Paint class as a second date?

jimbo

• Author
jimbo,

I'm saying this kindly - girls giggle, women don't.

She's starting to sound a bit immature and flaky to me.

Maybe you want to re-think this ?

It was a laughing. I consider giggling and laughing pretty much the same. :)

• Author
I wouldn't ask for her address until the day of. Maybe she doesn't want you to show up before the date. She has no idea how potentially crazy you may be. It happens. Don't take it personal and just go have a great date.

Certainly makes sense. I'm not going to chase nor purchase the tickets until I hear from her. I will let the chips fall where they may.

• Author
You are a very good guy. Not many men go to that sort of effort. It's kind, endearing, and courteous...not to mention fun. I don't know what is up with this girl. I want you to know, however, that you are a catch. Please don't think that her lack of response means that you did anything wrong: you did everything right. Most women--including myself--would appreciate this very much. Regardless of what happens with her, please keep being your wonderful self.

Thank you for the kind words. Just trying to do something different. Guess not up her alley. It's okay. Can't please everyone all the time. lol.

• Author
jimbo,

I'm saying this kindly - girls giggle, women don't.

She's starting to sound a bit immature and flaky to me.

Maybe you want to re-think this ?

Also, she didn't seem flaky prior. She even reached out an confirmed to me our 1st date a couple of days prior to the date. Strange situation.

• Author

Popsicle was right. She texted me tonight with her address. Strangely enough, she left out her apt #. How do I ask her apt. # w/o sounding like a creep?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Just an update on my adventures. She really liked the paint idea. She was talking about some movies, so since it was around 11pm and everything was closed, I suggested we watch a movie at her place; she agreed. We started to watch a movie and she snuggled with me, then she put her legs on me, and was on top of me for a bit while we were making out. I thought it was a pretty good sign, but she pushed away my hands from her butt and breasts. No problem, didn't try it again. She said it was only the second date. Again, no problem. She texted me a couple days later and asked me if I hung my painting up yet, I then called her to speak a bit and set the next date. I suggested I cook for her at my place, she agreed. It should normally take about 45 mins to get to her place to mine, but she took a different route and there was traffic. I cooked dinner, she cleaned up and we watched another movie. She snuggled next to me during the movie and put her legs on top of mine. Kissing and heavy making out again, but she kept on pushing my hands away from her butt and breasts. Again, not a problem. She left about 12am Sunday, and asked me to walk her to her car. I said sure, so she grabbed my hand and she started to walk. We went to her car and again a kissing a minute or so goodbye. I asked her to text me when she got home, and she did. I said I had a nice time and good night. She replied Me too and good night.

Just a bit confused on if she's interested or not. Trying not to over think things. I do not want to seem overzealous so If I do not hear from her this week, I was going to reach on Monday. Truth be told, we're moving where I work 30 mins away, and I am exhausted when I get home. This week, I've been too tired to cook dinner. I just fall asleep on the couch when I walk in. She is having a performance review that she seemed nervous about on Thursday. I asked her to call me and let me know how it works out.

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

Jimbo, if you keep groping her she's going to lose interest - if she hasn't been put off already.

Pushing your hands away once should have been a sign to back it up a bit and slow down with the physical. But the fact she had to repeat it would probably be a bit of a warning for her. It might be "no problem" for you, but I suspect she's more wary of you pushing her boundaries.

If she agrees to see you again, let her set the pace for the physical stuff.

• Like 5
  • Author
Jimbo, if you keep groping her she's going to lose interest - if she hasn't been put off already.

Pushing your hands away once should have been a sign to back it up a bit and slow down with the physical. But the fact she had to repeat it would probably be a bit of a warning for her. It might be "no problem" for you, but I suspect she's more wary of you pushing her boundaries.

It was once on the second date and then once on the third date. Not sure how you got the understanding I was repeating the act.

It was once on the second date and then once on the third date. Not sure how you got the understanding I was repeating the act.

You did it on the second date and again on the third date. This is repeating the act.

• Like 3
  • Author
You did it on the second date and again on the third date. This is repeating the act.

Ever hear of in the heat of the moment?

• Like 1

This!!!

Always let the woman set the pace. Everyone is different.

Ever hear of in the heat of the moment?

I had first date sex with my husband. I know what heat of the moment is :rolleyes:

But if she was pushing you away, she wasn't feeling it. Or if she was feeling it, she wasn't ready to act on it. Taking things further isn't just about when you're ready - it's about when you're BOTH ready.

Getting it wrong once can be put down to a misreading of the situation. Getting it wrong twice shows that you're struggling with the concepts of consent.

• Like 2
  • Author

Again, I wasn't thinking I did anything inappropriate as she was grabbing me in certain areas. Which is kind of weird as towards the end of the night this past weekend, she then put my hand on her butt. So, I am a bit perplexed on how to proceed. One would think, if she was upset, then she would not had gotten on top of me and grinded and grabbed be all over the place. In addition, then pull my hand outside to walk her to her car and then make out again.

Like I said, it was in the heat of the moment and when she first pushed my hands way, by default I did and didn't proceed. I thought I was putting her in the drivers seat on how far to go. I did call her a tease a few times. She retorted she wasn't and smiled.

So, yes, I am a bit perplexed. It's a bit like walking on eggshells on how to proceed and not screw up.

CautiouslyOptimistic

I think she sounds like she's sending mixed messages and teasing. I can see why you're confused. Especially if she was sitting on top of you while kissing you, and then pushing your hands off her butt. That sounds like a really big tease.

• Like 3
  • Author
I think she sounds like she's sending mixed messages and teasing. I can see why you're confused. Especially if she was sitting on top of you while kissing you, and then pushing your hands off her butt. That sounds like a really big tease.

You have no idea...

You can talk about letting the woman take the lead when it comes to being physical all you want but it's not so easy sometimes. It's a dance. You have to be sensitive to cues. Learn to read her receptivity.

If she's sitting on top of you, grinding on you, touching you and then pushing you away either she is being a tease or you are touching her in a way she doesn't like. Try gentle caresses instead of groping. Never go directly there. Look for receptivity first.

Just to show you how bad teasing can get... a few years ago I go back to a woman's place. She straddles me, pulls her top off and starts grinding on me. I touched her breast and she told me no and asked me to just lay back. I did. She pulled my jeans off then she ground herself on me in just her panties until she had an orgasm. Then she told me I needed to go. As I left I blocked her number. I never saw her again after that. Just a tad awkward for awhile since I work with her sister.

CommittedToThis

For me any sign of teasing is grounds for immediate termination. It's not cool and I'm not interested in furthering the aims of women who tease.

Thankfully they seem to be few and far between, for me anyway; I've dated maybe 2 dozen women over the past couple of years and only two were teases. Both were dropped without explanation, both continued to pursue me, both were met with silence. Eventually they got the hint.

Any woman who climbs on top of me and begins grinding on my package can expect me to respond in kind and if she rejects me, she's out.

No mercy. You don't do that to a man. Period.

• Like 1
  • Author
You can talk about letting the woman take the lead when it comes to being physical all you want but it's not so easy sometimes. It's a dance. You have to be sensitive to cues. Learn to read her receptivity.

If she's sitting on top of you, grinding on you, touching you and then pushing you away either she is being a tease or you are touching her in a way she doesn't like. Try gentle caresses instead of groping. Never go directly there. Look for receptivity first.

Just to show you how bad teasing can get... a few years ago I go back to a woman's place. She straddles me, pulls her top off and starts grinding on me. I touched her breast and she told me no and asked me to just lay back. I did. She pulled my jeans off then she ground herself on me in just her panties until she had an orgasm. Then she told me I needed to go. As I left I blocked her number. I never saw her again after that. Just a tad awkward for awhile since I work with her sister.

She certainly enjoys the kissing aspect. We were snuggling several times, where her arms and legs are wrapped around me and we make eye contact and just start kissing. She also likes kissing around her neck and ear. I even went to ask what turns you on, what do you like? Her response, I am not telling you, you will have to find out with a smile, smirk and sultry voice.

You're experience, wow. That's a tough situation to be in. She seemed she was only in it for herself..

• Author
For me any sign of teasing is grounds for immediate termination. It's not cool and I'm not interested in furthering the aims of women who tease.

Thankfully they seem to be few and far between, for me anyway; I've dated maybe 2 dozen women over the past couple of years and only two were teases. Both were dropped without explanation, both continued to pursue me, both were met with silence. Eventually they got the hint.

Any woman who climbs on top of me and begins grinding on my package can expect me to respond in kind and if she rejects me, she's out.

No mercy. You don't do that to a man. Period.

Many women around here tease. Seems to be part of the program. We have another date this Saturday. We'll see what happens...