mistakes" are inconsistent.

Anyway, back to the thread.

• Like 5

To me, a woman who'd abandon her husband is a woman, a human being, a creature with flaws and weaknesses. But a woman who'd abandon her children for sex and excitement? I don't really have any words for this, this is a new low. You already made that choice when you fled from your home with your AP, now follow through and get away from your ex-husband's and children's lifes, permanently.

Closed until the thread starter returns, if they would like the thread re-opened then alert on my post and we will do so, thanks