Paint class as a second date?

jimbo

• Author
I’m using this idea as a third date. Looks like a lot of fun especially since the girl I’m seeing is big in the arts.

She enjoyed the event and was pretty close and touchy from time to time. You'd have a good time then. Tip. Get the coupons from Groupon and you'd save some money on two tickets.

Regardless, have a good time.

LivingWaterPlease

jimbo, seems to me from what you've posted she really likes you. I don't think you were forward at all considering her behavior. The way she was with you which was, imo, all over you, I'd wonder about a man who didn't try to touch certain areas.

I also don't think your attempts, once on each date, will push her away. Seems to me she's enjoying your enthusiasm but just doesn't want you to go further for whatever reason.

If she continues to act this way yet pushes your hands away, to me, that's not a good sign. Her behavior seems to be asking for it and if she isn't aware of that, then...something is wrong such as she's either very naive or very selfish.

Her messages are really mixed. Especially when you asked her about what she likes and she told you she wants you to find out. Yet when you try she pushes you away. Sounds immature and/or selfish to me.

• Author
jimbo, seems to me from what you've posted she really likes you. I don't think you were forward at all considering her behavior. The way she was with you which was, imo, all over you, I'd wonder about a man who didn't try to touch certain areas.

I also don't think your attempts, once on each date, will push her away. Seems to me she's enjoying your enthusiasm but just doesn't want you to go further for whatever reason.

If she continues to act this way yet pushes your hands away, to me, that's not a good sign. Her behavior seems to be asking for it and if she isn't aware of that, then...something is wrong such as she's either very naive or very selfish.

Her messages are really mixed. Especially when you asked her about what she likes and she told you she wants you to find out. Yet when you try she pushes you away. Sounds immature and/or selfish to me.

It's certainly a conundrum. I know it's only been about 3 weeks (skipped last week as I was just too tired from work to go out), but I would had expected a bit more texting or calling by now. She contacted me after the paint date checking to see if I hung my painting up, but not after the third date. She did text me that she got home. I said I had a nice time, she replied "Me too! Good Night." I texted her on Wednesday to setup plans for this weekend instead of last weekend. I assumed she was going to say thanks but no thanks. Ironically, she saids next Saturday works for me. Hard to read her when I am not with her. However, on the second date and third date she was holding me and snuggling up where we were on top of each other. When our eyes locked (multiple times), we would start kissing, her head met me half way (albeit a whole 2 inches away - LOL), and she'd move on top of me or we'd be laying on the couch switching from her on top to me on top. I think there's chemistry here, but the removal of my hands was a bit of a push back. She said on the second date, it's only our second date. I said no biggie. We'll see how she acts this weekend. She seems hesitant, but then really wants the kissing and closeness. She was biting my lips and fingers... I can play it back in my mind. She was also sweating too. I offered for her to take off her cardigan (she had another shirt under it), but she wouldn't budge. So she's sweating under the covers with me.. I wasn't sweating.. I had a short sleeve shirt on. LOL.

I guess everyone is different. Only been back out dating for a year or so. Perhaps this cat and mouse game is the norm with mid-30 year old women?

She certainly enjoys the kissing aspect. We were snuggling several times, where her arms and legs are wrapped around me and we make eye contact and just start kissing. She also likes kissing around her neck and ear. I even went to ask what turns you on, what do you like? Her response, I am not telling you, you will have to find out with a smile, smirk and sultry voice.

I actually like this. I don't consider this an unfair tease at all. It's a normal slow build up. You can escalate some yourself but do it slowly. Play the game she likes to play. Don't go directly for the "prizes" consider other parts of her body for attention: the inside of her wrist, between her fingers, the small of her back, her side, her thighs, etc.

• Like 1
She enjoyed the event and was pretty close and touchy from time to time. You'd have a good time then. Tip. Get the coupons from Groupon and you'd save some money on two tickets.

Regardless, have a good time.

We'll see what happens. She is SUPER EXCITED. She has done one before with her sisters. I'm just taking her on different dates each time we see each other. Putt-putt and dinner, dinner and a movie, and now dinner and PaintNite.

This is probably a great way to bond. I doubt it's a good first date, but seems like a good second or third date.

• Like 2
  • Author
We'll see what happens. She is SUPER EXCITED. She has done one before with her sisters. I'm just taking her on different dates each time we see each other. Putt-putt and dinner, dinner and a movie, and now dinner and PaintNite.

This is probably a great way to bond. I doubt it's a good first date, but seems like a good second or third date.

I thought it was a good idea because it gives two people time to get to know each other and create something together. Happiness and fun are good feelings to have around a new person. I am sure both of you will have a great time!

• Like 1
LivingWaterPlease
It's certainly a conundrum. I know it's only been about 3 weeks (skipped last week as I was just too tired from work to go out), but I would had expected a bit more texting or calling by now. She contacted me after the paint date checking to see if I hung my painting up, but not after the third date. She did text me that she got home. I said I had a nice time, she replied "Me too! Good Night." I texted her on Wednesday to setup plans for this weekend instead of last weekend. I assumed she was going to say thanks but no thanks. Ironically, she saids next Saturday works for me. Hard to read her when I am not with her. However, on the second date and third date she was holding me and snuggling up where we were on top of each other. When our eyes locked (multiple times), we would start kissing, her head met me half way (albeit a whole 2 inches away - LOL), and she'd move on top of me or we'd be laying on the couch switching from her on top to me on top. I think there's chemistry here, but the removal of my hands was a bit of a push back. She said on the second date, it's only our second date. I said no biggie. We'll see how she acts this weekend. She seems hesitant, but then really wants the kissing and closeness. She was biting my lips and fingers... I can play it back in my mind. She was also sweating too. I offered for her to take off her cardigan (she had another shirt under it), but she wouldn't budge. So she's sweating under the covers with me.. I wasn't sweating.. I had a short sleeve shirt on. LOL.

I guess everyone is different. Only been back out dating for a year or so. Perhaps this cat and mouse game is the norm with mid-30 year old women?

Well, there are women who want the man to do all the calling at first. So, to me the fact she hasn't contacted you much doesn't mean she's uninterested.

It seems to me she's very interested in you.

You just have to decide whether or not you want to wait it out with her seductive behavior. Personally, if she's not ready for anything more, were I a guy dating her, I think I'd prefer she toned it down a bit. Not being a guy, though, I can't be sure how I'd handle it.

If a guy was doing this (teasing but not following through) to me, I'd lose interest in him. Not that I want to move fast, I really don't. But, that's why I'd prefer not to have someone bouncing around all over me sweating, wiggling around, biting, etc. lol! Too much too early for me. Hey, she might just be hyperactive! :D

• Like 1
  • Author
Well, there are women who want the man to do all the calling at first. So, to me the fact she hasn't contacted you much doesn't mean she's uninterested.

It seems to me she's very interested in you.

You just have to decide whether or not you want to wait it out with her seductive behavior. Personally, if she's not ready for anything more, were I a guy dating her, I think I'd prefer she toned it down a bit. Not being a guy, though, I can't be sure how I'd handle it.

If a guy was doing this (teasing but not following through) to me, I'd lose interest in him. Not that I want to move fast, I really don't. But, that's why I'd prefer not to have someone bouncing around all over me sweating, wiggling around, biting, etc. lol! Too much too early for me. Hey, she might just be hyperactive! :D

I guess she's a bit hard to read. I used to chase, but I've found more success in just calling once a week, chat a bit and plan another date for the weekend. Last week threw a bit of a wrench into things, as I was unable to make plans last weekend (business crazy busy plus was opening a new location). I did reach out to her last Thursday and we made plans for this Saturday. I guess, I'd feel a bit more confident if she reached out a bit. I know, everyone is different. I will take it as it comes (and goes). Hopefully, if there was a spark on her end, we've not lost it because of last weekend's hiccup.

• Like 1
  • Author

Surprisingly the date went well. We were intimate after the show and then again the following morning. I thought things were progressing in the right direction. LivingWaterPlease was correct and she was/is looking for more initial contact from me it seems. Fair enough. Anyway, so here's the strange situation. I was just at my buddy's place, and was helping him write his profile on Match. After we did that, he was going through the "matches" for him and she came up active and online now. I was a bit taken back as, heck we've not had sec less than 10 hours ago. I didn't even know she was still on Match. She did state this morning for some reason, with a smile and smirk, she's not the type of woman who sleeps around and such. Heck, I (she) doesn't even know if I am seeing another one tonight. I looked at her with a puzzled look.

I know it's only been four dates, but I guess this threw me back a bit. I know I cannot bring this up, but again, I am a bit surprised.

Jimbo, until exclusitivity is brought up, I’m afraid most girls are going to still get online often.

My date and I spent eight hours together last night and another five hours with each other this morning. We tentatively agreed to meet next Sunday.

I have a non-paid account on the religious site to watch others and see if they go online and she was on this afternoon for a bit after not being on for four days.

Not going to lie, it STINGS. But, we have only spent three weekends together and I have to realize that until we’re exclusive, she has the right to message others.

I won’t bring it up until we’ve been on at least six dates or more.

Us men fall for ladies a lot quicker than they fall for us.

• Author

I know, but yes, it just stings. I do not know if she's multi-dating or not. However, by the look of the intimacy, she seems more shy than aggressive. Strangely enough, she even was extremely nervous during our first time. I even asked, what's wrong? She said I'm nervous, I'm freaking out. I said calm down this is supposed to be relaxing and fun for both of us. She did and she seemed to loosen up. The second one was much better and I assume she enjoyed it. Fact of the mater is, I am not a multi-dater nor do I date others if I have intercourse with a women. For me, it's a big step in trust. One would assume it is for a woman as well. I could be over thinking things. However, I just thought that was a bit odd. Again, could be just me.

I know, but yes, it just stings. I do not know if she's multi-dating or not. However, by the look of the intimacy, she seems more shy than aggressive. Strangely enough, she even was extremely nervous during our first time. I even asked, what's wrong? She said I'm nervous, I'm freaking out. I said calm down this is supposed to be relaxing and fun for both of us. She did and she seemed to loosen up. The second one was much better and I assume she enjoyed it. Fact of the mater is, I am not a multi-dater nor do I date others if I have intercourse with a women. For me, it's a big step in trust. One would assume it is for a woman as well. I could be over thinking things. However, I just thought that was a bit odd. Again, could be just me.

I’m not a multidater either. I can’t do it. My plan is I’ll see her next Sunday and go from there. Patience is truly a virtue. At some point in March I’m asking my date to go exclusive.

• Author
I’m not a multidater either. I can’t do it. My plan is I’ll see her next Sunday and go from there. Patience is truly a virtue. At some point in March I’m asking my date to go exclusive.

Yea, just a strange situation and feeling to be in. Perhaps women do not put a high value on intimacy as they used too? Like I've said before, I've been out of the dating market for 10 + years. It's like another world out here.. I'm amazed that anyone bonds with anyone due to all the apps, sites, FB, Insta, etc. It's like another world.

I hope better luck with your date. Perhaps, things are better on a religious dating site than a regular one..

Yea, just a strange situation and feeling to be in. Perhaps women do not put a high value on intimacy as they used too? Like I've said before, I've been out of the dating market for 10 + years. It's like another world out here.. I'm amazed that anyone bonds with anyone due to all the apps, sites, FB, Insta, etc. It's like another world.

I hope better luck with your date. Perhaps, things are better on a religious dating site than a regular one..

Not much intimacy yet. Can’t expect it for a long while. We held hands during mass for a bit, but that was the extent of it. We touched whenever we sat by each other. She takes it slow and even said that. Still stings to see her online! I don’t think she’s multi-dating but she’s definitely still getting online.

• Author
Not much intimacy yet. Can’t expect it for a long while. We held hands during mass for a bit, but that was the extent of it. We touched whenever we sat by each other. She takes it slow and even said that. Still stings to see her online! I don’t think she’s multi-dating but she’s definitely still getting online.

Geez.. Trust when I say I understand what you are going through. I've been down that route previously as well. Perhaps moving the date to a Friday or Saturday evening would help progress things along? You know, have her crap or get off the pot?

Geez.. Trust when I say I understand what you are going through. I've been down that route previously as well. Perhaps moving the date to a Friday or Saturday evening would help progress things along? You know, have her crap or get off the pot?

We were together from 4 to midnight last night (Saturday). She’s a no sex until marriage type of person which I’m okay with. Because, I, myself, am pretty physically shy. It’s a bit different. I’ll bring up the kissing issue the day she agrees to become exclusive.

• Author
We were together from 4 to midnight last night (Saturday). She’s a no sex until marriage type of person which I’m okay with. Because, I, myself, am pretty physically shy. It’s a bit different. I’ll bring up the kissing issue the day she agrees to become exclusive.

If you're both saving yourself for marriage and you're both okay with that, then it may be worth the wait. Only you know in your heart and soul what you want out of a partner.

She did state this morning for some reason, with a smile and smirk, she's not the type of woman who sleeps around and such. Heck, I (she) doesn't even know if I am seeing another one tonight. I looked at her with a puzzled look.

That was your opening to tell her this:

Fact of the mater is, I am not a multi-dater nor do I date others if I have intercourse with a women. For me, it's a big step in trust.
  • Like 1

Just because she is online doesn't necessarily mean anything.

She could be waiting for you to lock her down and doesn't want to sit idly by if you're out dating other women.

• Author
Just because she is online doesn't necessarily mean anything.

She could be waiting for you to lock her down and doesn't want to sit idly by if you're out dating other women.

Perhaps, but I'm not dating other women. One is hard enough to entertain. Interestingly enough, I called her to setup a date this week, and she said she can't on Friday, but Saturday works.

Even more strange was that I said I was in her area yesterday, and she interrupted and said and you didn't stop by? I replied that's a little strange and stalkerish no? A dude you just met to stop by out of the blue? She said you could had called or texted to see if I was around.

So confused and perplexed as I was before.

• Author
That was your opening to tell her this:

I did state something of that effect. Again, it's only been a month so I do not want to seem needy. After she said you might be seeing someone tonight after you leave me (this was on Sunday). I said, nope. On the phone she did ask again (I assume jokingly), how was my date on Sunday.

• Author

I received a surprise text from her this morning say she had a stomach virus. I wished her a speedy recovery. Somehow I have a feeling I was blown off for another date. One reason I feel this way is she didn't offer to reschedule. She said it thanks and :(.

Do I follow up with her on how she's feeling and attempt to setup a date next weekend or just hang back and see if she reaches out to me?

• Author
Any acknowledgment of V Day?

We spoke on Tuesday the 13th for plans on the weekend, but neither brought up v-day. I thought it was too early and I wasn't going to push it.

We spoke on Tuesday the 13th for plans on the weekend, but neither brought up v-day. I thought it was too early and I wasn't going to push it.

I think you're both playing it a little too cool to be conducive to becoming closer.